Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1254665 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Greatnessss(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2020
Has anybody done his/her biometrics?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ignis: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Naijabad:

Good, then he can get married before this year runs out.

A low key court marriage will do.

What if he has not found the missing rib?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrsJoycey1: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
bligs:

To be honest, this is a very hard one as most schools if not all prefer to employ their PhD students to fill this role. You may stand a chance if your PhD is from USA or Uk but naija PhD, i doubt it.
PS: I know of two Nigerians in this role, one in Queensland University of Technology and the other in Deakin University and they are both former PhD students of these schools.

Not encouraging o..

Thank you so much, naija PhD? Heard this a thousand times....

Na wa, we'll continue with the applications then....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by qixxy: 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
House I need advise before proceeding. I'm 44yrs and want to apply for my masters. Hubby and daughter will not be added until after 1 year of study.

Does Australia give student visa to people my age?
After 1 year, will my family be granted family visas.

Money will not be an obstacle. I'm just worried about age.

Thanks in advance
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tpain22: 8:18am On Nov 23, 2020
Got visa refusal 2days ago, the feeling has been crazy, I applied with my family so I knew this going forward that it could end up like this. Australia bad sha make we no lie, even where UK dey beg family to come Australia no wan use eye see Nigerians with family, they practically quoted it.

Greatnessss:
Has anybody done his/her biometrics?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Greatnessss(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
tpain22:
Got visa refusal 2days ago, the feeling has been crazy, I applied with my family so I knew this going forward that it could end up like this. Australia bad sha make we no lie, even where UK dey beg family to come Australia no wan use eye see Nigerians with family, they practically quoted it.

Wow, so so sorry about that, so what's the way forward now, are you reapplying?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kosiemma(m): 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
How can Do apply for my master degree program for schools in Australia especially those that doesn’t need IELTS because I already had English proficiency letter from my school. Pls Can someone guide me on how to go about that. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2020
qixxy:
House I need advise before proceeding. I'm 44yrs and want to apply for my masters. Hubby and daughter will not be added until after 1 year of study.

Thanks in advance
If your main goal is using study to get PR, I won't advise you to go ahead as you will be over 45yrs before you conclude your studies which is the maximum age for PR eligibility. This simply means you won't be eligible for PR after studies aside 2years post study work visa.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by qixxy: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
bligs:

If your main goal is using study to get PR, I won't advise you to go ahead as you will be over 45yrs before you conclude your studies which is the maximum age for PR eligibility. This simply means you won't be eligible for PR after studies aside 2years post study work visa.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response.

I was thinking of PR and looking at work permit when I'm done with school. Thought I would lose out on the points only didn't realize I won't be eligible. Wow!

Do you have any advice sir?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
qixxy:

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response.

I was thinking of PR and looking at work permit when I'm done with school. Thought I would lose out on the points only didn't realize I won't be eligible. Wow!

Do you have any advice sir?
Rule out UK, your age is a red flag towards Canada and USA is somehow right now, consider Germany and Norway or better still, do your homework by searching a Western European country that will be favourable to you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2020
tpain22:

May I ask sir, which school gave you admission? AL1 or AL2 school?

I suggest you reapply leaving out your family for now, you can invite them later.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Admiralstan: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2020
My uncle whom I declared my sponsor has only declare 2mil has his income on tax return certificate, pls can this be use for GTE assessment,?? Although, his closing bank account is 15mil.. Pls advise only

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2020
qixxy:

Thanks in advance

You can still obtain a PR but you must work towards obtaining a PhD. With that, you may be appointed to lecture in one of the public universities.

Alternatively, you can move to New Zealand. It is close to Australia. The age limit for PR is 55.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 5:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
Naijabad:

Good, then he can get married before this year runs out.

A low key court marriage will do.

Thank you very much for the reply. Please what if I have not found someone to marry what can I do. Will having strong family ties with family business (attaching CAC documents, business account and contract awarded to the business) plus personal business account help to show strong ties to Nigeria.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
bligs:

Explain in details your educational gap and why you are going for Masters now, if you are employ that's a bonus, just get a letter from your employer stating that you are taking a leave to further your education and coming back to fill a higher position in the organisation. Your SOP should centre on going to Australia for the purpose of study alone and emphasis on going back to naija after studies.

I graduate in 2011 and have been working in Construction and Engineering firms since them. I am still employed. What do you think will be the best reason I should give for going for Master in Engineering now. The reason I am thinking of giving, is to come back to Nigeria to occupy higher position as Project Manager in my current company and expand my family business (my name is in the CAC documents as part of the directors and I am also the 1st born) which is into construction and civil works. I intend to add some small contract award documents along with the business statement of account. I also have a bakery business which I intend to come back to (will include the statement of account and CAC documents). Please will these above show adequate family ties or do I need to add some else.

Please I need you guys help!!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=tpain22 post=96342177]Got visa refusal 2days ago, the feeling has been crazy, I applied with my family so I knew this going forward that it could end up like this. Australia bad sha make we no lie, even where UK dey beg family to come Australia no wan use eye see Nigerians with family, they practically quoted it.

So sorry about that. This is painful. Do you think it might been due to the COVID19. Did you include your wife degree and have adequate funds for the whole family. Did you also show strong family ties back home in Nigeria inclusive of landed properties and all. Please dont mind my many questions, I am just trying to gather information so I can know what to do. I wish you best of luck as you try again.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
max99:

I graduate in 2011 and have been working in Construction and Engineering firms since them. I am still employed. What do you think will be the best reason I should give for going for Master in Engineering now. The reason I am thinking of giving, is to come back to Nigeria to occupy higher position as Project Manager in my current company and expand my family business (my name is in the CAC documents as part of the directors and I am also the 1st born) which is into construction and civil works. I intend to add some small contract award documents along with the business statement of account. I also have a bakery business which I intend to come back to (will include the statement of account and CAC documents). Please will these above show adequate family ties or do I need to add some else.

Please I need you guys help!!!
Support all your claims with employment letter, letter headed paper from the family business and liaise with your HR to give you a supporting letter. You can as well search online for samples of SOP.

Naijabad:

You can still obtain a PR but you must work towards obtaining a PhD. With that, you may be appointed to lecture in one of the public universities.

Alternatively, you can move to New Zealand. It is close to Australia. The age limit for PR is 55.
She can opt for New Zealand as you rightly said but going for PhD won't lead her to PR in as much as she is over 45yrs.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2020
bligs:

Support all your claims with employment letter, letter headed paper from the family business and liaise with your HR to give you a supporting letter. You can as well search online for samples of SOP.

Thank you very much. Please what content will be in my family business letter headed paper?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2020
max99:

What the business is all about, chronological order, your position and roles, how you're going to use your acquired knowledge to move the business further etc.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
bligs:

What the business is all about, chronological order, your position and roles, how you're going to use your acquired knowledge to move the business further etc.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 1:15am On Nov 26, 2020
Hello I need advice I am working with an Agent G. So they advice me to opt for UNSW because of my profile (two previous Canadian student visa refusals) which is quite an expensive tuition fee AUD$47,280 for a year because according to them using that school to apply for visa, the success rate is high because it is a level 1 school and embassy do less scrutiny to applications from level 1 schools; I don't know how true is this.

My question is this; Is it possible to while onshore transfer from UNSW Masters in Data Science to Grifitth University Masters of Information System and Information technology Management after getting my Visa with UNSW without forfeiting my AUD$14,000 first semester deposit fee I will be paying to UNSW from Nigeria here. Please I need advice on how to handle this dilemma because I am so confuse, AUD14,000 is almost 4M naira.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:00am On Nov 26, 2020
1. I must say that school fee is cheap so it’s a good one.
2. Your agent is somehow right about the claim of applying to AL1 school to a bit boost your chance.
3. Yes, you can transfer once you get here but you’ll have to complete at least 6months of study with the school that brought you in (meaning you’ll have to study for at least a semester before they can release you, so forget about the money).

On a personal advice, I’ll say take the shot. Note that you have your choices to make.
Amahjosh:
Hello I need advice I am working with an Agent Goajo Agency in particular. So they advice me to opt for UNSW because of my profile (two previous Canadian student visa refusals) which is quite an expensive tuition fee AUD$47,280 because according to them using that school to apply for visa, the success rate is high because it is a level 1 school and embassy do less scrutiny to applications from level 1 schools; I don't know how true is this.

My question is this; Is it possible to while onshore transfer from UNSW Masters in Data Science to Grifitth University Masters of Information System and Information technology Management after getting my Visa with UNSW without forfeiting my AUD$14,000 first semester deposit fee I will be paying to UNSW from Nigeria here. Please I need advice on how to handle this dilemma because I am so confuse, AUD14,000 is almost 4M naira.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 2:10am On Nov 26, 2020
Thank you Softkey for your input. So AUD$98,000 for a 2 years program is cheap, chai Now i believe there is nothing like cheap schools in Australia. So I should give it a shot.

Softkey:
1. I must say that school fee is cheap so it’s a good one.
2. Your agent is somehow right about the claim of applying to AL1 school to a bit boost your chance.
3. Yes, you can transfer once you get here but you’ll have to complete at least 6months of study with the school that brought you in (meaning you’ll have to study for at least a semester before they can release you, so forget about the money).

On a personal advice, I’ll say take the shot. Note that you have your choices to make.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 2:30am On Nov 26, 2020
Oh, I thought you mean AUD$47,280 for the whole course. You didn’t specify it was for a year.

If it’s for a year then it’s on the high side.
Amahjosh:
Thank you Softkey for your input. So AUD$98,000 for a 2 years program is cheap, chai Now i believe there is nothing like cheap schools in Australia. So I should give it a shot.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 2:42am On Nov 26, 2020
So what do you advice should I still go for the school and change to lower tuition fee school after my first semester and forfeit the $14,000 initial deposit after my first semester?

Softkey:
Oh, I thought you mean AUD$47,280 for the whole course. You didn’t specify it was for a year.

If it’s for a year then it’s on the high side.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 3:08am On Nov 26, 2020
$14,000 for first semester is not too much for an AL1 school.

Personally, I’ll take the offer, complete the first semester then move if I need to.
Amahjosh:
So what do you advice should I still go for the school and change to lower tuition fee school after my first semester and forfeit the $14,000 initial deposit after my first semester?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 5:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Amahjosh:

Sorry I want to ask,
A year tuition is $47,280, how come a semester fee became $14,000, I thought the tuition is always split into 2 for COE?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2020
Softkey:

Personally, I’ll take the offer, complete the first semester then move if I need to.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2020
Good afternoon House,

Please I need advise on my choice of school. I am chasing Master of Engineering admission in Edith Cowan University, Western Australia. It is an AL2 from my research so far.

My question are;

1. Do this school have a positive track records with students visa.
2. Does anybody any bad experience with the school
3. What should I be worried about when it comes to the school.
4. Is there any thing special I need to do to increase my visa chances.

Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by qixxy: 12:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
Naijabad:

Thanks a lot Naijabad. I appreciate the advise. I was actually planning on Phd to get more points for PR.

New Zealand isn't a bad idea either. I will research some more and weigh my options. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Amahjosh:
Hello I need advice I am working with an Agent Goajo Agency in particular. So they advice me to opt for UNSW because of my profile (two previous Canadian student visa refusals) which is quite an expensive tuition fee AUD$47,280 for a year because according to them using that school to apply for visa, the success rate is high because it is a level 1 school and embassy do less scrutiny to applications from level 1 schools; I don't know how true is this.

Josh!!

There're many red flags here and your agent is doing a pretty bad job.

1)There are several Al1 uni that are not as expensive as unsw,unisyd,unimelb

2)Your end goal is Information system management/information technology and it's very unfair for your agent to give you the go ahead to pursue unsw when s/he knows there are many al1 uni with cheaper tution and the exact course you have.

My advice;

1)Carry out research on al1 university's that has your exact course, compare the tution fee and course content, check the various little scholarships the uni gives out to international students and then go for the uni that suit you.

2)Check out macquarie university, Msc information system management and Msc information technology. Both are separate courses!

3)Having several study visa rejection from another country is not a red flag when applying to Australia if you have all your documents and it's more hitch free when you apply through al1 uni.

Let me conclude by saying upcoming applicants should follow this process: let the agent play the role of a driver while the applicants play the role of a Google map which simply mean be actively involved in the process and gather has more information you can lay your hands on.

Ciao!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
I just confirm Softkey that the $14,000 is not the first semester fee but just the deposit fee i am to pay here in Nigeria. The First Semester fee is AUD$23,640 which way too expensive to forfeit after first semester. Which AL1 school will you advice me to go for that has lower tuition fee for first semester that I can forfeit or even continue with if it within my budget of AUD$28k to $35k. Canadian application has bastardized my profile with 2 denials so I can only apply to AL1 schools. Please I need advice Fam

Softkey:

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.