Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251756 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2017
Sorry darl. I think you need to read my post again you are getting it all mixed up.

The more you live in Australia the more you get to understand the country more. Even Australians themselves hardly see the opportunities they have here.

Sorry to quote you but i will let it slide.

JewelStone:

So in your logic, only people who make $2k weekly after tax can afford to buy food ingredients from Asian/African shops and cook their own meals? Yeah I know that casual rates are higher cos I'm a casual staff, but you'll still work your ass off to make $2k weekly after tax. Anyways, I'm done talking about salaries blah blah blah, don't have nothing to gain or lose.

Please nobody should quote me further on this topic.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2017
Thanks Sis.
Australia is a land of numerous opportunities. Even thou taxes could be high but you still get them back at retirement via superannuation.

Naijaaussie:
@WestAfrican. You don't need to argue with her @Jewelstone. She doesn't seem to know much, she is new in Australia and thinks she knows it all with her little Youth work/disability/student nurse experience. She needs to learn more and move all around Australia. Workers in Western Australia & ACT earn way better than those in NSW.

As a doctorate student, I get about $28k per annum as living stipends and I also work as a casual academic at the rate of $120 per hour. Most times I work as little as 25hrs per week and still make $2,067 (after tax) weekly.

I have other friends with jobs such as: physiotherapist, occupational therapist (not management level) that make about $5,000 forthrightly after tax. Other friends that are surveyors, technicians etc (with just diploma certificates) get more than the aforementioned rates.

@JewelStone, please do not mislead people on here. You are not well informed. I think you should restrict your responses to study visa issues!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 11:16am On Sep 06, 2017
Atimes the duration of your medical insurance does affect the length of your visa. Australia take health insurance seriously.

ideamaster:

For a 1 year course, I dont think there would be up to 6 additional months. My course was for 1.5 years. It finished June/July and the visa expired August ending, not even enough to attend convocation that held in September.

Also, I thought the post study/graduate visa was for those who met the Australian study requirement of 2 years study. Things may have changed though.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by loveson(m): 11:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Good day people. Is it advisable to apply for Australian Study Visa with your Wife included? Also, would both of us be allowed to work while I'm schooling?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2017
After the long wait,my grant came in this morning. All thanks to God. Details later.

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:
After the long wait,my grant came in this morning. All thanks to God. Details later.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by JewelStone(f): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
davodyguy:
You dey show yaself abi? tongue
Instead of you to meet up with me, jeje
I don't minding meeting you, although you're a bit far from me but we can work something out. You mentioned going to the Opera House, have you gone there already? I've been there a couple of times and I've walked the Circular Quay area down to the Royal Botanic Garden which is awesome. I can always do it again.

I've been thinking of platonic activities I can do with you but my brain is clogged with assignment stress right now. Are you interested in nature such as beaches, parks, waterfalls, reserves and lookouts? These are my favourite activities and we can take a drive to a really nice place. I'm also up for meeting in the city, but since you neither drink or eat strange food grin, it may be boring cos city is mostly for shopping, food and drinks.

Lemme know your choice and suggestions. Btw, I'm available on Friday afternoon.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congratulations my dear. Please share your profile with us to assist others. God bless.
cassareknow:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2017
application was on 24th june 2017
biometrics was on 27th June
submitted on 28th June
There was no can't act and after 48days I called dibp 3 times and they were always saying they were at the final stage of making final decision then the last time I called the lady I spoke with said I should give them till this week.
Grant came in 6th Sept 2017

All thanks to God.

heading to Deakin uni (burwood campus)
November intake.

anything I might have omitted please ask and I will be glad to answer.

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:
submitted on 28th June
There was no can't act and after 48days I called dibp 3 times and they were always saying they were at the final stage of making final decision then the last time I called the lady I spoke with said I should give them till this week.

All thanks to God.

November intake.

Documents Submitted?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
Solitin40:

Documents Submitted?

yeah,got a mail from teleperfomance office that biometrics has been submitted to dibp,that was what I meant by submitted.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

I don't minding meeting you, although you're a bit far from me but we can work something out. You mentioned going to the Opera House, have you gone there already? I've been there a couple of times and I've walked the Circular Quay area down to the Royal Botanic Garden which is awesome. I can always do it again.

I've been thinking of platonic activities I can do with you but my brain is clogged with assignment stress right now. Are you interested in nature such as beaches, parks, waterfalls, reserves and lookouts? These are my favourite activities and we can take a drive to a really nice place. I'm also up for meeting in the city, but since you neither drink or eat strange food grin, it may be boring cos city is mostly for shopping, food and drinks.

What about Friday?
Conference ended today

I have the whole of Thursday, Friday to spare.

I'm returning on Saturday.

I have to resume work on Monday, 11/09/17 in Lagos

Let me warn you though: I'm 6.2 and also handsome. This is contagious. I cannot guarantee anything grin grin grin
Mind me not

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
davodyguy:

What about Friday?
Conference ended today

I have the whole of Thursday, Friday to spare.

I'm returning on Saturday.

I have to resume work on Monday, 11/09/17 in Lagos

Let me warn you though: I'm 6.2 and also handsome. This is contagious. I cannot guarantee anything grin grin grin
Mind me not

A tutu boyoyo like you. grin. Last time I checked you were competing with one former NLC leader on who w*** pass.
Oya share your picture so we can rate you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:
submitted on 28th June

All thanks to God.

November intake.

Congrats.
Didn't you do medical and what documents did you submit plus so balance sorry questions plenty.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
Blazegab:

Congrats.
Didn't you do medical and what documents did you submit plus so balance sorry questions plenty.

did medical on 13th June 2017
statement of account 9.5m
landed property

no additional document.

Grant just came laidat.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crownnygold: 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2017
Abeg how teaching job be for aussie sef
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by samakinbo: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:

did medical on 13th June 2017
statement of account 9.5m
landed property

no additional document.

Grant just came laidat.
Congrats
Please that the SOA balance after part payment of tuition fee or before.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
samakinbo:

Congrats
Please that the SOA balance after part payment of tuition fee or before.
After part payment.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jiggsbaby: 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:
submitted on 28th June

All thanks to God.

November intake.

Hello please can u give me the number u called to find out why ur application was taking so long

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:

yeah,got a mail from teleperfomance office that biometrics has been submitted to dibp,that was what I meant by submitted.
I'm asking you the documents you submitted
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jiggsbaby:

Hello please can u give me the number u called to find out why ur application was taking so long

+27124236203

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cassareknow: 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
Solitin40:
I'm asking you the documents you submitted
Transcript Sponsorship letter SOA Waec cert Degree Cert Birth Cert Dads Mode of identification landed property utility bill
that's all I can remember for now

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congrats deawiee.

Pls dear, is it a student visa you applied for or Spousal/Partner visa?

cuteytohbad:

First application was in April 2015, refusal came in May reason for the refusal was because of a hand written letter that i attatched to my application stating that i did my traditional marriage in June 21 the case officer said my husband already had a student visa then that he didnt indicate it he was married in his application.
Second application was refused in September 2015, reason for refusal was because of a mistake the court made on my marriage certificate. Date of marriage 10/1/2014 date celebrated 10/1/2015. Bt we got married n it was celebrated on 10/1/2015.
Third application was in May. I applied May 10, Biometrics May 15
Medicals July 25
Additional documents. August 4
More documents August 11
Grant August 25.
I hope my story will inspire anyone who was refused, it is sad n heart breaking but it is not the end. Try again n make sure ur application is tight. No statement of account was asked.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:

Transcript
Sponsorship letter
SOA
Waec cert
Degree Cert
Birth Cert
Dads Mode of identification
landed property
utility bill

Congratulations
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congrats dear . . . By God's grace, i will be joining you at Deakin too in November. Keep the chats flowing dear

cassareknow:

Transcript
Sponsorship letter
SOA
Waec cert
Degree Cert
Birth Cert
Dads Mode of identification
landed property
utility bill

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by cuteytohbad(f): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
bestdiddy:
Congrats deawiee.

Pls dear, is it a student visa you applied for or Spousal/Partner visa?

Spouse
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lizeeplus(f): 10:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
sokoto:
Lizeeplus, a big congrats to you, are you staring your programme by February 2018?

No, school starts next week. Sorry I am replying late, trying to pack up.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lizeeplus(f): 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
cassareknow:
submitted on 28th June

All thanks to God.

November intake.

Congrats
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lizeeplus(f): 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hi Jewelstone, You in Sydney? Pls can we chat via email I am coming in early next week. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lizeeplus(f): 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
JewelStone:

Hi Jewelstone, You in Sydney? Pls can we chat via email I am coming in early next week. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 4:11am On Sep 07, 2017
lizeeplus:

Y you no cum now when I dey Sydney?

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.