Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe (52895 Views)

Mercy Aigbe is back in my house - Lanre Gentry / Lanre Gentry Celebrates Mercy Aigbe's 40th Birthday. "You Are Still My Wife" / Lanre Gentry, Bimbo Akinsanya Were Married Before Mercy Aigbe Got Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by fannybaby(f): 5:37pm On May 09, 2017
shocked
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by CuddleMe(f): 5:38pm On May 09, 2017
Is he not a billionaire? Wow! The rich also cry
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:38pm On May 09, 2017
Good one
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by tutudesz: 5:38pm On May 09, 2017
seunmi4real:
Hummm, why does she has to expose her husband like that. Afterall the man said he didnt beat her.
She wanna become single mother
?!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by chikeze(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2017
Mandynews:
Power of a WOMAN. My ex girlfriend said she will report me to the police for no reason. I still dey fear since.

Wetin u do? Then report her also for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Laple0541(m): 5:39pm On May 09, 2017
Good for him.
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:40pm On May 09, 2017
seunmi4real:
Hummm, why does she has to expose her husband like that. Afterall the man said he didnt beat her.

You need help. I feel sorry for u with this mentality cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by simplistical: 5:40pm On May 09, 2017
I think he got what he deserve
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by ekwii: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
Women are the most dangerous specie in planet earth, see how man's wife put her husband in prison because of Ikebe power

6 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by kimond101: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
Edu3Again:
I said it before that you are not allowed to beat your wife if you are a christian.
The bible forbids it.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

The bible say's mistreat your wife and ur prayers are ignored in heaven.

1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife,
as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered

You are only allowed to beat your wife if you are muslim.
As the quoran lays out the rules for beating your wife.

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,

Qur'an (4:34) -
"Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

The Imams are make sure that the ONLY right amount of beating is given
to the woman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCuBEqytt4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hcQTmcgkKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ

So Nigerians respect yourselves and know
that only in Islam are you allowed to beat your wife.
As a Christian it is forbidden.

What are you saying?!
Whatever the religion it is not permissible to beat or maltreat your spouse.

There is nothing in the Qur’aan that suggests that a man is allowed to bite his wife.

1 – The Qur’aan enjoins good treatment of one's wife: she is to be honoured and treated kindly, even when one no longer feels love in one's heart towards her. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good”

[al-Nisa’ 4:19]

2 – The Qur’aan explains that women have rights over their husbands, just as their husbands have rights over them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”

[al-Baqarah 2:228]

This verse indicates that the man has additional rights, commensurate with his role as protector and maintainer and his responsibility of spending (on his wife) etc.

3 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined kind treatment and honouring of one’s wife, and he described the best of people as those who are best to their wives. He said: “The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

4 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said, “You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6352; Muslim, 1628.

4 – And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fear Allaah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allaah and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the words of Allaah. Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike; if they do that then hit them but not in a harsh manner. And their right over you is that you should provide for them and clothe them on a reasonable basis.” Narrated by Muslim, 1218.

What is meant by “they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike” is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses, whether the person disliked is a man or a woman, or any of the woman’s mahrams [close relatives to whom marriage is forbidden]. The prohibition includes all of them. From the words of al-Nawawi.

The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

And Allaah knows best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
enemyofprogress:
So she tooked the father of her childrens to court, Na wa o
So he almost killed the mother of his kids!! Na wa o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by dacovajnr: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
He no meet bail condition ke, which kind fake life cum dey live grin grin
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by neocortex: 5:41pm On May 09, 2017
duduade:
So what about the ex Abuja boo with wacked english
For all we know he could be seeking attention or was hired for the show.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by SalamRushdie: 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
Moral of the story ..Stick to Ur day one girl because only she will stand for you through thick and thin

4 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by enemyofprogress: 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
YelloweWest:

So he almost killed the mother of his kids!! Na wa o
he didn't did it, she tolded lies on him

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Asidiq23(m): 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
Edu3Again:
I said it before that you are not allowed to beat your wife if you are a christian.
The bible forbids it.

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.

The bible say's mistreat your wife and ur prayers are ignored in heaven.

1 Peter 3:7
Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife,
as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered

You are only allowed to beat your wife if you are muslim.
As the quoran lays out the rules for beating your wife.

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,

Qur'an (4:34) -
"Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

The Imams are make sure that the ONLY right amount of beating is given
to the woman

So Nigerians respect yourselves and know
that only in Islam are you allowed to beat your wife.
As a Christian it is forbidden.

Craze dey worry you....
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Edu3Again: 5:42pm On May 09, 2017
Asidiq23:

Craze dey worry you....
Nope simply educating our men.

Abi make I no talk teach our men the correct way?
kimond101:

What are you saying?!

Simply sharing what the quorans & bibles views are on wives

kimond101:

What nonsense are you blabbing?!
Simply trying to make sure our know their rights.

LEARN HOW TO BEAT YOUR WIFE FROM ESTABLISHED IMAMS

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by penta(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
ojun50:
He should stay there

You own time too will come. All this nonsense breed call wife, can push you to misbehave many times. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by SlowlybtSurely: 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
hotspec:
And so the end of another celebrity marriage. Your husband can never return from Kirikiri and still settle d case with u. Not even his ancestors can beg him to have a rethink. Anty Mercy, enjoy ur solitude and happy single motherhood. Funmi Iyanda and Aunty Kemi can be ur mentors
By d way, i dint support d husband, but I believe he has his own side of d story also.

Better to be a single but alive mother than a married but dead one, don't you think?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by bumi10(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
watin d man do self

me no understand ooo
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:44pm On May 09, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by neocortex: 5:44pm On May 09, 2017
hotspec:
And so the end of another celebrity marriage. Your husband can never return from Kirikiri and still settle d case with u. Not even his ancestors can beg him to have a rethink. Anty Mercy, enjoy ur solitude and happy single motherhood. Funmi Iyanda and Aunty Kemi can be ur mentors
By d way, i dint support d husband, but I believe he has his own side of d story also.

If she was interested in the marriage, the case would never have gotten to the police desk.
I see this case as someone trying to teach their once-friendly enemy a lesson.

5 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 09, 2017
Useless man

3 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by ybalogs(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2017
Trouble go just sleep, u go dey go wake am ? Better stop with your bigotry before it totally consume you.
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:45pm On May 09, 2017
kimond101:

What are you saying?!

Hmm let's see.... The truth!
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by pokipoki: 5:45pm On May 09, 2017
Personally, i don't believe in hitting women. My believe is When the love is lost, couples should go there separate ways. There is no need in managing marriages or relationships.
A note of warning guy's, walking away will do you more good than hitting a woman

3 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Zane2point4(m): 5:46pm On May 09, 2017
See as a whole full man land for prison all blc of woman wey full everywhere.

I recently went to visit a friend he introduced his wife to me and honestly i looked in amazement blc i know the class of women this dude goes for when we were schooling.
He simply noticed my dissapointed and whispered to me "THAS THE PERSON I CAN MANAGE"

I learnt honsetly, fine girls are problem, i will soon go for the one i can manage sef.

7 Likes

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by YelloweWest: 5:46pm On May 09, 2017
kimond101:

What are you saying?!
Whatever the religion it is not permissible to beat or maltreat your spouse.
Beating in Islam doesn't mean you use punches and bruise them Blue- black but rather slight hit with something that can't injure them or pain them much
Slight hit ??

That's sickening

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by juman(m): 5:47pm On May 09, 2017
Unpalatable story.

May God sort it out for the couple.

They need to meet marriage councilor.
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by kimond101: 5:47pm On May 09, 2017
YelloweWest:

Slight hit ??

That's sickening
There is nothing in the Qur’aan that suggests that a man is allowed to bite his wife.

1 – The Qur’aan enjoins good treatment of one's wife: she is to be honoured and treated kindly, even when one no longer feels love in one's heart towards her. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good”

[al-Nisa’ 4:19]

2 – The Qur’aan explains that women have rights over their husbands, just as their husbands have rights over them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”

[al-Baqarah 2:228]

This verse indicates that the man has additional rights, commensurate with his role as protector and maintainer and his responsibility of spending (on his wife) etc.

3 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined kind treatment and honouring of one’s wife, and he described the best of people as those who are best to their wives. He said: “The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

4 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said, “You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6352; Muslim, 1628.

4 – And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fear Allaah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allaah and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the words of Allaah. Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike; if they do that then hit them but not in a harsh manner. And their right over you is that you should provide for them and clothe them on a reasonable basis.” Narrated by Muslim, 1218.

What is meant by “they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike” is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses, whether the person disliked is a man or a woman, or any of the woman’s mahrams [close relatives to whom marriage is forbidden]. The prohibition includes all of them. From the words of al-Nawawi.

The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

And Allaah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by neocortex: 5:47pm On May 09, 2017
bumi10:
watin d man do self

me no understand ooo

He was arraigned for assault.
Re: Lanre Gentry Remanded In Prison For Battering Mercy Aigbe by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 09, 2017
seunmi4real:
She was a single mom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shan George Calls Teddy A’s Dick A 'Tiny Noodle' (BBNaija Photo) / Peter Okoye Deletes How To Book P'square: Says 'My Family Comes First' / 9 Nigerian Celebrities Who Cruise In Cars With Personalised Number Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.