Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,448 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1248069 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
Betapikin01:
My life have come to a standstill and I don't know the way forward.
Started my journey for Australia Nov 2019 with application for admission without any agent.
Got a provisional admission Dec and the sch referred me to an agent in Nigeria to check my documents and ensure I meet the criteria, submitted all that was required and finally got the full offer Feb to start sch by July.
Paid my school fee, got my CoE.
Applied for my visa 14th March 2020, having done my medical and biometric. God a 50% scholarship.
Covid19 lockdown started..
Started my lectures online cos I didn't want to loose the scholarship and with the hope that things will improve before the end of 2020.
Finally got my grant 16th December 2020.

But the wahala now be say I no fit comot cos the restriction is still in place and I'm so confused now cos I don't know what else to do. Everything is just on pause mood.
should I continue with my work as a Teller in a bank or just resign and focus on the sch cos the stress was too much for me last year and since I already have my grant.

Guys confusion have full my head..

Sorry about your issue but the truth is, It's damn frustrating!!

This Aussie government does not acknowledge even international students are humans who are also purely business and career driven and not emotional!

My own advice is for you not to quit your job till we have closure about the boarder opening and international student.

Also, try and reduce the course you will register for the new semester to the minimum.

Write to your school convincingly that you want to defer for the next semester, cause extraordinary times require extraordinary approach. I think your scholarship should be safe too if you made a good GPA in your previous semester.

All the news in the media about the boarder are pure speculation and that's what hurt more, if you ask me cause ScoMo indecisiveness is putting international students life on standstill.

Australia finally approved the use of Pfizer vaccine yesterday and according to them it's going to be done in batches.

You can also go on FB and connect with the Africa student president of your uni they're always willing to help.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by QueenCookie: 10:50am On Jan 26, 2021
Betapikin01:
Started my journey for Australia Nov 2019 with application for admission without any agent.
Got a provisional admission Dec and the sch referred me to an agent in Nigeria to check my documents and ensure I meet the criteria, submitted all that was required and finally got the full offer Feb to start sch by July.
Applied for my visa 14th March 2020, having done my medical and biometric. God a 50% scholarship.
Started my lectures online cos I didn't want to loose the scholarship and with the hope that things will improve before the end of 2020.

But the wahala now be say I no fit comot cos the restriction is still in place and I'm so confused now cos I don't know what else to do. Everything is just on pause mood.
should I continue with my work as a Teller in a bank or just resign and focus on the sch cos the stress was too much for me last year and since I already have my grant.

I understand your plights. A colleague of mine was just lucky to have left for Aussie a week before the travel ban.
A lot of international students have their lives on hold because of this restriction and I wonder why they can't be like other countries.
I will advise you not to quit your job, as someone rightly advised, reduce the courses you take next semester and hope for better news.

I am not paying a dime until they lift their ban.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
Betapikin01:

Congrats on the schoraship. you have done well. Ialso left banking to study her ein Australia.
oTo answer your question ehn, it boils down to how much money you have. I could be wrong o, A few people are still flying in and going to quarantine immediately at thier own cost o. between 3000 - 6000 AUD. But this is quite expensive for many ppl.

Watch out for the news on vaccination in a few months. The schools here are in pains due to lack of funding from international student fee so na them dey rush us but not at the detriment of thier national health.

Teller for bank no easy, i have been there before. So think deep about it, you still need to survuve in 9ja before youcome here. but can you combine the rigor of tellering with study online. Its tough o, especially time diffrence and the assignments.

DOnt give up, you are doing well.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Xkoba: 9:37am On Jan 27, 2021
Are research students allowed entry into Australia during the border closure.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2021
Xkoba:

No,

Most universities are affected as they had relied heavily on international student fee.

Keep an eye on the vaccination which begins next month. I believe once they are done with vaccinations here, they can now open up.

Despite the border closure, a few people are coming in o but pay up to 3k to 6k AUD for quarantine.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
Smile4mee01:

No,

Most universities are affected as they had relied heavily on international student fee.

Keep an eye on the vaccination which begins next month. I believe once they are done with vaccinations here, they can now open up.

Despite the border closure, a few people are coming in o but pay up to 3k to 6k AUD for quarantine.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Xkoba: 5:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
Thanks for the information.
Smile4mee01:

No,

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mcslize: 6:31am On Jan 28, 2021
Haliru001:
Instead of going for the Msc in nursing it's better u go for the Bachelor of nursing (graduate entry), which is 2 years. It's for people who already have a degree in another course. You can google the schools in Australia that offer the program. Western Sydney University, QUT and UQ are some of the schools that offer it. WSU isn't an AL1 school tho

Can someone with a Bsc in Engineering apply for this 2yrs Nursing?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 11:32am On Jan 28, 2021
Mcslize:

Hmnnnn...

Its not impossible but its very tough to convince a Visa officer to approve it. What people do is come here with a course in line with thier precious study or work experience , after the 1st semester you can switch to any course you want. But that would cost you more money. The thing is that these people know that nursing leads to PR so they will scrutinize you well.

This is where canada beats Australia. PR is attached to skill here , while in canada PR is sure for reason that you studied in their country.

Good luck. God bless your hustle.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by FieryJoe: 6:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
Please note WSU is now an AL1 school. Since last year...

Haliru001:
Instead of going for the Msc in nursing it's better u go for the Bachelor of nursing (graduate entry), which is 2 years. It's for people who already have a degree in another course. You can google the schools in Australia that offer the program. Western Sydney University, QUT and UQ are some of the schools that offer it. WSU isn't an AL1 school tho
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2021
Thanks a lot for response.
God bless...��
Franklin24:
I think you should defer to July and if the border restriction still prevents you from travelling by July, then you can email the school and let them know.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2021
A few people are still flying in and going to quarantine immediately at thier own cost o. between 3000 - 6000 AUD. But this is quite expensive for many ppl.

Can we link up please, I’ll like to know how these people (on student visa 500) flies in and out. Even at A$10,000 quarantine fee, I’ll pay.
Smile4mee01:

Congrats on the schoraship. you have done well. Ialso left banking to study her ein Australia.
oTo answer your question ehn, it boils down to how much money you have. I could be wrong o, A few people are still flying in and going to quarantine immediately at thier own cost o. between 3000 - 6000 AUD. But this is quite expensive for many ppl.

Watch out for the news on vaccination in a few months. The schools here are in pains due to lack of funding from international student fee so na them dey rush us but not at the detriment of thier national health.

Teller for bank no easy, i have been there before. So think deep about it, you still need to survuve in 9ja before youcome here. but can you combine the rigor of tellering with study online. Its tough o, especially time diffrence and the assignments.

DOnt give up, you are doing well.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 28, 2021
Good evening guys, I just started reading the thread and I’ll like to apply for msc in Australia. I have bsc in economics and I’ll want a PR after my study is if advisable go for a finance course as have been seeing advice from people that going into health related course is better. I’ll love to hear people’s opinion and do I need an agent for the whole process or I can do it myself thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2021
Softkey:
A few people are still flying in and going to quarantine immediately at thier own cost o. between 3000 - 6000 AUD. But this is quite expensive for many ppl.

Can we link up please, I’ll like to know how these people (on student visa 500) flies in and out. Even at A$10,000 quarantine fee, I’ll pay.
Only Australian Citizens are allowed into the country

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
blackchild09:
Good evening guys, I just started reading the thread and I’ll like to apply for msc in Australia. I have bsc in economics and I’ll want a PR after my study is if advisable go for a finance course as have been seeing advice from people that going into health related course is better. I’ll love to hear people’s opinion and do I need an agent for the whole process or I can do it myself thanks
Finance/Business/Accounting very competitive with high numbers of applicants won’t advice you to go for it complete waste of time and money

Yes you need agent for Uni admission n visa processing but you have to DYOR

Nursing/Social work/medicine are hot cake
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
Mcslize:

Yes of course so far you can convince the Uni why you changing course and you have spent 6months with them
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2021
Xkoba:
Only Australian Citizens
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2021
QueenCookie:

I understand your plights. A colleague of mine was just lucky to have left for Aussie a week before the travel ban.
A lot of international students have their lives on hold because of this restriction and I wonder why they can't be like other countries.
I will advise you not to quit your job, as someone rightly advised, reduce the courses you take next semester and hope for better news.

I am not paying a dime until they lift their ban.
Nah we are not going to open the border until 2022
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2021
Betapikin01:

Advice is just take a break at least one semester send the school a mail that you are not finding it easy here that you need a break from study if not you will finish your Uni in Nigeria o my 2 cent for you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 28, 2021
Solitin40:

Finance/Business/Accounting very competitive with high numbers of applicants won’t advice you to go for it complete waste of time and money

Yes you need agent for Uni admission n visa processing but you have to DYOR

Nursing/Social work/medicine are hot cake

Thanks for the reply what school will you advice me to check out probably one with low fees. I’ll like to apply for social work msc
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 6:58am On Jan 29, 2021
Yeah, I’m very much aware of this. I was just surprised when I saw “people coming in and out” to see if I’m missing out on a link �
Solitin40:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kams19(m): 9:13am On Jan 29, 2021
Hi guys. pls I'm new here. i just have one question
Paying an agent for 5yrs work permit 1.5M
VS
Applying for Masters in artificial intelligence.
what should be my best bet
considering how studying in Australia costs as much as 10M
Pls I need guide
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2021
kams19:

VS

Pls I need guide
Don't waste your money and time, such thing doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2021
blackchild09:

Thanks for the reply what school will you advice me to check out probably one with low fees. I’ll like to apply for social work msc
Nothing like cheap or low here they are all expensive

Go to Unis in regional areas because of state sponsorship and other benefits
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2021
kams19:

VS

Pls I need guide

What work visa!!? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2021
Solitin40:

Nothing like cheap or low here they are all expensive

Go to Unis in regional areas because of state sponsorship and other benefits
Have been checking Utas is a good choice right for social work. And also for someone moving from economics to nursing do you think the transition will be allowed plus is it masters in nursing you’ll advice the person to go for or the other nursing degree someone mentioned earlier ? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:07pm On Jan 29, 2021
blackchild09:

Have been checking Utas is a good choice right for social work. And also for someone moving from economics to nursing do you think the transition will be allowed plus is it masters in nursing you’ll advice the person to go for or the other nursing degree someone mentioned earlier ? Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2021
Solitin40:

True. Right now only citizens are allowed into the country. Borders have not opened for international students yet quarantine or no quarantine.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 9:07am On Jan 30, 2021
kams19:

VS

Pls I need guide
hmm..they want to dupe you. Stir clear of that agent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: Reanzi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.