Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255416 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
phemmy28:

But does he now book a flight for southie and try to board directly to southie? Who for the airport wan believe say him wan get connecting flight to australia, you don't buy a ticket to a final destination that you do not have a valid visa to enter. When leaving on south african airline, you have a ticket with aussie destination and an aussie grant to go along with it. But do you take an aussie grant and try boarding a flight with final destination in southie? Reason am.
yeah right his ticket must carry Aussie as his final destination
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
[quote author=Drummerman post=58028910][/quote]

Bro, pls which school are you heading to
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Drummerman:
what happens to ur visa application when resumption date has passed before the Australian embassy approves your student visa.

Which school pleas?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Drummerman: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
University of Melbourne

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bookorlah(f): 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
PHUMEELAYO:
grin no-one can make that decision for you dear. you just have to take your time and weigh the pros and cons. I had the same dilemma; US and Australia.

Thanks dear
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bookorlah(f): 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks for this info, so kind of you. God bless you
lusen:
Before i came to Australia to commence my studies, I always ask if I will be able to pay the second year tuition through savings and intensive work as i could only afford the first year fees (no thanks to our falling naira). I always wonder why nobody gave me a straightforward answer until I came here and got to know I was only asking a jamb question. Truly, its a difficult question to answer as what worked for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B.

Yes, you can get a Job to feed yourself and pay for accommodation. It's really gonna be hard if you wanna pay school fees yourself. Its actually very possible if you are the 'hustling' type. There are people doing it. But definately, you mustn't be lazy, unnecessarily choosy nor Lilly livered. You must be strong. Very strong.. Generally, i will say, if you can afford only one year tuition, take the risk. You never know what God will do.

Note that about 70% of jobs here will require you to have a car. Bring your driving licence and plan to buy a car as soon as you land. Bring lots of money to settle down(as much as possible).
By my observation so far, Aged care/disability jobs is the best for international students. But most times, one must be certified before he/She can be employed in an aged care facility, meaning you should also try as much as possible to start the course after settling down.

Yes. truly, one should enable to find schools around the cities where there are greater job opportunities. I av peeps in the cities that are changing jobs like diapers. work full everywhere.
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and the likes.

I'm not in any of the cities I listed above. I'm in Geelong. (one hour from Melbourne). But its okay by me because apart from the low cost of living, I will grab my extra 5points when I finish my studies and start processing my PR. geelong is considered a regional area and no 5 extra points for those in big cities.

If your plan is to stay back after your studies. You must make sure you are coming to do a two-year program minimum. Also the course you are coming to study must not only be on the SOL/CSOL list, It also should be a course you think will 'stand the test of time' on the list, so you won't wake up one day and discover your course is nowhere to be found on the list.

Australia is a very beautiful place. A multicultural society. The people are very friendly. They keep smiling at you like you just won 30billion.

hope I've not written too much epistle.. Okay let me drop my pen. cheers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by PHUMEELAYO(f): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please oo, I need to ask. I am scared of driving as it is....if I learn how to drive in Nigeria (left side steering)....how easy would the transition to Australian mode (right sided) be??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:48am On Jul 03, 2017
PHUMEELAYO:
Please oo, I need to ask. I am scared of driving as it is....if I learn how to drive in Nigeria (left side steering)....how easy would the transition to Australian mode (right sided) be??
Nothing hard when you are perfect just learn it and do not stop driving until you know you are perfect just remove fear

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2017
phemmy28:

Dont think so oh...especially if you do not have a southie visa...you know
So you suggest I get SA transit visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 9:26am On Jul 03, 2017
?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 9:29am On Jul 03, 2017
phemmy28:

But does he now book a flight for southie and try to board directly to southie? Who for the airport wan believe say him wan get connecting flight to australia, you don't buy a ticket to a final destination that you do not have a valid visa to enter. When leaving on south african airline, you have a ticket with aussie destination and an aussie grant to go along with it. But do you take an aussie grant and try boarding a flight with final destination in southie? Reason am.
But if I show them the ticket from SA to Sydney to show evidence that Australia is my final destination
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 9:33am On Jul 03, 2017
Solitin40:

But if I show them the ticket from SA to Sydney to show evidence that Australia is my final destination

Risks...Risks ma sister

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2017
Hey
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2017
Solitin40:

So you suggest I get SA transit visa
i didn't know you have gotten your visa already
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Loverquin: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2017
tobe4real:

I tell u, low key tinz, bad guy

@ solitin, giv us your time line na
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weldonextreme: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
@Solitin40
Abeg give us your timeline jare. Abi u dont want to share it with us?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
weldonextreme:
@Solitin40
Abeg give us your timeline jare. Abi u dont want to share it with us?
lol I still dey expect it o I can't sly this forum I was just asking about the ticket to cut cost when visa land
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
tobe4real:
Lol bro I'm still expecting it o was asking about the ticket to know how to cut cost
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bookorlah(f): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks, don't think I can afford the tuition fee for the Msc Program. Please, is it reasonable or advisable to go for a program lower than Bsc cos all the program above Bsc are expensive. Thanks as I await your response.
Solitin40:

The two countries are good but Australia is more expensive than Canada but the visa to Canada takes time and Canada will only accept 2.1 while Australia will accept 2.2 use the web for the differences
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Solitin40:

Lol bro I'm still expecting it o was asking about the ticket to know how to cut cost
have you applied?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lokun2: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
Please house am to pay 10 thousand australian dollars and I have 2.5 million naira. I will like to know if that's enough. Please can anyone who pay his or her fee recently tell me if my estimation is right.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
lokun2:
Please house am to pay 10 thousand australian dollars and I have 2.5 million naira. I will like to know if that's enough. Please can anyone who pay his or her fee recently tell me if my estimation is right.

You will be needing around approximately 2.8million. you need to convert the 10,000aud to usd then do the calculation.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
lokun2:
you will need about 300k more
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
lokun2:
it's not enuf u are paying 7660 dollars when converted so u are paying 2.8 mill roughly
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folakemmmi(f): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
I have not paid but I have an idea of an estimate you are going to pay plus the bank charges involved. 1 AUS dollar to 1 USD is 0.77 as at July 3, 2017 ( 21:25pm) you will have to have Two Million Eight hundred and Eighty thousand naira only. Plus additional 25k for bank charges.
360= Cbn rate for Tuition fee.
360× 8000 USD= 2, 880, 000 naira.
8000 USD ÷ 0.77 = 10,389AUS dollars. This cofficient of 0.77 changes based on the exchange rate at the time you are paying. It can go down more or it can go up. It is not static. So... 2, 880,000 + 25,000 bank charge that is what you will have to budget. I hope this helps.
lokun2:

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdullahi45: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
I tried to check Google but the results seems to be very funny and not too clear. Can someone help me with a few list of the low tuition fees universities in australia for Master of Science to be precise... I hear a lot of people talking about universities agents as per Australia university admission, can someone get admitted when he applies to a school by himself without using an agent... Also, will the service rendered by the agents be free since they were found on the school website... Could someone also clarify me on the issues of points for PR and where I mean cities or towns ko an international student can most likely can part time work on study
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
folakemmmi:
Hello all, please I will like to make some inquiries about studying in australia. I am planning to apply to 1) Griffith University, Western Sydney University and Australian catholic university for occupational health and safetly or health services management, please are these good schools with accreditations?
2) A friend said its possible to work while schooling and then pay off school tuition, how possible is this? Please I will need someone to enlighten me on all these Australian study process, I have little to no Idea.
Read from page one

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by folakemmmi(f): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Jiggsbaby:

Read from page one
Will reading from page one tell me if a school is accredited or not? Please if you cant enlighten people, just scroll..its not by force for you to comment.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
abdullahi45:
I tried to check Google but the results seems to be very funny and not too clear. Can someone help me with a few list of the low tuition fees universities in australia for Master of Science to be precise... I hear a lot of people talking about universities agents as per Australia university admission, can someone get admitted when he applies to a school by himself without using an agent... Also, will the service rendered by the agents be free since they were found on the school website... Could someone also clarify me on the issues of points for PR and where I mean cities or towns ko an international student can most likely can part time work on study
Keep playing with the search bar..something will come up..always rephrase the questions when searching

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lokun2: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Thanks everyone. The challenge now is that the school wants me to pay by friday and all I have right now is 2.5 million
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
lokun2:
Thanks everyone. The challenge now is that the school wants me to pay by friday and all I have right now is 2.5 million
That cross is for u to carry alone ..I don't think there is any solution to that and u can't pay half and pay another half..the only thing I can tell u to do is to send a mail to them by Thursday and tell them ur bank is delaying and know if they can extend the time for unto be able to get the cash ..that the only possible advice I can give..tell them ur bank is delaying and u aren't sure if the would make the payment by Friday and know if the can give u an extension

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.