Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255563 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Danie08: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
Moshabiola:

thanks for the reply sir, about the ELICOS how much do you think it usually cost? and do you know any AL1 schools that offer that?

Try and do some research yourself
Just with Google alone am able to come up with this

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Beeleojo: 2:25am On Aug 24, 2019
WestAfrican:

Sorry. Wanted writing apartment

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 10:50am On Aug 24, 2019
Moshabiola:

thanks for the reply sir, about the ELICOS how much do you think it usually cost?
https://www.newcastle.edu.au/international/study-with-us/english-language-and-ielts/elicos/course-dates-and-fees

Fees
YEAR 1 WEEK 10 WEEKS 20 WEEKS 30 WEEKS 40 WEEKS 50 WEEKS
2019 $440 $4,400 $8,800 $13,200 $17,600 $22,000

and do you know any AL1 schools that offer that?

There are lots of AL1 Unis that offer Elicos. Make a choice of where you want to study, contact the Uni to find out the requirements for ELICOS.
Below is a link for Newcastle Uni.
https://www.newcastle.edu.au/international/study-with-us/english-language-and-ielts/elicos

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 10:55am On Aug 24, 2019
Glowing1:
Please Ielts and Pte English exam which should I opt for? abeg o. Guide me through. I'm new to australia hustle all d way from German student visa NL

Majority of the people I have spoken to believe PTE is lot easier than IELTS. I have never written any of those English test and as a result I cannot advice you.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
Paulson91:
A call for help!
Can one be denied Visa if the person didn't go for biometrics? I applied for a conference visa through an Agent to Asia last year but didn't go for any biometrics, and didn't get the grant as well. I'm scared if really the agent applied for the visa and I was denied as I'm about applying for my Visa to Aussie.

Does the country requires your passport to process a visa like UK, if they do, your passport must have been stamped. If not there should be an email. If not as well, use your discretion.

My friend was in a similar dilemma. He had only being defrauded by the agent and did not apply let alone refused a visa. He used his discretion, and hence did not declare it. Because declaring what you did not even apply for na another talk.

But be sure the country requires Biometrics. I don't want you to make your decision solely based on no biometrics.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jukeblam(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
Cottyekundayo:
Hi fellaz,
Is there anyone studying at James Cook University Townsville QLD

I've got a friend there- in case you're still seeking anyone there, let me know .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Paulson91: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks so very much! I appreciate
akinke:

Does the country requires your passport to process a visa like UK, if they do, your passport must have been stamped. If not there should be an email. If not as well, use your discretion.

My friend was in a similar dilemma. He had only being defrauded by the agent and did not apply let alone refused a visa. He used his discretion, and hence did not declare it. Because declaring what you did not even apply for na another talk.

But be sure the country requires Biometrics. I don't want you to make your decision solely based on no biometrics.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by emenik08: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
emenik08:
Please ooo

Can one upload evidence of source fund not declared while filling the visa application forms. Things like additional support from friends and family.

Secondly, I have been wondering about this. Can a consent letter with accompanying SOA from a non relative/ family friend serve as evidence of funding especially when one is on partial scholarship?

Thanks
Help ooooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sophieora: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Goodevening all. Am new here but have goon through the thread.I have some some question and hope to get as many contributions as possible because am confused right now.

My husband is currently studying in Aussie (TAFE), am listed as a subsequent entrant in his Visa, now am scared of applying as a dependant as i heard it now takes a lot of time to be granted .Am tinking of applying for masters from nigeria here.
Is this a wise thing to do considering the fact that i have tie sin Australia (my husband)?. Does the dependant visa really take that long? What is the average time for dependant visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 3:07am On Aug 25, 2019
sophieora:
Goodevening all. Am new here but have goon through the thread.I have some some question and hope to get as many contributions as possible because am confused right now.

My husband is currently studying in Aussie (TAFE), am listed as a subsequent entrant in his Visa, now am scared of applying as a dependant as i heard it now takes a lot of time to be granted .Am tinking of applying for masters from nigeria here.
Is this a wise thing to do considering the fact that i have tie sin Australia (my husband)?. Does the dependant visa really take that long? What is the average time for dependant visa?

Whats the duration of his course?

How long much does he have to complete his study?

Has he always enrolled for studies or taken absence of leave?

Processing times are dependent on a number of different factors including:

Whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge an application

How well and how promptly you respond to requests for additional information

How long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application

How long it takes to receive additional information from areas outside the department - particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

How many places are available in the Migration Programme.

A decision to grant or refuse your visa application may be made based on the information and documentation that you provide at the time of lodgement.

Answers to those questions will determine how long it may take to process your application.

If you have all the documents / requirements for school and immigration respectively and are willing to throw away $$$ on student fees then you are good to go.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 6:44am On Aug 25, 2019
emenik08:

Help ooooo

As far as I know, no.

You must share a surname and show evidence via eg. Birth certificate, etc.
Don't complicate your application with strange statements of accounts.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 6:46am On Aug 25, 2019
This one na information on Immi website, as if South African Embassy just follow this plainly.

WestAfrican:

Whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge an application

How long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application

How long it takes to receive additional information from areas outside the department - particularly in relation to health, character and national security.

A decision to grant or refuse your visa application may be made based on the information and documentation that you provide at the time of lodgement.

Answers to those questions will determine how long it may take to process your application.

If you have all the documents / requirements for school and immigration respectively and are willing to throw away $$$ on student fees then you are good to go.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by strangest(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2019
Hello, I applied for PhD that is suppose to start January 2020.... P

Please what is the visa timeline like?

How many months does it take to get a visa notification?

For someone like me that have been to Australia before on a 5week subclass500 visa, will it increase the visa speed?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sophieora: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2019
WestAfrican:

Thanks alot
He has 2 years of study, he had already completed a 2 year program and then applyed for a differend program and was granted visa recently, so he still has up to the ending of 2021 to stay.He has not voilated any other visa conditon or school stuff except the permitted hours of work.

If i can get contributions for people that were recently granted dependant visa or people that are currently on it , i will be happy.

We dont have $$$ to spend on my tuition for masters ( thats the only level i can apply for as i have more than a BSC already) its just that we wast the fatest solution to staying apart.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
sophieora:

Thanks alot
He has 2 years of study, he had already completed a 2 year program and then applyed for a differend program and was granted visa recently, so he still has up to the ending of 2021 to stay.He has not voilated any other visa conditon or school stuff except the permitted hours of work.

If i can get contributions for people that were recently granted dependant visa or people that are currently on it , i will be happy.

We dont have $$$ to spend on my tuition for masters ( thats the only level i can apply for as i have more than a BSC already) its just that we wast the fatest solution to staying apart.
I know someone that got her dependant visa in May, she's already in Oz, he should have included you in the visa application of his second program. Your best bet is to apply for dependant and hope for the best just that the chance is 50/50 due to recent high rate of rejection, another option is to wait till the end of his program and include you in his application for 485.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Engobi(m): 11:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
I was about to ask this honestly how do they kno ?
Vincentosa:
How did they know you were denied US visa before? Do they communicate with US Embassy? Please I want to know. Thanks

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Engobi(m): 11:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
That 800k can take you to UK visiting and you will still have change
Olayinka1230:
Hello brothers, I’m new here please I have 800k Naira I’m planning to travel out of 9aija , please I need advice which country can I visit to seek asylum when I’m there I like Australia �� and UK but I’m thinking of it

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2019
Engobi:
I was about to ask this honkestly how do they kno ?

They share information. Your passport number and name just have to be entered into the system.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 2:49am On Aug 26, 2019
Engobi:

That 800k can take you to UK visiting and you will still have change

But he has to show millions in financial statement first. It's not that cheap.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 6:13am On Aug 26, 2019
Your budget should be around $140 - $160/week or more
Beeleojo:
Quick one please
Any info about shared appointment in Callaghan, Newcastle? (For August 2019 resumption)

And can one arrive in Aussie a week after the commencement of ones course. School resumes 26th August but I am working towards 30th of August to arrive. Hope dia won’t be controversy at the point of entry ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sollej: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello all. Please who need # for AU $? I need AU urgently please. Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by youngfaraday1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
Good day, please i have an enquiry to clarify, is it advisable to include an ongoing PhD programme as part of additional information when trying to secure an admission for PhD in any Australian University. note the result/certificate will not be available in another 8 months of more time.
Thanks,

[sub][/sub][color=#006600][/color]
quote author=strangest post=81586164]Hello, I applied for PhD that is suppose to start January 2020.... P

For someone like me that have been to Australia before on a 5week subclass500 visa, will it increase the visa speed?
[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Malobiokoh: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
I’m new here and I’d like to know how to go about the application for Australian student visa..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rennyvik: 12:53am On Aug 27, 2019
O ga oooo.....it seems the embassy no get our time oh. I pray that God answers our prayers and get our visas approved in Jesus name Amen
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fobak203(m): 2:45am On Aug 27, 2019
The answer is No, It already signifies that you have no genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia because you are deemed to be applying for an equivalent programme to your highest qualification. My suggestion would be to convert your finished PhD into a a research question to bolster your application or you could also publish an article or two from it. These steps can guarantee your success but not outrightly putting your PhD certificate out there. Hope this helps. Visa takes between 77days to 5months according to recent processing times. This is the best time to apply for a programme starting January 2020.it still depends on how keen your supervisor is. Yes. The speed can be increased because you have been on similar visa before.
youngfaraday1:
Good day, please i have an enquiry to clarify, is it advisable to include an ongoing PhD programme as part of additional information when trying to secure an admission for PhD in any Australian University. note the result/certificate will not be available in another 8 months of more time.
Thanks,

[sub][/sub][color=#006600][/color]
quote author=strangest post=81586164]Hello, I applied for PhD that is suppose to start January 2020.... P

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Glowing1: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2019
Hello house I had my 1st degree in accounting, which course can I divert into for my masters to easily get a PR?

Make una answer me abeg
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Thanksss: 10:57am On Aug 27, 2019
Good morning beautiful people,my application to monash university for public health, was unsuccessful,pls is there anyone in the house that can enlighten me more on dis please�� Public health is d course well related to my discipline(microbiology)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Addenn: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
In my humble opinion, the problem seems to be with your overage average grade(cgpa). I applied to the same school and same course and was given admission months back. Talk with your agent. He/she should be able to guide you more. I used a different agent to yours though. You can still wait for the elders in the house to contribute their quota
Thanksss:
Good morning beautiful people,my application to monash university for public health, was unsuccessful,pls is there anyone in the house that can enlighten me more on dis please�� Public health is d course well related to my discipline(microbiology)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Thanksss: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
@addenn, thank you for response. My CGPA is a second class upper (3.54 out of 5.0). Pls can I contact u directly maybe via email, so u could assist with more relevant information for the whole process?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Addenn: 11:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
You can send me a mail via my nairaland profile and will provide you will the limited info I have. But please note that am just an aspirant like yourself.
Thanksss:
@addenn, thank you for response. My CGPA is a second class upper (3.54 out of 5.0). Pls can I contact u directly maybe via email, so u could assist with more relevant information for the whole process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.