Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250465 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oraj: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Firebox:
VISA GRANTED
lodged 25th of MAY
granted 27th of july

Congratulations bro, can we connect. I have some questions

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oraj: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ngumex:
Waiting for Visa response can be really stressful.
So never start dey stress Yet. Save the anxiety for later. Cos you go need am. Ajee!

The stress no be here oo… I don tire

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oraj: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please, how long should GTE statement be. I need to know if my agent is doing the right thing.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 1:18am On Jul 29, 2023
Hi guys.
My friend applied for her visa on the 26th of may and got her grant on 27th of July. However the school asked her to defer her admission till next intake on or before 24th of July, which she did. Now the problem is, she got her visa with her old COE, and is yet to receive a new COE because of the school is taking time. What would you guys suggest she does or perhaps as anyone faced this scenario before.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shyboy187: 4:47am On Jul 29, 2023
Pappibearr:
Hi guys.
My friend applied for her visa on the 26th of may and got her grant on 27th of July. However the school asked her to defer her admission till next intake on or before 24th of July, which she did. Now the problem is, she got her visa with her old COE, and is yet to receive a new COE because of the school is taking time. What would you guys suggest she does or perhaps as anyone faced this scenario before.

she has to upload her new COE when she receives it.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 7:11am On Jul 29, 2023
shyboy187:

she has to upload her new COE when she receives it.

Despite the visa being granted already?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 8:54am On Jul 29, 2023
Pappibearr:

Despite the visa being granted already?

She can just upload it to her immi account, I don't think it will affect her visa status.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Prowess007: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
Thanks for the post.
I noticed this visa was granted within a month as opposed to the usual 2months for many others.
Pleas, are u implying that u cant move into Aussie on student visa until about 28days before your school resumption?
For instance, if I have a visa for November, can't I move in July?

shyboy187:
Hey Guys!!!

My student visa is finally out. sorry I meant my younger brother's visa lol.

Applied on May 24th
Not sure when biometrics/medicals were completed.
But Visa came out June 27th. However, school was meant to start 21st July at the latest, so he had to defer to next trimester. So I reckon he will have to wait and come in 28 days before his new resumption date.

I will come here from time to time to answer any question around school, arriving Australia and general living in australia questions.

Wish you all the best outcomes in your pursuits.

Cheers
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samlakin: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
Sometimes it is possible you get a visa approved within a month if your start date is close.

I don't think you need to rush, work is not immediate, bills here are not negotiable. Your 1m can finish in one month if you don't get something immediately.

Take your time and plan well.

Good luck.

Good
Prowess007:
Thanks for the post.
I noticed this visa was granted within a month as opposed to the usual 2months for many others.
Pleas, are u implying that u cant move into Aussie on student visa until about 28days before your school resumption?
For instance, if I have a visa for November, can't I move in July?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sukku: 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2023
penitential:
The 30million is the proof of fund required.

Because of the currency float, it has increased fork 18m -20m initial proof of funds.

My predicament right now, UNE from 18m+ to 32m, passed GTE though. I am supposed to pay initial deposit to get my CoE and apply for visa.

Where I wan from see 9m+ to update my statement. But God dey!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OvaSabi1(f): 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2023
What’s the current bank rate for 1 AUD to Naira?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sukku: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
OvaSabi1:
What’s the current bank rate for 1 AUD to Naira?
Oanda 516/AUD as at today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by samlaura16: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
If you have a long layover like me (20 hours) . You are entitled to get a visa to stay in a hotel for free, get free meals (buffet) and tour Doha (Qatar airways).

This might be helpful to someone

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samlakin: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2023
My small advise for potential migrant to Australia via study

If you plan to come to AUS, try scholarship PhD or Masters (thou highly competitive) but you can always get one. I have some colleagues who don't have a single publication and are admitted for PhD.

Your second choice should be masters by research (self sponsor). This will give you the opportunity to work without limit and will give the ability to raise enough money to pay your school fees conveniently.

The third option which is the professional master (self sponsor) has a limit to work (48hrs/fortnight). This is good if you are coming with a partner who can work unlimited hours and will support you. It will be challenging if you don't have a partner to support you as your 48hrs/fortnight may not provide you with necessary fund to pay your school fees but you can still manage to push through.

Take for example $30/hrs X 1 month/96hrs will give you a total of $2880 excluding tax. Rent will take like $800, feeding $300, others $100, total $1200. So you can only save an average of 1,500 in a month if you leave moderately. Now ask if that is enough to keep for school fees.

However, you can mitigate this challenge by working all round during holidays, cut your cost by searching for free things online (you can get anything including laptop, phones etc.), let you family members and friends know that you cannot afford to send them anything for now, spend when necessary.

This information is not to discourage anyone but to get you prepared for the challenges it hold.

Last last you go still survive am!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dedoyinadel: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dedoyinadel: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Please how long did it take you to get your GTE assessment done I’m also going to torrens uni Surry hills campus, I dropped my document since June and I have gotten a positive response on my GTE they said they are still trying to verify from bank please how long did yours because I’m staring to get really worried
samlaura16:
VISA GRANT ALERT

Visa lodged: 19th May
Biometrics: 25th May
Medicals: 1st June
Visa grant: 21st July
School: Torrens University, Surry Hills Campus Sydney

Ought to resume July 17th but deferred to September 17th due to visa delay

To those waiting, it will end in praise
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by utrills(f): 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samlakin:

If you plan to come to AUS, try scholarship PhD or Masters (thou highly competitive) but you can always get one. I have some colleagues who don't have a single publication and are admitted for PhD.

Your second choice should be masters by research (self sponsor). This will give you the opportunity to work without limit and will give the ability to raise enough money to pay your school fees conveniently.

The third option which is the professional master (self sponsor) has a limit to work (48hrs/fortnight). This is good if you are coming with a partner who can work unlimited hours and will support you. It will be challenging if you don't have a partner to support you as your 48hrs/fortnight may not provide you with necessary fund to pay your school fees but you can still manage to push through.

Take for example $30/hrs X 1 month/96hrs will give you a total of $2880 excluding tax. Rent will take like $800, feeding $300, others $100, total $1200. So you can only save an average of 1,500 in a month if you leave moderately. Now ask if that is enough to keep for school fees.

However, you can mitigate this challenge by working all round during holidays, cut your cost by searching for free things online (you can get anything including laptop, phones etc.), let you family members and friends know that you cannot afford to send them anything for now, spend when necessary.

This information is not to discourage anyone but to get you prepared for the challenges it hold.

Thanks very much for this.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by utrills(f): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
Samlakin:

The third option which is the professional master (self sponsor) has a limit to work (48hrs/fortnight). good if you are coming with a partner who can work unlimited hours and will support you. It will be challenging if you don't have a partner to support you as your 48hrs/fortnight may not provide you with necessary fund to pay your school fees but you can still manage to push through.

Can someone change from professional masters to masters in research after 6months of study in Australia.

Also, I was given a packaged course which I will do graduate certificate for 6months before starting my masters proper. I am considering taking a trade course
like Commercial Cookery ,because it's cheaper.
and also for PR. What do you advise? Can we connect more in email.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samlakin: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
I am just two months old in AUS and don't have any idea about your questions. However, I doubt if you will be able to convert to master by research.
utrills:

Can someone change from professional masters to masters in research after 6months of study in Australia.

Also, I was given a packaged course which I will do graduate certificate for 6months before starting my masters proper. I am considering taking a trade course
like Commercial Cookery ,because it's cheaper.
and also for PR. What do you advise? Can we connect more in email.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tochi0155: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2023
Samlakin:

Nice update. Weldone

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by martinscaleb: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hello everyone.. please and Please, can anyone issue an advise to me on what to do.
My Australian study visa got rejected today on the grounds of GTE. The case officer stated that he isn’t sure I will be back home due to the socioeconomic and civil situation in my home country (Nigeria) even though I stated my strong ties back home (parents, siblings and wife).

Mind you, I am not even living in Nigeria, I reside in Netherlands. Please how do I go about this? I have a brother in australia and he used an education agent in australia to apply for me.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2023
martinscaleb:
Hello everyone.. please and Please, can anyone issue an advise to me on what to do.
My Australian study visa got rejected today on the grounds of GTE. The case officer stated that he isn’t sure I will be back home due to the socioeconomic and civil situation in my home country (Nigeria) even though I stated my strong ties back home (parents, siblings and wife).

Mind you, I am not even living in Nigeria, I reside in Netherlands. Please how do I go about this? I have a brother in australia and he used an education agent in australia to apply for me.
Im so sorry about this brother, you might have to reapply again or request for a refund from the school. I also applied for social work but my case officer requested for some other documents yesterday .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by libertyboss: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
Pappibearr:

Im so sorry about this brother, you might have to reapply again or request for a refund from the school. I also applied for social work but my case officer requested for some other documents yesterday .

Which date did you lodge your Visa?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by martinscaleb: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
Pappibearr:

Thanks bro.. I wish you luck.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2023
what university did u apply to? also do u have a paid employment or business that u used for the GTE
martinscaleb:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
libertyboss:

Which date did you lodge your Visa?

June 5
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by CommonPerson: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please gurus in the house...

Is University of Tasmania and Masters in Environmental management a good place to start with?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ernest93: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2023
martinscaleb:

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Asides your spouse, siblings and parents, what other home ties did you show?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samlakin: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
Sorry about this,

Even with the economic situation in Nigeria, Visa is still be issued to Nigerians.

I have always encouraged friends to apply for Visa themselves. This thing is not difficult to do. My GTE is less than 300 words and it shows consistency with my documents and experience.

Asking someone to write a GTE for you or copy from someone is not a good one. This immigration officers are trained psychologist and can easy detect inconsistency.

Please make sure you write you GTE yourself even if an agent is applying for you. It gives you the opportunity m to genuinely speak to you application.
martinscaleb:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by utrills(f): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
martinscaleb:

Too bad my dear. It's well. You can retry
Let's connect on email,Let's see if there are mistakes made that needs to be corrected in your next application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by utrills(f): 7:15pm On Aug 01, 2023
CommonPerson:
Please gurus in the house...

Is University of Tasmania and Masters in Environmental management a good place to start with?

There is no work in Tasmania +too much cold. Look for other places like Adelaide,Queensland etc if you must be in a regional area, unless u have a sponsor somewhere paying your fees.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by martinscaleb: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
utrills:

Too bad my dear. It's well. You can retry
Let's connect on email,Let's see if there are mistakes made that needs to be corrected in your next application.

Okay.. please can you give me your email or WhatsApp number?

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.