Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA (2330 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / Crescent University Convocation Turns Violent; Parents Beat Journalist, Curse / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by joshkiddies: 1:53pm On May 09, 2017
A Nigerian girl, Diane Isibor, from Abavo in the Ika South LGA of Delta State, on Saturday, went home with two prestigious awards during the 223rd convocation ceremony of Valdosta State University, United States.

They are the Spring 2017 President’s/Vice Chancellor’s Award for Academic Excellence (for the Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration) and Annie Power Hopper Award.

The President’s award was bestowed on Isibor during the institution’s 223rd convocation held on Friday, May 5, and Saturday, May 6.

She graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and a
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance with a first class and Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4 over 4, not dropping a point from her first to final year.

Isibor served as the official banner carrier for the Harley Langdale Jr. College of Business Administration during the undergraduate graduation ceremony on the VSU Front Lawn.

“I am highly honoured to be considered for this award. This honour is evidence that hard work pays. I am elated to lead my fellow graduates into the commencement area. My ultimate goal is to be a leader in business,” said the daughter of Eyitemi and Desmond Isibor.

During her time as a student at VSU, Isibor was actively involved in the Society of International Students, where she served as the vice president and treasurer; the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and the VSU chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, where she served as the director of plant tours and events and was featured in the organisation’s Campus Connection newsletter.

According to the institution, Isibor’s commitment to academic and service excellence, resulted in her earning many laurels, including the 2016 VSU President’s Choice Scholarship, 2016 Georgia Gulf Sulfur Scholarship and 2016 Institute of Management Accountants Memorial Education Fund Award.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/nigerian-girl-shuts-down-us-university.html

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 09, 2017
Should we fry chargers?Let her come to OAU nd write 200 level engineering courses first.Make i see wheer d G.P go dey.

Mtcheww if una like call me hater.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by blueghost(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2017
Woah super amazing talent Nigeria got it all if given the proper platform to express
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Rightboy: 2:01pm On May 09, 2017
She really tried, e no easy joor..
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 09, 2017
wowwwwww!!!! Good one
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by FixNaija(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2017
Oreoo:
Should we fry chargers?Let her come to OAU nd write 200 level engineering courses first.Make i see wheer d G.P go dey.

Bro you are actually jealous! Celebrate people's success so you can be celebrated too. Labour market doesn't look at name of institution

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Magjoel(m): 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
Congrats to her
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by RealLordZeus(m): 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
Thank God, my brothers from the West and East won't have the reason to fight for possession of the gem... Back to the topic, it calls for celebration but I doubt if she can make it here in the country, Lecturer self go turn hater for your case
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by charliejose: 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
Oreoo:

and yet there will still be some people in that your OAU that made As in those engineering courses..just because your brain contains 95% of fufu doesn't mean it's the same with every other person.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 09, 2017
charliejose:
and yet there will still be some people in that your OAU that made As in those engineering courses..just because your brain contains 95% of fufu doesn't mean it's the same with every other person.
Ur father
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by RealLordZeus(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2017
charliejose:
That's brutal and you know
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 09, 2017
charliejose:

guy, you are not nice grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 09, 2017
Congratulations to the girl. She really made us proud. Bigger and greater heights I pray for her...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Tazdroid(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2017
Oreoo:

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by jericco1(m): 4:38am On May 10, 2017
Ika south, she reps well. Congrats.
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by adeoladeola(f): 7:11am On May 10, 2017
We're so blessed and cursed in this Nigeria. You find the best amongst us(those who use their talents positively) and at the same time, you find the worst set of people amongst us. Congrats to her, she's representing the numerous blessed ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by nengibo: 7:18am On May 10, 2017
RealLordZeus:
Thank God, my brothers from the West and East won't have the reason to fight for possession of the gem... Back to the topic, it calls for celebration but I doubt if she can make it here in the country, Lecturer self go turn hater for your case
Yea, this one na Niger deltan, congrats to her, Nigeria is losing her greatest intellectual talents to other countries
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 10, 2017
congrats though. my cousin finished with high CGPA too and some ropes like that was put on his neck. he's now in Medical school btw.
Re: Nigerian Girl Shuts Down U.S University Convocation With Perfect CGPA by Annogbe(f): 6:28am On Jun 24, 2021
Rightboy:
She really tried, e no easy joor..
call 08037111012 he can help u track the phone with days

(1) (Reply)

Download free complete uni project topics and materials / Scholarships, Free Assistance For Study In Germany / Pls, I Need Help On Chevron, Elf, Agip, Mobile Scholarship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.