Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251860 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 5:03am On Nov 04, 2021
ocpaschal:
Hello room! I had a Bachelor degree in Political science (BSC) with a 3.04 cgpa. I plan for a career change and intend to change course by studying Masters in Information Technology (IT) related field.
Is it possible to do conversion course on IT in Australia?
Are there any Australia universities that allow non-computing graduates to study masters in Computer field or IT ?
Yes it is very possible and most schools accept. Just google Assessment level 1 schools in Australia and look through their requirements to make your choice.
The issue with going for a MSC degree that is different from your BSc is your ability to convince the CO (case officer) on why you are making the switch. You will need to have a very strong SOP if you were to be successful. Having a relevant work experience in the proposed field will be advantageous. Alternatively, if you want an easy way, then you could apply for a program similar to what you did in your BSC and then switch to IT after your first semester in Australia. Yes, it might cost you more money, but like i said, it's an easy way out. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mokikeoj: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Thank you so much for the detailed response. God bless you.

Mike365:
At port health they'll give you both the polio drops and the yellow fever vaccine because you need it for Australia application. The yellow card will bear details of both the polio an yellow fever vaccine.
In addition with what you're going with, go with a coloured printout of your passport data page, you'll write your name and phone number on the printout. Try and go early like around 10 to 11am, so you can get the card immediately
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ericmanny: 1:42am On Nov 06, 2021
Are Australian universities taking quarter payment now? I am very familiar with half payment method. Is this a bait or a new norm? Pls recent applicants, kindly share reply post.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by candycush(m): 8:44am On Nov 07, 2021
helenoladele:
Wow really, I have just gotten my grant through them and they did a good job for me, the thing is that most of the Universities now request for a lot of documentation and you really need to be ready especially for Australia, once you provide all your documentation to the school you won't have any problem with the visa application...and they have me an option of different universities I just made my choice.

Hello Helen '

Please what's your timeline?

When did you apply please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2021
candycush:

Hello Helen '

Please what's your timeline?

When did you apply please
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fumpat: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ericmanny:
Are Australian universities taking quarter payment now? I am very familiar with half payment method. Is this a bait or a new norm? Pls recent applicants, kindly share reply post.

Why did you say this?
I actually noticed that the required deposit is a bit low. But didn't think much of it.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ericmanny: 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
Fumpat:

Why did you say this?
I actually noticed that the required deposit is a bit low. But didn't think much of it.

A friend got a conditional offer letter. It required him to pay 1/4th of first year tuition fee, instead of the regular half. I am just wondering and want to be sure if it’s the new normal.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bruxxels: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
In addition, Australian Institute Of Engineering
This is a good option for tech students looking cheap Engr college in Australia. The tuition fees for the whole programme are cheap. It is located in regional area and you can apply for regional relocation scholarship as an international student. The only thing I observed is that you may have to apply via agents, maybe you can apply directly to the college , I am not sure. You need to find out yourself. Find the links and attachment and explore.
https://www.auie.edu.au/pre-enrolment-information/
https://www.dese.gov.au/destination-australia/resources/destination-australia-2021-list-successful-providers

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sholly25: 6:26am On Nov 09, 2021
hi,
can anyone suggest an affordable school that offers scholarships for second-class lower students?

thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mike365: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2021
Hello everyone, my VISA grant just dropped.
The process:
Application submitted on July 8 2021. Biometrics at VFS on July 14. Health Assessment at IOM on August 5. VISA grant on November 9. Total time period 4 months (my application was not queried)
Documents submitted:
1. Identity Documents - Passport data page, NIN slip, Driver's licence
2. OSHC from medibank - health insurance
3. CV & reference letter from work
4. Copy of CoE
5. Evidence of funding
6. Research proposal for the PhD programme & Evidence of publications
7. GTE letter & supporting documents - C of O of relations house, CAC documents of relations business
8. B.SC & M.Sc transcripts and certificates
9. Professional certifications

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has been very helpful and I wish every applicant all the best and a swift VISA grant

8 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Froshloaded: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mike365:
[b]The process:[/b]t
Congrats chief
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fumpat: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mike365:
The process:
Application submitted on July 8 2021. Biometrics at VFS on July 14. Health Assessment at IOM on August 5. VISA grant on November 9. Total time period 4 months (my application was not queried)
Documents submitted:
4. Copy of CoE
5. Evidence of funding
7. GTE letter & supporting documents - C of O of relations house, CAC documents of relations business

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. It has been very helpful and I wish every applicant all the best and a swift VISA grant

Praise God!!! I rejoice with you. Congratulations!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ahdahese(f): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mike365:
The process:
Documents submitted:
4. Copy of CoE
5. Evidence of funding

Congratulations bro....
Please how much did you show for funds?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mike365: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
I didn't show any personal funds as I am being sponsored by the school

ahdahese:

Congratulations bro....
Please how much did you show for funds?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by candycush(m): 8:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mike365:
The process:
Documents submitted:
4. Copy of CoE
5. Evidence of funding

Big congratulations bro.. May the testimony go round... May all those waiting receive SPEEDY GRANTS..AMEN
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dereformer(m): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Greetings,

Please I have an important question to ask,

How much USD is one allowed to travel out of the country with in cash?

I have been buying usd bit by bit and saving same in my personal dollar account.

I have saved up to 10k usd. But someone told me I can't carry more than 4k usd.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Dereformer:
Greetings,

Please I have an important question to ask,

How much USD is one allowed to travel out of the country with in cash?

I have been buying usd bit by bit and saving same in my personal dollar account.

I have saved up to 10k usd. But someone told me I can't carry more than 4k usd.

The best and safest option is to open an Australian bank account in Nigeria, then transfer your funds to the account and activate it upon arrival in Australia.

I am aware that you can open accounts with ANZ, COMM Bank, and NAB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2021
Solitin40:

The best and safest option is to open an Australian bank account in Nigeria, then transfer your funds to the account and activate it upon arrival in Australia.

I am aware that you can open accounts with ANZ, COMM Bank, and NAB.

Is this true? I am hearing this for the first time.

Where can one open australian bank account in Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ahdahese(f): 1:01am On Nov 11, 2021
Mike365:
I didn't show any personal funds as I am being sponsored by the school

Okay bro...
Congrats once more
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:02am On Nov 11, 2021
Naijabad:

Yes, this is 100% accurate; I used this technique when I moved to Australia years ago.

Please refer to the following links:

https://www.nab.com.au/personal/travel-and-overseas-banking/open-account-from-overseas

https://www.commbank.com.au/banking/ready-to-apply/international-students.html

https://www.anz.com.au/personal/bank-accounts/everyday-accounts/moving-to-australia/en/?sourcecode 1=BTH000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Softkey(m): 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yes it is true. You can open COMBANK online and you’ll get the BSB and Account no. Upon arrival, you go to the bank physical with your identity to activate it.

I did this for my wife.
Naijabad:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mokikeoj: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
Please I would like to find out if an elderly person visiting Australia is required to take the yellow fever and polio vaccines or if they are exempted.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eziamaraobi: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2021
AyaE:
NPC means national population census abi commission. I'm not sure. I know it costs about 13k and it gets ready after 2weeks. That's what I submitted as proof of relationship between my mum and sponsor. Also for marriage certificate (since my mum lost hers).

You don't seem to have a lot of 'potentially risky' documents. That's good since you want to change the age. I wish you all the best. Also, proving your 7year gap year is not a problem. You were in school at that time so it covers for it.
All the best!

Thanks for the response i so much appreciate it .
I don’t have int’l passport ,never done it before , reason is because I know this kind of problem will surface in the......]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eziamaraobi: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Please can I have a sample of your sop, I am in similar situation. Pls forward to eziamaraobi@yahoo.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lucasmoura04: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Alhamdulilahi Robil Al-amin (He has done it again). Hi there colleagues, my VISA grant just dropped. In shaa Allah, yours is coming soon.

The sojourn:
Applied to the University of Melbourne on the 20th September 2020.
Got Melbourne Research Scholarship (fully funded) on the 23 of March, 2021
Deferred to 1, November 2021 due to australia boarder closure.
Application submitted on July 14 2021.
Biometrics on July 19, 2021
Health Assessment at IOM on August 23, 2021.
S56 Request for More Information on November 4, 2021 (new COE and updated OSHC)
Information updated on November 15, 2021.
Correction of mistake on IMMI account on November 16, 2021
VISA grant on November 17, 2021 (8:09 a.m.)

Documents submitted:
1. Identity documents - old and new passport data page, birth certificate, statutory declaration of age.
2. Health Insurance - verification letter
3. CV
4. Supervisor Letter of Support (this was used when applying for scholarship)
4. Copy of CoE
5. Evidence of funding (provided by faculty)
6. Evidence of publication
7. GTE letter
8. SSCE, B.SC & M.Sc transcripts and certificates,
9. Letter of awards,
10. Medium of instructions,
11. Conference letter,
12. Recently completed msc admission letter and scholarship letter.
9. VISA and residence permit of countries visited in the last three years.
10. PhD offer letter
11. NYSC certificate
12. Personal statement of account  (1.8 million Nigerian Naira)
13. Yellow Card (uploaded after submission)

Always put faith in God.

I wish everyone a great success too. All the best.

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by candycush(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
lucasmoura04:
Alhamdulilahi Robil Al-amin (He has done it again). Hi there colleagues, my VISA grant just dropped. In shaa Allah, yours is coming soon.

The sojourn:

Documents submitted:
1. Identity documents - old and new passport data page, birth certificate, statutory declaration of age.
3. CV
4. Copy of CoE
7. GTE letter
9. Letter of awards,
11. Conference letter,
10. PhD offer letter
11. NYSC certificate

Always put faith in God.

This is the kind of news I love to wake up to.. Glory to God. It will end in praise for all the other hopefuls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Xkoba: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
Elders in the house,

I did my medicals at Fatayi clinic two weeks ago. However, my profile still reads examination in progress. Does anyone encounter a similar situation?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Xkoba: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Congrats!!!!
[quote author=lucasmoura04 post=107701248]Alhamdulilahi Robil Al-amin (He has done it again). Hi there colleagues, my VISA grant just dropped. In shaa Allah, yours is coming soon.

The sojourn:
VISA grant on November 17,
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
When will Australia open the gaddem border for international students from Nigeria?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sisi042: 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
lucasmoura04:

The sojourn:

Documents submitted:
3. CV
4. Copy of CoE
7. GTE letter
9. Letter of awards,
11. Conference letter,
10. PhD offer letter
11. NYSC certificate

Always put faith in God.

@lucasmoura04
Congratulations �! This is amazing.
I have some questions;
Please what was the ELIGIBLE degree for this scholarship? First class or 2.1
Can one travel with their spouse through this means of migration via studies?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 12:34am On Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations to you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 1:01am On Nov 20, 2021
Good evening everyone. Congratulations to you all who have been granted study visas. May the good God also do for all of us who are yet to receive visa grants.
Please I will need your opinion on this. I applied to the University of Tasmania in July this year for the master of Information technology and systems, in less than 5days I was offered admission. However, I was a little busy with work and I didn't have time to respond to further documentation and plus the fact that the border was not seen to be opened previously.
I decided to accept my offer a few days ago. Note that my senior brother who leaves in Australia has offered to sponsor the entire program for me, and he forwarded a guarantee/sponsor letter and his bank statement of the sum of 167k+AUD. While filling the GTE form attached, I indicated I was a sponsored student. Then I was prompted to select the category of my sponsor from the list. I selected "others" since it is an individual sponsorship and not from the government and or some organization.

I uploaded the documents in accepting the offer. After a few minutes, I saw on my page that "Payment-Waived". Please see the attached document. I do not understand what they meant by "Payment-Waived". Please if you can kindly help to throw more light. Thank you.

I have a few questions.
1. Will I be required to also submit a personal bank statement?
2. If yes, how much is expected for me to have in the account?
3. I am married with a son. Although I am applying alone for now. The aim is to apply for them once I receive my visa grant. My wife is working with one of the Fed Govt agencies. I have also submitted her employment letter and pension statement as well as mine for evidence of employment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.