Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,262 members, 7,846,225 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

You Can Still Laugh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Still Laugh (438 Views)

I Shall Laugh Last "Mountain Of Fire Minister " / Fun Game For Everyone! Come Laugh At Other Religions. Who Wins? / When God Punishes Some In Hell, I'll Laugh At Their Calamity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Still Laugh by Nobody: 5:37am On May 14, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* SUNDAY, MAY 14, 2017 *_(WORLD MOTHERS' DAY)_*

*Topic:* YOU CAN STILL LAUGH
*Read:* LUKE 7:11-15

*MEMORISE:* _When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, "Do not weep."_ *(Luke 7:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
The Bible in *Ecclesiastes 3:1* says, _To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven_. No matter the condition you are today, that is not your permanent condition. It can be changed, and the weeping or sorrow will turn to laughter.

From our text, a widow who had struggled, laboured and suffered to take care of her only son, suddenly lost her only hope (the son) to the cold hands of death. She was shocked and devastated. She wept with all her strength to bring her boy back to life, but to no avail. The commercial weepers were even available to help her weep, all to no avail. The relatives also wept as they tried to console her. The widow had lost all hope, and there was no sign of the light of joy from any corner. Yet, some came to mock and make jest of her. The dead boy was carried out of the city to be buried without any hope of coming back to life again. With Jesus Christ, there is no impossibility.

At the gate of the city, as they were carrying the dead boy out, Jesus, the hope of glory met them and had compassion on the weeping widow. He touched the coffin and brought the boy back to life. He handed the boy over to his mother and the weeping turned to laughter, sorrow became joy. She could laugh again.

No matter your situation today, you will still laugh again *(Psalms 30:4,5)*. Just trust in the Lord, dwell in His Word, and the light of joy will shine on you. Do not lose hope, neither should you condemn yourself. You will still laugh. You will laugh again!

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Oh Lord, turn my sorrow into joy.
*2.* Lord, give me testimonies that will turn my sorrow into joy.
*3.* Father, let Your joy replace sorrow in all families that are experiencing one sorrowful situation or the other, in Jesus name.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Ephesians 5

(1) (Reply)

Charity The Pure Love Of Christ / Is it true that "Heaven" And "Hell" are Parables? / Popular Pastor/prophet Bushiri Spends Over N4.3 Billion On New Mansions, Shows O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.