Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women (1481 Views)

I Lied I Am 23 Because She Can Only Date Older Guys. / 'Date Older Girls, They Are Mature, Know What They Want &Don't Stress' -guy Says / "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2017
The prospect of dating an older woman can seem tantalizing. She’s more stable, more mature, and generally has less “drama” in her life. But just because it seems like a good idea at first blush doesn’t make it so, you know? Dig a little deeper and you’ll see that a relationship with an older woman is fraught with peril. Don’t believe it? Well check out this list of seven reasons not to date an older woman if you need a little more convincing!

Generation gap. Tired of her overplayed Christopher Cross album and all you want to hear is some T.I.? Is she always going to wear that leopard-skin pill-box hat? Older women may listen to music not timely familiar to you, dress awkwardly from another dimension and swing an entirely different jig. But that’s what you get when you cross a younger breed with an older one. She calls a couch a “Davenport,” whatever the hell that means, and to her Robert Redford is a young, rising star. To you, these things exist sometime in Earth’s sepia-toned past.

Entertainment. She likes to have a good time, of course, but your idea of what’s entertaining is going to differ wildly from hers. She may want to check “Lawrence Welk” re-runs, and that “Murder She Wrote” marathon is going to occupy most of her weekend. You, on the other like young guy stuff, like drinking, yelling, and video games. She was born well before “Pong” even existed, so “Call of Duty” probably isn’t on her radar, slick guy. Unless you like church picnics, you may want to look elsewhere for dates!

Medical issues. The older we get … the older our bodies get. From hair to the toes, things can disappear and things can grow. Older date feeling a little pain? It could be an arthritis thing. Could be osteoporosis. Truth is, medical issues happen. They can get in the way, both financially and mentally. But how about physically? Chances are that all of your acrobatic sex moves aren’t going to come in handy if her hip is stiffening up. And forget about conception, because her child-bearing years are over.

Expectations. At her advanced stage in life, an older woman may have different expectations about where your relationship is heading. Maybe she wants to keep things casual and you’re looking for something deeper. Or maybe she has different expectations about how the relationship should progress? If she’s expecting an old-fashioned way of doing things but you’re a young man used to dating young women, chances are that you’ll be butting heads when it comes to the expected course of the relationship.

Mother figure. She doesn’t want to be your mom, and you don’t want her to be. But guess what? The only older women in your life to this point have likely been care-takers, or perhaps co-workers. It can be tough to shake that perception, and it can be equally tough for her to avoid mothering you. On top of that, doing the nasty with someone who reminds you of Mom is definitely not cool.

Thought Process. As people get older, they tend to mellow. Young men can be a little head-strong. A little wild, if you will. Older woman can be more deliberate. While you’re ready and raring to go anywhere on a moment’s notice, she may want to slow down and consider things from all angles. The more you’ve seen, the more you have to mentally process, and at her age she’s seen a lot.

Dies on you Hate to be the one to tell you but the older she gets, the closer she is to flat-lining. Women have a higher chance of a heart attack depending upon the situation. It’s embarrassing to have to tell your buddies that your girlfriend died of old age, and forget about it she dies during sex. The last thing you need is two stiffs in one room. Plus, with her vision deteriorating, she might hit you with her car as she’s on her way to a DMV vision test!
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by talk2alabama: 4:37pm On May 10, 2017
I just think they are matured enough....
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Franzinni: 4:37pm On May 10, 2017
One is always enough...

They will always see you as a child... Gbam.
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Unionised(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2017
Kenshinmunac:
The prospect of dating an older woman can seem tantalizing. She’s more stable, more mature, and generally has less “drama” in her life. But just because it seems like a good idea at first blush doesn’t make it so, you know? Dig a little deeper and you’ll see that a relationship with an older woman is fraught with peril. Don’t believe it? Well check out this list of seven reasons not to date an older woman if you need a little more convincing!

Generation gap. Tired of her overplayed Christopher Cross album and all you want to hear is some T.I.? Is she always going to wear that leopard-skin pill-box hat? Older women may listen to music not timely familiar to you, dress awkwardly from another dimension and swing an entirely different jig. But that’s what you get when you cross a younger breed with an older one. She calls a couch a “Davenport,” whatever the hell that means, and to her Robert Redford is a young, rising star. To you, these things exist sometime in Earth’s sepia-toned past.

Entertainment. She likes to have a good time, of course, but your idea of what’s entertaining is going to differ wildly from hers. She may want to check “Lawrence Welk” re-runs, and that “Murder She Wrote” marathon is going to occupy most of her weekend. You, on the other like young guy stuff, like drinking, yelling, and video games. She was born well before “Pong” even existed, so “Call of Duty” probably isn’t on her radar, slick guy. Unless you like church picnics, you may want to look elsewhere for dates!

Medical issues. The older we get … the older our bodies get. From hair to the toes, things can disappear and things can grow. Older date feeling a little pain? It could be an arthritis thing. Could be osteoporosis. Truth is, medical issues happen. They can get in the way, both financially and mentally. But how about physically? Chances are that all of your acrobatic sex moves aren’t going to come in handy if her hip is stiffening up. And forget about conception, because her child-bearing years are over.

Expectations. At her advanced stage in life, an older woman may have different expectations about where your relationship is heading. Maybe she wants to keep things casual and you’re looking for something deeper. Or maybe she has different expectations about how the relationship should progress? If she’s expecting an old-fashioned way of doing things but you’re a young man used to dating young women, chances are that you’ll be butting heads when it comes to the expected course of the relationship.

Mother figure. She doesn’t want to be your mom, and you don’t want her to be. But guess what? The only older women in your life to this point have likely been care-takers, or perhaps co-workers. It can be tough to shake that perception, and it can be equally tough for her to avoid mothering you. On top of that, doing the nasty with someone who reminds you of Mom is definitely not cool.

Thought Process. As people get older, they tend to mellow. Young men can be a little head-strong. A little wild, if you will. Older woman can be more deliberate. While you’re ready and raring to go anywhere on a moment’s notice, she may want to slow down and consider things from all angles. The more you’ve seen, the more you have to mentally process, and at her age she’s seen a lot.

[b]Dies on you[/b]Hate to be the one to tell you but the older she gets, the closer she is to flat-lining. Women have a higher chance of a heart attack depending upon the situation. It’s embarrassing to have to tell your buddies that your girlfriend died of old age, and forget about it she dies during sex. The last thing you need is two stiffs in one room. Plus, with her vision deteriorating, she might hit you with her car as she’s on her way to a DMV vision test!

So we should try younger women abi? Since our mates are feminists And probably earn more than we do, abi? Ok. Parking my car at Aiyetoro Grammar school. Catch them young.... tongue
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 10, 2017
Lol, is he dating "an older woman" or an Egyptian mummy? What stiffening hip? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2017
talk2alabama:
I just think they are matured enough....

Haha guy, na so I be think.

My last date before my current gf was 8 years older than me. Mehn I regret. Thought she was mature but she was more childish than my kid sis and behave like a psycho part. Very insecure.
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by LethargiQue: 4:40pm On May 10, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by profnews: 4:41pm On May 10, 2017
i no fit shout ooo
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2017
Unionised:

So we should try younger women abi? Since our mates are feminists And probably earn more than we do, abi? Ok. Parking my car at Aiyetoro Grammar school. Catch them young.... tongue

Nna catch them young o, i am older than my current girl and I can say it's wonderful, she very respectful, honest and she is mature, three old ladies when I don date when don almost reach 30. Mehn they behave bleeped up.
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 4:42pm On May 10, 2017
Franzinni:
One is always enough...

They will always see you as a child... Gbam.

True, na so my ex they try do me, like I am her kid bro when she can talk to anyhow. I cut am off. Nonsense. angry
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by talk2alabama: 4:54pm On May 10, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

Haha guy, na so I be think.

My last date before my current gf was 8 years older than me. Mehn I regret. Thought she was mature but she was more childish than my kid sis and behave like a psycho part. Very insecure.
I agree with u that some of them can behave like psychos.. I have been contemplating dating one but I feel they would be reasoning marriage...
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Lionessza(f): 5:07pm On May 10, 2017
ZarZar:
Lol, is he dating "an older woman" or an Egyptian mummy? What stiffening hip? shocked

Lol, Maybe this.....

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, Maybe this.....

Hahaha. I'm sure. Grandma bae.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 10, 2017
Ironically,except for the ''stiff hips'' (which of course is relative) and some other points,most of the above are reasons l prefer older women.
I'm a little old school myself and right from when l was a teenager I've always acted older than my age(and my peers).
As a result,all the ladies I've dated were older. I'm always at the same frequency with them. But girls my age and
younger always make me wonder,''where has all the maturity gone?''.
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 10, 2017
ZarZar:
yep that's King Tut's ex wife grin

Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 10, 2017
To me, dating older women is just the best cus they are more matured in thought and they have multiple experience from past relationships, hence they tend to handle future problems when they arise.

But the younger ones chooses to jump around forming slay queens, thereby giving us unnecessary headaches, and contributing little or nothing to a relationship.
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 10, 2017
Jayceon:
yep that's King Tut's ex wife grin

Lol
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Fmartin(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2017
dey drain ur fresh blood nd u start looking lyk dem grin
Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by CuddleMe(f): 5:55pm On May 10, 2017
You have nothing to offer her

Older the better

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Not To Date Older Women by Kenshinmunac(m): 6:43pm On May 10, 2017
talk2alabama:
I agree with u that some of them can behave like psychos.. I have been contemplating dating one but I feel they would be reasoning marriage...

Weiten them go reason before if not marriage, they are getting old na and they feel insecure.

(1) (Reply)

For Those That Are Body Shaming Women (photos) / Have U Ever Watch A Sex Scene In A Movie With Ur Parents / Pre Wedding Shot Of CEO Of God's Mercy Vestmaker And His Beautiful Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.