Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246514 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ogalanyaidi(m): 1:56am On Nov 10, 2018
Solitin40:

Yes.....this is the link to the website

https://www.austransaction.com/

Boss. I've a question. I'm in Australia but my brother who wants to join me here has issues with his sponsor at the moment, we ve an uncle willing to stand as his sponsor but we do not bear same name. My mum currently has about 6million in his account. Can u advice on a possible way to overcome this hurdle. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 6:53am On Nov 10, 2018
First to qualify for either a Temporary Graduate Visa 485 or Skilled Recognised Graduate 476 (Mainly for Engineering study) you need to have studied in Australia for 2yrs and over.
Most universities now offer 1 - 1.5yrs master programs which makes it a bit daunting to remain in Australia after studies. So you need to search out for Unis that offer 2yr program in your course of choice.

If I were you, I would pursue course related to my first degree as it makes it much either to gain admission plus secure a visa. In either ways, you still need to write a strong statement of purpose so as to convince your case officer why you are having a bit of change in career path.

Changing a course with same school shouldn't be much of a problem in your situation, since there is a bit of similarities in courses offered. And I doubt you will have to reapply for a new visa in such case but again school will have to notify immigration. Problem is when you intend to change program or school completely then you are required to make a fresh application only after 6months when you initial course has commenced.

I don't know what aspect of engineering you specialize in but am sure their are heaps of work opportunities for engineers in Australia.

You may want to have a look at this url :
https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/06/30/want-migrate-australia-2017-18-skilled-occupations-list-announced

Godspeed

LadyHeaven:
hi guys, please i would really appreciate feedback from those who know better, i intend to go for an msc degree in IT(network security) but the agent advised that i stick to my ist degree, I have 3year work experience in IT but no certifications to show, is it possible to switch courses once there? my ist degree is in engineering.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LadyHeaven(f): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2018
WestAfrican:
First to qualify for either a Temporary Graduate Visa 485 or Skilled Recognised Graduate 476 (Mainly for Engineering study) you need to have studied in Australia for 2yrs and over.
Most universities now offer 1 - 1.5yrs master programs which makes it a bit daunting to remain in Australia after studies. So you need to search out for Unis that offer 2yr program in your course of choice.

If I were you, I would pursue course related to my first degree as it makes it much either to gain admission plus secure a visa. In either ways, you still need to write a strong statement of purpose so as to convince your case officer why you are having a bit of change in career path.

Changing a course with same school shouldn't be much of a problem in your situation, since there is a bit of similarities in courses offered. And I doubt you will have to reapply for a new visa in such case but again school will have to notify immigration. Problem is when you intend to change program or school completely then you are required to make a fresh application only after 6months when you initial course has commenced.

I don't know what aspect of engineering you specialize in but am sure their are heaps of work opportunities for engineers in Australia.

You may want to have a look at this url :
https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/06/30/want-migrate-australia-2017-18-skilled-occupations-list-announced

Godspeed

Actually it's Civil engineering Sir West, please what's the scope of female Civil engineers over there? Can you advice me on schools/state better for such degrees? i was considering Deakin or Griffith

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2018
Good thing is, in Australia there is equal opportunities for all genders although their could be a bit of difference in salaries.

Here is a url search for civil engineering jobs
https://www.seek.com.au/civil-engineer-jobs . There are plenty more out there you can look up yourself.

I couldn't advise on what school to study. There are plenty of campuses out there. So depends on which campus is closer to where there are jobs opportunities thats what I do be going for.
This url will help you in search of uni, tuition fees, course duration and who to contact.
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

LadyHeaven:

Actually it's Civil engineering Sir West, please what's the scope of female Civil engineers over there? Can you advice me on schools/state better for such degrees? i was considering Deakin or Griffith
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MJ888: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2018
nogara:
Hello bro, which state area you heading to?
Queensland, Gold coast

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LadyHeaven(f): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
WestAfrican:
Good thing is, in Australia there is equal opportunities for all genders although their could be a bit of difference in salaries.

Here is a url search for civil engineering jobs
https://www.seek.com.au/civil-engineer-jobs . There are plenty more out there you can look up yourself.

I couldn't advise on what school to study. There are plenty of campuses out there. So depends on which campus is closer to where there are jobs opportunities thats what I do be going for.
This url will help you in search of uni, tuition fees, course duration and who to contact.
http://cricos.education.gov.au/

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LadyHeaven(f): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2018
MJ888:

Queensland, Gold coast

Griffith?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folashade3272(f): 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
I apply for dependant visa going to two months no contact no grant
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bestcutie: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pls am a nurse in Nigeria, I did AHPRA registration last year n got approval to come n do bridging course, which d visa was not granted n d approval will expire next yr January. I applied for MSN now in western Sydney uni but d orientaion ll resume Feb 22nd 2019 by then my approval must ve expired. Pls is there any possibility of Ahpra extending d approval for d bridgung course hoping I ll get dis visa I applied n also do d bridging course wen I arrive. Pls an experienced nurse shud advice me on what to do. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Pls house, I want to know d requirements in pushing master's degree in medical laboratory science with scholarship or waiver. I'll appreciate d reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
Has anyone of applied for this Australian Government Award Scholarship for Masters?. Or Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

Urgent reponse pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
My Timeline Visa application submitted May 22 Medical Screening May 29 Called for repeat Xray May 30 Called for sputum collection June 2 ( due to a shadow seen on my lungs) First CO contact July 7 for Reference letter from workplace Sputum result out same negative Second CO contact Sept 19 for a new Ecoe Visa grant Nov 9 for me and my child. Documents submitted SOP SOA Ecoe PTE result Reference letter from workplace Credentials and Certificates
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
Years ago I got scholarship for Erasmus Mumdus to study Masters 3DMT in France and Norway.

Visa was refused by French Embassy cos they wanted me to go back home from SG to apply for the visa. I just let it slide.

Its a good scholarship but you need to wait for a year or so before you apply for stipend of Euro 2000 a month.

Erasmus Mundus Master CIMET
"Color in Informatics and MEdia Technology"
Coordinating Institution - University Jean Monnet
http://www.master-erasmusmundus-color.eu/
master.cimet@univ-st-etienne.fr

Master Franco-Norwegian 3DMT - 3D Multimedia Technology
http://www.master-3dmt.eu

vikmeek:
Has anyone of applied for this Australian Government Award Scholarship for Masters?. Or Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

Urgent reponse pls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folashade3272(f): 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2018
I saw ur message request, I don't get how it works but u can email me on sokanakanbi@gmail.com.
nogara:
Do they pay your salary into your account? If yes, then print out like two months statement and underline the salary credits. Also include your work ID, letter of employment, reference letter from your HR. This is enough to validate your employment. Also ensure you do the needful on like LinkedIn.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2018
WestAfrican:
Years ago I got scholarship for Erasmus Mumdus to study Masters 3DMT in France and Norway.

Visa was refused by French Embassy cos they wanted me to go back home from SG to apply for the visa. I just let it slide.

Its a good scholarship but you need to wait for a year or so before you apply for stipend of Euro 2000 a month.

Thank u very much. Pls can u share link i can use to apply

I hope they sponsor to Australia and is theer any bond attched to it? like returning to ur home country upon completion of study?

I await ur reply

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
WestAfrican:

I hope they sponsor to Australia and is theer any bond attched to it? like returning to ur home country upon completion of study?

I await ur reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 4:02am On Nov 12, 2018
Here is a link for you:
https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/library/scholarships-catalogue_en

Erasmus mundus is only for European countries and Australia been part of Oceania is not inclusive. I am sure if one could still do their 6months thesis in any country of their choice as I was eying Canada at that time. You just need to double check.

like returning to ur home country upon completion of study?
No, rather rutruning to my home country to apply for the visa

vikmeek:

I hope they sponsor to Australia and is theer any bond attched to it?
I await ur reply
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MJ888: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2018
LadyHeaven:

Griffith?
Yeap
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 7:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Please I need clarification on this. I applied for a refund from my university after visa refusal but to my surprise I got below what I paid. I paid 17201usd n refund me 15000usd, thought suppose to be a full refund. Deakin uni
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2018
Good morning everyone. Please who has lived or currently living in Newcastle?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 9:26am On Nov 12, 2018
jolanrewaju:
Please I need clarification on this. I applied for a refund from my university after visa refusal but to my surprise I got below what I paid. I paid 17201usd n refund me 15000usd, thought suppose to be a full refund. Deakin uni

No. Administrative fee will be charged.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jolanrewaju: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2018
bornlegend:

how much is the administrative fee or are you trying to say administrative fees can be up to 3000aud
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
jolanrewaju:
how much is the administrative fee or are you trying to say administrative fees can be up to 3000aud

Check the offer letter that was sent to you earlier where the fees were stated, you will see the fee there. If it does not correlate, simply take it up with the school by sending an email. It is also pertinent that you check all the conditions for a full and partial refund in the offer letter as well.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iriferi(m): 12:59am On Nov 13, 2018
It's not admin fee. At the time you made the payment, the exchange rate was usd 17...

At the time they performed the refund the Aud was doing fine, so it dropped to usd 15....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:00am On Nov 13, 2018
jolanrewaju:
Go look for your uni refund policy. I remember UOW has a policy that's sees refund less than a 1000 AUD.
But then, exchange rate issues may come along with this.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2018
bornlegend:

Even admin fee no suppose reach bout $2k na. Werin dem de administer?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kayodeO1: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2018
folashade3272:
I apply for dependant visa going to two months no contact no grant

Exercise some patience. It takes 4 to 5 months before it is processed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
vikmeek:

I await ur reply

For australia, this is about the only general scholarship category they offer for Nigeria and certain africa countries. It is highly selective and you are bounded to go back to your home country for at least some certain number of years immediately after study.

https://www.australiaawardsafrica.org
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by LadyHeaven(f): 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
MJ888:

Yeap
grin

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by johnHadey: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ogalanyaidi:

Boss. I've a question. I'm in Australia but my brother who wants to join me here has issues with his sponsor at the moment, we ve an uncle willing to stand as his sponsor but we do not bear same name. My mum currently has about 6million in his account. Can u advice on a possible way to overcome this hurdle. Thanks

There is no much concern with different names if he is genuinely your uncle and sponsor.
Accompany the statement of account with relevant I.d, e.g passport, a duly signed letter with his contact details, stating the exact nature of relationship with you and why he his willing or going to be your sponsor.
This with relevant docs like his payslips, employment letter or business reg., and any other assets he owns should fly.

If your uncles account balance is hefty, cool. If not add the 6m from your mum as part of financial proof.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.