Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1247126 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2018
peteredo:
Please how much is the naira equivalent for visa fee
bro have u applied for visa yet? Can I pm u?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2018
Visa application process plus medicals and biometrics was on 18th September 2017
Resumption date was November 2017
Called immi on 30th September and was told to defer admission
Deferred till February 2018
Updated new coe on 15th December 2017
Called immi on 4th January 2018 and was told a decision will be made the following week
Got my visa grant on 15th January 2018.
All thanks to God almighty for not waiting in vain.

9 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2018
Congrats dear. Please can you share the number you called.
They don't pick the number i call even after waiting for over 20mins on the phone. Thank you
Teegal42:
Visa application process plus medicals and biometrics was on 18th September 2017
Called immi on 4th January 2018 and was told a decision will be made the following week
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by livinglegeng(m): 9:38pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good evening house, please how important is it to have an English language proficiency test for student visa to Australia.
I have submitted my application since Dec 22nd, with 6.5 band score of IELTS general, can I my grant with that or do I have to write an academic test?

My program start date is 26th of Feb..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ireayomide2015: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
Please how did you go about the PhD stuff. Did you get supervisor firs? Please could you give me a break down. Then how many years was granted for a PhD, and please plus the cost. Thanks.
Titiogunwa:
I've been a silent follower of this thread but had to share.
1 Canadian student visa application refusal and 1 UK visa refusal after, visa is out.

Timeline:

Medicals: 6th Nov, 2017.
Visa application: 11th Nov, 2017.
Biometrics: 13th Nov, 2017.

Documents submitted
Employment letters
CV
Letter of reference
WAEC certificate
AS level cretificate
Bachelor's degree certificate and transcript
PTE Result
COE
SOP
Passport Data Page and travel history
Yellow Card and PVC
UK and Canada Visa refusal letters
Scholarship Award letter

Admission for PHD Mechanical Engineering- University of South Australia
School Resumption-Feb 2018

No CO contact

I wish everyone waiting on their grants the very best.
Grant fall on you soon.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by umechukwu4: 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2018
Teegal42:
congrts
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
IamphilVitalis:
@maduikeo please is tafe truly the school you applied to as I would like to ask you some questions
Yes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Titiogunwa(f): 2:17am On Jan 16, 2018
ireayomide2015:
Please how did you go about the PhD stuff. Did you get supervisor firs? Please could you give me a break down. Then how many years was granted for a PhD, and please plus the cost. Thanks.

Yes, I got a supervisor (we've been working together for a while) first before applying and applied for the RTP scholarship (for tuition and stipend)online through the school website. The PHD program is for 3-4 years. It costs about $34,200 AUD per annum.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2018
I thank God for my grant, it came in yesterday

Timeline:

Medicals: Nov 1, 2017.
Visa application: Nov 2, 2017.
Biometrics: Nov 2, 2017.
Visa Grant Date: 15th Jan 2018.
School Resumption: March 2018.

Documents submitted
Nigerian School Certificates ( WAEC, Bsc Degree cert., transcripts)
NPC Birth certificate.
Sponsor's payslip
Letter from sponsorship from my sponsor.
COE
SOP
CV
Passport Data Page
OPV
Introduction Letter from Employer
Letter of Employment.
Professional Certificates

I'm heading to Deakin university

I want to thank Albion05 and Solitin40 for their invaluable contributions and in depth analysis for any info needed. You guys re the bomb cheesy

10 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by livinglegeng(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2018
Good morning house, please I need urgent advice. How important is it to have an English language proficiency test for student visa to Australia.
I have submitted my application since Dec 22nd, with 6.5 band score of IELTS general, can i my visa grant with that or do I have to write an academic test?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2018
livinglegeng:
Good morning house, please I need urgent advice. How important is it to have an English language proficiency test for student visa to Australia.
I have submitted my application since Dec 22nd, with 6.5 band score of IELTS general, can i my visa grant with that or do I have to write an academic test?

I think Academic is best accepted for students while General is for people going with work visas. I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2018
livinglegeng:

Bro, you gotta take the Ielts academic test.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 9:50am On Jan 16, 2018
matogbe:

Timeline:

Documents submitted
NPC Birth certificate.
Sponsor's payslip
COE
SOP
CV
Passport Data Page
OPV
Letter of Employment.

I want to thank Albion05 and Solitin40 for their invaluable contributions and in depth analysis for any info needed. You guys re the bomb cheesy

Congratulations mate!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abiodun56: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2018
Teegal42:

Big congrats,
Pls can u share with us d number you called.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2018
matogbe:

Congratulations Oya go and make us proud
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:24am On Jan 16, 2018
olamitunposi:

I think Academic is best accepted for students while General is for people going with work visas. I stand to be corrected though.
100% Right

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:29am On Jan 16, 2018
Am so happy seeing your Grant this morning!.
It has also rekindle our hope and faith in God that our own Grant will fall on us in the shortest possible time.
Congratulations to you @ Matogbe.
Appreciating each and every one of us in our various ways in contributing to the success of this thread!..
Kudos!....

matogbe:

Timeline:

Documents submitted
NPC Birth certificate.
Sponsor's payslip
COE
SOP
CV
Passport Data Page
OPV
Letter of Employment.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:31am On Jan 16, 2018
livinglegeng:

The English Proficiency test is one of the important documents to be submitted To know the requirements of the embassy this is the website to verify

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/500-#
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2018
Albion05:
Am so happy seeing your Grant this morning!.
It has also rekindle our hope and faith in God that our own Grant will fall on us in the shortest possible time.
Congratulations to you @ Matogbe.
Appreciating each and every one of us in our various ways in contributing to the success of this thread!..
Kudos!....

Is your grant out ? If No when did you apply?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2018
@ Solitin40, you are next in line.
Congratulations to you in advance.
I appreciate your contributions!...
Smile will never seize from your household!...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:39am On Jan 16, 2018
@ Solitin40, i did my medicals on the 20/11/2017.
Biometric was on 22/11/2017 and Visa Submission on the same date as well.
What about you Sir?.
Solitin40:

Is your grant out ? If No when did you apply?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Albion05:
@ Solitin40, i did my medicals on the 20/11/2017.
Biometric was on 22/11/2017 and Visa Submission on the same date as well.
What about you Sir?.
Biometric,Medicals and visa submission on 6 November 2017

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:59am On Jan 16, 2018
Albion05:
@ Solitin40, you are next in line.
Congratulations to you in advance.
I appreciate your contributions!...
Smile will never seize from your household!...
Amen!!! Wish you the same

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2018
November people, we plenty here! We all gonna get grants soonest cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pretty2017: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
joephemzyz:
November people, we plenty here! We all gonna get grants soonest cool

Hi Guys,

I am new here, can anyone let me know how long it took to get admission please?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pretty2017:

Hi Guys,

Getting admission from universities isn't actually a tough nut, mine took about 4weeks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2018
Wetin for my visa grant to this month ijn to join you in Deakin university. Congrat

matogbe:

Timeline:

Documents submitted
NPC Birth certificate.
Sponsor's payslip
COE
SOP
CV
Passport Data Page
OPV
Letter of Employment.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2018
Congrats.Did u submitt sponsors soa as well?
matogbe:

Timeline:

Documents submitted
NPC Birth certificate.
Sponsor's payslip
COE
SOP
CV
Passport Data Page
OPV
Letter of Employment.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pretty2017:

Hi Guys,

It takes up to 3-4 weeks, it depends on the school also

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2018
Teegal42:

Please can you provide the no. You called.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 3:39pm On Jan 16, 2018
chimax1:
Congrats.Did u submitt sponsors soa as well?
I didn't submit any soa and no contact from DIBP

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.