Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja (3194 Views)

Discussion Thread For Atheist, Agnostics And The Irreligious To Discuss / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Thought Provoking Questions For Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 1:37am On Jan 11, 2010
Riff-Raff:

@ g1
welcome 2 Nairaland religion section.
I was a former muslim before turning into an athiest. There are some other ex-muslims around, only dat they are very rare.
I'm based in lagos. M lucky enough that half of my friends turn athiest after i was able 2 enlighten them about my views on religion. Some are stil religious but they are d ones in d closet weneva i am around for d fear of a long arguement dat they always find themselves speechless after.

Why not keep reading d threads here, u can discuss any topic wit d athiest here on Nairaland.

Hi Riff raff, thanks for the welcome , nice to meet a fellow ex muslim, is there a way we can get in touch?, so what made you turn into an atheist,
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by manmustwac(m): 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
g1:

Hi Riff raff, thanks for the welcome , nice to meet a fellow ex muslim, is there a way we can get in touch?, so what made you turn into an atheist,
click on the link below to hear riff raffs story and make sure u write your own story there as well
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=217886.msg3470841#msg3470841
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by banom(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ g1,

Repent and give your life to christ.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
@ banom

lol, i hav already given my life to the "flying spaghetti monster"
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ilosiwaju: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2010
Welcome g1, am abuja-based ready to talk.
grin
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ilosiwaju
whats up? how can we get in touch?, i cant figure out how to send personal messages on this forum angry angry
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 13, 2010
If there were no God, there would be no atheists.

-G.K. Chesterton
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 13, 2010
@imhotep, if there were no dragons there will be no people who didnt believe in dragons
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 13, 2010
g1:

@imhotep, if there were no dragons there will be no people who didnt believe in dragons

In metaphysics, dragons (mythical creatures, variables in pure mathematics,e tc) are classified as BEINGS OF REASON. . . they exist . . . in the mind
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2010
@imhotep,
so what do you believe in? are you a christian or muslim?
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2010
g1:

@imhotep,
so what do you believe in? are you a christian or muslim?

My deepest desire is to go BEYOND BELIEF. . .and to come to KNOW. . .

Belief systems are signposts on the way, they are NOT the destination.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 11:36pm On Jan 13, 2010
@imhotep,
so you are into eckhart tolle type "new age" stuff? am i right?
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ancel(m): 11:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
Imhotep's concepts are sourced from Yoga, New age Movements and Far Eastern Religious Movements.

very similar things to what he says are also found by Mike Shreve at www.thetruelight.net

@Imhotep: Tell me I am wrong, if I am.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Tudor6(f): 11:57pm On Jan 13, 2010
imhotep:

My deepest desire is to go BEYOND BELIEF. . .and to come to KNOW. . .

Belief systems are signposts on the way, they are NOT the destination.
Can I ask you how you know they lead the right way?

Infact, how'd you know they lead anywhere at all.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2010
Tudór:

Can I ask you how you know they lead the right way?

Infact, how'd you know they lead anywhere at all.

Keep this in mind, always ==>

MASTER: "Every word, every image used for God is a distortion more than a description".

DISCIPLE: "Then how does one speak of God"?

MASTER: "Through Silence".

DISCIPLE: "Why, then, do you speak in words"?

MASTER: "When I speak, you mustn't listen to the words, my dear. Listen to the Silence".
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ilosiwaju: 11:48am On Jan 14, 2010
@g1, my email is cyracles@yahoo.com.

@imhotep, na wa for you oo, i know these stuffs are eastern but what religious/philosophical concept really do you subscribe to? buddhism which i found most admirable is not that vague or is it?
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2010
zzjwgyst
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ilosiwaju: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
seen your num bro, i'll holla you.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by AbuZola3(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hi, gI, can you tell us how you embrace atheism, first and foremost i believe you or ur family aren't a practising muslim
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by g1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2010
@abuzola
hi, whats up?, if you read through the posts u would have seen that i wrote little bits about my journey to atheism, though its not a comprehensive account because my journey was a really long one,
as for you saying that i was not a practicing muslim, this is the same old "no true scotsman" argument, .that just makes me laugh, i was as devout as you can get, i prayed the 5 daily prayers in the mosque as well as the naafil prayers, i used to fast mon and thurs, i did not shake hands with women, at one stage i did not even allow my jeans below my ankle, right from a young age i had already memorized a large chunk of d quran, i used to give a lot in charity (and i still do), etc, so please abuzola .dont u dare tell me i was not a practicing muslim, though i am not a believer anymore , i dnt hav any problems with muslims and christians, like i said earlier on this thread my family is made up of muslims and chirstians, as long as they dont try to force their beliefs and morals on me then thats fine by me, peaceout
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Ifunanya1(f): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ilosiwaju: 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hello ifunanya. Am in abuja and you'll be in good company. Hit me up
ilosiwaju@ymail.com
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2011
this discussion seems not to have had the typical nairaland christian fury exerted on it.
Am atheist too, but based in lagos. Wont mind some company for talk too.
What literature are you reading, g1? What's your present outlook of life based on? Might it still be splotched here and there with religion, even though you have left it. Am curious
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by safaryking: 10:48am On Mar 20, 2012
I'm atheist and live in abj.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Sisterfatie(f): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hi op,riffraff i'm also an ex-muslim atheist nice meeting u guys but i'm based in lagos smiley.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by Sisterfatie(f): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hi op,riffraff i'm also an ex-muslim atheist nice meeting u guys but i'm based in lagos ;(.
Re: Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja by ekehopp: 2:54am On Nov 13, 2017
Any Nigerian Facebook dating group where one can find like atheist minds?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically / Is purgatory real? / Today Marks A 10 Years For The Assassination Of Sheikh Jafar Mahmud Adam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.