Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. (9837 Views)

Religious Miracle, Where Is Your Efficacy When It Is Most Needed? Corona Virus / How Umriel Humiliated Esias(isaiah) In A Religious Debate / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 9:55am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Just continue with your ignorance, you hear. It's obvious that you're not open to learning.
Let's just leave it.

WHAT A WAY TO SURRENDER
Mscheww

Your problem is pride in ignorance.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 9:58am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I thought a back and forth is called a debate. I'm sorry then.
I'm sure in all these cases that you've seen, resuscitation attempts we're made. The Crux of the matter is that in all these cases resuscitation was attempted before autoresuscitation occurred. I'm not talking about cases where there was no resuscitation attempt.
In the cases reported in medical journals, prayers weren't even reported as a possible contributory factor.
Phineas Gage in 1848 had a metal rod impaled into his skull damaging his frontal lobe but still walked to the cart that took him to the hospital.
All I am saying is Autoresuscitation has been established in medicine, it is not a myth, it is not someone's imagination,it has nothing to do with spirituality, it has been steadily reported, in fact, some authors argue that it is under reported.

@ bolded "steadily reported"

Just look at you again
"38 times or so since 1982"

Yet you call it "steadily reported"?

Is it that you don't know that people are reading what u r writing?
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 10:01am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

WHAT A WAY TO SURRENDER
Mscheww

Your problem is pride in ignorance.
As always, you want to have the last say in a debate.
I didn't surrender, I got tired, debating with you is like debating with a layman. So go on, have the last say and watch me discuss with the other doctor so that you'll see how real debates work.

2 Likes

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:03am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

As always, you want to have the last say in a debate.
I didn't surrender, I got tired, debating with you is like debating with a layman. So go on, have the last say and watch me discuss with the other doctor so that you'll see how real debates work.

Sorry u surrendered because, what I gave u on P value was fact.
And u discovered u were shallow on it.
Thats what happened.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 10:03am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

@ bolded "steadily reported"

Just look at you again
"38 times or so since 1982"

Yet you call it "steadily reported"?

Is it that you don't know that people are reading what u r writing?
At the rate of slightly higher than one case a year? Looks steady to me.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:06am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

At the rate of slightly higher than one case a year? Looks steady to me.
WOOOOW grin
With the hundreds of millions of deaths since 1982?
one case per year is steady?

Hehehehe, INTERESTING!
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 10:07am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

WOOOOW grin
With the hundreds of millions of deaths since 1982?
one case per year is steady?

Hehehehe, INTERESTING!
Chai, SMH. This doesn't even worth a reply.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:11am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Chai, SMH. This doesn't even worth a reply.

Another surrender!
You couldn't even fathom your injustice of proportional dishonesty

Let alone, debunk it cheesy
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by spacetacular(f): 10:15am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I thought a back and forth is called a debate. I'm sorry then.
I'm sure in all these cases that you've seen, resuscitation attempts we're made. The Crux of the matter is that in all these cases resuscitation was attempted before autoresuscitation occurred. I'm not talking about cases where there was no resuscitation attempt.
In the cases reported in medical journals, prayers weren't even reported as a possible contributory factor.
Phineas Gage in 1848 had a metal rod impaled into his skull damaging his frontal lobe but still walked to the cart that took him to the hospital.
All I am saying is Autoresuscitation has been established in medicine, it is not a myth, it is not someone's imagination,it has nothing to do with spirituality, it has been steadily reported, in fact, some authors argue that it is under reported.

You need to first establish what autoresuscitation is sir. It's automatic and with no external assistance at the time of resuscitation. Can a person with pneumothorax be able to breath unaided? Without a medical ventilator it's impossible. This bloke came back alive breathing unaided. We met him dead at the scene. Such sights are not imaginable with 2 spikes in his head and massive bleeding both internal and external. He was like a pin cushion. For 5mins we worked on him as we drove to the hospital. Lividity had already began to set in.

At the hospital he was worked on for over 10mins and declared dead after that and then unhooked.

Without external medical assistance no dead body can be revived but he came to unaided. It would have been a different story if you say he had no severe injuries to his head and chest region but he did and to be able to breath unaided from pneumothorax is absolutely impossible.

You really need to get a handle on what autoresuscitation really is sir because it doesn't seem you do. Note that it happens only after failed cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This means that medically all that needed to be done was done but failed. No external medical assistance yet the dead returned and this is why it's a medical mystery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 10:16am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

Another surrender!
You couldn't even fathom your injustice of proportional dishonesty

Let alone, debunk it cheesy
So, all the deaths since 1982 can be grouped under a single factor and can now be used to compare to the 38 cases? Not minding the different causes of death and the underlying ailments?
Do you even listen to yourself talk sometimes?
Your submission was so stupid that it didn't warrant a reply.

1 Like

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by akintom(m): 10:18am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

YOU WERE THE ONE WHO JUST POSTED YOUR "CONCLUSIONS"
You are the same person asking me questions....

Cant u see your foolishness?
I'm not surprised at your limited thinking capability. My use of " conclusion", obviously meant to you, that it must have come out from a research endeavor.

Here's how intelligent folks think.

A conclusion can be made about an idea, that has an obvious and inherent exclusion features. While a research is being designed.

In your thinking, you'll certainly include robotic male, as causative agent, in fertilization research.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:20am On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

So, all the deaths since 1982 can be grouped under a single factor and can now be used to compare to the 38 cases? Not minding the different causes of death and the underlying ailments?
Coming back to life after death is the topic.
We are not talking about what killed them
Stop throwing around fallacies of red herrings to distract people.
This is the third time you are doing it today

CatfishBilly:

Do you even listen to yourself talk sometimes?
Your submission was so stupid that it didn't warrant a reply.

You are still Copping out. The art of stylish surrender
Nothing new.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:27am On May 16, 2017
akintom:

I'm not surprised at your limited thinking capability. My use of " conclusion", obviously meant to you, that it must have come out from a research endeavor.
What else could it mean?
Oh so you make empty conclusions?
Moo Moo Again

akintom:

Here's how intelligent folks think.
Who told u are intelligent?

akintom:

A conclusion can be made about an idea, that has an obvious and inherent exclusion features. While a research is being designed.

Stop trying to justify empty "conclusions"
This is Science, it is a stupid thing to do.

akintom:

In your thinking, you'll certainly include robotic male, as causative agent, in fertilization research.

Keep quiet, agabaya
You just exposed yourself that u made empty conclusions.
And u r still making mouth.?
Mscheww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by akintom(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2017
felixomor:

What else could it mean?
Oh so you make empty conclusions?
Moo Moo Again

Who told u are intelligent?

Stop trying to justify empty "conclusions"
This is Science, it is a stupid thing to do.

Keep quiet, agabaya
You just exposed yourself that u made empty conclusions.
And u r still making mouth.?
Mscheww

Of course, when felixomoron defines what science is.

Your fellow medics, who equally work in mysterious ways here, do have their badly designed works, published in local markets journals.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 10:56am On May 16, 2017
akintom:

Of course, when felixomoron defines what science is.

Your fellow medics, who equally work in mysterious ways here, do have their badly designed works, published in local markets journals.

Does this explain why u foolishly made empty "conclusions"?
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 5:59pm On May 16, 2017
spacetacular:

You need to first establish what autoresuscitation is sir. It's automatic and with no external assistance at the time of resuscitation. Can a person with pneumothorax be able to breath unaided? Without a medical ventilator it's impossible. This bloke came back alive breathing unaided. We met him dead at the scene. Such sights are not imaginable with 2 spikes in his head and massive bleeding both internal and external. He was like a pin cushion. For 5mins we worked on him as we drove to the hospital. Lividity had already began to set in.

At the hospital he was worked on for over 10mins and declared dead after that and then unhooked.

Without external medical assistance no dead body can be revived but he came to unaided. It would have been a different story if you say he had no severe injuries to his head and chest region but he did and to be able to breath unaided from pneumothorax is absolutely impossible.

You really need to get a handle on what autoresuscitation really is sir because it doesn't seem you do. Note that it happens only after failed cardiopulmonary resuscitation. This means that medically all that needed to be done was done but failed. No external medical assistance yet the dead returned and this is why it's a medical mystery.
Autoresuscitation is spontaneous resumption of cardiopulmonary function after normal resuscitation failed. We are saying the same thing. I've never defined it differently from you. The only difference is that you think it is one huge mystery while I think it's not, evidenced by how many times it has appeared in Medical literature and the possible explanations put forward.

As for your guy with spikes in the head, I've given you a case in medical literature. Phineas Gage a thick metal rod went in through one part of his skull and came out through the other. The metal was still stuck in his skull when he walked to the cart and driven to the hospital. These things are not unheard of.
As per your patient having pneumothorax, you met him on the scene dead, how did you diagnose pneumothorax? Did you take history, physical exam, did a chest x-ray, CT scan?
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by hopefulLandlord: 6:04pm On May 16, 2017
what's the purpose of this thread

Cuz it appears to me that its descended into dick measuring contest about who knows about medicine more than the other
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 6:08pm On May 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
what's the purpose of this thread

Cuz it appears to me that its descended into dick measuring contest about who knows about medicine more than the other
The purpose was to provide a scientific explanation to "coming back from the dead", unfortunately some scientists prefer it remains a mystery.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by felixomor: 7:01pm On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The purpose was to provide a scientific explanation to "coming back from the dead", unfortunately some scientists prefer it remains a mystery.

And some other folks want to force their way to explain it by all means to push their agenda.
When science has not.
Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by spacetacular(f): 7:48pm On May 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Autoresuscitation is spontaneous resumption of cardiopulmonary function after normal resuscitation failed. We are saying the same thing. I've never defined it differently from you. The only difference is that you think it is one huge mystery while I think it's not, evidenced by how many times it has appeared in Medical literature and the possible explanations put forward.

As for your guy with spikes in the head, I've given you a case in medical literature. Phineas Gage a thick metal rod went in through one part of his skull and came out through the other. The metal was still stuck in his skull when he walked to the cart and driven to the hospital. These things are not unheard of.
As per your patient having pneumothorax, you met him on the scene dead, how did you diagnose pneumothorax? Did you take history, physical exam, did a chest x-ray, CT scan?

Your last question shows me clearly that you are not a medical practitioner. How on earth would you even ask me about how we were able to accurately diagnose pneumothorax? You asking a paramedic how he or she got to accurately assess a pneumothorax is outrageously ridiculous and it shows you and I are not speaking the same language sir.

When you meet an accident victim with head and chest injuries and deep puncture wounds to his chest region and head that causes tension pneumothorax as air passes through those puncture wounds to crowd the abdominal region and stifling the lungs and if the lungs are punctured then air passes in and also passes out so the lungs suffer pressure loss and tension pneumothorax is the result. This patient had his chest region punctured in numerous places and his lungs too. At first assessment the surgeons at Lewisham observed the same thing and first used staples to close him up before attempts at resuscitation began. Whenever we bring in anyone we are expected to make a quick medical report as first Medical responders in order to aid the doctors accurately render further help. We cannot and must not get it wrong or that would be the end of it.

This is why we are different from your regular medical people. We work like soldiers on the battlefield who need to make rapid on the spot assessments and respond accordingly that's why our universal focus as emergency personnel is high speed in everything we do because a minute delay could be the reason you live or die.

There is no medical journal that can explain away a mystery. What's unknown is unknown and would remain so until it is observed and seen to respond to a particular medical process and work then it moves from being unknown to known. But for now your desire to be fixated on what you think is an explanation is absurd to say the least sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. by CatfishBilly: 9:24pm On May 16, 2017
spacetacular:

Your last question shows me clearly that you are not a medical practitioner. How on earth would you even ask me about how we were able to accurately diagnose pneumothorax? You asking a paramedic how he or she got to accurately assess a pneumothorax is outrageously ridiculous and it shows you and I are not speaking the same language sir.

When you meet an accident victim with head and chest injuries and deep puncture wounds to his chest region and head that causes tension pneumothorax as air passes through those puncture wounds to crowd the abdominal region and stifling the lungs and if the lungs are punctured then air passes in and also passes out so the lungs suffer pressure loss and tension pneumothorax is the result. This patient had his chest region punctured in numerous places and his lungs too. At first assessment the surgeons at Lewisham observed the same thing and first used staples to close him up before attempts at resuscitation began. Whenever we bring in anyone we are expected to make a quick medical report as first Medical responders in order to aid the doctors accurately render further help. We cannot and must not get it wrong or that would be the end of it.

This is why we are different from your regular medical people. We work like soldiers on the battlefield who need to make rapid on the spot assessments and respond accordingly that's why our universal focus as emergency personnel is high speed in everything we do because a minute delay could be the reason you live or die.

There is no medical journal that can explain away a mystery. What's unknown is unknown and would remain so until it is observed and seen to respond to a particular medical process and work then it moves from being unknown to known. But for now your desire to be fixated on what you think is an explanation is absurd to say the least sir.

This your outburst was not needed at all, you could have simply said the patient had pneumothorax based on the signs you listed, the penetrating chest injury and whatnot. I'm not here to compare degrees with you, like someone already pointed out, it has degenerated to a dick measuring contest and I'm not for that.
I can point out errors in your pneumothorax explanation, but that's not the aim of this discussion.

As for your last submission, medical journals have given explanations, that have been peer reviewed and published. You can bury your head in the sand, no one would begrudge you that, that's your own cup of tea. You can keep on calling it a mystery if it makes you sleep well at night and gives you motivation to do your job as a paramedic. Those who know have accepted.
Better still like I've been telling you, publish your findings, medicine could do with a counter opinion, who knows, you might win a Nobel grin grin
Good night.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Confesses: I Belong To The Ogboni Confraternity (FULL INTERVIEW) / Can A Born Again Christian Lose His Salvation? / Jesus Saves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.