₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,314,866 members, 5,100,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2019 at 11:45 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (487105 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SOPWriter: 12:32am On Aug 15
Vincentosa:
I got a 25% Tuition fee scholarship to study master of professional Engineering - Cyber Security, at the university of technology Sydney. I received both the scholarship and admission offer some days ago. I have been given till November 3oth 2019 to make a deposit of $AUD 14,820 and that the 25% will be paid into my student account after census date.
My agent was very nice in the pursuit of my admission. Now, I don't know how to raise this money. Although I have access to loan from my workplace with minimum interest rate taking upfront. I also have a brother in Sydney who is willing to accommodate me for the entire study period.
Please my question is: "is it possible to work while studying to be able to pay school fees?" I learnt they only allowed master's students (coursework) 20hrs per fortnight.
What's your advice for me my friends. Please I need your candid advice on how to go. Thanks�
I'm really sorry to say this; that's the law, it will always win. I will suggest you access the loan option. Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 10:12am On Aug 15
[color=#000099][/color]
Please can you advice on how you went about the proof of fund for Visa application? I mean the demonstration of fund they usually request for? Thanks

ofemi77:
I prayed about visa grant deliveries this week with few people saying Amen.. and as hilarious as our God may be, He started the delivery with me! #Obaaseyiowu

MEDICAL: 28th May
VISA APPLICATION : 18th June
BIOMETRIC: 19th June.. (it would surprise you I did my biometric twice.... firstly on 18th June, then was called that my biometric wasn't successfully delivered, Australian government had to call VFS to call me for another one... was the only one called back for it out of the 31 people that did biometric on 18th June) .... You too see say my village people tried, but the God of Oyedepo pass them... Lol

CO contact: 31st July (requested for a new CoE)
New CoE uploaded : 2nd August
Visa Grant: 6th August

The visa dropped while I was on phone with my agent.. we were gisting , Lo and behold, he just shouted "ofemi o ti jade o" ....naso I began dance skelewu and now, I've switched to naira Marley.. Lol

For someone out there discouraged and trying to throw in the towel, let my testimony be enough to spark hope in you.. I got denied by Czech Rep in 2015 and US last August. Today marks it a year and two days those bastard at Walter Carrighton knack me "hammer" for head... but today, just see what the Lord has done.
Lemme say it again, all hopefuls will smile IJN.

Oya ni Deakin oo.. Iyalaya daddy mummy daddy won! Lol
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by deligatus(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15
Vincentosa:
Australian Universities are not necessarily concerned about GPAs inasmuch as it's not below Second class lower division (2:2). However, your choosing post graduate course should be directly related to your undergraduate subject if you want things to fly easily.
I will suggest you look out for schools in Regional areas of Aussie. They cheaper than schools in Sydney.
Make sure the course is a master degree type and it's in line with your undergraduate course. Tidy your statement of purpose well as sometimes DHA may request it.
Outside that Aussie will always give you admission because you are coming to pay double school fees as against their citizens...

I sent you pm bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ofemi77: 7:15am On Aug 16
Vincentosa:

[color=#000099][/color]
Please can you advice on how you went about the proof of fund for Visa application? I mean the demonstration of fund they usually request for? Thanks
well, my agent did that aspect. sorry about the late response

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:03am On Aug 16
Vincentosa:
I got a 25% Tuition fee scholarship to study master of professional Engineering - Cyber Security, at the university of technology Sydney. I received both the scholarship and admission offer some days ago. I have been given till November 3oth 2019 to make a deposit of $AUD 14,820 and that the 25% will be paid into my student account after census date.
My agent was very nice in the pursuit of my admission. Now, I don't know how to raise this money. Although I have access to loan from my workplace with minimum interest rate taking upfront. I also have a brother in Sydney who is willing to accommodate me for the entire study period.
Please my question is: "is it possible to work while studying to be able to pay school fees?" I learnt they only allowed master's students (coursework) 20hrs per fortnight.
What's your advice for me my friends. Please I need your candid advice on how to go. Thanks�

The immigration law stipulate you work 20hrs/Fortnight during school section and unlimited hours during your holiday. Am unsure on what visa brought your brother to Australia and how he managed to survive. Having said that, alot of students over work to cover tuition and living expenses which the immigration and school are well aware of.
It becomes a problem when you fail to enrol in a Semester/Trimester without a proper leave of absence from your Uni or you defer numerous times, immigration may want you to give them a compassionate or compelling reason(s) why your visa shouldn't be cancelled.

Ask your brother how foreign students are thriving in Sydney

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Moshabiola: 12:29pm On Aug 16
Pls house, Does anyone know any AL1 schools i can apply to for my MBA that doesn't require Test of English for the school and embassy ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 10:03pm On Aug 16
Said it's not easy but that people are surviving it. He said and I quote: "There is never a better time to do great things, nor is there anytime taking risk would be easier but it's solely on the person." He added that I know what I want them I should go for it. As for him, he's willing to render me all housing assistance for the rest of my study period till am strong enough to stand on my own he said.....

The immigration law stipulate you work 20hrs/Fortnight during school section and unlimited hours during your holiday. Am unsure on what visa brought your brother to Australia and how he managed to survive. Having said that, alot of students over work to cover tuition and living expenses which the immigration and school are well aware of.
It becomes a problem when you fail to enrol in a Semester/Trimester without a proper leave of absence from your Uni or you defer numerous times, immigration may want you to give them a compassionate or compelling reason(s) why your visa shouldn't be cancelled.

Ask your brother how foreign students are thriving in Sydney[/quote][color=#006600][/color]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 2:49am
It's definitely not easy like he stated. In lot of cases one thing has to suffer, either studies or earning money. You may also be able to marry both together if you're a better planner.

Am yet to hear a situation were immigration had to deport someone for over working their hours. Hence, I have seen where some people were stopped from entering the country after going on holidays overseas due to not enrolling for that semester and going over the required work hours.

I am very sure you will be fine in Sydney. Having a place to put your head makes it even better. Do not leave the burden of paying the house rental and other utilities on your brother thereby taking advantage of him. Support him, work with him, respect him, seek advice from him but not him alone.

Godspeed.

Vincentosa:
Said it's not easy but that people are surviving it. He said and I quote: "There is never a better time to do great things, nor is there anytime taking risk would be easier but it's solely on the person." He added that I know what I want them I should go for it. As for him, he's willing to render me all housing assistance for the rest of my study period till am strong enough to stand on my own he said.....

Ask your brother how foreign students are thriving in Sydney[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 5:56am
Thanks so much Sir West. By God's Grace, I shall do my best to make sure he doesn't regret his kindness towards me.
I will support him in any way I can - that's my desire.
Life is not bells of roses anywhere, it's struggling here and there for those of us who has to fend for themselves and tried to create a better future for our unborn children. I don't want my children to suffer what I have suffered as child, adult, student, after school and searching for jobs.
Life in this world can be tiring and difficult. Some people just have it all around them they do not have to suffer nothing.
I don't want to be disturbed. I am focused an never deterred.�

WestAfrican:
It's definitely not easy like he stated. In lot of cases one thing has to suffer, either studies or earning money. You may also be able to marry both together if you're a better planner.

Am yet to hear a situation were immigration had to deport someone for over working their hours. Hence, I have seen where some people were stopped from entering the country after going on holidays overseas due to not enrolling for that semester and going over the required work hours.

I am very sure you will be fine in Sydney. Having a place to put your head makes it even better. Do not leave the burden of paying the house rental and other utilities on your brother thereby taking advantage of him. Support him, work with him, respect him, seek advice from him but not him alone.

Godspeed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.