Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1254078 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obalumhenry: 9:35pm On May 30, 2017
April 26 lodge visa and biometric
April 27 medical
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:36pm On May 30, 2017
weldonextreme:

Yeah
Ok I was told that if u are using a sponsor that is not ur relation..the person would hv to swear affidavit ..can u confirm if this true
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 9:56pm On May 30, 2017
Wow.... Thank you. You just addressed a lot of my fears.
lusen:
Before i came to Australia to commence my studies, I always ask if I will be able to pay the second year tuition through savings and intensive work as i could only afford the first year fees (no thanks to our falling naira). I always wonder why nobody gave me a straightforward answer until I came here and got to know I was only asking a jamb question. Truly, its a difficult question to answer as what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B.

Yes, you can get a Job to feed yourself and pay for accommodation. It's really gonna be hard if you wanna pay school fees yourself. Its actually very possible if you are the 'hustling' type. There are people doing it. But definately, you mustn't be lazy, unnecessarily choosy nor Lilly livered. You must be strong. Very strong.. Generally, i will say, if you can afford only one year tuition, take the risk. You never know what God will do.

Note that about 70% of jobs here will require you to have a car. Bring your driving licence and plan to buy a car as soon as you land. Bring lots of money to settle down(as much as possible).
By my observation so far, Aged care/disability jobs is the best for international students. But most times, one must be certified before he/She can be employed in an aged care facility, meaning you should also try as much as possible to start the course after settling down.

Yes. truly, one should enable to find schools around the cities where there are greater job opportunities. I av peeps in the cities that are changing jobs like diapers. work full everywhere.
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the likes.

I'm not in any of the cities I listed above. I'm in Geelong. (one hour from Melbourne). But its okay by me because apart from the low cost of living, I will grab my extra 5points when I finish my studies and start processing my PR. geelong is considered a regional area and no 5 extra points for those in big cities.

If your plan is to stay back after your studies. You must make sure you are coming to do a two-year program minimum. Also the course you are coming to study must not only be on the SOL/CSOL list, It also should be a course you think will 'stand the test of time' on the list, so you won't wake up one day and discovered your course is nowhere to be found on the list.

Australia is a very beautiful place. A multicultural society. The people are very friendly. They keep smiling at you like you just won 30billion.

hope I've not written too much epistle.. Okay let me drop my pen. cheers!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 30, 2017
How much is the cost of a 2010 Toyota corolla in Australia?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lakola: 10:00pm On May 30, 2017
obalumhenry:
April 26 lodge visa and biometric
April 27 medical
Have you been contacted by your case officer??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
bros check gumtree for the area u're headed,cars are cheaper in the Northern Territory tho
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Bro the best answer is on www.gumtree.com.au

Lots of cheap cars
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 10:17pm On May 30, 2017
Jiggsbaby:

Ok I was told that if u are using a sponsor that is not ur relation..the person would hv to swear affidavit ..can u confirm if this true

Not necessarily. But the sponsor's letter should be sufficient...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diego2015(m): 10:29pm On May 30, 2017
obalumhenry:
I am expecting my Australia visa grant this week, in Jesus name. Amen
amen.which uni in Sydney and did embassy requested for SOA?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2017
KVickky:

Flinders uni
which course?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lusen(m): 1:42am On May 31, 2017
Loverquin:

Please lusen, what if you have a spouse in Australia working full time, will that be of hlp to who is a student ns working part time?

And how soon do u tink your spouse can/should join you once you land Oz?

Yes of course. bring your spouse to join you in the hustle if you have one. The Asians are very good at this. especially Indians. kenyans, Zimbabweans etc are good at it too.

It's a very wise thing to do because your spouse can work for as many hours as possible since she is not studying. But you have a work restriction on ur visa. You can only work for 40hrs per fortnight. The earlier she joins you, the better.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lusen(m): 1:45am On May 31, 2017
Solitin40:

Kindly explain how you made the payment
Solitin. are you still in Nigeria? What's delaying? You were one time one of the ogas at the top on this thread. chat me on whatsApp.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lusen(m): 2:12am On May 31, 2017
PHUMEELAYO:
Wow.... Thank you. You just addressed a lot of my fears.
It's my pleasure.
God will grant your heart desires.

@all, If you've benefited from this thread in one way or the other. Try and ensure not to neglect this thread when you land. Many are guilty of this.
Apart from the numerous information that can be of help to you even while in OZ, You should also try your possible best to help and give back to those coming behind you in your own little way. I understand how hectic it can be here but you can always create time to share your experiences and advices so other can learn from it too. God bless you all.

Many good news to come this coming June IJN.

12 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:24am On May 31, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
the answer to this question will shock you. You may end up driving a car as expensive as your tuition for the semester or the year. , But then, I dunno whether you have "30trillion for the account o".
A car in Australia is not a luxury item, but a freaking necessity. This a.m, j left my carless Homie at home cos my work start time changed from 7 to 630. I informed prior to departure of the change and when he didn't meet up, I left. I cannot leave my own load in my hand and out his own on my head.
In a nut shell my friend, just get car wey go serve you, with 1.5k you should be all right. But for a 2010 Toyota, except you wanna run uber and stuffs
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 2:28am On May 31, 2017
tchimatic:

Thanks for the advice bro..... Wat r the chances of part time jobs for someone with electrical maintenance n wiring skills over there?
Well, in Australia, it's like you are starting your life again. I can't really say regarding that, but trust me it is not useless. It's a plus to whatever you may end up doing here.
That's why, it is ok for a young chap to be here before he carry wife and pikin join em life. . by then, your decisions must include them. But I'm the overall, the land is green!!!
So just have it in mind you are coming to start AGAIN. But the skill won't be a waste afterall

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 4:33am On May 31, 2017
Cottyekundayo:
the answer to this question will shock you. You may end up driving a car as expensive as your tuition for the semester or the year. , But then, I dunno whether you have "30trillion for the account o".
A car in Australia is not a luxury item, but a freaking necessity. This a.m, j left my carless Homie at home cos my work start time changed from 7 to 630. I informed prior to departure of the change and when he didn't meet up, I left. I cannot leave my own load in my hand and out his own on my head.
In a nut shell my friend, just get car wey go serve you, with 1.5k you should be all right. But for a 2010 Toyota, except you wanna run uber and stuffs

Well said!!! No one cares about your car model and what year in Australia o.... get a car to be on time for work is the major thing. Only Naija here that flaunt cars even when it's is purchased with loans and drinking cassava flakes at the corner of your home.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 4:35am On May 31, 2017
lusen:

It's my pleasure.
God will grant your heart desires.

@all, If you've benefited from this thread in one way or the other. Try and ensure not to neglect this thread when you land. Many are guilty of this.
Apart from the numerous information that can be of help to you even while in OZ, You should also try your possible best to help and give back to those coming behind you in your own little way. I understand how hectic it can be here but you can always create time to share your experiences and advices so other can learn from it too. God bless you all.

Many good news to come this coming June IJN.

Amen
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hardinno: 6:24am On May 31, 2017
Fishlink:

I tap with your faith man! So shall it be for u, myself and everyone awaiting grant. Amen!!! When did u lodge ur application bro?
Amen
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 8:15am On May 31, 2017
I wasnt able to get the first bank 325 confirmation yesterday. The branch I went to at ilupeju its either the guy was having mid life crisis or he just didn't want to disclose any info I just left since I wasn't ready anyways.

Please what medicals are to be done before application cos I see people do medical before visa application thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by everyevery: 9:18am On May 31, 2017
Pls house what figure is good to reflect on your soa for a masters program/college program
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:22am On May 31, 2017
lusen:

Solitin. are you still in Nigeria? What's delaying? You were one time one of the ogas at the top on this thread. chat me on whatsApp.
My oga money is the problem I can pay for my deposit now but the rest nko? The fear of taking of taken the risk is the cause I will send you message now
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:27am On May 31, 2017
everyevery:
Pls house what figure is good to reflect on your soa for a masters program/college program
Over #9m
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:28am On May 31, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Another OBO spotted

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:31am On May 31, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Are International students allowed to registered as uber driver?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 9:46am On May 31, 2017
Solitin40:

Over #9m
why do people keep saying over 9m...agent said 60grand aud and that's equivalent to 15m

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fishlink(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2017
tobe4real:
why do people keep saying over 9m...agent said 60grand aud and that's equivalent to 15m

SOA of 60,000 AUD or less. It's all grace of God bro,.. many don't even have up to 9million naira and they make way. Trust in God and do the best you can. Success is ours

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogolikpo1(f): 9:59am On May 31, 2017
tobe4real:
well I think it depends on your annual tuition added to the expected living expenses which is roughly 20000 dollars per annum

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:03am On May 31, 2017
Fishlink:

SOA of 60,000 AUD or less. It's all grace of God bro,.. many don't even have up to 9million naira and they make way. Trust in God and do the best you can. Success is ours
hmmmm ok,I thought the 15m was "all or nothing "
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obalumhenry: 10:21am On May 31, 2017
Have you check your mini account today?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 10:40am On May 31, 2017
Solitin40:

Another OBO spotted

undecided this is really not cool

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jackson2dye4: 10:56am On May 31, 2017
Hello fellow nairalanders,

Here's my timeline

Visa submitted on the 9th May
Biometrics submitted 9th May
Contacted by case officer to submit my coe and soa on 24th May
Visa grant 31st May

....thank God

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.