Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) (57305 Views)

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos / Nigerian Man Brutalised By Bouncer In China After Getting Drunk In A Bar. Photos / Army Intercepts 92 Armed Herdsmen At Check Pionts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
wink
MysteriousAnn:
These Soldiers are taking out Boko Haram frustration on citizens.
wink
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by hisgrace090: 8:09pm On May 09, 2017
Rascals have brought down the country.
And Things fallen apart.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by aisammy4: 8:10pm On May 09, 2017
missomo:

Some soldeirs can be very brutal. I've seen a soldier slap a trader (Front hand. Back hand) because the trader's wares fell and one hit him. Imagine the nonsense. He even went as far as "seizing" two school bags from the man's shop.

I've had a former colleague get flogged by a military man because he didn't move out of the way for him to drive through. It was clear that his vehicle couldn't start and someone was trying to help him push it but he was flogged like a thief all the same.

In Nigeria every element in a uniform with a little drop of authority is a tyrant. The only set of people I haven't seen misbehave is probably the red cross.

OK oh, I've heard u..
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
Why is the Nigerian Army (State) manning numerous checkpoints in the East?
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 09, 2017
madridguy:
This is barbaric and uncalled for. General buratai should please call his boys to orderliness.

As for the writer, must we always put sentiments in everything? Yesterday we heard how same soldier almost killed the deputy governor of Borno state after beaten his ADC and now someone is reporting this as if the soldiers were directed to a particular tribe. The writer should visit Sango market and find out how many bags of rice were carted away by the evil men during same December.

Soldiers have them problem. The ADC aside but that Borno deputy governor is a very incompetent dude. he once caused an accident on his way to UNIMAID to write his diploma exam?, the guy caused over 5 vehicles to hit each other & he didn't even apologized. He just drove up with a hilux full of DSS personnel. He just check wether his parado jeep was damage & then drove away leaving the accident victims behind.

So serves him right!!!, am sorry bout d ADC though
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by SalamRushdie: 8:13pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

I don't blame you at all , living in a lawless country has made you lose your sense of judgement and equity . If you can't see that that man's right was trampled upon by those paid to protect him then I pity you

6 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by festusfeezy(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2017
D pics is nt real

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by babajero(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.
your slave mentality is really overwhelming.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by jamace(m): 8:14pm On May 09, 2017
OP, why are you deceiving us with a pix that has nothing to do with the lecturer? Are you begging for sympathy in a crooked way?

OP, you have committed a more grievous offence therefore your story will be taken with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by emeke042(m): 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
dae no even respect him jt
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nigeriadondie: 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
An elderly man subjected to this treatment. Believe perpertrators of this evil will not escape the bullets of Boko haram
Bunch of cowards who can show power with civilians but with Boko haram they will complain of no weapon or wud run away and tell us it is tactical withdrawal.
https://www.google.no/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/167277-nigerian-military-calls-soldiers-escape-to-cameroon-tactical-manoeuvre.html/amp
I am imagining an elderly man at this age subjected to gruelling pain but when they are killed like guinea fowls u will see Nigerians mourning that it is someone's father, son or brother, claiming to be awake while we sleep. Is it not their job? Are they not paid for it?
When they die like swine they dont deserve our sympathy
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
The last time I traveled across 3 States in the SE, I had with me some bottles of Henessy which I shared to soldiers at checkpoint. I do not know why there are military check points all over SE though, all I know is, that everything that has a beginning surely has an end. These are the soldiers that I owe no RIPs to, when Boko Haram send them 6fts.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by gonkin(m): 8:15pm On May 09, 2017
This pic is fake
The man is clearly sitting on the ground because of the way he is balanced. Also theres no way he could stretch his legs due to something called gravity. Op abi na u soldier do?

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by madridguy(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2017
If your report against Usman Durkwa is true then he will surely meet his waterloo someday.

Jiang:

Soldiers have them problem. The ADC aside but that Borno deputy governor is a very incompetent dude. he once caused an accident on his way to UNIMAID to write his diploma exam?, the guy caused over 5 vehicles to hit each other & he didn't even apologized. He just drove up with a hilux full of DSS personnel. He just check wether his parado jeep was damage & then drove away leaving the accident victims behind.

So serves him right!!!, am sorry bout d ADC though
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:18pm On May 09, 2017
mykelly:
I don't support the brutality of the man but I want you to know there is no ignorance in law. The soldiers you are calling names have their lives on the line too

@mykelly
First of all there is no law banning the use of cell phones along highways or near military installations.
Second common sense will tell you that terrorists do not plan their attacks through phone calls right in front of soldiers. What could he have been doing ? calling down an airstrike ? When the call was examined and found to be innocuous why beat him up ?
Is that part of the Rules of Engagement ?

Did anyone beg or force them to join the military ?

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by nabiz(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
CagedSoul:
Lol not justifying anything though. But why the man sef want de form mr I-know-my-rights for soljo.. Soljo for that matter undecided humble urself and end the story. Yet he was asking the soljos to show him where they put a warning not to receive a call at the checkpoint. Infact na him know..
nigeria is messed up up because of people like u. Look at what u sre vomiting with ur mouth. It truly the dont want phone call around every check point, then what stop them from putting on every check point. possibly the man started making that call from a distance before getting to the check point. Do u know if the man making a call that will save life. My friend was once s victim of this rubbish and l pray one day you will fall victim.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Organs(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

With all due respect, I do not see any sense in your post.
stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private.
Who made the rule about phone calls ? where? when?
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Nigeria is a rubbish zoo country without a direction or leadership

Your writings for make sense but fell short when you mentioned that "so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private". Its a stupid naija mentality talk that equates position, education, money etc over other things. Hence if a constable policeman should question a medical Doctor or a Millionaire, the Policeman is automatically wrong. Nonsense IPOB mentality calling naija zoo as if you yourself is not a bribe giver or taker.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
babajero:
your slave mentality is really overwhelming.

My fellow citizen,there are many slaves in Nigeria. Very many.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by babooshka: 8:22pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

don't mind him jare. Nigerians always making excuses for rubbish.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2017
Organs:

Your writings for make sense but fell short when you mentioned that "so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private". Its a stupid naija mentality talk that equates position, education, money etc over other things. Hence if a constable policeman should question a medical Doctor or a Millionaire, the Policeman is automatically wrong. Nonsense IPOB mentality calling naija zoo as if you yourself is not a bribe giver or taker.

Go and read my post again and the prior one it referenced.
Come then and comment after you have done so.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by alexiej(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You don't know how much I love this comment
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Brushless: 8:29pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Come on, I love your post, you are trully your father's son. When next time you come against similar situation as this, kindly show- off the stuff you are made of.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 09, 2017
madridguy:
If your report against Usman Durkwa is true then he will surely meet his waterloo someday.

yap, Just go Tashan bama & ask, alot of peeps witnessed that accident. it caused quite a commotion dat morning
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by CagedSoul: 8:32pm On May 09, 2017
nabiz:
nigeria i
back to sender!! See this weyrey oh undecided You see there's actually no argument here about what the lecturer did. Receiving a phone call while on the wheels is perceived as a crime in Nigeria. The argument here is bout why would the soljos mete that kinda punishment on a civilian, when even the crime is next to nothing. And if u actually read my comment, u would see where I clearly stated that "I'm not trying to justify anything". Once again, back to sender.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by nabiz(m): 8:33pm On May 09, 2017
aisammy4:
Sorry to say this ' I don't believe this man is a lecturer'.

Someone just saw this picture and want to use it to get attention.

It's only criminal that can be treated this harsh. Military men are trained to be disciplined and there is no way a person be punished this for just making call. Unless there is an exception
oga the smashed my friend iphone 6 at kuje road for receiving a call which even their one month salary can buy because of jealousy
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by manmade(m): 8:36pm On May 09, 2017
The solution available to the lecturer is to sue the bastard and get adequate compesation in form of damages.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ademoladeji(m): 8:38pm On May 09, 2017
You don't make it receive phone calls at Military checkpoints. Even the drivers do warn that no one shld make calls while approaching checkpoints. It's a norm.

In a lawless society, there's no sin.

Obidience is simply better than sacrifice.

Let's not tribalisethis issue as I've seen that it's the South Easterner that's fond of making issues out of where there's none

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by GeneralOjukwu: 8:43pm On May 09, 2017
Rules are rules.

Don't disobey them or you get flogged.

He claims to be a professor, he should be educated enough to READ the posters.

He can't even try in North East.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Commissioner212: 8:45pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private when he has done nothing wrong

My man this is Nigeria, a lot of people that u cannot even imagine know there rights but how do you achieve justice, the Lecturer is even lucky that they just beat him, there are cases where one of them will just shoot the victim and yet nothing will happen. If this is a developed country that's when you will be saying such, in Nigeria here we manage things as we see it in order to survive.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by teniboss(m): 8:47pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=Mcowubaba post=56364557]As usual the Army Public Relations officer will say the are not NIGERIAN SOLIDERS or the are FAKE SOLIDERS.

If person talk say Nigeria n'a Zoo, some people go vex grin grin
But actually this things can only happen in a ZOO

Secondly I heard there are more military checkpoints in the Southeast Region than Northeast grin grin

Who una dey deceive, Boko Haram dey South East grin lipsrsealed

Chibok girls number go soon complete, nobody to use do propaganda again grin, unless Buhari go arrange another kidnapping cheesy grin cheesy

What are SOLIDERS doing on South East roads, blocking everywhere and causing trouble

Are the looking for Buhari's good health or missing certificate

[/quote Oga the amount of soldiers in jst borno is more than the whole east.....don't jst speak base on speculations.....as it stands maiduguri town is even more secure compare to Abuja
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by nabiz(m): 8:49pm On May 09, 2017
CagedSoul:
back to sender!! See this weyrey oh undecided You see there's actually no argument here about what the lecturer did. Receiving a phone call while on the wheels is perceived as a crime in Nigeria. The argument here is bout why would the soljos mete that kinda punishment on a civilian, when even the crime is next to nothing. And if u actually read my comment, u would see where I clearly stated that "I'm not trying to justify anything". Once again, back to sender.
my friend was not driving . it was the girl friend that was driving us while i and my friend was at the back seat
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Hamsaini: 8:53pm On May 09, 2017
Chai!!! But the man no resmble lecturer ooo. FP no be by force ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'We Will Rape Omah Lay If We Catch Him' - Nigerian Slay Queens Threaten / Lady Raped By A Friend She Visited, Cries Out. Photo / Father 62, And Son Arrested For Gang-Rape, Impregnating Daughter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.