Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1253283 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
Thank you boss. Let me do the research will get back with the information I can get sir for more guidance

Ikjosh04:

Josh!!

There're many red flags here and your agent is doing a pretty bad job.

1)There are several Al1 uni that are not as expensive as unsw,unisyd,unimelb

2)Your end goal is Information system management/information technology and it's very unfair for your agent to give you the go ahead to pursue unsw when s/he knows there are many al1 uni with cheaper tution and the exact course you have.

My advice;

1)Carry out research on al1 university's that has your exact course, compare the tution fee and course content, check the various little scholarships the uni gives out to international students and then go for the uni that suit you.

2)Check out macquarie university, Msc information system management and Msc information technology. Both are separate courses!

3)Having several study visa rejection from another country is not a red flag when applying to Australia if you have all your documents and it's more hitch free when you apply through al1 uni.

Let me conclude by saying upcoming applicants should follow this process: let the agent play the role of a driver while the applicants play the role of a Google map which simply mean be actively involved in the process and gather has more information you can lay your hands on.

Ciao!!

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Amahjosh:
Thank you boss. Let me do the research will get back with the information I can get sir for more guidance

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Good afternoon House,

Please I need advise on my choice of school. I am chasing Master of Engineering admission in Edith Cowan University, Western Australia. It is an AL2 from my research so far.

My question are;

1. Do this school have a positive track records with students visa.
2. Does anybody any bad experience with the school
3. What should I be worried about when it comes to the school.
4. Is there any thing special I need to do to increase my visa chances.

Thank you.
bligs:

What the business is all about, chronological order, your position and roles, how you're going to use your acquired knowledge to move the business further etc.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by smatadex(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please forgive my questions, there is this agent that want to process study visa for me, he said no interview ‘non appearance’ no biometric, no IELTS exams, he said the school does not require exams, is that possible? Please before I fall victim.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Josh!!

2)Your end goal is Information system management/information technology and it's very unfair for your agent to give you the go ahead to pursue unsw when s/he knows there are many al1 uni with cheaper tution and the exact course you have.

My advice;

1)Carry out research on al1 university's that has your exact course, compare the tution fee and course content, check the various little scholarships the uni gives out to international students and then go for the uni that suit you.

2)Check out macquarie university, Msc information system management and Msc information technology. Both are separate courses!

3)Having several study visa rejection from another country is not a red flag when applying to Australia if you have all your documents and it's more hitch free when you apply through al1 uni.

Let me conclude by saying upcoming applicants should follow this process: let the agent play the role of a driver while the applicants play the role of a Google map which simply mean be actively involved in the process and gather has more information you can lay your hands on.

Ciao!!

Ikjosh,

Please can you advise me on the below;
Good afternoon House,

Please I need advise on my choice of school. I am chasing Master of Engineering admission in Edith Cowan University, Western Australia. It is an AL2 from my research so far.

My question are;

Thank you.

The reason I choose ECU is because it the cheapest school that offers Master of Engineering and my choice of WA is because they offer 90% of their state skilled nomination to alumni.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
max99:

Ikjosh,

Please can you advise me on the below;
Good afternoon House,

My question are;

Thank you.

The reason I choose ECU is because it the cheapest school that offers Master of Engineering and my choice of WA is because they offer 90% of their state skilled nomination to alumni.

Hi bro, i understand you and ECU is actually one of the uni I intend to switch to after my first 6 months.

ECU, Torrens and federation uni are the uni with the cheapest fee from my research.

ECU is a reputable uni and she is actually named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament and recently they just approved a gigantic project for her engineering building and all that.

For 4)
Have a strong sop that proves home ties and career progression, your sponsor account should have nothing less than 10 million after paying your tution deposit and oshc and you are good to go.

If your sponsor does not have a strong statement of account, i advice you apply to al1 uni.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Hi bro, i understand you and ECU is actually one of the uni I intend to switch to after my first 6 months.

ECU, Torrens and federation uni are the uni with the cheapest fee from my research.

ECU is a reputable uni and she is actually named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament and recently they just approved a gigantic project for her engineering building and all that.

For 4)
Have a strong sop that proves home ties and career progression, your sponsor account should have nothing less than 10 million after paying your tution deposit and oshc and you are good to go.

If your sponsor does not have a strong statement of account, i advice you apply to al1 uni.

Thank you for the advise.

I am sponsoring myself
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
max99:

Thank you for the advise.

I am sponsoring myself
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
AUD$23,640 is on the high side and I personally wouldn’t accept such. Macquarie have your exact course and it’s AL1.

About your Canada visa denials, that’s not an issue at all. How you package your documents going forward is what matters.

Note: I had 4 US visa denials before applying to Australia and I got it. In fact, my wife also got it in August. So put the Canada denials behind you, get all the necessary documents, leave no gap or flaw in your documents, be truthful and be prayerful.

Amahjosh:
I just confirm Softkey that the $14,000 is not the first semester fee but just the deposit fee i am to pay here in Nigeria. The First Semester fee is AUD$23,640 which way too expensive to forfeit after first semester. Which AL1 school will you advice me to go for that has lower tuition fee for first semester that I can forfeit or even continue with if it within my budget of AUD$28k to $35k. Canadian application has bastardized my profile with 2 denials so I can only apply to AL1 schools. Please I need advice Fam

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hello Everyone...
Hope you're doing great?

I just got an Offer from Western Sydney University but there's a little challenge.
I applied for Masters in Social Work but they gave me an offer to do a Postgraduate Bridging Program before starting my Masters degree in Social Work.

I am not pleased with this outcome and that's why I need some advice and suggestions.

On the other hand, I'm still expecting a response from Monash University which is the first school I applied to even though they've taken a long time to attend to my application. I'm still hopeful anyways and really look forward to something positive from them.

PFL is my agent...

What's my fate? What should I do? I need an advice please...

Thank you for your time and response to this headache of mine...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 12:10am On Nov 27, 2020
VickayThrills:
Hello Everyone...
Hope you're doing great?

I just got an Offer from Western Sydney University but there's a little challenge.
I applied for Masters in Social Work but they gave me an offer to do a Postgraduate Bridging Program before starting my Masters degree in Social Work.

I am not pleased with this outcome and that's why I need some advice and suggestions.

On the other hand, I'm still expecting a response from Monash University which is the first school I applied to even though they've taken a long time to attend to my application. I'm still hopeful anyways and really look forward to something positive from them.

PFL is my agent...

What's my fate? What should I do? I need an advice please...

Thank you for your time and response to this headache of mine...
That means your qualification is not up to their minimum requirements for Social Work which means you have to do the bridgging program to meet up with their requirements for the program. Regarding Monash, not only is their School fees very expensive but also their requirements is higher as it is one of the leading Uni in ranking as well as medical research. I won't even advise you to go for Monash unless you want to use it in getting to Australia and change to a lesser paying school or you getting a scholarship because their is no point in paying close to 80k for Msc without getting points to boost your PR application aside 5points for Australian degree.
PS: With the recent happenings, target schools in regional areas and you maybe eligible for state/regional sponsorship as well as longer 485 (post study visa)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by speaktony: 3:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Hello guys,

I am been following the thread for a while and I appreciate everyone that has taken time to help on this platform. I am just about to kick off my own process.

I am a graduate of Mass Communication, but my professional experience is in the occupational health and safety field. Currently, most occupational health and safety related masters in Australia are online programs.

Since I will prefer an on-campus masters and one that can lead to PR, my agent advised me to do a masters in Health Administration Policy and Leadership at Murdoch University

From your experience is there anyone who has an advice FOR/AGAINST this. Or any other advise that can be of help to my process will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2020
speaktony:
Hello guys,

I am been following the thread for a while and I appreciate everyone that has taken time to help on this platform. I am just about to kick off my own process.

I am a graduate of Mass Communication, but my professional experience is in the occupational health and safety field. Currently, most occupational health and safety related masters in Australia are online programs.

Since I will prefer an on-campus masters and one that can lead to PR, my agent advised me to do a masters in Health Administration Policy and Leadership at Murdoch University

From your experience is there anyone who has an advice FOR/AGAINST this. Or any other advise that can be of help to my process will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Thank you for your response...
Do you advice I accept this offer and won't the program affect my visa chances?

Secondly, is Western Sydney University in a regional area? I really don't understand the regional area thing you mentioned please...
If you also have schools you can recommend for Social Work, that'll be fine too...

Thanks a lot...
bligs:

That means your qualification is not up to their minimum requirements for Social Work which means you have to do the bridgging program to meet up with their requirements for the program. Regarding Monash, not only is their School fees very expensive but also their requirements is higher as it is one of the leading Uni in ranking as well as medical research. I won't even advise you to go for Monash unless you want to use it in getting to Australia and change to a lesser paying school or you getting a scholarship because their is no point in paying close to 80k for Msc without getting points to boost your PR application aside 5points for Australian degree.
PS: With the recent happenings, target schools in regional areas and you maybe eligible for state/regional sponsorship as well as longer 485 (post study visa)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 8:27am On Nov 27, 2020
Good morning all,

Please is there any adverse implications if one apply for a student visa to UK (MBA) and Australia (Master of Engineering) at the same time?

The Master program the applicant will be apply visa from differs in the 2 countries. The UK is a MBA while Australia application will be for Engineering.

My question is, will the two countries share detailed information about applicants. or does this hamper the chance of visa success from Australia??

Many thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 8:39am On Nov 27, 2020
VickayThrills:
Thank you for your response...
Do you advice I accept this offer and won't the program affect my visa chances?

Secondly, is Western Sydney University in a regional area? I really don't understand the regional area thing you mentioned please...
If you also have schools you can recommend for Social Work, that'll be fine too...

Thanks a lot...
The school is a Multi Campus Uni, find out the Campus offering your program whether it's within Sydney Metropolitan Suburb or not.
Advantages of schooling in regional area includes
* You get extra 5points for schooling in regional area.
* You stand a chance for state nomination.
* As from next year 485 (post study visa) for those that study in regional areas category one is 3years while those of category two is 4years.
The Metropolitan Suburbs of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are the non regional areas, avoid these places.
Look towards South Australia or Tasmania, you'll be eligible for 190 after your two years program.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by max99: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2020
bligs:

The school is a Multi Campus Uni, find out the Campus offering your program whether it's within Sydney Metropolitan Suburb or not.
* As from next year 485 (post study visa) for those that study in regional areas category one is 3years while those of category two is 4years.
The Metropolitan Suburbs of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are the non regional areas, avoid these places.
Look towards South Australia or Tasmania, you'll be eligible for 190 after your two years program.

Good morning all,

Please is there any adverse implications if one apply for a student visa to UK (MBA) and Australia (Master of Engineering) at the same time?

The Master program the applicant will be apply visa from differs in the 2 countries. The UK is a MBA while Australia application will be for Engineering.

My question is, will the two countries share detailed information about applicants. or does this hamper the chance of visa success from Australia??

Many thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
max99:

Good morning all,

Many thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Thanks again for this helpful feedback...
The WSU campus for my Course is in Parramatta.

Another major challenge I'm facing at the moment is that most of the schools I've seen offering my course in regional areas and also some AL1 schools do not have PFL as their agent and I'm working with them already.

What do you advice please?...
bligs:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amahjosh(m): 11:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
iIkjosh and all other elders in the house

I have made some research on the AL1 Universities my Agent Goajo is affiliated with University of Tasmania needs IELTS which I have not written, while my application to Deakin University was rejected due my agent not indicating my previous immigration refusals. UNSW is where I got admit from and the tuition fee which is AUD$47,280 annually is quite expensive same with University of Adelaide which is AUD$46,000. Macquarie University you suggested only accept 3.5/5 Cgpa and above while my Cgpa is 3.27/5. Monash is also expensive AUD$42,800, Torrens University don't have my program Information system management/information technology/Data Science. These are the AL1 universities my agent is affiliated with. I'm thinking of reapplying to Deakins and rectifying the mistakes the agent made initially because of their moderate fees and having a campus in a regional area.

Please i need advice Fam

Ikjosh04:

Josh!!

My advice;

Ciao!!

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 2:20am On Nov 28, 2020
VickayThrills:
Thanks again for this helpful feedback...
The WSU campus for my Course is in Parramatta.

Another major challenge I'm facing at the moment is that most of the schools I've seen offering my course in regional areas and also some AL1 schools do not have PFL as their agent and I'm working with them already.

What do you advice please?...
Parramatta is not a regional area.
I can't specifically tell you what to do as the final decision lies with you. I am emphasising on regional areas due to recent happenings, a lot of students are at cross road haven finished school and exhausted their 485 and PR is not in sight, they have no other options other than going back to school in regional areas. Whatever your final decision is, make sure that you graduate from a place where you will be eligible for 190 or worst-case scenario 491.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:15am On Nov 28, 2020
Amahjosh:

I have made some research on the AL1 Universities my Agent Goajo is affiliated with University of Tasmania needs IELTS which I have not written, while my application to Deakin University was rejected due my agent not indicating my previous immigration refusals. UNSW is where I got admit from and the tuition fee which is AUD$47,280 annually is quite expensive same with University of Adelaide which is AUD$46,000. Macquarie University you suggested only accept 3.5/5 Cgpa and above while my Cgpa is 3.27/5. Monash is also expensive AUD$42,800, Torrens University don't have my program Information system management/information technology/Data Science. These are the AL1 universities my agent is affiliated with. I'm thinking of reapplying to Deakins and rectifying the mistakes the agent made initially because of their moderate fees and having a campus in a regional area.

Please i need advice Fam

Write IELTS and go for Uni of Tasmania
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 10:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Amahjosh:

Please i need advice Fam

Lol I'm not an Elder o. I am far from that, just an ordinary applicants like you.

To start with, let me clarify your writeup.

I actually thought Australia uni does not admit applicants below 2.1.

Your agent affiliated to any uni does not matter, what is important is the genuineness and integrity of your agent.

Agents in all spheres of life leverage on agents to achieve the result they want, it's a large playing ground.

To the best of my knowledge, your admission application to Deakin cannot be rejected base on previous immigration refusals.

When school gives admission they look at your academic documents and not your immigration history to approve/reject an application.

Now, your case is not straightforward cause of your 2.2 and I don't have info about Aussie uni that accept below 2.1.

It's purely left to you to make your decision but what I can say is;

1)if your target is to resume feb/March you can accept the unsw admission and start your visa application asap then change after 6months.

2)Follow Sir Bligs advise by writing ielts and apply to UniiTas and you should be looking towards July resumption.

You can also leverage on your ielts by applying to Ireland uni and you will get in with your 2.2 swiftly and this also reduces your financial burden.

Ireland is an IT Haven so you won't go wrong with an Msc information systems management/information technology/data analysis if you know what you're doing.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Lol I'm not an Elder o. I am far from that, just an ordinary applicants like you.

To start with, let me clarify your writeup.

I actually thought Australia uni does not admit applicants below 2.1.

Your agent affiliated to any uni does not matter, what is important is the genuineness and integrity of your agent.

Agents in all spheres of life leverage on agents to achieve the result they want, it's a large playing ground.

To the best of my knowledge, your admission application to Deakin cannot be rejected base on previous immigration refusals.

When school gives admission they look at your academic documents and not your immigration history to approve/reject an application.

Now, your case is not straightforward cause of your 2.2 and I don't have info about Aussie uni that accept below 2.1.

It's purely left to you to make your decision but what I can say is;

1)if your target is to resume feb/March you can accept the unsw admission and start your visa application asap then change after 6months.

2)Follow Sir Bligs advise by writing ielts and apply to UniiTas and you should be looking towards July resumption.

You can also leverage on your ielts by applying to Ireland uni and you will get in with your 2.2 swiftly and this also reduces your financial burden.

Ireland is an IT Haven so you won't go wrong with an Msc information systems management/information technology/data analysis if you know what you're doing.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by obainojazz(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2020
smatadex:
Hello everyone,

Please forgive my questions, there is this agent that want to process study visa for me, he said no interview ‘non appearance’ no biometric, no IELTS exams, he said the school does not require exams, is that possible? Please before I fall victim.
no biometric
The agent lying and probably a scam

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nicolofm: 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
Anybody with an info of when the border will likely be open for international students?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Viola2017: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alao1981: 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
nicolofm:
Anybody with an info of when the border will likely be open for international students?

Still no confirmation yet, but the first set of students under the pilot program will be allowed into Australia tomorrow based on the following news link. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-29/first-charter-flight-international-student-darwin-pilot-program/12928626
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nicolofm: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
alao1981:
Still no confirmation yet, but the first set of students under the pilot program will be allowed into Australia tomorrow based on the following news link. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-29/first-charter-flight-international-student-darwin-pilot-program/12928626

Thanks for the information, gracias.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dannybomb(m): 4:10am On Nov 30, 2020
Love the thread, please I would appreciate an answer to this questions, if one wants to apply to study in Australia as a HND polytechnic graduate, what programs are their for such prospective student, and the amount needed for any affordable or cheap college in Australia to apply for, what about is needed to make this come through, I intend sponsoring myself, thanks and I appreciate any feedback
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dannybomb(m): 6:05am On Nov 30, 2020
foreverkind1:

It depends on your school and course, check Qut.the school tuition fees is very affordable. But increase it to like 3m or 3.5m for tuition, cos us$ is 360 now for school fees ( Form A)
Full name for the QUT please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by speaktony: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2020
Still waiting for anyone that can give helpful information on my questions below.

Also, is there anyone here currently processing admission to Murdoch University or already there?

If you have written your SOP for studying a Masters in Health administration, and you are willing to share a sample. Please say hi so that I can reach out to you.

Thanks.

speaktony:

Hello guys,

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.