Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,627 members, 7,847,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

[OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? (1367 Views)

My First Day In Ashawo House. And My Observation. / Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! / Cee-C: The Most Embarrassing Day Of My Life, Someone Saw Me Naked (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by philad(m): 8:50pm On May 08, 2017
Religion, as with so many things passed down to us from antiquity, is
the reason the calendar week starts (for many of us) on Sunday.
Sunday, in Hungarian, means the market-day.
Market-day is generally considered to be the last day of the week.

However, Monday literally means "the head (or start) of the week".

Sunday is the day of the week after Saturday but before Monday. Sunday
is a day of rest in most Western countries, as a part of the weekend.

For most Christians, Sunday is observed as a day of worship and rest,
holding it as the Lord's Day and the day of Christ's resurrection. In
some Muslim countries and Israel, Sunday is the first work day of the
week. According to the Hebrew calendars and traditional Christian
calendars, Sunday is the first day of the week.

However, according to the International Organization for
Standardization, Sunday is the seventh & last day of the week

What's your opinion?

http://philado..com/2017/05/opinion-is-sunday-first-day-of-week.html

Re: [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by EweduAfonja(f): 8:51pm On May 08, 2017
Hiv
Re: [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by mymadam(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2017
With the Holy Bible as our only source of inspiration and guidance, we find in the Holy Book that truly, Jesus Christ was resurrected on the first day of the week, i.e. Sunday

(ref: Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1,19)...

Source: https://web.facebook.com/pg/NewOrder001/posts/?ref=page_internal
Re: [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by SINZ: 9:24pm On May 08, 2017
Its actually on friday wink
True story grin
Re: [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2017
Sunday is the last day of the week.
Monday, is the first day of the week.
Friday, is the fun day of the week grin
Re: [OPINION]: Is Sunday The First Day Of The Week? by jchioma: 10:56pm On May 08, 2017
mymadam:
With the Holy Bible as our only source of inspiration and guidance, we find in the Holy Book that truly, Jesus Christ was resurrected on the first day of the week, i.e. Sunday

(ref: Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1,19)...

Source: https://web.facebook.com/pg/NewOrder001/posts/?ref=page_internal

This is my question: Do you think the Almighty can make mistakes? God gave a command to make the Sabbath a sacred day, but Jesus then came and turned God's order around?

(1) (Reply)

See Some Of The Things That Will Happen To You If You Marry Early (see Here] / Apart From Your Own Country, Which Five Countries Do You Love Most? / Meet The First Ever Transgender Contestant At The Miss Bumbum Beauty Pageant (ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.