Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo (416192 Views)

BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / I Fell In Love By Toyin Taiwo(ty Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Akinwale14(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2017
undecided
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by souloho19(m): 11:50pm On May 21, 2017
Valid points madam Rachel..I'm sure happy was truly a nice person but over time seeing the way Anike's life changed and upgraded jealousy must have set in..no matter the change of wadrope and the clothes she buys for her.. there'd always be that little part that won't be satisfied..
Tnx for this lesson..its rare to read a story, enjoy it and learn somtin @ the same time..Jah bless you and increase your wisdom

4 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by herosakin777(m): 12:17am On May 22, 2017
Thanks ma'am for that rich advice.... Not all men are happy with one success it takes the grand of God not to do same to a friend.... Very true more grace to u and God blessing

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:30am On May 22, 2017
souloho19:
Valid points madam Rachel..I'm sure happy was truly a nice person but over time seeing the way Anike's life changed and upgraded jealousy must have set in..no matter the change of wadrope and the clothes she buys for her.. there'd always be that little part that won't be satisfied..
Tnx for this lesson..its rare to read a story, enjoy it and learn somtin @ the same time..Jah bless you and increase your wisdom
Amen, God bless and increase your wisdom too. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by princessadeola(f): 8:02am On May 22, 2017
That's why we must stay connected to God always.. He alone can help us in our relationships with people and with everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by hormobolanle: 8:45am On May 22, 2017
grin grin coolOH MY JESU O. DIS STORY DY DO ME WONDERS O
I just dy learn plenty tins for dis Tori n e kon dy sweet me.anti recheal dis story go dy elongated fa
cos me no want to eat pinish

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by bimberry1307(f): 9:56am On May 22, 2017
[quote author=rachealfst post=56701918]Dedication:
Souloho19, queenitee, yewande1234, Jane1234f, cathyperry45, countrygirl, Ashraf123, mizxpensive, adontcare, flakkybaby, Goldenprinz, bimberry1307, swanky47{ you guys rock!)

hmmmmmm!!! i'm honoured. thanks for the dedication ma'am. more mb to your phone and more oil to your head.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by surddick(m): 11:19am On May 22, 2017
happy shud have known admiral's worth b4 giving such offer. Its like been giving a travelling document with a mansion inside a bread but thinking its jst a bread u dashed someone buh happy knew the admiral is rich na. Btw thanks for the story.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by afolabiwunmi: 2:29pm On May 22, 2017
Never to trust anyone.
More power to your elbow ma

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by mamayor26: 3:03pm On May 22, 2017
please next episode. the suspense is three much. been checking since to know Wat happened next.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by PrettyMizQdot(f): 3:32pm On May 22, 2017
Ma'am Racheal, u doing 1dafully well. BT pls mentn me wen u update...I missed som episodes; lyk ep 20, 21. I guess dey were removed.

More inspiration dear

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Goldenprinz(m): 3:34pm On May 22, 2017
Countrygirl:
that means the PA will be a lady in the movie, he's a nice guy you know, but all eyes on prince grin
you want to be the PA, write application letter......
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Venica(f): 5:14pm On May 22, 2017
sis Rac,my BP is getting too high. pls don't kill us with suspense . biko

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by stephenGee12(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2017
evajael wetin u dey find for here. it neva reach make jamille go school ni.
oya*brings out 25 mouth and 100 feets long koboko* grin
before i open my eyes ehn
oya go and update grin
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by EvaJael(f): 5:58pm On May 22, 2017
stephenGee12:
evajael wetin u dey find for here. it neva reach make jamille go school ni.
oya*brings out 25 mouth and 100 feets long koboko* grin
before i open my eyes ehn
oya go and update grin
Lol...I don update today na. Na u neva read am.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by EvaJael(f): 5:59pm On May 22, 2017
Sis rachealfst pity us na

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Maryclaire1(f): 6:40pm On May 22, 2017
Spot on Riri.....I guess we all have that jealousy in us but it depends on how we react or behave towards it...more wisdom to you....Abeg naaa do happy Monday for uskiss and I hope say oga souloho19 don drop ooo cos I don refresh Taya angry

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
Dedication:

Solvik, dupsai, ladySuperb, Marchborn123, Ritajovy, emmytemmy, damsel14, horpeyemmy, BlissfulJeff, Kakakoshina, cyber5, afolabiwunmi

Episode 24

I got back to my apartment, Happy wasn’t home, I went to her room but to my surprise, she had packed all her things, not even a single pin was left. The whole room was clean.

Prince’s threat really scared her, so I thought. I went to my room, lay on the bed still brooding, I was hungry but I had no appetite. I wanted to cry but I was tired, Prince disappointed me, after all the sacrifices I made for him.

I choose not to keep a boyfriend not because I don’t have admirers but because I thought he deserves to have me alone for himself at least for now.

I was even scared for happy, Despite his riches, connection and power, he never abused it. He doesn’t use his power to destroy people. I just hope he won’t hurt happy.

“What has Happy gotten herself into” I said to myself. I’ve never seen Prince threathen someone like that before, he sound like he meant every word he told Happy. I doubt if it’s an empty threat.

Come to think of it, people are wicked but what did I do to deserve this from her. I even gave her #1.5M yesterday. She said she needed it for her boutique.

No wonder her boutique business is running down, an adage says ‘ If you are betraying someone secretly, bad things will be crawling into your life secretly too'
Human will always be human, I concluded.

I called my Mum, she told me Okiki is now awake and I spoke with him. I told her to let me know if they need anything because I'm not prepared to go to Lagos any time soon, not this week. Prince started calling and I didn’t pick it, when the calls was getting annoying, I switched off my phone.

★★★★
“What a bad day” I said to myself as I stormed on my bed to sleep.
First it was infection, then my brother’s surgery, Prince’s wrong accusations and a friend’s betrayal, all in one day. I travelled from school to Lagos, Lagos to abuja and from abuja back to school. What a day” I thought as I drifted to sleep.

The next day, Governor Mark called me, he apologized on Prince’s behalf. I deceived him and told him have forgiven prince and it’s over. Who am I to say no to the governor. He was happy and ended the call.

I remembered Prince said something about his net worth. I decided to find out on goggle since the federal government had already instructed all government officials to declare their assets. I entered his name on the search box. I wondered why I did not think of this before now.

The results came up, then I saw the option for his net worth. I clicked on it and I couldn’t believe what I saw hundreds of million US dollars. And I’m very sure this people will never declare their full assets. No wonder he said he can buy me anything money can buy other heaven. He can keep his money to himself for all I care.

A week later, my brother was discharged from the hospital. I had also completed the doses of the drugs I was given in the hospital, so I went back to the hospital for a rechecked. Luckily infection was gone.

I still refuse to pick Prince’s call. When his calls persists, I bought another line and registered it. When he discovered the line was no more available, He sent his men to my place to pick me up and I refused to follow them.. I even thought they’ll take me forcefully but they didn’t.

One of the men called him to tell him I refused to follow them. He ended the call and told the others that Prince said they should let me be. So they left after taking instructions from their boss. I knew he’s traveling to Dublin the following week, more reason why he’sis desperate to see me.

When all his effort to reach me proves abortive. He stopped reaching out. He still send me money weekly. I sent him a message on Facebook to stop sending me money but he wouldn’t listen.

I finished my lecture for the day, I was about to enter my car when one of Happy’s friend approached me.

“Good afternoon Anike”

“Good afternoon….Tara, right?

“Yes, I checked at your house yesterday but you are not in. I’ve not seen Happy for three weeks now. I thought she traveled before and doesn’t want me to now her whereabouts. but now I’m worried, I’ve been calling since and her phone was switched off. I also checked at her department I was told she hadn’t been attending lectures for weeks now. She’s also not online. I just hope she’s OK” she informed.

“Happy moved out of my house weeks ago, though we have issues to trash out. I called her number severally, it wasn’t available. I thought she did that just to avoid me. But now that you mentioned she’s not been attending lectures, I don’t know what to make out of that” I stated.

“May be we’ll have to report to the school authority” she suggested.

Something is fishy, and I can only trace it to Prince.

“No Let’s wait I promise I’ll find her. But if I can’t in the next three days, then we’ll report” I said and she agreed.

I entered into the car. “You can join me, if you are going home, I’ll drop you off” I offered.
She entered into the car and I drove out of parking lot.
She alighted at her bus stop that is before mine. I was alone now in the car, so I could think.

“Something is not right, I didn’t meet Happy in the house that very day, all are things are gone too" Prince already called her before I left his house in Abuja. I hope prince hadn’t abducted Happy. He said he’ll make her life a living hell. Prince is not that kind of person, I wonder what he’s up to. I silently pray she’s fine.

16 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by hizzypearl(f): 7:54pm On May 22, 2017
Ahhhh.. At last, after a long wait.. but dis episode short o.. thanks anyway.. eshe ma.. more grace to ur elbow..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by mamatayour(f): 7:55pm On May 22, 2017
Madam Anike take it cool with Prince now.

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by eitsei(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2017
If you ask me I think the gragra by anike is becoming too much

2 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by bossy512(f): 8:40pm On May 22, 2017
Thanks o
Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by emmytemmy: 8:42pm On May 22, 2017
Racheal d great writer, tnx for d dedication bt take it cool wit prince faa.accept his apology & move on.dis update is short oooo, since morning faa.

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 8:48pm On May 22, 2017
Wait, what's happening now? Happy nko? Anikr, your karamo is too much, Prince didn't do anything wrong, he has the right to be annoyed

3 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by akinmusi(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2017
Madam racheal this episode short oh I kept on refreshing my page where is happy

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by EvaJael(f): 8:56pm On May 22, 2017
queenitee:
Wait, what's happening now? Happy nko? Anikr, your karamo is too much, Prince didn't do anything wrong, he has the right to be annoyed
My sista...things don dey hot for here o

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by harunablezin(f): 9:08pm On May 22, 2017
Nawao 4 everybody for here ooo.....1. Na Happy 2. Na Prince/Admiral 3. Na Anike abeg na who go b d next? Rachaelfst

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Everwhiz(f): 9:08pm On May 22, 2017
lovely. but Aunty Racheal dis update isnt enough o

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by eitsei(m): 9:12pm On May 22, 2017
queenitee:
I'm afraid she might go ahead to accuse Prince of having something to do with happy's disappearance and Prince will get annoyed and will want to stop taking all the bullshit from anike and decides to teach her a lesson will may be very bad .... I also think happy sold out all her businesses, used the money together with the 1.5M she collected from anike and traveled out of the country

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 9:13pm On May 22, 2017
eitsei:
I'm afraid she might go ahead to accuse Prince of having something to do with happy's disappearance and Prince will get annoyed and will want to stop taking all the bullshit from anike and decides to teach her a lesson will may be very bad .... I also think happy sold out all her businesses, used the money together with the 1.5M she collected from anike and traveled out of the country
You are right, Anike is becoming more annoying

3 Likes

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by queenitee(f): 9:14pm On May 22, 2017
EvaJael:

My sista...things don dey hot for here o
I dey feel the heat self

1 Like

Re: ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo by cyber5(m): 9:20pm On May 22, 2017
It's my BIRTHDAY

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (51) (Reply)

Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.