Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,367 members, 7,836,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1261976 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
congrats man. Godwilling we will join u in celebrating ours soon as well.
dejipowell:
Just here to share my testimony too and encourage everyone that has started the process or waitingโ€™ for visa and i pray, you guys will receive the good news soon.

I applied for a student visa on the 29th July
Did my Biometric and Medicals on the 14th August
Visa was granted on the 19th September.
This will be everyone story too ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hamstrong001(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2023
AussieJoan:

If the school is refering you to an agent, then you don't have much of a choice and will have to apply via the agent.

Which school can I apply to in Australia without an Agent?

Anybody's response will be highly appreciated as well.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Thanks

Would you be applying for the masters degree?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Roddy001: 5:26am On Sep 28, 2023
Pls is 16m enough for my study permit application after paying 7m first semester for a 2 year course
Please I want to know before proceeding ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿฅน

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Thanks

Im not sure there is any (I stand to be corrected though). At least all the ones I checked always deffered me back to agents because of genuine temporary entrant . Hope that helps
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pappibearr: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2023
Roddy001:
Pls is 16m enough for my study permit application after paying 7m first semester for a 2 year course
Please I want to know before proceeding ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿฅน

Someone was rejected about two days ago or so because he had a balance of 17m in his account . If you school is a AL1 school, they might let it slide, but to be on a safer side please make it about 30m. my school was an AL1 school at the time I applied, yet they still requested for me to send my bank statement.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hamstrong001(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2023
AussieJoan:

Would you be applying for the masters degree?

Yes boss
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 11:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
Hamstrong001:

Yes boss

Some universities in Victoria don't require you to use an agent for the masters program. It all depends on the school and what course you're applying for.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by frank2zee: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2023
Hi guys,
Please I'm a little bit confused and frustrated at the moment.

Is it that Aussie no longer accept self-sponsorship for student visa application. Almost all the agents I'm contacting are saying I must be sponsored by someone preferably a family member but I wish to sponsor myself and have all funds in my account as POF.

Isn't this possible anymore?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
frank2zee:
Hi guys,
Please I'm a little bit confused and frustrated at the moment.

Is it that Aussie no longer accept self-sponsorship for student visa application. Almost all the agents I'm contacting are saying I must be sponsored by someone preferably a family member but I wish to sponsor myself and have all funds in my account as POF.

Isn't this possible anymore?

You can definitely sponsor yourself if you have the funds.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Hamstrong001(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
AussieJoan:

Some universities in Victoria don't require you to use an agent for the masters program. It all depends on the school and what course you're applying for.

Thanks for the info boss....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chidi4sam(m): 4:52am On Sep 30, 2023
Are you planning to study in Australia?

From 1 October 2023, you will need to show that you have genuine access to a minimum of AU$24,505 to cover your living costs and expenses during the first 12 months of your stay in Australia.

For a step-by-step guide, visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500#HowTo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good evening all.
I want to apply for a master's program in Australia, but my challenge is if I should use self funding or sponsorship.

I can afford a 1 year tuition fees, living can expenses and other fees.

My fear is, if they will grant my visa with just 1 year POF since it's a 2 years program and I am sponsoring myself.

If I choose to use a sponsor, I don't have a sibling who can show from his pay slip such volume of funds. They earn less than a 100k.

Please I will need you advice.
Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2023
Please does the 28m include the first initial tuition fees deposit?

Douleh27:
u will need around 28m naira and above for proof of funds only
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wonder1844:
Good evening all.
I want to apply for a master's program in Australia, but my challenge is if I should use self funding or sponsorship.

I can afford a 1 year tuition fees, living can expenses and other fees.

My fear is, if they will grant my visa with just 1 year POF since it's a 2 years program and I am sponsoring myself.

If I choose to use a sponsor, I don't have a sibling who can show from his pay slip such volume of funds. They earn less than a 100k.

Please I will need you advice.
Thank you.

If you can self sponsor and show approx. 25k then go for it. You'll be given a visa for the entirety of your studies
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2023
Thank you. But do you mean 25 million naira?

AussieJoan:

If you can self sponsor and show approx. 25k then go for it. You'll be given a visa for the entirety of your studies
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
Wonder1844:
Thank you. But do you mean 25 million naira?

I meant $25,000

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
No, the initial deposit is excluded. What you need to show is 24,500 aud, the rest of the school fee for 1 year and 3000 dollars, that should make up your proof of funds. Roughly 30m naira and above
Wonder1844:

Please does the 28m include the first initial tuition fees deposit?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by austino2018: 5:15am On Oct 03, 2023
I need candid advice as to the course of study to choose and a choice of University that would add to my PR. I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering and worked as a QHSE personnel for close to nine years. On the flip side, I learned some coding some years back and would love to apply for a master's program in software engineering in Australia. Do you think I stand a chance of getting admitted for this program. Which school is best fit, considering the idea is also to apply for PR
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:52am On Oct 05, 2023
austino2018:
I need candid advice as to the course of study to choose and a choice of University that would add to my PR. I studied Electrical/Electronics Engineering and worked as a QHSE personnel for close to nine years. On the flip side, I learned some coding some years back and would love to apply for a master's program in software engineering in Australia. Do you think I stand a chance of getting admitted for this program. Which school is best fit, considering the idea is also to apply for PR

There are numerous excellent schools that provide that program. Your choice will depend on what's important to you, such as being near urban or rural areas, living costs, and tuition fees.

When it comes to permanent residency (PR), it's advisable to pursue your studies in a state with a higher likelihood of obtaining PR. To guide your decision, examine the PR allocation quotas and priority professions for each state for the previous years. Although this doesn't forecast future trends, it offers a clear picture of what to expect.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stanboy0813(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2023
This whole Australian thing is becoming confusing by the day.
I was offered 15% scholarships.
Paid deposit : 12,069 AUD

Balance : 12,591 AUD
Travel expenses : 3000AUD
Living Expenses: 24,505 AUD

Total = AUD40,096

The current official rate of the AUD to Naira today is (1AUD to 488naira).
Let's say it increases to 520 - 530 in the future.
40,096 ร— 520 = 20.8million naira.
How safe is this POF ? Abi Is it compulsory for everyone applying to Australia must have 30million naira as POF
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stanboy0813(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2023
dejipowell:
Just here to share my testimony too and encourage everyone that has started the process or waitingโ€™ for visa and i pray, you guys will receive the good news soon.

I applied for a student visa on the 29th July
Did my Biometric and Medicals on the 14th August
Visa was granted on the 19th September.
This will be everyone story too ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Congrats to you. I claim this as my own story.

Please which school and how much did you submit as POF?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 11:51am On Oct 05, 2023
the reason why its good to have more is because they dont believe ur sponsor should invest all they have in their account just for ur study purposes. so its good to have a few more millions other than the one u calculated
Stanboy0813:
This whole Australian thing is becoming confusing by the day.
I was offered 15% scholarships.
Paid deposit : 12,069 AUD

Balance : 12,591 AUD
Travel expenses : 3000AUD
Living Expenses: 24,505 AUD

Total = AUD40,096

The current official rate of the AUD to Naira today is (1AUD to 488naira).
Let's say it increases to 520 - 530 in the future.
40,096 ร— 520 = 20.8million naira.
How safe is this POF ? Abi Is it compulsory for everyone applying to Australia must have 30million naira as POF

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gista01: 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
Good evening All, please is it possible to get to Australia after orientation week. Visa came out yesterday and flight tickets is crazy. The cheapest I am getting is late October after my school orientation week.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Douleh27: 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
yes u can, just inform the school. what uni did u apply for and what course. do you mind if i mail u.
Gista01:
Good evening All, please is it possible to get to Australia after orientation week. Visa came out yesterday and flight tickets is crazy. The cheapest I am getting is late October after my school orientation week.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Samstan4: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2023
Coming to Australia is getting tougher by the day, may GOD continue to show people trying to come here mercy
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Flames000(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2023
Gista01:
No fear.. just email the school and probably your department. You can join the orientation online and come in a little later. Youโ€™d still be alright..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DosaGl: 4:33am On Oct 08, 2023
Hi All,

Looking for accommodation in some Cities including but not only limited to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra in Australia?

Then use the link below:

https:///3YtQbNx

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tunlex01(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2023
austino2018:

Why not just apply directly for skilled visa? Is there a reason why you want to go for student visa when you are clearly eligible for skilled visa?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 1:53am On Oct 09, 2023
desertboom:
Can we talk about the best city to study, live and work?

Can someone recommend one?

The concept of the "best" city is subjective, and what matters most is finding a place that suits your preferences and needs. I have had the opportunity to reside in nearly all major cities in Australia, and I have discovered that Melbourne is more friendly, particularly for individuals of African descent like myself, feels more welcoming and familiar. Aside from Melbourne, I found Queensland to be another location in Australia that holds a special appeal and is easy to integrate.

You can survive anywhere in Australia, however these cities are more friendly to Africans in my experience
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AKASBABA1: 2:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Gista01:

If you happen to miss classes, catching up can become quite challenging, and there's a higher risk of falling behind academically. I would strongly suggest considering arriving on time and then, if necessary, deferring your admission. Generally, it's advisable to be fully settled in Australia at least 2-3 weeks before your program's start date. Most educational institutions are unlikely to allow enrollment if you miss the first 1-2 weeks, as catching up can be extremely difficult due to the workload.

In the Australian education system, assessments begin right from day one, and the completion of previous assessments is often a prerequisite for receiving new ones. This means that if you miss any assignments or assessments early on, it can lead to a significant backlog of work. Additionally, it's essential to consider the logistics of settling down when you arrive, such as arranging accommodation, transportation, insurance, and other essential matters. Trying to manage all of these responsibilities on top of your academic workload can be overwhelming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.