Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251726 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by noscarn91(m): 8:57am On Jan 18, 2018
Churkie:

Baba when are you looking at leaving so we can travel together. I'm considering traveling on 31st January or 1st Feb. Abeg make we plan am so boredom won't kill me.
i want to collect my january salary and half of my February salary before i leave , that money is relevant my bro, am looking at mid February because my program starts on march 5th.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
Reduced!..
Is under Higher Education Sector.
Number of days to process 90% of applications under Postgraduate Research Sector increased from 86days to 88days while time to process 75% of applications decreased from 63days to 51 days
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2018
Noted bro!..
what the Moniker asked was for post graduate Course work and not Research work.
So I only commented on the Course work the moniker asked and the processing time actually reduced from 57-77 days to 21- 45 days which was updated on 18/01/2018.
You are absolutely right for the Post graduate research work processing time.
Gracias!.....
Let Visa Grant fall on us.

DidoKev:

Number of days to process 90% of applications under Postgraduate Research Sector increased from 86days to 88days while time to process 75% of applications decreased from 63days to 51 days

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2018
DidoKev:

Bro, you don't get the drift, masters by coursework is under higher education sector, not Post-graduate research sector. grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2018
Hello house, now that the processing time has changed, do you think I should contact DIPB ? My application is 63days already. School resumed this past Monday. Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
Noted bro!..
what the Moniker asked was for post graduate Course work and not Research work.
So I only commented on the Course work the moniker asked and the processing time actually reduced from 57-77 days to 21- 45 days which was updated on 18/01/2018.
You are absolutely right for the Post graduate research work processing time.
Gracias!.....
Let Visa Grant fall on us.

Amen bro. It will fall on us soon.
Thanks for clarification. I am aware of her/his question, just trying to lend voice to you and other people's contribution on reduction in global processing time on 500 visas

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2018
Since your school resumed last Monday.
You can contact them with this processing time update.

Mine has passed the 45 days as regards to the new processing time updated but I got to wait a little before contacting them since my school will resume in February.
Also ask your school if an extension for resumption can be extended to you.
olamitunposi:
Hello house, now that the processing time has changed, do you think I should contact DIPB ? My application is 63days already. School resumed this past Monday. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emirkingin: 10:04am On Jan 18, 2018
olamitunposi:

Yes I think you should contact them, since your school has resumed. The best

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by capsule(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2018
guys please, my intended course of study is Animal Science M. Sc, university of Sydney is 1.5 years, Bt I'm really keen on the post work study stuff as well. I can't just burn that kind of cash in tuition only to arrive MMA with nothing. please what is the possible legal route to extend the duration so I can at least study for 2 years.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 10:49am On Jan 18, 2018
If you have not picked the 1.5 years Masters program yet.
Just look for another MSC that has 2 years duration program.
Or look for courses in your field of discipline and when packed, it can give you 2 years duration of study. i.e package course!..
Or when you are done with the 1.5 years Masters program if you have already picked, apply for an extension of visa with new program to enroll your self in it. Reason: to remain in status and clock 2 years study duration to earn your self 2 years PGWP for Masters Course work and 3 years for Masters research.
But enrolling your self in a new program will cost you money and is capital intensive!..
Gurus!!!!! Your attention needed!..
capsule:
guys please, my intended course of study is Animal Science M. Sc, university of Sydney is 1.5 years, Bt I'm really keen on the post work study stuff as well. I can't just burn that kind of cash in tuition only to arrive MMA with nothing. please what is the possible legal route to extend the duration so I can at least study for 2 years.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 11:09am On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:

Mine has passed the 45 days as regards to the new processing time updated but I got to wait a little before contacting them since my school will resume in February.

Alright thanks, school gave 4 days extension so I have opt to differed till May. I’m awaiting new COE. I’d wait for the new COE then before contacting DIBP. Thanks bro. All the best to us

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:30am On Jan 18, 2018
Alright!..
Nice decision you took bro!...
The most important thing is for them to approve your visa for you.
May is not far fetch again.
You can travel in first week of April for your resumption in may.
I know is not easy waiting but try and be calm my dear.
The end justify the means!.. " J. S. Mills".

olamitunposi:

Alright thanks, school gave 4 days extension so I have opt to differed till May. I’m awaiting new COE. I’d wait for the new COE then before contacting DIBP. Thanks bro. All the best to us

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogheneese07: 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2018
I'm considering studying at Melbourne institute of technology. A packaged course in Networking systems , for 2 years. I have a Bsc in computer science. I'll like to know the pros and cons of studying there in relation to getting visa ? How long does their admission process take ? I wouldn't want to make a wrong decision. Any info about the school will be appreciated.

Thanks grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2018
Pros and cons....... this your question. If you have gone through the thread. Virtually all these questions have been answered by different people.
To add to it......... Melbourne is very good.
Get your documents ready!.. to help speed your admission process.
Admission can come in 1 week, 2 weeks or month depending on how fast you meet with the school reqiurements including their GTE.
Log on to the school website and get their email.
Email them and also get their approved education representative !...
This program, is it a Masters program or Bachelor degree program. ?
ogheneese07:
I'm considering studying at Melbourne institute of technology. A packaged course in Networking systems , for 2 years. I have a Bsc in computer science. I'll like to know the pros and cons of studying there in relation to getting visa ? How long does their admission process take ? I wouldn't want to make a wrong decision. Any info about the school will be appreciated.

Thanks grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
Pros and cons....... this your question. If you have gone through the thread. Virtually all these questions have been answered by different people.
Admission can come in 1 week, 2 weeks or month depending on how fast you meet with the school reqiurements including their GTE.

Diploma
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2018
My dear you have to visit your school website again and read about your course .
Digest the information you get and form an opinion, then ask questions were things are not clear to you.
For this your course....... there is Bechelor which is 3 years, Graduate diploma which is 1 year and on completion of this graduate diploma you will move in to second year class of the Masters of Networking.... there by jumping the first year of the MSC. I think this is were your packaged course falls in.
They also have the Masters program which is 2 years.
Try and read the small icons with sub heading...Strucures, Outcomes, career, accreditation, entry requirements, etc... they are all for your own consumption. But my mind struck mainly on the accreditation by the professional body (Australian computer society ) . ACS. They have appplied for re- accreditation by this professional body since 2017 which up till now they have not gotten it after the expiration of the one they applied for 2013- 2016.
Please: N/B this does not mean that the course is not registered. It is registered. Am only talking about the professional body. ACP. The course has CRICOS number which signifies that it is registered.
Am only making common sense.
If it appeals to you fine but if it does not fine as well.

ogheneese07:

Thanks grin

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
The last pic to support my claim!.
The engineering students or scholars will enlighten you more about ACS whether is something one can overlook and go ahead to apply since the course is registered and there are also graduates from this course that have testify as well on the course page.
The school is a nice school.
Situated in a good city as well.
Getting your documents and requirements ready is also vital.
Good SOP, Bank Statement and other personal documents you possess.

ogheneese07:

Thanks grin

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogheneese07: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:

Thanks you so much for getting back at me @Albion05 it is a post graduate diploma program which after completion I intend on proceeding to masters. I have taken in consideration everything you mentioned. I sent the school a mail and they replied saying int'l students are to apply using an authorised MIT representative in their country and if there are No MIT representative in your country, ur application will not be able to be processed. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not amongst their list of countries with MIT representative. I'll really like to know if there are any Nigerians schooling there and how they went about it ? Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
Happy with the update on reductions, but I believe, the processing times of your application as at the time of application still stands, regardless of the update received. The reduction/increase in processing times as published applied to persons that applies as from 18th January 2018. For instance, if the processing time was 63-86 days as at 15th December 2017, even if the processing time has now reduced, you would have to stick to your own processing time at the time you applied. This is my understanding. I am not trying to discourage anyone from making contact. Just trying to establish what I think the dynamics looks like. I be JJC and I stand to be corrected.
Albion05:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
fobak203:
Happy with the update on reductions, but I believe, the processing times of your application as at the time of application still stands, regardless of the update received. The reduction/increase in processing times as published applied to persons that applies as from 18th January 2018. For instance, if the processing time was 63-86 days as at 15th December 2017, even if the processing time has now reduced, you would have to stick to your own processing time at the time you applied. This is my understanding. I am not trying to discourage anyone from making contact. Just trying to establish what I think the dynamics looks like. I be JJC and I stand to be corrected.

bro, i applied in november, but the new processing time has been updated on my immi accout. how about that?
Its also stated there that the estimates may change during processing.
grin grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ok. I don't know anyone schooling in that particular school.
May be the house can assist you if they know anyone schooling there.

ogheneese07:

Thanks you so much for getting back at me @Albion05 it is a post graduate diploma program which after completion I intend on proceeding to masters. I have taken in consideration everything you mentioned. I sent the school a mail and they replied saying int'l students are to apply using an authorised MIT representative in their country and if there are No MIT representative in your country, ur application will not be able to be processed. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not amongst their list of countries with MIT representative. I'll really like to know if there are any Nigerians schooling there and how they went about it ? Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2018
Noted!...
but what you just said does not stand.
Anytime processing time is been updated it reflects all on the application.
For example... if I applied on the 23/11/2017 and as at that time the processing time was 45-57 days and it was updated on the 20/12/2917 to 57- 77 days. From this indication I can't contact them because am still withing the processing time. The period am suppose to contact them if the update that was done on 20/12/2017 stands till feb, 7 2017. I will contact them from 8th feb, 2018. If you calculate it that gives you exactly 77 days.
But an update was done today been the 18th of January, 2018 to 21-45 days for higher education sector to be specific. So calculate from 23/11/2017 when you submitted your application with the new update. I have simply surpass my processing time based on the 21- 45 days. So am eligible to write or email them because my processing time have surpass.

fobak203:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
November people should get ready!...
is all happening now!...
I was contacted this afternoon to provide my refusal letter for Canadian study permit and my sponsors statement of account!....
God will see us through!.
I must testify in this house.
I was given 7 days to do that.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by olamitunposi: 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
is all happening now!...
I was contacted this afternoon to provide my refusal letter for Canadian study permit and my sponsors statement of account!....

I was contacted with samething on the 4th of Jan but SOA wasn’t requested. Let’s be hopeful�

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 3:52pm On Jan 18, 2018
When will it reach December people ooo. Gosh the wait is long. God see us through. Amen.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 3:53pm On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
is all happening now!...

Pls are you calculating with the new standard or the old one so I just know.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ok.
Grace and unmerited Favour will speak for us all!..
Amen.
olamitunposi:

I was contacted with samething on the 4th of Jan but SOA wasn’t requested. Let’s be hopeful�
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 3:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
I calculated with the new processing time.
Use my analysis and apply it to your own date of submission.
liliberth:

Pls are you calculating with the new standard or the old one so I just know.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teegal42(f): 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2018
emirkingin:

It takes up to 3-4 weeks, it depends on the school also
Mine was just a couple of days going through their agent though. Mrs vivian pfl ikeja
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liliberth: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2018
Albion05:
I calculated with the new processing time.
Use my analysis and apply it to your own date of submission.

Ohk I have passed 21 days will wait till the 45th day then. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2018
E ma bi nu, those of you that traveled with food stuffs from Nigeria, please share your experience at POE and how you packaged your kaya. I'm considering it oh, E joor

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.