Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1248164 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2021
Betapikin01:
My life have come to a standstill and I don't know the way forward.
Started my journey for Australia Nov 2019 with application for admission without any agent.
Got a provisional admission Dec and the sch referred me to an agent in Nigeria to check my documents and ensure I meet the criteria, submitted all that was required and finally got the full offer Feb to start sch by July.
Paid my school fee, got my CoE.
Applied for my visa 14th March 2020, having done my medical and biometric. God a 50% scholarship.
Covid19 lockdown started..
Started my lectures online cos I didn't want to loose the scholarship and with the hope that things will improve before the end of 2020.
Finally got my grant 16th December 2020.

But the wahala now be say I no fit comot cos the restriction is still in place and I'm so confused now cos I don't know what else to do. Everything is just on pause mood.
should I continue with my work as a Teller in a bank or just resign and focus on the sch cos the stress was too much for me last year and since I already have my grant.

Guys confusion have full my head..
My brother, just defer the admission. It is allowed right now. Site Covid-19 as the reason and apply for new COE. Or you can apply to your school for reduced study load. Enrol fewer courses.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
blackchild09:

Have been checking Utas is a good choice right for social work. And also for someone moving from economics to nursing do you think the transition will be allowed plus is it masters in nursing you’ll advice the person to go for or the other nursing degree someone mentioned earlier ? Thanks
I don’t have an answer to your question you will get the right and best answer by sending a mail to the Uni you intend going to. Email the international students office of the Uni
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2021
The reason why Australian Government is refusing to open the border is because some international student still outside Australia have chosen to go with the remote study so schools are still getting some money from the fees being paid. If students who are still outside Australia choose to defer their admissions until the border is opened, there will be more pressure on Government to open the border. Like play like play, many of you will spend one year of your study outside Australia if you keep doing remote.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 9:56am On Jan 30, 2021
edkai:
The reason why Australian Government is refusing to open the border is because some international student still outside Australia have chosen to go with the remote study so schools are still getting some money from the fees being paid. If students who are still outside Australia choose to defer their admissions until the border is opened, there will be more pressure on Government to open the border. Like play like play, many of you will spend one year of your study outside Australia if you keep doing remote.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2021
edkai:

I kind of think it's better (If you have money of course) and just travel when things have eased down.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 11:02am On Jan 30, 2021
hustla:

I kind of think it's better (If you have money of course) and just travel when things have eased down.

it's stressful considering the time difference. Also, if you have already secured visa, what's the point of rushing the study when you can defer. When they open border, your visa will still be there. In the event that the duration on your visa is not long enough to cover the duration of your study, you can get a visa extension based on a new COE. This advise is especially for those wey no too get money. Don't be a cash cow for the Australian government. Right now, based on the news the government is not even sure if border will open this year despite the vaccine. And even when the border eventually opens, not all countries will be allowed in and as we all know, Nigeria is very likely going to be among the last countries to be granted access. So, for those of you who have been doing online study since last year, you might end up finishing your program while still in Nigeria. At that point, your only option will be to apply for the post graduate work visa for which you might have to wait a long time to get a grant as they'll have to consider people that are onshore first before those who are offshore.

Note: this is not to discourage anybody, just an opinion that you might want to consider while you're in the process of deciding your next steps with regards to your Australian journey. Make sure you're reading the news as well so you can make an informed decision.

At the end of the day, each person's situation is unique and every decision should be tailored towards ones specific goals/targets.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 11:10am On Jan 30, 2021
Solitin40:

Advice is just take a break at least one semester send the school a mail that you are not finding it easy here that you need a break from study if not you will finish your Uni in Nigeria o my 2 cent for you
True talk
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 11:26am On Jan 30, 2021
raffyhills:

I submitted my own application on the 8th of December and it is presently on further assessment on the statute. Does anyone knows how long it takes to get to final decision status from the current status.
Secondly my course is supposed to commence by 1st of march. Do I begin d diferment process now or just wait to mid june cos I don't want a situation where d visa does not come out on time and d school telling me I can't differ anymore.
Thanks 4 anticipated response
wait until its close to the end of February. Then you can apply for deferment of your admission till July
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2021
hustla:

Nah it’s not at all because you going to miss out from the live and study in Regional area also won’t be able to get 3 years post study visa and 5 points for PR

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
edkai:
it's stressful considering the time difference. Also, if you have already secured visa, what's the point of rushing the study when you can defer. When they open border, your visa will still be there. In the event that the duration on your visa is not long enough to cover the duration of your study, you can get a visa extension based on a new COE. This advise is especially for those wey no too get money. Don't be a cash cow for the Australian government. Right now, based on the news the government is not even sure if border will open this year despite the vaccine. And even when the border eventually opens, not all countries will be allowed in and as we all know, Nigeria is very likely going to be among the last countries to be granted access. So, for those of you who have been doing online study since last year, you might end up finishing your program while still in Nigeria. At that point, your only option will be to apply for the post graduate work visa for which you might have to wait a long time to get a grant as they'll have to consider people that are onshore first before those who are offshore.

Note: this is not to discourage anybody, just an opinion that you might want to consider while you're in the process of deciding your next steps with regards to your Australian journey. Make sure you're reading the news as well so you can make an informed decision.

At the end of the day, each person's situation is unique and every decision should be tailored towards ones specific goals/targets.
Detailed and well said
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2021
Solitin40:

Nah it’s not at all because you going to miss out from the live and study in Regional area also won’t be able to get 3 years post study visa and 5 points for PR

Sure you won't be able to get 3 yrs post study? I thought thar one won't change even if you do classes online?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hustla(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2021
edkai:

100%facts
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Guru9ja(m): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good day sir/ma

Can someone list the places or city one can study that leads to PR. Its very important to me plss.

Help a soul...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Upforsex: 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2021
Good evening all. Please with a budget of 3.5m -4m, can I study in Australia? Masters in Australia. Specifically humanities. The money quoted above is the overall budget for everything till I land there. Please respond. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2021
Guru9ja:
Good day sir/ma

Can someone list the places or city one can study that leads to PR. Its very important to me plss.

Help a soul...
Lagos
Ibadan
Abuja
grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Upforsex:
Good evening all. Please with a budget of 3.5m -4m, can I study in Australia? Masters in Australia. Specifically humanities. The money quoted above is the overall budget for everything till I land there. Please respond. Thank you
School fees $15000 x #365 = #5400000/2 = #2700000
OSHC $1300+
Visa fee $500+
Flight ticket $1500
Medicals

Do the maths
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
hustla:

Sure you won't be able to get 3 yrs post study? I thought thar one won't change even if you do classes online?
1 additional year: Study completed in Regional cities and major regional centres

2 additional years: Study completed in Regional centres and other regional areas
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Redef: 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have read on this thread that studying in regional areas can boost your chance of PR.
I studied accounting in my bsc and i saw some courses like Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Health (3 years professional experience- Torrens University

Flinders University-Master of Business Administration and Master Health Administration (2years)

Uni of Tasmania-Master of Information Technology and Systems-
James cook uni- Master of Information Technology- Master of Business Administration (MIT- MBA) 2years

All these courses have health or IT which i read is in high demand
My question is after studying any of these I hope my bsc in accounting will not be an issue when applying for PR since accountants are not needed?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 1:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Solitin40:

Only Australian Citizens
Permanent Residents too and any other visa holder with approved exemption
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchman(m): 2:09am On Jan 31, 2021
Solitin40:

School fees $15000 x #365 = #5400000/2 = #2700000
OSHC $1300+
Visa fee $500+
Flight ticket $1500
Medicals

Do the maths

Hello brother,
I dont understand this school fees you wrote because all I have been seeing is A$36000 and above...

Please explain a little...
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:56am On Jan 31, 2021
uchman:

Hello brother,
I dont understand this school fees you wrote because all I have been seeing is A$36000 and above...

Please explain a little...
Thanks
That’s a rough estimate not accurate just trying to illustrate that 5m is not enough

Note don’t take my advice because am not an agent just gave a general advice
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Redef: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2021
Redef:
Hello everyone,
I have read on this thread that studying in regional areas can boost your chance of PR.
I studied accounting in my bsc and i saw some courses like Master of Business Administration and Master of Public Health (3 years professional experience- Torrens University

Flinders University-Master of Business Administration and Master Health Administration (2years)

Uni of Tasmania-Master of Information Technology and Systems-
James cook uni- Master of Information Technology- Master of Business Administration (MIT- MBA) 2years

All these courses have health or IT which i read is in high demand
My question is after studying any of these I hope my bsc in accounting will not be an issue when applying for PR since accountants are not needed?

Please help me respond so I know what to do
@edkai @solitin @aussiejoan @joan00 @bellong and other people who have been contributing their knowledge
Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 6:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Solitin40:

Lagos
Ibadan
Abuja
grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You forgot the most important one. Maiduguri cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 3:06am On Feb 01, 2021
With the current exchange rate, I’ll advice you budget 7m - 8m
Upforsex:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
However, a set of changes and initiatives are being considered by the Department to support international students in and outside Australia.

Today, 20th July 2020 acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Alan Tudge and the Minister for Education, Hon Dan Thean, have released a media statement which includes five key student visa changes to support international students who may have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

These changes include:

Restart granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia: This means that once the Australian borders re-open, international students who have been granted student visas offshore will be ready to make arrangements to travel to Australia
Free of charge student visa applications: International students who are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to COVID-19 will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge.
Online Study and Post-study work visas: Current offshore student visa holders studying online due to COVID-19 will be able to use that online study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
Post-study work visa offshore applications: Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa offshore if they are unable to return to Australia due to COVID-19.
English language requirement: Additional time will be given for candidates to provide English language results where COVID-19 has disrupted access to these services.
The above initiatives will require changes in current legislation which have not yet been released.

These changes aim to support international students and the Australian education sector in this unprecedented time. Today’s announcement by the Government is also a recognition of the contribution and importance of international students to Australia’s economy.

Source: https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/alantudge/Pages/supporting-international-students-support-australian-jobs.aspx

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by trix1: 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good afternoon All, after paying school fees, I Still have about 11.5M in an account and 7M in stocks. The Agent says this is not enough for self sponsorship, and I still need to get a sponsor, is this true?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2021
trix1:
Good afternoon All, after paying school fees, I Still have about 11.5M in an account and 7M in stocks. The Agent says this is not enough for self sponsorship, and I still need to get a sponsor, is this true?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2021
trix1:
Yes your agent is right

How do you want to fund the next semester school fees and living expenses and you are only allowed 20hr per week to work ? How do you want to convince the VO ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nene12345: 9:34am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello house please I need help, what can I study in Australia with only waec result, age 21 that will lead to pr.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ericmanny: 11:40am On Feb 03, 2021
Good morning house. This is my very first post on this platform. Can anyone give me the current bank fx exchange rate for AUD to Naira. Thank you!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
Ericmanny:
Good morning house. This is my very first post on this platform. Can anyone give me the current bank fx exchange rate for AUD to Naira. Thank you!
1 $US - #381.50
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Greatnessss(m): 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Nene12345:
Hello house please I need help, what can I study in Australia with only waec result, age 21 that will lead to pr.

Mail me bro/sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: Lushbaby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.