Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247636 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bblessed: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2018
Joyfree:
what areas can you recommend for cheap accomodation in sydney and concerning job agencies do you pay to register and for how much ?

Western Sydney is more affordable,there You See more Nigerians or rather blacks, Liverpool is also very affordable.

Concerning the agency you don't pay anything,you apply as though you are applying for jobs,and thereafter if you are successful you will be called for an interview.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
soopamom:
Please for those that used agents,is there any way to access my immi account ? My agent has stopped giving me feedback and this is a critical stage.

Simply demand for your login ID. Hope the email used is yours?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by soopamom: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2018
joephemzyz:

Simply demand for your login ID. Hope the email used is yours?

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2018
soopamom:

The agent uses one login for multiple visa applications so it doesn't quite work that way and I used the agents email but I already created my immi account and imported my application using my reference number so I am now able to track the application myself. Thanks for replying.

ooh great! cheers, and goodluck as we wait cool
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 7:19am On Jan 07, 2018
Am 28yrs old i have 10yrs educational study gap
I have been working in the construction industry for 10yrs
I want to go and study construction management in Australia b..sc 4yrs program in a tafe institution
My uncle in s.a is my sponsor although we don't v same surname
My company has agreed to assist me financially and has granted me a study leave
Please house what are my chances of getting a visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2018
uckennety:
Am 28yrs old i have 10yrs educational study gap
I have been working in the construction industry for 10yrs
I want to go and study construction management in Australia b..sc 4yrs program in a tafe institution
My uncle in s.a is my sponsor although we don't v same surname
My company has agreed to assist me financially and has granted me a study leave
Please house what are my chances of getting a visa?

What's your educational qualification prior to working in construction industry ?

The Major issue is always genuine temporary entrant and your uncle is even the one going to sponsor you and I guess you not married yet with kids.

If you have had some diploma/vocational education and training prior to construction work, it makes sense if your company says they want to sponsor you now for a degree.

If you have been working construction with just ssce for 10 years and now you want to go study bachelor at the age of 28, it is tough to get visa.

I am jusy saying it as it is.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2018
zeemo2007:

What's your educational qualification prior to working in construction industry ?

The Major issue is always genuine temporary entrant and your uncle is even the one going to sponsor you and I guess you not married yet with kids.

If you have had some diploma/vocational education and training prior to construction work, it makes sense if your company says they want to sponsor you now for a degree.

If you have been working construction with just ssce for 10 years and now you want to go study bachelor at the age of 28, it is tough to get visa.

Please sir can i send you my sop so you can go through it please

I have trade test certificate in bricklaying
You know that there is no school for all this skilled job in Nigeria
As it's looked as jobs for poor pple
This company assisting me i have worked for them almost 3yrs with a monthly pay of 70k monthly pay
I have gotten admission from Holmesglen institute of tafe
And i have never seen dipb deny visa to bsc seekers
Please can i send my sop to you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2018
zeemo2007:

I started this job by moulding blocks and doing bricklaying jobs for people !for almost 5yrs till 2013 i got a contract job with alsam i left to work with prophegos in 2015!i work passionately ,the company ceo though it will be a good idea investing in me so i can come back and work with them as a site manager

I'm attaching my fathers land properties that am custodian of as the 1st son
My uncles land document that is sponsoring me
Study leave letter
Payslip
Sop
Oshc
Uncle bank soa
Coe
Trade test certificate which i got in 2016
Waec (ssce)
Birth certificate
Employment letters of present and past places of work
Recommendation letter from present place of work
Birth certificate
H.u.e.t certificate gotten in 2015
Ielts
Affidavit of sponsorship and relationship
Biometric
Medicals
Letter from my church
Evidence of financial capacity of my uncle
CV

I hope with this document i will scale through!as construction management is not taught in Nigeria schools
2ndly someone said i should pay 2M for work visa for Australia i bounced it cuz i said it's scam he asked me if i have hrd about visa rorting in Australia said am stressing myself going to school in Australia but honestly am passionate about this course am going to study

Please i need professional advice
I need a professional sop evaluater
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2018
zeemo2007:

Are you saying that in essence that my job experience and my under work training won't be considered my DIPB ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 7footre(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2018
Good day house, please I'm about applying for masters in CQU Melbourne but can't seem to choose between contrsuction project mgt and civil Engineering. I have a 1st degree in civil engineering and will hopefully round up my masters in environmental engineering before July..

What are the prospects of both courses over there? Civil is a demanding course, and as I would be combining school with work, I don't want both to clash that's why I'm more inclined towards construction project management..

Anyone who cab she'd more light should pls do so. Thanks in anticipation and sorry for the long post
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OGKush(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
Was denied my Canadian visa application twice, but God proved to me that he still has plans for me.
My application was granted yesterday.

Application date: 15 Oct 2017
Grant date: 06 Jan 2018

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Certificates: Waec, BSc, Nysc and professional certificates
- Sponsor (Mums) statement of Acc (8.1 Million Closing Balance)
- Bankers Letter of reference
- Affidavit of Sponsorship
- Sponsors Letter of support
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Deed of agreement of landed properties
- Rental agreement forms
- Tax clearance certificate
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- Study Leave approval letter
- CV

Destination:- Perth
University:- ECU
Course:- MSc Cyber Security

For those still waiting for their grant to drop, lets put our trust in God am sure more grants will drop this month, thanks to everyone that has been contributing to this forum.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
Our God never sleeps nor slumber.
May God's name be praised.
I tap into your grace!..
Gracias!
OGKush:
Was denied my Canadian visa application twice, but God proved to me that he still has plans for me.

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Rental agreement forms
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- CV

For those still waiting for their grant to drop, lets put our trust in God am sure more grants will drop this month, thanks to everyone that has been contributing to this forum.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
uckennety:

I started this job by moulding blocks and doing bricklaying jobs for people !for almost 5yrs till 2013 i got a contract job with alsam i left to work with prophegos in 2015!i work passionately ,the company ceo though it will be a good idea investing in me so i can come back and work with them as a site manager

I'm attaching my fathers land properties that am custodian of as the 1st son
My uncles land document that is sponsoring me
Study leave letter
Payslip
Sop
Oshc
Uncle bank soa
Coe
Trade test certificate which i got in 2016
Waec (ssce)
Birth certificate
Employment letters of present and past places of work
Recommendation letter from present place of work
Birth certificate
H.u.e.t certificate gotten in 2015
Ielts
Affidavit of sponsorship and relationship
Biometric
Medicals
Letter from my church
Evidence of financial capacity of my uncle
CV

I hope with this document i will scale through!as construction management is not taught in Nigeria schools
2ndly someone said i should pay 2M for work visa for Australia i bounced it cuz i said it's scam he asked me if i have hrd about visa rorting in Australia said am stressing myself going to school in Australia but honestly am passionate about this course am going to study

Please i need professional advice
I need a professional sop evaluater

I think you have sufficient documents. Attach a letter with your uncles affadavit and his valid I.d e.g. passport. The letter should introduce him, state his work or business and also state clearly the connection as a relation, and the reasons he would be sponsoring you.
A good Sop that blends your circumstances up to why you need the degree is what u need to work on. I believe you would get a visa.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kolosukuma: 3:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
Good afternoon, i am a newbie in this room, i got admission in University of Wollongong for February Intake and the university i work will be sponsoring me, Please is it late to apply for Visa for February intake now and i also want to include my wife in my visa application, is it advisable to do that at once or i should apply alone while she apply later. your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
johnHadey:

I think you have sufficient documents. Attach a letter with your uncles affadavit and his valid I.d e.g. passport. The letter should introduce him, state his work or business and also state clearly the connection as a relation, and the reasons he would be sponsoring you.
A good Sop that blends your circumstances up to why you need the degree is what u need to work on. I believe you would get a visa.

Can i send you my sop please

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2018
Student visa updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. From 1 February 2018:
The cost of annual living amounts will increase inline with Australia’s consumer price index. From this date, every application where evidence of funds is required should include the updated cost of living amounts in their calculation of funds:

Student or guardian: AUD$20,290
Partner or spouse: AUD$7,100
Child: AUD$3,040

So, applicants applying for a student visa from 1/02/2018 must ensure that they provide sufficient fund as per the new changes mentioned above.

B. Attach documents upfront:

The Department can make a decision on a student visa application with the information provided, there is no requirement
to request more information. Student visa applicants subject to regular evidentiary requirements must attach evidence of
financial capacity, including evidence of genuine access to those funds. Evidence of English proficiency or being exempt
must also be attached. Failure to provide these documents may lead to a visa refusal.

Applicants should ensure ‘Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statements’ provide sufficient information and supporting
documentation is attached to the application. The applicant should explain any gaps in study or employment and, where
relevant, address the reasons the student is studying in a field unrelated to their previous study or employment. The
applicant must explain how completing the study will help them fulfil their future plans. The statement must reflect the
student’s circumstances, generic statements will not be weighed heavily in the GTE assessment.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by echigor: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2018
Congrats to everyone that have been granted.I tap into your grace.
Application submitted 6th November 2017.
Biometrics and medicals on 10th November 2017.
Resumption date 5th Feb 2018
Still waiting..
Good luck guys.
May God help us all
AMEN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by GraceofGodfollo: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
echigor:
Congrats to everyone that have been granted.I tap into your grace.
Application submitted 6th November 2017.
Biometrics and medicals on 10th November 2017.
Resumption date 5th Feb 2018
Still waiting..
Good luck guys.
May God help us all
AMEN.

Did u pay school fees in advance??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yusfaith78(m): 7:09pm On Jan 07, 2018
OGKush:

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Rental agreement forms
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- CV

Whose tax clearance certificate did you include? Your or your sponsor’s?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
OGKush:

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Rental agreement forms
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- CV

congrts bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
umechukwu4:

congrts bro
Congrats OGKush, I am happy for you, I tap into this testimony
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
kolosukuma:
Good afternoon, i am a newbie in this room, i got admission in University of Wollongong for February Intake and the university i work will be sponsoring me, Please is it late to apply for Visa for February intake now and i also want to include my wife in my visa application, is it advisable to do that at once or i should apply alone while she apply later. your advice will be highly appreciated.
Congrats on your admission, I assume it is 26thFebruaryl 2018 precisely. based on calculations, it is late, but apply straight away because processing times keep increasing very now and then. Recently, letting your wife stay in Naij has become evidence of GTE, some people ha wished they were married at the time of visa applicatiln so they could score that GTE points. Apply alone, if youc have kids, better. They can both join you later. However, make s,ure your application is decision ready before applying and anticipate supplying updated CoE for a later start date.
Hope this helps
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nappyboi001: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2018
Hello gurus in the house. Got an admission at University of sunshine coast, need help with documents to be submitted as my sponsor is a close family friend.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OGKush(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
yusfaith78:

Whose tax clearance certificate did you include? Your or your sponsor’s?

Sponsors tax clearance certificate

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OGKush(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2018
umechukwu4:

congrts bro

Thank bro!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OGKush(m): 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2018
fobak203:

Congrats OGKush, I am happy for you, I tap into this testimony

Thanks bro!! Your's is next
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 12:00am On Jan 08, 2018
OGKush:

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Rental agreement forms
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- CV

For those still waiting for their grant to drop, lets put our trust in God am sure more grants will drop this month, thanks to everyone that has
been contributing to this forum.

congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 12:01am On Jan 08, 2018
OGKush:

Documents Submitted:
- Transcript
- Marriage Certificate
- My Birth Certificate
- Rental agreement forms
- IELTS Result
- OSHC
- SOP
- Payslips
- Employment letter
- CV

For those still waiting for their grant to drop, lets put our trust in God am sure more grants will drop this month, thanks to everyone that has
been contributing to this forum.

congratulations bro cool grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ham334488: 1:16am On Jan 08, 2018
Solitin40:
Student visa updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A. From 1 February 2018:
The cost of annual living amounts will increase inline with Australia’s consumer price index. From this date, every application where evidence of funds is required should include the updated cost of living amounts in their calculation of funds:

Student or guardian: AUD$20,290
Partner or spouse: AUD$7,100
Child: AUD$3,040

So, applicants applying for a student visa from 1/02/2018 must ensure that they provide sufficient fund as per the new changes mentioned above.

B. Attach documents upfront:

The Department can make a decision on a student visa application with the information provided, there is no requirement
to request more information. Student visa applicants subject to regular evidentiary requirements must attach evidence of
financial capacity, including evidence of genuine access to those funds. Evidence of English proficiency or being exempt
must also be attached. Failure to provide these documents may lead to a visa refusal.

Applicants should ensure ‘Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statements’ provide sufficient information and supporting
documentation is attached to the application. The applicant should explain any gaps in study or employment and, where
relevant, address the reasons the student is studying in a field unrelated to their previous study or employment. The
applicant must explain how completing the study will help them fulfil their future plans. The statement must reflect the
student’s circumstances, generic statements will not be weighed heavily in the GTE assessment.

Thanks for the update but can you please provide us the reference link as well
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kolosukuma: 1:22am On Jan 08, 2018
fobak203:

Congrats on your admission, I assume it is 26thFebruaryl 2018 precisely. based on calculations, it is late, but apply straight away because processing times keep increasing very now and then. Recently, letting your wife stay in Naij has become evidence of GTE, some people ha wished they were married at the time of visa applicatiln so they could score that GTE points. Apply alone, if youc have kids, better. They can both join you later. However, make s,ure your application is decision ready before applying and anticipate supplying updated CoE for a later start date.
Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply, but what do you mean by "application is decision ready before applying".
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 2:21am On Jan 08, 2018
[quote author=joephemzyz post=63990192]

congratulations!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.