Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married (576 Views)

If Your Man Hits You, Please Leave Or End Up Like This / What Does It Mean When A Guy Hits You For Not Doing House Chores / When Your Boyfriend Hits You Hard While At Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by ralphshy: 5:17pm On May 11, 2017
SOURCE: https://lifepartner.com.ng/2017/05/11/domestic-violence/

Really this topic has been on the trend now, from celebrities to every day persons displaying pictures and recently a murder case due to domestic violence. My friend just shared how her room mate was dating a young man who after smoking marijuana will sexually abuse her, bit her up and threaten to throw her off the balcony if she hesitates to give him the attention he deserves. I have heard things like you wont understand, i love him cant imagine being without him, he has done so much for me.

My immediate advice to you especially when you are not married to this partner is to first seek help for yourself. Even if you are married, GET HELP, live the house first, then you can find help from church, family to see what can be done, BUT FIRST LIVE THE HOUSE.

There is nothing like with time it will stop. You are in a very dangerous and potentially harmful relationship. There is no therapy that you can get to help him. He has to get the help himself. Do not even seek couple’s therapy. You are in a domestic abusive relationship in which couple’s therapy is ineffective and can actually make things worse and be destructive, causing him to be even more harmful to you than he already is. Things are not going to get better. They are only going to get worse, especially without intervention.

My dears bottom line, let us always pray before entering any relationship and be on guard still in prayer not to allow evil destroy us. SPEAK OUT DON’T FILL ASHAMED. I have listed hot lines for help for cases of abusive relationship, you can research more as well.

What is your opinion on these trending issue of Domestic Violence

Helplines: For information or help in domestic abuse situations, See Contacts below:

Helplines: For information or help in domestic abuse situations

Call the lines below:

Federal Government of Nigeria Toll Free Number for Violation of Girls and Women – 080072732255

CHILD Domestic Violence Helplines – 0810 757 2829; 0813 164 3208

Project Alert – 234-1-8209387; 08052004698; 08180091072

Legal Support: Please see our Legal Support page for organisations focused on providing legal assistance.

Organisations

Below, you will find a list of organisations that provide information, help, and assistance in cases of domestic abuse and violence. Several government and non-governmental organisations are working to ensure justice for victims and survivors through the provision of legal assistance, educating judicial and law enforcement, creating more widespread awareness creation of the problems and impacts of domestic violence, counselling for the survivors, counselling for the children of victims and survivors, material support for survivors, establishment of shelters and the establishment of anger management programmes. Information about such organisations and links to their websites where available are provided below. Such organisations are listed below. Although they may provide some help, faith-based organisations are not included here.

Various Women Affairs Ministries at the State and Federal levels

Centre for Health Ethics Law and Development

Project Alert on Violence against Women

WRAPA

WACOL

BAOBAB on Human Rights – Tel: 234 1 4747931, 01-8980834, Tel/Fax: 234 1 4962302, Mobile: 234 (0) 802 333 0981 Emails:baobab@baobabwomen.org; baobabwomen@yahoo.com

See more Updated List at domesticviolence.com.ng

Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by Franzinni: 5:18pm On May 11, 2017
you bet... He will..

If you stay after the first slap.... Because you feel it was your fault that he was angry ( a readily available escuse)

Then you better go and register in all the hospitals in your estate because you will surely use your registration to the fullest.
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by goodmorning40: 5:25pm On May 11, 2017
Most women remain remain in an abusive marriage because they do not have the money to move out. They cannot afford the financial burden of relocating especially when children are involved
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 11, 2017
Thank u
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by sanesta: 5:30pm On May 11, 2017
you could be wrong.
Chang is still constant.
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by ojun50(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2017
Tell them nw oh befor thy will start saying i love him, he is every tin to me, i hv his child i can't leave him.......... Continue ladies is good for yr health oh.
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by sinaj(f): 5:32pm On May 11, 2017
I cnt evn tolerate anyone raising his/her voice at me let alone hitting me sad

Will just byebye u!
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by pocohantas(f): 5:48pm On May 11, 2017
Once domestic violence comes up, we immediately assume women are the sole victims

What about if he/she hits you now, they'll do it when married?
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by ralphshy: 8:01pm On May 11, 2017
goodmorning40:
Most women remain remain in an abusive marriage because they do not have the money to move out. They cannot afford the financial burden of relocating especially when children are involved

This is another angle to why people stay but is it enough, you can go to family, friends, even church and organisations and societies in church and outside church that can support you and help you both in finance and in physical support. Or don't you think so?
Re: If He Hits You Now? He Will Hurt You More When Married by ralphshy: 8:04pm On May 11, 2017
pocohantas:
Once domestic violence comes up, we immediately assume women are the sole victims

What about if he/she hits you now, they'll do it when married?
So true, thou women are the most visible in the society, guess most men will rather die in silence as a result of shame? But in both cases its bad.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Fall In Love With Someone First Before You Go Into A Relationship Or... / The ‘beauty Without Brains’ Comments About The Miss Rivers Contestant’s Blunder / Weird?: We Use Abusive Words When We Are Happy The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.