Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo (416596 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by fasasi81(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication:
Missclaire, nikz, Peaceful love, proudlyNigeria2, Evajael, kunle1759, femakins, Ejimchiglo, buklarbest, alarmednigerian, eitsei, Everwhiz

★★★★
I got to my apartment and changed into a top and short. Afterwards I called Alawode secured line, I’m not sure which country he is presently. All I know is that he’s I’m not in Nigeria.

I placed the call. “Your access code please” the receiver said from the other side.
“364IM7J” I replied

“Hold on for some minutes please this call will be forwarded” The receiver’s voice said.

5minutes later, I heard his rich baritone voice which I’ve missed but I tried to put myself together.
“Hello”

“Anike!”

“Admiral Gabriel Alawode! Where’s Happy?” I asked authoritatively.

“So you called because of that low life girl, after avoiding me for three good weeks!”

“That does not answer my question, where is she?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Oh! You think I don’t know. OK let me burst your bubbles. I heard your conversations with Happy before I left your house and I heard all the threats.

“Stay out of it Anike, that girl needed to be thought a lesson”

“I won’t stay out of it, where is she, where did you keep her”

“Anike I’ve been trying to reach for three good weeks now but to no avail, what you’re doing to us is not fair”

“I’m talking about someone’s lives you are talking about us. See there is no more ‘us’Just tell me know where she is”

“Did you just say there is no us..then your friend will rot in prison”

“Prince you really dissapointed me, I thought you are one of the few people who doesn’t abuse their power”

“Anyone who messes with you, messes with me and won’t get away with it”

“Why are you making another person’s business yours, I can handle my friend you don’t have to interfere”

“Really”

“I know you still held her because the two us are not on good terms, don’t pour your frustration on her.You are the one who did not trust your girlfriend enough and that is on you”

“Please hang up, if you don’t have any better thing to say” he said angrily.

I quickly sobered up. “Prince, I’m on my knees please release her. I know she did wrong by poking into our affair. Please release her” I pleaded crying

“Don’t overwork yourself she’s OK, I just want to torment her a bit, so stop crying”

“Do you agree to release her now”

“What about us?”

“We’ll talk about that later, I want Happy at my door step today. Then we can talk about us”

“Request granted” he said and ended the call.

True to his word, In the evening my Door bell rang and I checked the peep hole, it was Happy in flesh and blood.

Episode 25
I opened the door and She walked in and started crying.
“Anike, I’m sorry for betraying you, I shouldn’t have done what I did, not after everything you’ve done for me. Jealousy made me do it”

“Jealousy! You said you can date him, then. He’s still old or is he now younger?”

“I know I said so, I know he’s rich but I havent seen a man spent for a side chick like that before. At some point I even thought you are using jazz on him. Seeing all the thing he’s doing for you, I regret throwing away what belongs to me. Anime you have the whole of Admiral’s heart. See the way he handled the lecturer’s case. He loves and pampers you with everything he has and I became jealous all of a sudden.
Anike it’s not about the material things that made me grow jealous, you treat me well with everything you have, but the fact that a powerful wealthy man like that is under your finger tips is what arouse the jealousy the more.

I started plotting ways to separate the two of you for months. But couldn’t come up with anything, I know he trusts you so much.
Telling me about the infection was an opportunity, you told me you haven’t informed him and I know he’ll be mad if he hears it from someone else but I had to lie about you dating his friends just to make my story juicy” he confessed.

“Happy you are a dissapointment, I even stopped you from doing runs, I started paying you the money you make on weekends. I fund your boutique, I bought you a car, I feed you, you never brought a grain of rice into this house and you eat. I cloth you. What else do you want me to do that I never did. Once I get an alert, you get an alert too. I’ve been grateful enough for what you did for me. I will forever be indebted to you for connecting me with Prince Alawode. But you still choose to destroy my relationship with him” I said pouring out my heart.

“Please find it in your heart to forgive me, I’m truly sorry”

“So where have you been since?” I asked Happy.

“I received a call from Prince Alawode and I knew my cover had been blown, I started packing my things. I moved it into my car, I was about to go out and some guys took me, one of them drove my car. I was blind folded. I only open my my eyes and met myself in a dark room.
They didn’t touch me, I was fed only cereal and water. I begged them to release me but they didn’t listen to my pleas. I even thought they were ritualist.
Until today when I got a call from Prince. One of the guys gave me the phone and I spoke with him. He said

“Happy this is just a tip of the iceberg, You messed with the wrong girl, you should be thankful, I hate shedding blood I would have waste you without a trace. I’m just doing this for now because she’s worried sick for a betrayal like you.
“Happy if you touch a single strand on Anike’s hair, I’ll kill you and I mean I’ll kill you without leaving a trace”

That was all he said, he did even gave me the chance to apologize.

He said he already ordered the guys to release me because of you. He said I must sign and undertaking which will be filled in police station. I signed and undertaking, it says anything that happens to you is going to be on me”

“Eh ya….”

“Have learnt my lessons please forgive me and help me apologized to him. He also said he’ll make sure I graduate in this school without a certificate”

“Ahn..ahn! But seriously you shouldn’t have played such pranks on him, do you think he wouldn’t find out the truth”

“Help me beg him please, I know he’ll listen to you”

“I don’t talk to him again since that day, I only called today because of you, I just found out from Tara today that you are missing, I knew he’s behind it, that’s why I gave him a cakl. Have alredy cut all ties with him before today”

She knelt down and held me. “Eh…I’m finished, Anike please you have to talk to him, you have to mend your relationship with him or else I’ll be the one to face the consequences” She pleaded holding my legs.

“I’ll talk to him, please get up and stop kneeling like a little girl, a big like you”

“Thank you”

“Go and get your things back and move in”

“Ha….Prince Alawode will kill me. He warned me sternly to stay away from you. We both know he’ll find out if i stay here”

“I'll talk to him!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll stay with Tara. We just have few months to graduate”

“OK, then. If you need anything don’t hesitate to tell me”

She left later. I had to call Prince again, because I don’t understand why she won’t let the girl be.

......Omo I dey enjoy u,d way eyinbo dey enjoy cigarette.kudos.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by mamatayour(f): 5:46pm On May 23, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by urchman23: 6:04pm On May 23, 2017
Making my day jolly jolly.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by EvaJael(f): 6:08pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks for the dedication rachealfst...I'm greatly honoured

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by yewande1234(f): 6:09pm On May 23, 2017
Hmmmmmm............... Anike shd pls use her head oooooo

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Toyin223(f): 6:52pm On May 23, 2017
Interesting

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by hizzypearl(f): 7:01pm On May 23, 2017
fasasi81:

Please, dont quote the whole episode next time, i con think say na two episode she drop when the timeline long.. Thank you..
ehn ehn, madame racheal, merci..

3 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Everwhiz(f): 7:02pm On May 23, 2017
Wonderful Update. Thanks for d dedication Sis. You are on point

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by kunlexy1759(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=56805874]Dedication:
Missclaire, nikz, Peaceful love, proudlyNigeria2, Evajael, kunle1759, femakins, Ejimchiglo, buklarbest, alarmednigerian, eitsei, Everwhiz

thanks 4 d dedication again. God Almighty will honour u more.
Weldone!

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by buklarbest: 7:11pm On May 23, 2017
Happy deserves everything she went through.... Tanks for the dedication Sis

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by comelyJummy(f): 7:27pm On May 23, 2017
Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by princessadeola(f): 7:40pm On May 23, 2017
Weldone ma'am

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ejimchiglo: 7:41pm On May 23, 2017
Waooo Aunti Rich am humbled, tenx for the dedication.
More wisdom to you,and more ink to ur Biro.

Anike should be careful ooooo before you losses prince.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Akinwale14(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2017
holufunmie:
it is not really anike's fault,,it hurts when the person u trust doesn't trust u back,,but I don't think Datz the reason why she is acting dat way,,I think she is already loosing interest in prince,,just my own POV though,,,ma'am Well done Ma in jenifa's dialect,,more ink to ur pen
Lose interest?after chopping his money,girls sha

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Akinwale14(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2017
buklarbest:
Anike don dey do too much shakara o, Wetin she still want d man to do after all the pleading.... despite all what d man has done to change her life n her family... Weldone @Rachealfst
Abi,she just dey vex me
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by peaceway(m): 8:19pm On May 23, 2017
[img][/img]Mama Anike, u're doing a great job here more ink to your pen. pls help update the next episode oooooo

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 8:20pm On May 23, 2017
This is too much, this story dey sweat dey go. More ink to your pen Toyin Taiwo

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 8:37pm On May 23, 2017
Dis lovely, Bravo to d writer.God bless u .pls dont take too long b4 u update again.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Countrygirl(f): 8:58pm On May 23, 2017
This anike is behaving like a teenager oo, let her mature abeg and if she wants to dump prince let her use another method not this dumb one

Following reachy

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by vickyviolet(f): 9:19pm On May 23, 2017
wow, thanks 4 d update more ink 2 ur pen and God bless u

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 9:38pm On May 23, 2017
fasasi81:
u are a very dangerous human being

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by snopzy(m): 9:53pm On May 23, 2017
this anike self could be anoying, she can forgive happy yet prince is the victim this anike self could be anoying, she can forgive happy yet prince is the victim

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by flakkybaby: 9:57pm On May 23, 2017
SurestG:
which of the stories dear. Deceit? Friendlike enemy?
friendlike enemy the name of the writer something apo

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 10:08pm On May 23, 2017
So Anime can forgive happy but not Prince who doesn't even offend her? Oga o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by eitsei(m): 10:12pm On May 23, 2017
Countrygirl:
This anike is behaving like a teenager oo, let her mature abeg and if she wants to dump prince let her use another method not this dumb one

Following reachy
abi o... Prince is a gentleman to the core upon all what he's done for her she's a lucky girl and a childish one,she should think about how many ladies who would wish to be in her shoe I don't think my tolerance level is up to that, if it was me I would cut all the ties, I hate people using my feelings for them to get at me.. There is more to life than one girl giving me headache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by SurestG(f): 10:14pm On May 23, 2017
flakkybaby:

friendlike enemy the name of the writer something apo
Amponsem Akosua; that's my name

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by alarmednigerian: 10:18pm On May 23, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication: alarmednigerian,

Thank u soooo much for dedication...more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by flakkybaby: 10:19pm On May 23, 2017
SurestG:
Amponsem Akosua; that's my name
OK thanks I dey your back

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by alarmednigerian: 10:26pm On May 23, 2017
All of u blaming Anike don't know heartbroken one can get, when the person you love doesn't trust you. This thing that Prince did can even break marriages...my own thought thou

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Gloriagee(f): 10:28pm On May 23, 2017
Stumbled on this fab story but can't fathom why uve deleted so many episodes.

Ko da o

rachealfst:
Dedication:
zesh, hallarbae01, urchman23, bummybummy, olah23, vickyflex, Stevenbright, Mc6xty, phemmy429, herosakin777, folabode, ayomikun95, ogesonopt, JMK9600, akosy, aydottt.

Episode 17

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by SurestG(f): 10:46pm On May 23, 2017
flakkybaby:
OK thanks I dey your back
thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by fasasi81(m): 11:00pm On May 23, 2017
Chumzypinky:

u are a very dangerous human being
thank u Ma.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (51) (Reply)

Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.