Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,357 members, 7,868,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

I am in Tears As I Type This. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I am in Tears As I Type This. (7063 Views)

Man In Tears As His Girlfriend Rejects His Proposal In Public / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by QuietHammer(m): 3:52pm On May 12, 2017
lastmessenger:
my dear I have seen this things happen over and over and it always end in a very bad way. Parental consent is very important for any marriage to stand.
The fact her mum is resisting is not and end in itself.things can still turn around for good and they will get married.
Permit me to stretch this to a ridiculous length, where should orphans without guardians get their 'parental consent ' from?

2 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by lastmessenger: 4:20pm On May 12, 2017
QuietHammer:

Permit me to stretch this to a ridiculous length, where should orphans without guardians get their 'parental consent ' from?
I don't know. The lady in question is not an orphan.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Edipee(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2017
This is serious. I have a suggestion, it may sound funny but it might work. Go to Facebook, threaten to commit suicide if your mom doesn't allow you marry your man. Make some suicidal post including pictures of rope or knife.
Drop your mom's phone number there for people to call and caution her. By the time 20 people calls, she'll be begging you to forgive her and marry your man.

2 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 12, 2017
I am fiercely against people (especially women) marrying without their parent's blessing, but in this case I think your mother is being highly unreasonable. Talk to her some more. The limp occurred in an accident so it's not genetic; and what if you marry a perfectly-walking man today and he lands in a wheelchair the next day? Tell her the qualities he's got that are important to you so that she knows you know what you're doing. And ask why the limp matters to her so much. I'm sure she'll discover for herself (if put on the spot) that she's allowing her friends' pettiness becloud her judgement. Not all friends want what's best for her.

Congrats on your impending marriage, dear. Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 12, 2017
Go along with your court marriage then try to persuade her again...one day she will accept
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 12, 2017
I KNOW YOU TRULY LOVE THIS GUY IN FACT I CAN SEE REAL LOVE BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEE DON'T IGNORE YOUR PARENTS ONLY MARRY HIM WHEN YOU PARENTS FINALLY APPROVE IT.

I WILL ADVICE YOU TO BACK AND TALK TO YOUR IF IT MEANS PLEADING WITH THEM TELL THEN ENOUGH REASON'S WHY YOU THINK THE MAN IS THE RIGHT HUSBAND FOR YOU IF THEY FINALLY LET YOU BE
THANK GOD.

BUT IF THEY STILL INSIST YOU SHOULDN'T MARRY BE WISE AND TRY AND FORGET HIM. DONT DO ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MARRIAGE WITHOUT YOUR PARENT APROVAL PLEASE YOU MIGHT REGRET IT.

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2017
QuietHammer:

They do get consent from Those who Adopted them, or their even those in charge of orphanage home where they were raised .My thoughts though
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by QuietHammer(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2017
maxwell60:
They do get consent from Those who Adopted them, or their even those in charge of orphanage home where they were raised .My thoughts though
All you mentioned are still guardians
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On May 12, 2017
some parents can be assholes, marry him and let her go hug transformer. imagine a 30 year old babe, when u clock 35 she go come dey go MFm, mtcheew

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by firstking01(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:

You just wan waste this ftc on this thread that has fp potentialsad.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 12, 2017
firstking01:
You just wan waste this ftc on this thread that has fp potentialsad.
I go edit if e make FP
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by firstking01(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
I go edit if e make FP
You hardly type long...never seen where your comment makes 3 lines before.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 5:41pm On May 12, 2017
Edipee:
This is serious. I have a suggestion, it may sound funny but it might work. Go to Facebook, threaten to commit suicide if your mom doesn't allow you marry your man. Make some suicidal post including pictures of rope or knife.
Drop your mom's phone number there for people to call and caution her. By the time 20 people calls, she'll be begging you to forgive her and marry your man.

Lol
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 12, 2017
firstking01:
You hardly type long...never seen where your comment makes 3 lines before.
lol. I stopped bothering actually. I used to. But now, I rarely do
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by firstking01(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
lol. I stopped bothering actually. I used to. But now, I rarely do
Ok, was actually thinking it's cos of your introverted nature.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 12, 2017
firstking01:
Ok, was actually think it's cos of your introverted nature.
Lol. Not really. But maybe little tho. Plus I hardly find anything debatable here in this section. Lol. Even though I've refused to move to other sections hahaha
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by PenisCaP: 6:03pm On May 12, 2017
whitepump:

I am settling for him not because I am desperate. I still have men asking me out but He fits into my description of how I want my man to be and i decided to look beyond the limping.

Omg u are a very good woman..
I pray God bles me with a kind hearted and reasonable girl like u.
But please dont marry without ur parents consent its very very important.
Im not saying u should dump him.
But burrow more time to talk to ur mum even if it took u months to accomplish.

Becox they are still d one dat would take u back eventually if things go wrong tommorrow.
Ihave seen occasions where parents abandoned their daughter in her marriage problems when her marriage gone sour becoz she stubbornly married without their blessin.
Im not saying anythin will go wrong.. but no one knows tommorrow.
GOD will bless ur marriage with everlastin love and understanding..

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by jaymichael(m): 6:06pm On May 12, 2017
whitepump:
Please MOD help me forward to front page.
Hello people. I put up something sometime ago about a guy I met who limps while he walks because of an accident he had when he was a child. And how my mum said i counldnt marry the guy because of that. well things started going well and i thought my mum approved of it but when marriage plans got close, she went and discussed with one or two friends who told her that if it were their daughter, they will never allow her marry a man that limps. Just because of that, she changed, cancelled my introduction date that she can't stand me marrying a man that limps. About 60 percent of my colleague and friends knew that our marriage was close. This man loves me so much and i love him too. He has been so good to me, I don't care that he limps, I love him just the way he is because he has proven to me that he is different from other men and i will be happy if I marry him. He is very hard-working and God fearing. Treats me with so much respect. With all the divorce here and there, one should be more concern about someone's character that the physical appearance. I want to go ahead and do a court wedding with him because a limps is not an enough reason for me to leave a good man. I put myself in his shoes, if I was to be limping, I will never want to be treated that way. I am 30 and he is 37
Please matured people here help me, what should I do Because my mum is adamant and my dad has no say since it was my mum that brought me up.

Na your mom dey behind your matter. At 30 she is supposed to be joyous that her daughter sees a man that Loves and care for her.
Tell her that you have gone out and all where you go, they pointed her as the person behind your matter, be serious, don't joke about it. She will prove that she isn't the person doing you and grant you your wish.

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by firstking01(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Lol. Not really. But maybe little tho. Plus I hardly find anything debatable here in this section. Lol. Even though I've refused to move to other sections hahaha
Funny....romance section is a place of relief i tell ya...lil wonder monikers that deactivated and some sworn never to comeback to romance section will still uproot from nowhere and find their way backgrin.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2017
firstking01:
Funny....romance section is a place of relief i tell ya...lil wonder monikers that deactivated and some sworn never to comeback to romance section will still uprooted from nowhere and find their way backgrin.
HHahaha trust me, nobody ever leaves. They only wear masks.

True, this section is relief pill. Nothing serious happens here but well entertaining. The last thing anybody wants to do after a long day is being damn too serious on Internet as it is in politics section. Nah! I'll rather be here laughing myself out lol
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 7:21pm On May 12, 2017
PenisCaP:

Omg u are a very good woman..
I pray God bles me with a kind hearted and reasonable girl like u.
But please dont marry without ur parents consent its very very important.
Im not saying u should dump him.
But burrow more time to talk to ur mum even if it took u months to accomplish.

Becox they are still d one dat would take u back eventually if things go wrong tommorrow.
Ihave seen occasions where parents abandoned their daughter in her marriage problems when her marriage gone sour becoz she stubbornly married without their blessin.
Im not saying anythin will go wrong.. but no one knows tommorrow.
GOD will bless ur marriage with everlastin love and understanding..

Ok, thank you.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Abudu2000(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2017
He limps? If the upcoming war breakout how him wan use you run grin just kidding though

Look babe Don't mind those religious fanatic ls telling you to pray or listen whatsoever, your mum has lived her life and your must not emd likr theirs.follow your heart, amd one thing is very certain that yhe guy Will never leave you coz he will always fee more privileged to have u than vise versa "if u know what i mean""

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Homeboiy: 9:29pm On May 12, 2017
Na very simple problem to solve
so far u won commit ur life to him
Carry belle for him
go meet ur mama tell am say u no won comot am
u go c as she go rush cordinate well to avoid shame
ur mama sef, i for say y ur papa run leave am
Material woman (no offense)

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 12, 2017
Its funny how some parents try to make decisions for their kids... My dear my own advice is sit both of ur folks down and tell them ur thoughts and make dem u understand that they do not have a say as to who u marry... If u don't stand for something u will fall for anything... So what if the guy limps?? Does that make him less of a man?? Does that mean he can't be an awesome husband... Until you stand up for ur man your parents will continue to choose for u... Make dem understand that is who u need... Not want... NEED!! And it is ur decision ... If they still refuse proceed to get preggers for him... But i strongly advice u sit them down.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 11:23pm On May 12, 2017
krispycash:
Its funny how some parents try to make decisions for their kids... My dear my own advice is sit both of ur folks down and tell them ur thoughts and make dem u understand that they do not have a say as to who u marry... If u don't stand for something u will fall for anything... So what if the guy limps?? Does that make him less of a man?? Does that mean he can't be an awesome husband... Until you stand up for ur man your parents will continue to choose for u... Make dem understand that is who u need... Not want... NEED!! And it is ur decision ... If they still refuse proceed to get preggers for him... But i strongly advice u sit them down.

Thank you.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 11:24pm On May 12, 2017
Homeboiy:
Na very simple problem to solve

so far u won commit ur life to him

Carry belle for him

go meet ur mama tell am say u no won comot am

u go c as she go rush cordinate well to avoid shame

ur mama sef, i for say y ur papa run leave am

Material woman (no offense)

I will do that.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 12, 2017
Mzlarem is this you? Long time no see
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 11:37pm On May 12, 2017
okoliexpress:
@ op your use of limbs got me real good grin grin but on a serious note, its not a wise thing to fight your family on issues like this, they know better and they have experience, love may be shacking you now but when the real marriage reality will hit you, you will certainly not like it. i recently learnt that you should marry with your head and not with your heart ofcourse this is my opinion and that's what everyone can give you (opinions) but ultimately the choice is yours to make, you alone know what you can tolerate and accommodate but pls use your head.
U again? What's wrong with a guy with a slight limp who loves her? Is he inhuman? D Mum is just being unnecessarily edgy putting her daughter's happiness at risk n she is 30years old! Is it till she starts going to Shiloh @42 to beg God till d mama understands?
BTW....nobody marries with their heads..only their hearts.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 11:42pm On May 12, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
I am fiercely against people (especially women) marrying without their parent's blessing, but in this case I think your mother is being highly unreasonable. Talk to her some more. The limp occurred in an accident so it's not genetic; and what if you marry a perfectly-walking man today and he lands in a wheelchair the next day? Tell her the qualities he's got that are important to you so that she knows you know what you're doing. And ask why the limp matters to her so much. I'm sure she'll discover for herself (if put on the spot) that she's allowing her friends' pettiness becloud her judgement. Not all friends want what's best for her.

Congrats on your impending marriage, dear. Wish you the best.
Its raggedyann againnnnnnn!
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by camaraderi(m): 3:28am On May 13, 2017
Ignore all those ignoramus telling you to pray. Do whatever makes you happy. Do the wedding, invite your mom and if she decides not to come, then she will be the one to live with regrets all her life. And the moment, you do her bidding by backing out of the r/ship, you've simply given her your remote control. She go press you how she likes. Be happy and always think about you first. My mother chose to travel abroad 9 days to my wedding, i felt bad but i have no regrets. My life my burden.

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:53am On May 13, 2017
luminouz:

Its raggedyann againnnnnnn!

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by luminouz(m): 3:56am On May 13, 2017
[quote author=RaggedyAnn post=56471551][/quote]
Ewwwwww...easy with the teeth! Am just saying ur comments are funny....
Luminouz out!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Asked Her To Tell Me What She Doesn't Like And I Got This Reaction (picture) / How To Make Any Girl Cum In Five Minutes / The Decline Of Alpha Males & The Rise Of The Beta Male In Western Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.