Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1257258 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 12:14am On Aug 10, 2023
Khabeeratt:
Good evening everyone.
Please I am new here and I need clarification about something. My husband was given a multiple entry visiting visa for Australia. We booked a flight for Sydney through Qatar airways. What I want to know is the visa information is visible on VEVO but d person who applied for him is saying he has to go through Malaysia to Australia. The question is it possible for a visa that is on VEVO not to be valid. We are thinking there is a foul play. We don't want him to get to AUS and be denied entry.
Is there anyone that can help me clarify this please
You can book your flight from anywhere to come to Australia as long as the country you are transiting through doesn't require you to get a transit visa. I am suspecting the agent mentioned in your husband's visa application that he will be taking a trip to Malaysia prior to entering Australia. Hence, the reason why he might have asked your husband to go via Malaysia in case he is being questioned.

Whatever route your husband decides to take is his choice.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amoshine(m): 2:08am On Aug 10, 2023
Hey beautiful people,

Is it possible to be self sponsored to study in Australia? If yes, how much do you need to show as POF (is it same amount with being sponsored by relative or different?)? Does it impact your chances of getting visa? I will appreciate some candid advice from those who were successful or unsuccessful, as the case maybe, when trying to self sponsor.

Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chomyg: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2023
Good morning my people, please which type of IELT is required for skilled visa?
Can PTE academics be written in Abuja because I didn’t see any Abuja test center on their website?
Is PTE Academics accepted for both Study and PR ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ernest93: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2023
Amoshine:
Hey beautiful people,

Is it possible to be self sponsored to study in Australia? If yes, how much do you need to show as POF (is it same amount with being sponsored by relative or different?)? Does it impact your chances of getting visa? I will appreciate some candid advice from those who were successful or unsuccessful, as the case maybe, when trying to self sponsor.

Thanks.

1. Yes it is possible to self sponsor as long as you have enough funds to show for it.
2. You must have funds for your 1st semester tuition(atleast), living expenses ($21,041), health insurance, and travel cost ($2,000). With the current float in Fx, you should be looking at N30m+ as POF for a single person. You also need to show how this funds were gotten. If you are employed, your payslip from the organization you work for must be included.
3. The amount is expected to be more when using a sponsor. It is assumed that a sponsor should be doing better for him to be able to sponsor you. Ofcourse you don’t expect a sponsor to give out all the funds in his account and not have anything left for himself to survive with. So your sponsor should have more funds in their account.
4. Yes POF impacts on your visa outcome. In fact, it’s one of the major reasons for visa refusals.

I hope this helps. Others can also add to this if I missed out on anything.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amoshine(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ernest93:

1. Yes it is possible to self sponsor as long as you have enough funds to show for it.
2. You must have funds for your 1st semester tuition(atleast), living expenses ($21,041), health insurance, and travel cost ($2,000). With the current float in Fx, you should be looking at N30m+ as POF for a single person. You also need to show how this funds were gotten. If you are employed, your payslip from the organization you work for must be included.
3. The amount is expected to be more when using a sponsor. It is assumed that a sponsor should be doing better for him to be able to sponsor you. Ofcourse you don’t expect a sponsor to give out all the funds in his account and not have anything left for himself to survive with. So your sponsor should have more funds in their account.
4. Yes POF impacts on your visa outcome. In fact, it’s one of the major reasons for visa refusals.

I hope this helps. Others can also add to this if I missed out on anything.

Thank you.

Thanks for this bro, I appreciate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gbops: 3:07am On Aug 11, 2023
Pls kindly add me too.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Simesther: 7:56am On Aug 11, 2023
4everEdward:
Please who knows the app to change Aud to naira here in Australia please can someone pls recommend

Accessremit
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nanapero: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2023
Hi I’m new here and have some questions please.
I graduated with 2.78 ago in mathematics, is it possible to secure masters scholarship with my cgpa.?
Also What’s the possibility of doing masters in Any IT course with my mathematics degree?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Firebox: 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2023
Good day,please is there anyone in Deakin University, I honestly need help with accomodation. I cant afford bond and rent together. I need a room to rent where I can just continue sumones lease so I don't need to pay Bond.. just basic rent..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2023
Icesnow:
can an adult apply for diploma in Nursing as well? Which universities would u suggest pls? Thanks

Yes you can, provided you don't have a bachelor's degree. However, getting a visa on the other hand might be tricky due to the migration act.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2023
Prowess007:
Thanks for the post.
I noticed this visa was granted within a month as opposed to the usual 2months for many others.
Pleas, are u implying that u cant move into Aussie on student visa until about 28days before your school resumption?
For instance, if I have a visa for November, can't I move in July?

I have heard cases of people saying you can move 3 months prior to the start of school sessions
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2023
Firebox:
Good day,please is there anyone in Deakin University, I honestly need help with accomodation. I cant afford bond and rent together. I need a room to rent where I can just continue sumones lease so I don't need to pay Bond.. just basic rent..

Unfortunately, this will be extremely hard to get. You will need bond plus 4 weeks rent to secure a place.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2023
Stanboy0813:
I got admission for June, 2023 and later deferred to January, 2024 intake. I have gotten an updated CoE, submitted all my documents, paid visa fee but my agent is insisting that they cannot start my visa application until at least 3 months to the resumption date.

Please what do you think guys

I don't think you should wait. It's almost september, the year is almost gone. Make sure they put in your application as soon as possible. There have been cases of people waiting 3 months + for the visa grant

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 7:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
AussieJoan:

Yes you can, provided you don't have a bachelor's degree. However, getting a visa on the other hand might be tricky due to the migration act.
Thanks for your response. I do av a Bachelor and Masters degree but not in science. I want a career change
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:01am On Aug 14, 2023
Icesnow:
Thanks for your response. I do av a Bachelor and Masters degree but not in science. I want a career change

Then go for the masters in nursing practice. It's a 2 year degree and you'll get your license as a nurse in Australia.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Icesnow(f): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2023
AussieJoan:

Then go for the masters in nursing practice. It's a 2 year degree and you'll get your license as a nurse in Australia.
Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ideyaussie: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2023
Good morning house, pls I need guidline wrote ielts 2021 had 6.0 overall band, it would be expiring nexy month, presently am 33, with just olevel result, i also have an Alevel jupeb result is their any chance of me getting to Australia

Pls house help me out
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ideyaussie: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2023
AussieJoan:

Good morning bro, pls I need guidline wrote ielts 2021 had 6.0 overall band, it would be expiring nexy month, presently am 33, with just olevel result, i also have an Alevel jupeb result is their any chance of me getting to Australia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Usefulsense: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2023
AussieJoan:

I will advice she go for Masters of social work.

Moving from a non science related discipline to a science related one may not be that easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bamise96: 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mrajah231:

2 months plus
When applying for visa, what documents did you submit?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 4:24am On Aug 16, 2023
AussieJoan:

I don't think you should wait. It's almost september, the year is almost gone. Make sure they put in your application as soon as possible. There have been cases of people waiting 3 months + for the visa grant

Start your visa application as quickly as possible
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ernest93: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
This group has been quiet with visa grants. Are there no June visa applicants?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Akanaba1: 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
I applied late June, no response yet.
Ernest93:
This group has been quiet with visa grants. Are there no June visa applicants?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kingsleek26(m): 3:14am On Aug 17, 2023
What date in June did you apply because this Australia visa grant is because something else. They seem not to be granting Nigerians as fast as they do for others

Akanaba1:
I applied late June, no response yet.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Akanaba1: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Congratulations to me. I got my visa this morning. Application lodged 26th June. Medical 4th July. Biometrics 5th July. Grant 17th August. One month and three weeks. I wish every awaiting applicants success. Cheers 🥂
kingsleek26:
What date in June did you apply because this Australia visa grant is because something else. They seem not to be granting Nigerians as fast as they do for others

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Akanaba1:
Congratulations to me. I got my visa this morning. Application lodged 26th June. Medical 4th July. Biometrics 5th July. Grant 17th August. One month and three weeks. I wish every awaiting applicants success. Cheers 🥂

Congratulations boss🎉🎉

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by utrills(f): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
kingsleek26:

Congratulations. I tap ooo

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2023
congratulations bro. what school and course did u apply for?
Akanaba1:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Akanaba1: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2023
UNSW, LLM Corporate and Commercial Law
Douleh27:
congratulations bro. what school and course did u apply for?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ernest93: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2023
Akanaba1:

Ahah….. Some good news at last. Congratulations bro/sis. I tap into your testimony.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ideyaussie: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
Ernest93:

Ahah….. Some good news at last. Congratulations bro/sis. I tap into your testimony.
Bro pls help a soul out

I wrote ielts 2021 had 6.0 overall band, it would be expiring nexy month, presently am 33, with just olevel result, i also have an Alevel jupeb result is their any chance of me getting to Australia
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 3:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
my suggestion for you would be to talk to an education agent for proper advisory
Ideyaussie:

Bro pls help a soul out

I wrote ielts 2021 had 6.0 overall band, it would be expiring nexy month, presently am 33, with just olevel result, i also have an Alevel jupeb result is their any chance of me getting to Australia

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.