Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,381 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study (11852 Views)

20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / Nigerians Have A Special Gene That Makes Them Happy - Researcher Claims / 71% Nigerians Have No Malaria Parasite Antigen,wasting Money On Drugs– New Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by sukkot: 9:10am On May 13, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

ok, you can start with aqeous solution of hunteria umberalata (abere). That will help a great deal.

read my threads for more or call me on

ITS also used to make arrow poison. you wan kee pesin abi ?
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Monk92(m): 9:11am On May 13, 2017
buchilino:
DATS WAT POTATOES CHIPS, SHAWAMA, PIZZA ETC HAS BROUGHT TO NIGERIANS. UNFORTUNATELY MOST NIGERIANS DON'T NO ALL THESE JUNK FOODS R ADDICTIVE.

U are highly misinformed
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Mekanus(m): 9:12am On May 13, 2017
Mosseuirdoctore:

Its not about affliction arising or not..
DM especially this type 2 has some familial tendencies meaning if someone related to you had it, u are already at risk..
So start now,watch what goes into ur body,exercise frequently and go for regular check ups..u should even know how to check ur blood glucose level..learn more about the disease and protect itself,then maybe,just maybe,affliction will not arise a second time..
Thanks so much. The person u quoted doesn't know that mere writing IJN will not stop the disease. My mum is diabetic, so I know I am at a higher risk of developing the disease, that's why I'm taking some preventive measures like exercising every morning as u just mentioned.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Mekanus(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2017
DaddyGngeess:
My mum has diabetes for more than 17 years now and she has been controlling it well, she is 74 now still looking good, i bought her a medecine last year from istanbul after taking it she went for check up and her doctor tell her to be drinking 7up that her sugar level is very low, me i am not understanding oo
what's the name of the medicine you bought from Istanbul please.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 9:41am On May 13, 2017
Mekanus:
I didn't say the article should have carried the whole methodology in the research. I expected them to put up some recommendations since they have decided to put it up on a newspaper.

"According to the lead researcher, Dr. Davies Adeloye, more Nigerians will be affected by the condition unless stakeholders put in place effective public health response and strategies for higher public awareness. He also advocated for lifestyle changes which include healthy diets and physical activity."
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by missyadorable(f): 9:46am On May 13, 2017
pweetygiftofGod:
This has claimed several lives, I just lost my dad because of this thing called diabetes, God please let affliction not rise a second time, IJN, amen cry cry

my dad is diabetic,poorly managed.i can't wait for him to die

will sooooo jubilate
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by 5oyad: 9:46am On May 13, 2017
frisky2good:
4 million out of 160 million is a very small percentage of out population.

When you consider the fact that this 4 milliom are drawn from the population of people who have access to orthodox health care then it is too much. Most of d people in rural areas dont have access to facilities that can diagnose diabetes.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 10:07am On May 13, 2017
TheVictorious:
Four million. Men that is too much. Our health habit is very bad, coupled with the standard of living that make people rely heavily on starcy foods in this part of the world. You must have come accross those folks who are fast to say that they don't take sugar, but when you check, they eat pounded yam in the morning, fufu in the afternoon and rice in the night. Who is fooling who
add udeme my friend and orijin to that list
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by buchilino(m): 10:14am On May 13, 2017
Monk92:

U are highly misinformed
Y DON'T U INFORM ME BETA
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 11:06am On May 13, 2017
all theSe junk food and soft drinks do play a part
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 11:16am On May 13, 2017
TheVictorious:
Four million. Men that is too much. Our health habit is very bad, coupled with the standard of living that make people rely heavily on starcy foods in this part of the world. You must have come accross those folks who are fast to say that they don't take sugar, but when you check, they eat pounded yam in the morning, fufu in the afternoon and rice in the night. Who is fooling who
balanced diet is important yes but i think the greatest cause of type 2 diabetes are some of these junk food and artificial sweet Drinks like viJu milk,lacasera ,coke etc.some ppl consume them way too much.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 11:21am On May 13, 2017
rozayx5:
and we eat rice a lot
and carbohydrate a lot as a country

hmmm

think its time one thought about plantain and beans lol
but asians who are the king of rice are very healthy. i beLieve its d too much junk we consume.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 11:23am On May 13, 2017
buchilino:
DATS WAT POTATOES CHIPS, SHAWAMA, PIZZA ETC HAS BROUGHT TO NIGERIANS. UNFORTUNATELY MOST NIGERIANS DON'T NO ALL THESE JUNK FOODS R ADDICTIVE.
naija babes wont hear grin.dis one na dhier food grin
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by mastasam(m): 11:27am On May 13, 2017
TheVictorious:
our standard of living here is higher than our neighboring countries thus ........This rate is up to
three times higher than the
neighbouring countries of Cote
d’Ivoire (2.3 per cent), Ghana (1.9 per
cent), and Senegal (1.8 per cent).[b]
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 11:29am On May 13, 2017
rectitude:

Diabetes is caused by the body's inability to produce enough insuline, and insulin is responsible for blood sugar regulation in the body.
true but it can also occur when there is body resistance to the insulin produced.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by buchilino(m): 11:45am On May 13, 2017
lefulefu:
naija babes wont hear grin.dis one na dhier food grin
DAMN RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Burgerlomo: 11:49am On May 13, 2017
buchilino:

I will also suggest to people to desist from eating too much White Rice, and eating a lot of Okra can be of help to the people with the disease.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by buchilino(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2017
Burgerlomo:

I will also suggest to people to desist from eating too much White Rice, and eating a lot of Okra can be of help to the people with the disease.

I AGREE.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 13, 2017
buchilino:

DAMN RIGHT
our ladies love sweet Sweet things ehn grin grin
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 13, 2017
enemyofprogress:
do they have it or why did you wrote their names

Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by shinebabe(f): 12:55pm On May 13, 2017
That's why you need natural anti oxidants like Ruzu herbal to effectively curtail it. You think its by happen chance that our fore fathers had less diabetes cases? Good thing it also treats cases of hign blood pressure and infertility issues too.

Better see me for more info.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 13, 2017
shinebabe:
That's why you need natural anti oxidants like Ruzu herbal to effectively curtail it. You think its by happen chance that our fore fathers had less diabetes cases? Good thing it also treats cases of hign blood pressure and infertility issues too.

Better see me for more info.
during our forefathers era they ate a lot of fruits and included vegetables in their diet.yes they ate carbohydrates but they burnt it while working in the farm.at dat time there was no pizza,sharwama,viju milk,lacasera,coke...etc cheesy.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by Segunia(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2017
absoluteSuccess:
but the disease is curable
. It can be manage by good food and style of life.
Ebony Brown Rice Pro-vita is an excellent food. Its a cereal - legume blends with low glycemic index.

Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by shinebabe(f): 1:39pm On May 13, 2017
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by shinebabe(f): 1:40pm On May 13, 2017
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by shinebabe(f): 1:40pm On May 13, 2017
lefulefu:

during our forefathers era they ate a lot of fruits and included vegetables in their diet.yes they ate carbohydrates but they burnt it while working in the farm.at dat time there was no pizza,sharwama,viju milk,lacasera,coke...etc cheesy.

True. And most of those foods had natural antioxidants too. But beyond that, they had natural herbs to take down any ailment that wanted to rear its.head then. That is what products like Ruzu herbal is doing today, albeit more scientifically. Its even american FDA approved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by absoluteSuccess: 3:06pm On May 13, 2017
sukkot:
ITS also used to make arrow poison. you wan kee pesin abi ?

Have you used it as poison to kill before?

When you read stuffs online, confirm about it offline and don't be wise by half on a thing you don't know yet.
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by jesuyemi(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2017
A multi international company just opened in Lagos is in need of the following:

Qualification
1. lab Technicians Minimum of OND
2. Nurses Minimum of OND
3. Medical Lab Scientiest Minimum of OND
4. Receptionist Minimum of OND
5. Cleaners Minimum of SSCE
6. Drivers Minimum of SSCE
7. Secretary Minimum of OND
8. Accountants Minimum of OND
9. Store keepers Minimum of OND
10. Office Assistant Minimum of OND

NOTE: all Applicants are to send thier CVs and application letters to joborbits.acr@gmail.com
Application close JUNE 30, 2017
www.acrng.com
Re: Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study by jesuyemi(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2017
A multi international company just opened in Lagos is in need of the following:

Qualification
1. lab Technicians Minimum of OND
2. Nurses Minimum of OND
3. Medical Lab Scientiest Minimum of OND
4. Receptionist Minimum of OND
5. Cleaners Minimum of SSCE
6. Drivers Minimum of SSCE
7. Secretary Minimum of OND
8. Accountants Minimum of OND
9. Store keepers Minimum of OND
10. Office Assistant Minimum of OND

NOTE: all Applicants are to send thier CVs and application letters to joborbits.acr@gmail.com
Application close JUNE 30, 2017

missyadorable:

my dad is diabetic,poorly managed.i can't wait for him to die

will sooooo jubilate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Tried Adams Desire? / Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President / Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.