Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251178 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 2:34am On Nov 13, 2017
babahameedah:

Brothers and sisters please, i need help o.

Please i want to know if its worth it. I am married with two kids. I intend applying for a masters in renewable energy in University of south Wales. Please if i pay the initial deposit before leaving and pay after arrival, will i be able to pay the remaining tuition after arriving Australia by working. can i bring my wife so she can work too? I want to be sure before dabbling into it.

Thanks.

It is best you come with your spouse. Your spouse can work for unlimited hours to support you as it will reduce pressure of working and working to pay your tuition fee.

The issue is where will you put the kids while both of you are working working ? Childcare is expensive for two kids. If one person stays with the kid while the other go to work vice versa, this will also affect you guys as you have more expenses and limited work due to family commitments.

If you can leave the kids with your parents in naija for maybe six months for you guys to settle and see the way things are, it makes sense OR you all can come and face it together.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2017
babahameedah:
Thanks umechukwu.

Please I don't understand the "applying visa together". Also I don't understand the "show double of somethings".

Then also which work is common to students and like how much can one get in a month please?

Thanks.

When you will be filling your Your Visa application you will be asked if there is any dependent.So you are a primary applicant while your wife and kids follows.Then you have to show Health Insurance cover for them all.Then you have to show that you have enough money in your account to take care of them.
Then for the work common to students.You can Google it,Casual work pays 20Aud per hour.You will work 40hours per forthnite.Then make the calculation you will know what you will earn in a month.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Slingshot: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2017
You made alot of sense
One has to be extremely patient and pray to God and have faith aslong as every document legit
Omo I waittttttttttttttt eh
But Glory to God
The wait paid out
They're lazy
And strict

HonNellymike12:

Australia that I no is a develeped country as they claim, why can't dey deploy their technological advancement to know who really the genuine ones are, they claim to have the best technology and they can't handle over 1000 people's application, to me they are so lazy, technology bridges the gap of time wasting, so they should not give us the impression they have a lot of applications to treat. This is while I love working with the Indians in terms of on time task delivery, no one is doing check and balances for this CO'S, they are cabals on their own, so that excuse of lots of applications to treat is not genuine to me. Abegii jor. If there was a check and balance, there won't be all this delay of up to 6months or more. If they really know what they are doing and they develop the necessary new technology to go about it, they will be able to deliver within the stipulated time frame. I want cogent excuses and not bleep ones. I am putting myself in their shoes because I know what it takes to treat an issue within a stipulated time. Don't let this embassy people confuse you, they are simply not doing their job well enough.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2017
babahameedah:

Please i want to know if its worth it. I am married with two kids. I intend applying for a masters in renewable energy in University of south Wales. Please if i pay the initial deposit before leaving and pay after arrival, will i be able to pay the remaining tuition after arriving Australia by working. can i bring my wife so she can work too? I want to be sure before dabbling into it.

Thanks.

Bros, yes you can travel with your wife and she gets to have unlimited work time. But I will advice you find a way of leaving your children back in naija so you go and settle down first before bringing them over, moreover, please do not make the mistake of applying for a visa for you and your wife at the same time. Apply for your student visa (after getting admission that is) and as soon as your visa is granted (by God's grace) you can start processing your wife's and kids' visa as dependants. Most times when you apply with your spouse at the same time, if would seem like you guys are eloping and with the craze buy going around those case officers in pretoria...well. Hope this helps enlighten you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2017
babahameedah:

Thanks.
your wife can work and the good thing is its not time bound so she can work for as long as she has the strength to its only you that cannot do more than 40hrs per forth night. I would advise you apply first come in then later put in application for your wife.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
Brothers I can't thank you guys enough. You rock!

Regards.

phemmy28:

Bros, yes you can travel with your wife and she gets to have unlimited work time. But I will advice you find a way of leaving your children back in naija so you go and settle down first before bringing them over, moreover, please do not make the mistake of applying for a visa for you and your wife at the same time. Apply for your student visa (after getting admission that is) and as soon as your visa is granted (by God's grace) you can start processing your wife's and kids' visa as dependants. Most times when you apply with your spouse at the same time, if would seem like you guys are eloping and with the craze buy going around those case officers in pretoria...well. Hope this helps enlighten you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thanks baba. You made my day sir.

regards.

[quite author=cassareknow post=62329997]
your wife can work and the good thing is its not time bound so she can work for as long as she has the strength to its only you that cannot do more than 40hrs per forth night. I would advise you apply first come in then later put in application for your wife.[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thanks sir.

Regards.

[

quote author=zeemo2007 post=62325304]

It is best you come with your spouse. Your spouse can work for unlimited hours to support you as it will reduce pressure of working and working to pay your tuition fee.

The issue is where will you put the kids while both of you are working working ? Childcare is expensive for two kids. If one person stays with the kid while the other go to work vice versa, this will also affect you guys as you have more expenses and limited work due to family commitments.

If you can leave the kids with your parents in naija for maybe six months for you guys to settle and see the way things are, it makes sense OR you all can come and face it together.

[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
cheekynero:

These guys at the Pretoria Embassy are really using our heads on this country. So after investing millions in their educational system and allowing the money linger there for months, they give refusals based on intuition. Like seriously? These schools send representatives over here and they hold workshops begging us to come and study there and after spending so much money and waiting for months, Someone at the embassy that doesn't like your face simply says he thinks you wouldn't be coming back after studying so he decides to give you a refusal and spoil your passport.

I feel there would have been a better way to handle this by the embassy. Maybe if they refuse you right from the school application, it will save you all the stress and money as regards writing IELTS, paying school fees and charges, paying for medicals and ultimately paying for visa application. There's no way you can recover this monies back but the most painful part is the time wasted. If they know they wouldn't accept Nigerians anymore, I think they should state it clearly from the get-go and not allowing us waste time and money..

There's no Australian consulate in this country to start with and those in government can't even compel them to come here and open one. We spend our hard earned money and still beg for visa. I can understand that some Nigerians go there and abandon the schooling but I'm quite sure we are not the only country doing that so we that are trying to get in shouldn't be suffering for the sins of a few. I just hope someone from the embassy can read this and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Nigerian working with them over there undermining our efforts because we Nigerians don't like each other

They have an office in Abuja but not for visa purposes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
pls someone should give me the link to check the Sol or whatever is called to check if my course is listed among courses that can lead to PR thanks in anticipation for your response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2017
Kingbukaz:

They have an office in Abuja but not for visa purposes.

That one is not office oo, it's for decoration purposes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
babahameedah:

Thanks.

I think its best you go on your own first and when you get there, you can apply for the rest of your family to come over. As for paying the rest of tuition after arriving, you will have to wait till you get there and see the situation of things. People with experience over there say its possible to work and pay the tuition if you are not "LAZY"
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokoto: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
This is not to discourage anybody God Almighty sees my sincere heart, since I totally withdraw my application from this Australian embassy I have totally been a happpy person, sincerely, I have been into it since March this year, they called twice for additional document ,they on there own as me to deferred admission and ask for a new COE. They bottom line is I No do again. My prayer is for those still hoping and believing God for Visa may you not wait in vain in Jesus name.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcdion: 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2017
sokoto:
This is not to discourage anybody God Almighty sees my sincere heart, since I totally withdraw my application from this Australian embassy I have totally been a happpy person, sincerely, I have been into it since March this year, they called twice for additional document ,they on there own as me to deferred admission and ask for a new COE. They bottom line is I No do again. My prayer is for those still hoping and believing God for Visa may you not wait in vain in Jesus name.
I don't understand you anymore the last time was your application has been finalised and now you have totally withdraw your application?

I was hoping to see the decision was positive or negative since your agent sent them a mail as you earlier stated. Please explain for better understanding ?

Cheers....

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2017
sokoto:

Amen bro. Since March, damn! It's disheartening. I'm on a precipice, it's not easy to hold on.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4peace4: 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
cheekynero:

I think its best you go on your own first and when you get there, you can apply for the rest of your family to come over. As for paying the rest of tuition after arriving, you will have to wait till you get there and see the situation of things. People with experience over there say its possible to work and pay the tuition if you are not "LAZY"
kudos bro this is encouraging I fall into the category of students who wanna work 2 complete tuition this really made my day
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2017
sokoto:

How do u withdraw an application that has been finalized naa, dis man, me sef no understand you ooo.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2017
Mcdion:
I don't understand you anymore the last time was your application has been finalised and now you have totally withdraw your application?

I was hoping to see the decision was positive or negative since your agent sent them a mail as you earlier stated. Please explain for better understanding ?

Cheers....

My point exactly.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfGeorge: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2017
Words of encouragement to us all!!!

Visa application date: 27th May, 2017
Medicals : 30th May,
Biometrics: 31st May,
Xray repeat: 9th June,
Xray repeat 14th June,
Additional doc: 15th June ( first degree cert, employment letter)
CO contact: 27th July (requested for extension letter/extension letter was dated 28th july)
CO contact: 31st July ( pointed out that extension letter date has passed and that course should be deferred)
Visa Grant: 14th November, 2017.

Initial start date: 17th July, 2017.
New start date after deferral: 26th February, 2018.

No statement of account was asked ( AL1 school- UTAS)
Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

11 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ebere272: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,
CO contact: 27th July (requested for extension letter/extension letter was dated 28th july)
CO contact: 31st July ( pointed out that extension letter date has passed and that course should be deferred)

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!
Congrats dear.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Abbey1987: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

congrats man.. which course did you put in for?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfGeorge: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2017
Maritime design

congrats man.. which course did you put in for?[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2017
How long did y’ll have to wait for a telex copy after your account was debited by form A ish?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

Congrats Bro...nice to know they still giving out visas

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cheekynero: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

Congrats..... I Tap into your blessing

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

I am happy for you, Prof. Pls no one should give up yet more grants ahead for the nairaland family.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:
Maritime design

congrats man.. which course did you put in for?

Congrats. Is this course related to your first degree or work experience?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!
Congrats my brother, it was really worth the wait , I pray God is merciful to all of us that are still awaiting grants, Amen.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2017
A
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

Congratulations
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

Congrats bruv
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stateboy8080(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
congrat.never knew uni Tasmania is under AL 1 uni. how much where you ask to deposit including insurance?
ProfGeorge:

Xray repeat 14th June,

Masters degree.

Shalom!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.