Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? (4989 Views)

Is Cross Rivers Landmass Bigger Than South East Region? / Lagos Is A Cosmopolitan State : The Yoruba Language Bill Violates People's Right / Gully Erosion Eating Away South East Region , Residents Fleeing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by GossipGirl1(f): 12:59pm On May 12, 2017
I swear it's really annoying,,I'm just so sick and tired of it...
Obi1kenobi:

It's funny, sha. A few weeks back, I attended a pretty big, high-society wedding in Ikeja - some big Edo guy and big Yoruba girl - with all these industry CEO's and politicians attending. When it was time to throw the bouquet, the Yoruba bride was calling out all her best friends and most of the names she called were Igbo prompting the MC to crack a joke about it. A lot of these guys fooling around here don't make this empty noise in the real world, but spend all their time online acting like playground kids. It's a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 12, 2017
toolovely:
OP, there are things that will make people leave or relocate from their home region to another region. jobs, business etc.... apart from abuja and Lagos, which other area will you see Yorubas moving to in large numbers? the Yorubas i know dont like living outside the zone same as Northerners. now, igbos move out because of their adventurous nature. some of the businesses igbos are into, can you leave your region to do that another region? the business minded yorubas i know after service dont go back. they start up their businesses in the east and are doing very well.

someone wrote about no south east state was among the first 10 highest IGR. he forgot that it's still same Igbos who left their land to do business in their region also contributed to that.

so OP, the only answer to your question is to ask your self, what is the percentage of yorubas living in other states outside yoruba land(excluding Abuja)?

You didn't just hit the nail on the head, you smashed it into pieces

grin
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Lloydfather(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2017
ArmedRobber:
I see ,with this ur Aba logic isreal took over america economy because of america peoples weakness.

With the yeye markets the two states combined cannot generate internal revenues up to Ogun state
where do u think those revenues comes from? Land borders and who are the people paying for this? The easterners. Most of Igbo traders goods flows through this borders.

That's why Lagos can boast to be the highest earners in times of revenues, the easterners contribute 70% of Lagos revenues. Ask me how and I will tell u
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by ArmedRobber: 2:10pm On May 12, 2017
Lloydfather:
where do u think those revenues comes from? Land borders and who are the people paying for this? The easterners. Most of Igbo traders goods flows through this borders.

That's why Lagos can boast to be the highest earners in times of revenues, the easterners contribute 70% of Lagos revenues. Ask me how and I will tell u
cab u provide the fact and figures how igbos contribute 70% of Lagos revenues
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by bakynes(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2017
ArmedRobber:
cab u provide the fact and figures how igbos contribute 70% of Lagos revenues
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by ArmedRobber: 2:13pm On May 12, 2017
bakynes:

You have started with your stupid figures again. All your contributions no reach Wetin one Man in the person of Dangote contribute to Lagos. Not to talk of other big Yoruba Billionaires in Femi Otedola and Adenuga paying Huge tax for their facilities scattered around Lagos.

The problem with you people is that you are too boastful in nature.
not me instead
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 12, 2017
Shawnnn01:

A very large size of Yoruba live in Kaduna, Edo, Rivers, Delta and more are moving into Akwa Ibom steadily.

Taah...get lost!!...indeed a large number? As side Lagos where else do an average afonja knows.....hiss
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by bakynes(m): 2:15pm On May 12, 2017
ArmedRobber:
not me instead
Sorry I wanted to quote the fool you quoted.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by bakynes(m): 2:16pm On May 12, 2017
Lloydfather:

You have started with your stupid figures again. All your contributions no reach wetin one man in the person of Dangote contributes to Lagos. Not to talk of other big Yoruba Billionaires in Femi Otedola and Adenuga paying Huge taxes for their facilities scattered around Lagos.

Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Sammy07: 2:18pm On May 12, 2017
The truth is the igbos aren't accommodating @ll, meanwhile they will come to Yoruba land and will be doing okada (motor cycle ) riders...

& they'll even beg to be gateman

80% of. igbos in Yoruba land are either gateman or motor cycle riders....

you also say you contribute to Yoruba land,,, well lemme ask if you finally gain independence from Nigeria,,, your development you contributed to other lands, will you carry them along to your new country
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 12, 2017
@ Op...See the type of thread a frustrated I.doit created. When the igbos attack you now...like the coward you will always be.....you result to calling them name ( bigot, hate) which best describes you guys mind set and being.
Spits on you. !!!!!!
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by chymer(m): 2:22pm On May 12, 2017
The biggest market in west Africa is at Onitsha.

Now a quick question for the Op, if the biggest market in west Africa is situated in south east, yet they don't have any cosmopolitan city, does it mean that the people of the southeastern Nigeria are the biggest tribe in Africa or Nigeria? No!

It means that those market are occupied by people of other tribes who eke out a living there.

I grow up knowing some of our southwest brother to deal in herbal medicine in the east, gbogbonise, and agbo Jedi. And they make good mechanics as well.

I also knows our northern brothers to deal in foodstuff, beans, groundnut, and sugarcane. They deal with livestock.

Now my question for the Op is this, how many southeastern states have u been to?

We have Ama Awusa, in Aba. Do you know what that means? it means The Hausa quarters. we have some Hausa quarters in Enugu and IMO, if go to anambra state, it's same story.

Go to any village, you will find "Omo Baba Ogun traditional herbal home" they live with the indigenes.
Likewise in every garage in the east there is a yorubaman up in their echelon of power.

So tell me, if you say they are not accommodating, why do those people live with them?

And most importantly for your information, there have never been any communal disturbance that people will go into strangers quarters to slaughter them at will in the southeast.

my simple advice is that you check your facts before writing next time.

You can as well help yourself by travelling rather than sitting before your computer to write things you basically don't understand.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Sammy07: 2:27pm On May 12, 2017
Sammy07:
The truth is the igbos aren't accommodating @ll, meanwhile they will come to Yoruba land and will be doing okada (motor cycle ) riders...

you also say you contribute to Yoruba land,,, well lemme ask if you finally gain independence from Nigeria,,, your development you contributed to other lands, will you carry them along to your new country

20% are business men,, meanwhile out of the 20% ,
18% there money aren't clean...

Almost all of them if not all, they'll come to Yoruba land and price the amount they are renting shops.... after you've Tell them...

they'll travel to their land &

the following week they'll be loaded with goods....

unclean money

they'll go and do money ritual and their deaths is a shame.....

like snake coming out of their mouth, gosh *splits*

have seen many of them dying in a mysterious death....
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Sammy07: 2:33pm On May 12, 2017
chymer:

Now a quick question for the Op, if the biggest market in west Africa is situated in south east, yet they don't have any cosmopolitan city, does it mean that the people of the southeastern Nigeria are the biggest tribe in Africa or Nigeria? No!

It means that those market are occupied by people of other tribes who eke out a living there.

I grow up knowing some of our southwest brother to deal in herbal medicine in the east, gbogbonise, and agbo Jedi. And they make good mechanics as well.

I also knows our northern brothers to deal in foodstuff, beans, groundnut, and sugarcane. They deal with livestock.

Now my question for the Op is this, how many southeastern states have u been to?

We have Ama Awusa, in Aba. Do you know what that means? it means The Hausa quarters. we have some Hausa quarters in Enugu and IMO, if go to anambra state, it's same story.

Go to any village, you will find "Omo Baba Ogun traditional herbal home" they live with the indigenes.
Likewise in every garage in the east there is a yorubaman up in their echelon of power.

So tell me, if you say they are not accommodating, why do those people live with them?

And most importantly for your information, there have never been any communal disturbance that people will go into strangers quarters to slaughter them at will in the southeast.

You can as well help yourself by travelling rather than sitting before your computer to write things you basically don't understand.

Tell me the percentage of Yoruba and Hausa living in the east (each state )
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by ArmedRobber: 2:38pm On May 12, 2017
chymer:

save urself stress of typing this long epistle trash, you can find, Hausa communities, Igbo communities, akwa ibomites, ijaws ,urhobo, Fulani's , agatu, igedes virtually all in the south west region doing business even Yoruba ancestral home ile ife is not exempted .

1)Apart from those that travel down from neighbourings states to buy goods in market in south east how many communities of these peoples

Urohobo,ijaw,Ibibio, hausa, Fulani, agatu,igede can u find in south east region.

2) Tell me a particular local govt in any states in south east that is dominated by non indigene ??
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Sammy07: 2:56pm On May 12, 2017
ArmedRobber:
save urself stress of typing this long epistle trash, you can find, Hausa communities, Igbo communities, akwa ibomites, ijaws ,urhobo, Fulani's , agatu, igedes virtually all in the south west region doing business even Yoruba ancestral home ile ife is not exempted .

1)Apart from those that travel down from neighbourings states to buy goods in market in south east how many communities of these peoples

Urohobo,ijaw,Ibibio, hausa, Fulani, agatu,igede can u find in south east region.

2) Tell me a particular local govt in any states in south east that is dominated by non indigene ??

true,,, there is no igbo village / town / city.
. that is dominated with 10% non indegine
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by MXrep: 4:22pm On May 12, 2017
ArmedRobber:
I see ,with this ur Aba logic isreal took over america economy because of america peoples weakness.

With the yeye markets the two states combined cannot generate internal revenues up to Ogun state
This is abeokuta, a shitty dead town. Stop chestbeating with companies owned by foriegners and igbos taking advantage of Obasanjo's west African gas pipeline project that passed through ogun state.

Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by MXrep: 4:27pm On May 12, 2017
Sammy07:

Yorubas love decieving themselves for their lack of adventure. How accommodating is kano and sokoto that involve in religious killings always, yet igbos outnumber yorubas by a wide margin despite yorubas being half muslim. The problem with yorubas can be found in the bible. Proverbs 26:13 - The lazy person claims, "There's a lion on the road! Yes, I'm sure there's a lion out there!"

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by orisa37: 4:30pm On May 12, 2017
OkoNDOoBo:
you hardly hear about activities of other Nigerian tribes in south east apart from the herdsmen, is there no cosmopolitan state in south east??

Is Kano City not part of Biafra?
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by TheStronghold: 4:35pm On May 12, 2017
Arda1000:
Yes the jewish noise makers were developing yoruba land while you guys were busy with witch craft and socecry
did they also develop the US and England too?
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Lloydfather(m): 5:03pm On May 12, 2017
bakynes:

You have started with your stupid figures again. All your contributions no reach wetin one man in the person of Dangote contributes to Lagos. Not to talk of other big Yoruba Billionaires in Femi Otedola and Adenuga paying Huge taxes for their facilities scattered around Lagos.

dangote, otedola and Adenuga as u quote don't pay much import duties as their Igbo counterpart, they have import waivers from the government.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Cashio(m): 5:25pm On May 12, 2017
Stuff is; survival in the south east entails great competition
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Youngadvocate(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2017
ApolitiCal:
The natives even run to South West and some developed parts of the north

Mu*u...so u forget these areas were largely developed by the same Ndigbo.

Visit intellectual works u would find the N-Arch theory. That's what the Igbo have over other Nigerian and that is what drives them.

One who has High N-Arch hardly settles in one's environment because one has high propensity to succeed and that prompts one to seek means outside one's reach to spring business.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Arda1000(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2017
TheStronghold:
did they also develop the US and England too?
Ewuru is england in Nigeria
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Arda1000(m): 5:37pm On May 12, 2017
MXrep:

This is abeokuta, a shitty dead town. Stop chestbeating with companies owned by foriegners and igbos taking advantage of Obasanjo's west African gas pipeline project that passed through ogun state.
my niga thanks for the brown roofs pictures.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by ApolitiCal: 4:35pm On May 15, 2017
Youngadvocate:

Mu*u...so u forget these areas were largely developed by the same Ndigbo.

Visit intellectual works u would find the N-Arch theory. That's what the Igbo have over other Nigerian and that is what drives them.

One who has High N-Arch hardly settles in one's environment because one has high propensity to succeed and that prompts one to seek means outside one's reach to spring business.

N-Arch to develop other people's land while your own home and land are left barren? Shame on you.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by chiscodedon(m): 5:56pm On May 15, 2017
ArmedRobber:
that's why u see them lurking around even in north east region. That says a lot about their landlocked region.

Imagine none of the land of Biafra make top 11 of IGR and they call northern states parasites how about that?
Lol
And upon that you are not richer than them,not more educated,not more developed than them...take a chill pill bro
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 16, 2017
ArmedRobber:

shut up. Travel out you no go gree, just pose behind your mobile the type fallacies.
two of the biggest markets are In the East (onitsha and ariaria ) many south south people travel to buy or sell products in ariaria. Mouau and abiapoly has a very high population of students native to the south south.
Their are about 3/4 mosques in aba and its environs (don't tell me it's the igbos that worship their) .
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by oyatz(m): 6:14am On Feb 14, 2018
Import duties are paid to the FG( Nigeria customs service) and not Lagos/Ogun states.

Lloydfather:
dangote, otedola and Adenuga as u quote don't pay much import duties as their Igbo counterpart, they have import waivers from the government.
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2018
dnt know why these thread has been turn into afonja and biafra show of words...we are all one and should show some love...dat way this country will grow again...
back to the question, a cosmopolitan city exist in the south east, Enugu of course or you forgot it was once the eastern capital...you forget it hosted the first indigenous university in the country.....what of Aba? call it dirty place but aside lagos and kano, no city in nigeria comes to that in terms of business....what I see in them in term of expansion is that they lack the needed gov't policies for their take off...do you know he much investment hv gone into Lagos state? if that comes to ibadan, which is west Africa largest indigenous city you will imagine...so my dear, the south east have one but no room yet for their take off and growth due to bad gov't policy both at the federal and states level....
Re: Is There Any Cosmopolitan State In South East Region?? by UfuomaUN(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2018
bakynes:

When we talking about cosmopolitan, we talking about various tribes having a residing community not coming to buy and go back.or the few scattered all over the SE.

Go to dugbe,Ojo area in Ibadan that's a good igbo community go to Ibara/Okelowo in Abeokuta you find a good number of igbo population,go to Lagos Isolo, Festac,Amuwo-odofin,Apapa,Okota you find good number of Igbos there.

Name one single community in the SE you can find a good number of other tribes except the nomadic Hausa Fulani.

Oga, you need to travel more. I've been to banks and offices in the East and run into Yoruba staff many times. Do these people travel to onitsha from Oshogbo to work every morning Besides the only real cosmopolitan cities in Nigeria are Lagos, Abuja and pH. All others are largely indigenous with small pockets of Igbos, Hausas and a few minorities. The Abeokuta you're taking about isn't even remotely cosmopolitan! I live there. Why should something as trival as this even cos an argument between normal humans beings this cold morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? / World Food Day: Sanwo-Olu Says Farmers Should Not Relent In Food Production / I'm So Sad! Binani Has Been Rigged Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.