Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo (416568 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 1:46pm On May 21, 2017
Thanks for the dedication ma. Happy and I was praising you oo. Wicked witch, Gos would punish you

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Hellen123(f): 1:48pm On May 21, 2017
Happy! Happy! tori olorun.. anyways bad belle is allowed. aunty Rachel dedicate d next episode to me ooo

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by ayomikun95: 1:56pm On May 21, 2017
More ink to ur pen....thumbs up
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Johnsown1(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2017
comelyJummy:
What of guys

They don't get jealous thst way,all they will ask is a share of the daily manner
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Johnsown1(m): 2:10pm On May 21, 2017
holufunmie:
u re rite bro
Ur on point sis
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Maryclaire1(f): 2:14pm On May 21, 2017
Happy F up me think she would b a good friend ooo. Happy Sunday Riri

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Tehmietee(f): 2:26pm On May 21, 2017
Hmm frnds ehn, dey ca make or mar sm1

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by mamatayour(f): 2:31pm On May 21, 2017
Happy is just been human. It's called ENVY. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 2:39pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Dedication: Oluwatymylehyn(birthday boy) Chumzypinky
thanks for the dedication dear. Now my mind is at rest.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Marchborn123: 4:47pm On May 21, 2017
Happy was just bin human bt nt withstandn backstabbing n tarnishing ur girl's image was totally uncalled 4 kkk. Most of we ladies behave just lyk happy, some might not voice it out or even take a drastic action but some decides 2 take it all in. Anike darln just 4give her and move on but be very careful.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by adontcare(f): 5:28pm On May 21, 2017
Bouncing up and down. I told u guys that Happy could be d back biter. I can perceive a betrayer through ma phone. grin. My better person @rechealfst. I salute u. U just made my day with dis twist in d story. kiss

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by kunlexy1759(m): 6:21pm On May 21, 2017
I wouldn't blame Happy because....1. She knows Admiral longtime ago b4 she even linked Anike. 2.she just exhibited a feature of human being. 3.may be she wanna disconnect Anike n connect herself or 4. She is protecting Admiral's sexual life so dat he can urgently seek medical attention.

To The author, Rachaelfst, and all of us reading, i say WELDONE! God bless us more.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by ladySuperb(f): 7:40pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Thanks so much sis. I'm sorry about the mention. Hope I'm forgiven. Tnx.
Of course u are Darling.....
but on a condition....
don't seperate Prince and my Anike!!!

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by nikz(f): 7:41pm On May 21, 2017
So because happy connected anike to admiral she is jealous of her as if she would have stayed with him for this long stupid girl! #moneyeyes

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Chumzypinky(f): 7:53pm On May 21, 2017
ladySuperb:

Of course u are Darling.....
but on a condition....
don't seperate Prince and my Anike!!!
but u know they cant be together forever na. He's her father's agemate. One of these days, they would have to go their separate ways

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by ladySuperb(f): 8:03pm On May 21, 2017
Chumzypinky:

but u know they cant be together forever na. He's her father's agemate. One of these days, they would have to go their separate ways
Yes.....that's true....
but things do happen that they can both get married since Prince is divorced . ......
Ain't gonna go down well with Anike mum....

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by mamayor26: 8:08pm On May 21, 2017
plz next episode loving the story.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:08pm On May 21, 2017
Happy Sunday Everyone,

I'd like to say one or two things about Happy's case before moving on to the next episode.

First and foremost I want so say this, that as human it's very difficult for us to celebrate other people's success.

Irrespective of gender, There is 99.9‰probability that some of us will do the same if we found ourselves in Happy's shoe.

Do you think it's easy to watch people close to you succeed while you are still struggling to get to the top?

Friends will tell you "Congratulations, I'm happy for you" but the truth is that most of them don't mean it, they can only pretend to be.

Some will not even take any evil step but deep down they are bittered. Some will even keep their distance from that successful friend/family.

More reasons why we must surround ourselves with good people and stop flaunting our success on people's faces. Especially in this age of social media.
People now runs the affairs of their lives on social media platforms. There are some things that needs to be private cos we live in a wicked world.

Now this is exactly where I'm going. The question is how can will manage successful friends around us?

I thought about it and there is just one answer I could come up with....

It will only take God's grace to overcome things like this. Envy is one of the fruit of the flesh, If you are been controlled by the flesh, then trust me you'll found yourself in Happy's shoe. We are all quick to judge her but are we going to do better?

If you are deeply rooted in God's words then you can easily overcome the flesh. The bible says

"Godliness with contentment is great gain"

When you are not controlled by your flesh, then you'll be able to look past other people's achievement and hold on to God for a better tomorrow. The bible says

"He makes all things beautiful in his time"

Your friends are doing great today doesn't mean God has forgotten you, your own time we surely come.

The person that bought a car last year is now using a old model because the new model is out.

Lastly,

"The race is not for the swift, nor the battle to the strong but time and chance happens to them all" Eccl 9:11

Putting off another person's candle won't make yours shine brighter.

Let's have the right mindset and the world will be a better place for us to live in.

Thanks, God bless!

You are free to share your contribution as well.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by damis28crown(f): 8:23pm On May 21, 2017
WOW am commentin again dat y i read ur story i learn alot God bles u

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by horpeyeemy: 8:24pm On May 21, 2017
I agree with @rachealfst...dere s no friend or family agn in this world...even some parents stab their children behind not to talk of friends...

I wonder why we have to put all our lives on social media...most of the things happening to humans is as a result of the things we ve discussed wit odas...

m nt saying we shldnt share our feelings wit odas bt we shld knw who to talk wen it cums to critical issues....

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by kunlexy1759(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2017
Good points.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Happy Sunday Everyone,

I'd like to say one or two things about Happy's case before moving on to the next episode.

First and foremost I want so say this, that as human it's very difficult for us to celebrate other people's success.

Irrespective of gender, There is 99.9‰probability that some of us will do the same if we found ourselves in Happy's shoe.

Do you think it's easy to watch people close to you succeed while you are still struggling to get to the top?
Some will not even take any evil step but deep down they are bittered.

Friends will tell you "Congratulations, I'm happy for you" but the truth is that most of them don't mean it, they can only pretend to be.

Some will not even take any evil step but deep down they are bittered. Some will even keep their distance from that successful friend/family.

More reasons why we must surround yourself with good people and stop flaunting our success on people's faces. Especially in this age of social media.
People now runs the affairs of their lives on social media platforms. There are some things that needs to be private cos we live in a wicked world.

Now this is exactly where I'm going. The question is how can will manage successful friends around us?

I thought about it and there is just one answer I can come up with....

It will only take God's grace to overcome things like this. Envy is one of the fruit of the flesh, If you are been controlled by the flesh, then trust me you'll found yourself in Happy's shoe. We are all quick to judge her but are we going to do better?

If you are deeply rooted in God's words then you can easily overcome the flesh. The bible says

When you are not controlled by your flesh, then you'll be able to look past other people's achievement and hold on to God for a better tomorrow. The bible says

Your friends are doing great today doesn't mean God has forgotten you, your own time we surely come.

The person that bought a car last year is now using a old model because the new model is out.

Lastly,

"The race is not for the swift, nor the battle to the strong but time and chance happens to them all" Eccl 9:11

Let's have the right mindset and the world will be a better place for us to live in.

Thanks, God bless!

God richly bless u ma.tnx for dis wonderful piece.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by dupsai(f): 8:32pm On May 21, 2017
Happy action just reminds me of one Yoruba proverb which says 'Ore ni gbani, Ore ni npani' meaning a friend saves and also kills. He who friends betrayed should not be angry, even siblings betray each other. Thanks you Rachael for this beautiful story. May the Lord bless you richly and enlarge your coast.

4 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Goldenprinz(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2017
Hmmmm......you are the best, your story has always been a soul lifter, always gives hope to some hopeless situations....... Rachel sky is ur starting point

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Solvik(f): 9:08pm On May 21, 2017
May the good Lord bless you on every sides @rachealfst, you're so on point indeed Godliness without contentment is a great loss and the yorubas will say ite lorun ni baba iwa may God help us all.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 9:15pm On May 21, 2017
Sis me rachealfst, you are just wonderful, god bless you. It's just so true, we really can't blame Happy

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Nuellaluv(f): 9:15pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Happy Sunday Everyone,

More reasons why we must surround ourselves with good people and stop flaunting our success on people's faces. Especially in this age of social media.

Lastly,

Thanks, God bless!

I have learnt these in a hard way never to trust anyon

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by akinmusi(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Happy Sunday Everyone,

Lastly,

Thanks, God bless!

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by damsel14(f): 9:41pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Happy Sunday Everyone,

Lastly,

Thanks, God bless!

Rachelfst u re right o bt I will blame happy cos if u know u want Admiral y not go for him before introducing anike to him... Friends....

And also Nigerians stop flaunting your success on social media it can also lead to emotional breakdown of Ur friends Wu haven't make it or they re still struggling

3 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 9:46pm On May 21, 2017
Dis is d truth oooo, cuz d way pple are crazy abt social media dis days really amazed me.we need to becareful&watchful.God will help us. @ racheal, u're doing a great job.keep on, d sky is ur starting point.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ritajovy(f): 10:04pm On May 21, 2017
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Its in man's nature to be wicked. That's what man inherited from his father Adam. That trait is passed down to every man born of a woman until he/she encounters Christ.

It's in Christ that all these traits are dealt with. We become a new creature.
Hebrews 8:12. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Man will always have these traits until he is born again. To handle these traits, get a new nature. Then draw men to this light also. That way, every person is accounted for.

3 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:44pm On May 21, 2017
Ritajovy:
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Its in man's nature to be wicked. That's what man inherited from his father Adam. That trait is passed down to every man born of a woman until he/she encounters Christ.

It's in Christ that all these traits are dealt with. We become a new creature.
Hebrews 8:12. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Man will always have these traits until he is born again. To handle these traits, get a new nature. Then draw men to this light also. That way, every person is accounted for.
Thanks sis for this wonderful contribution. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply)

Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.