Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric (10871 Views)

The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers / SERAP Sues FG & Fashola Over Inability To Share Free Pre-paid Metre To Nigerians / NERC, Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by Honest2(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2017
Hmmmmmm

We are waiting

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by bitcoinvin(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2017
Ovamboland:
Will you pay for fuel sold into your car tank when nothing is showing on the dispensing machine. Will you pay the estimated bill given by the attendant?

mr Man shut up and vote for Buahri again till 2023.
Meter was avaiable when dollar was 190 but now its 500 for 1 dollar.
Sai baba.
May God bless Buhari and increase his wisdom so that 1 dollar will be equal to 1000 or 2K .
Amen.
Sai Baba till 2023.
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by bitcoinvin(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2017
Desyner:
Abracadaba Logic. They are enjoying the estimated billing. The man lied like 10 times.

Vote for Buahri again till 2023.
Meter was avaiable when dollar was 190 but now its 500 for 1 dollar.
Sai baba.
May God bless Buhari and increase his wisdom so that 1 dollar will be equal to 100 or 2K .
Amen.
Sai Baba till 2023.
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by kayceeD2(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2017
TINALETC3:
Yes, and that's y u have a light skin
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by murmee: 9:59am On May 08, 2017
The CEO of Ikeja Electric is not making any sense.

(1) There are people that are willing to buy the Prepaid Meters at any price and forego any refund from Discos just to have peace of mind.

(2) It is wrong for any Disco to issue an estimated bill to an unmetered person based on what a metered person consumes as some people use more electric gadgets than others.

(3) What happens when the unmetered person travels out for like two or three months? Is it fair for him to come back to meet an estimated bill at his door? Will Disco expect him to pay for what he did not consume?

(5) Discos will be putting people under so much undeserved stress if they expect consumers to visit their offices so often to complain about estimated Bills!

For the sake of Peace and Progress, the Discos should dispense the Prepaid meters to their consumers. No more EXCUSES!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by ideaz: 10:24am On May 08, 2017
omohayek:
This is what you get when you run a privatization scheme favoring under-capitalized local operators, rather than opening the bidding fully to international investors and selling the assets off to those with deep enough pockets to properly invest in their operations. International operators like GE, Alcatel and the like would have known enough to properly hedge their risk exposure using derivatives beforehand, so they wouldn't have been as exposed to Nigeria's arbitrary FX changes in the first place (which is not to absolve Buhari of blame for his incredibly stupid FX policy).

You are very knowledgeable!

How and to who can I report when my estimated bills hit above 30% of my metered neighbour?

Sometimes, I see N2000 bills while mine reads N7000 for same month and same building, just different flats. cool
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by 7lives: 11:04am On May 08, 2017
omohayek:
This is what you get when you run a privatization scheme favoring under-capitalized local operators, rather than opening the bidding fully to international investors and selling the assets off to those with deep enough pockets to properly invest in their operations. International operators like GE, Alcatel and the like would have known enough to properly hedge their risk exposure using derivatives beforehand, so they wouldn't have been as exposed to Nigeria's arbitrary FX changes in the first place (which is not to absolve Buhari of blame for his incredibly stupid FX policy).

Thank you for this post, some thieves sold Nepa to themselves, their agents are going up and down enforcing their greedy agendas on Nigerians.
The 15,000 Naira that I loaded into my prepaid meter before Christmas, is still remaining some credits as am typing this because they give light at night only.
This only goes to show that Nigerians are being fleeced with the so called coded meter systems.
How can people be made to pay for the light they have not used?
EFCC needs to beam their search lights on the activities if Nepa, probe the sale of Nepa to these dubious distribution companies, what makes them qualified to buy these government properties.
Beam their search lights also on their dubious accounts, Nigerians need to know the volume of energy they sold to Nigerians compare to how much they are extorting from Nigerians.
As for the fx policy, the meter crisis was there before Buhari, then they have meter which they refused to share.
Nepa officials collected money for 8 meters in our compound and ate the money, they kept on telling us stories of how expensive it is to be on card meter.
And they gave us heavy bills without giving us lights, I personally went to make enquiries from those Nepa contractors, I got some contacts and that was how we got prepaid meters for our flats.
They came with atrocious demands, asking us to continue to pay for our dead analogue meters, we fought back and today we are free from their repressions.
Those power distribution companies are criminal organizations, simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:34am On May 08, 2017
See all the shameless lies the man is peddling all over the place. Trying to make it out like they lose on estimated billing. grin On the contrary, they are fighting desperately to keep the scam going. They get far more money from those billed through estimation than those with pre-paid meters. And they know it.

Sick, hopeless country where the simplest things people take for granted even in poor countries are made out to be like complex neurosurgery. Simply to purchase meters that millions are ready and willing to pay for is beyond the capacity of these incompetent buffoons. I fucckking hate this cursed country, I swear! angry

1 Like

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by maasoap(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2017
Blue3k2:

Where did he lie. He claimed they would rather have prepaid meters to save on production and delivery cost. I thought he would rather charge by the megawatt at end of month. They even did a CAPMI scheme til regulations stopped them for sluggish delivery.
He claimed and you believed him? Anyway, we're still paying in Osun State and we're getting it. The one given to us in March 2017 was paid for in July 2016. I paid for mine in December 2015 and was given to me in May 2016.
The reason why Ikeja DISCO didn't collect money from customers is that when you paid but not metered within 60 days, you're free to use electricity free of charge until your meter is supplied. But Ikeja DISCO is not ready to meter people, estimation is too good to let go.
He said that they patronize local manufacturers but yet he couldn't mention one manufacturer that Ikeja DISCO patronizes. And local manufacturer are still crying that DISCOS are not patronising them.
He was talking about N500 to 1 dollar? Very funny, perfect situation to hide underneath. Were they buying meters when people paid for it and 1 dollar was exchanging for N190?
Most of what he said were outright lies.

1 Like

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by maasoap(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2017
sweetilicious:
EEDC suspended it as well.Pls report anyone requesting for money using CAPMI programme as a source.Prepaid meter is so free.We are working on better services to our esteemed customers.EEDC cares
You suspended it because you didn't want people to be metered. You know that once customer paid and he's not metered with 60 days NERC empower such customer to use free energy until you supply the meter to him. You and your employers should learn from IBEDC.
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by koolkamzzy(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2017
THIEF PEOPLE!!!!
I fuel my generator for 1,500 every evening, which is like 45k per month, excluding cost of repairs and servicing the gen.
The truth is most Nigerians won't mind even if the bill is 15 to 20k monthly with constant power supply. But this evil people only know how to bring estimated bill with no power supply.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by biztip: 3:20pm On May 08, 2017
sweetilicious:
EEDC suspended it as well.Pls report anyone requesting for money using CAPMI programme as a source.Prepaid meter is so free.We are working on better services to our esteemed customers.EEDC cares
I live at Onitsha which is covered by EEDC. I never get any meter. abeg help menget one. I can see u re very sure of it. tanx
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by Cjrane2: 5:46pm On May 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by laudate: 10:54pm On May 08, 2017
7lives:
Thank you for this post, some thieves sold Nepa to themselves, their agents are going up and down enforcing their greedy agendas on Nigerians.
The 15,000 Naira that I loaded into my prepaid meter before Christmas, is still remaining some credits as am typing this because they give light at night only.
This only goes to show that Nigerians are being fleeced with the so called coded meter systems.
How can people be made to pay for the light they have not used?

EFCC needs to beam their search lights on the activities if Nepa, probe the sale of Nepa to these dubious distribution companies, what makes them qualified to buy these government properties.
Beam their search lights also on their dubious accounts, Nigerians need to know the volume of energy they sold to Nigerians compare to how much they are extorting from Nigerians.
As for the fx policy, the meter crisis was there before Buhari, then they have meter which they refused to share.
Nepa officials collected money for 8 meters in our compound and ate the money, they kept on telling us stories of how expensive it is to be on card meter.
And they gave us heavy bills without giving us lights, I personally went to make enquiries from those Nepa contractors, I got some contacts and that was how we got prepaid meters for our flats.
They came with atrocious demands, asking us to continue to pay for our dead analogue meters, we fought back and today we are free from their repressions.
Those power distribution companies are criminal organizations, simple.

How I wish I could dash you 1,000 likes for this post! cool You forgot to add that these same DISCOs refused to buy meters from local engineering companies, but preferred to import pre-paid meters at a ridiculous sum from abroad. Are Eko Disco staff and their supporters club reading these comments? I sincerely hope so, because they are the worst culprits who share out humongous bills that are totally inversely proportional to the amount of electricity they have supplied.

In Lagos Island, Lekki, Agungi & Ajah their staff are so rude, uncouth and fond of threatening customers with disconnection at every little turn. sad I have asked the DISCOs so many times, "when these pre-paid meters go bad, where do we take them to for repairs?" Before our pre-paid meter went bad, our bill was still reasonable. We would recharge a specific amount that could last us through the month. After it went bad, and we reported the issue, we started receiving astronomical estimated bills that bore no correlation to the amount of power supplied. That was when I knew that Eko Disco had incorporated 419/OBT into their manual of operations. Yeye people! angry
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by laudate: 11:10pm On May 08, 2017
smartty68:
No steady power supply and yet they offer estimated bills and faulty meters that almost burnt down my house.

Even the once who paid for the meters never got it.

Yet, estimated or not, the light bills Nigerians pay is outrageous

Guy, what you have just described here is the modus operandi of Eko Disco. sad Till today, no Disco has provided a clear cut method for fixing or repairing faulty pre-paid meters. They just ignore you when you lodge such complaints, and whip out estimated bills that do not correlate to the amount of electricity you have received. angry God pass dem! undecided
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 08, 2017
As usual, they will always tell stories to make up for their incompetence
Re: It Is In Our Interest To Give Out Pre-paid Meters — CEO, Ikeja Electric by sweetilicious(f): 7:09am On May 09, 2017
maasoap:

You suspended it because you didn't want people to be metered. You know that once customer paid and he's not metered with 60 days NERC empower such customer to use free energy until you supply the meter to him. You and your employers should learn from IBEDC.
That's not true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judging Willie Obiano And His Footprint On Infrastructure Transcends Anambra / APC Chair: Oyegun, Supporters Vow To Fight On, Won't Step Aside / Ugwuanyi Moves To Complete Enugu Int’l Conference Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.