Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Water Scarcity Hits Calabar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Water Scarcity Hits Calabar (17633 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Katsina Borders, Litre Goes For N250 / Fuel Scarcity Hits Ogun, Lagos, Adamawa Borders, Petrol Sells For N600 Per Litre / Residents Groan As Water Scarcity Persists In States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by smartiyke78: 11:46am On May 16, 2017
And wot happend to borehole water,,, or is dia a law prohibiting it dia bsides na riverine area b dat!
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by figure007(m): 11:48am On May 16, 2017
Are you saying the whole of calabar or the villages ? And moreover why depend on government for water ? You no get well,borehole,...? I don't understand .... Things like this are only limited to some parts of the state and not all ...sooo
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Blue3k(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2017
evy1:
cross river state is among the lucky state that its water board corporation has been functioning for a long time,till the shoki governor Ayade came on board

Interesting I didn't know that. I do hate how the governor is life and death in Nigeria. Why exactly would he mess up a system that ran well for decades. This is same guy who can't make EIA to save his life.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Idyllik(f): 11:53am On May 16, 2017
Islie:

• Residents buy sachet water to bathe, cook

Is it that they can no longer pump water?

http://sunnewsonline.com/water-scarcity-hits-calabar/

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by seeker121(m): 11:53am On May 16, 2017
This one just weak me...
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by jimcoservices: 11:56am On May 16, 2017
Unnecessary complaints, other cities don't have water board. Digging a borehole in Calabar is less than 500k cos Calabar is surrounded by water. In other states, 2m can't get u a borehole yet no complaint
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by eskorbrown(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2017
I don't know wer d Op got his info. I reside in calabar south.Deris no place in caly south dat deris no borehole. Am not even sure he resides in calabar.Cos he mentioned Mayne avenue, Ekpo Abasi, Eyamba ,Calabar south etc. Dos streets are in CALABAR SOUTH and deris water.Calabar municipality rely solely on water board, dat is y water is scarce in calabar municipality. Even at dat, boreholes are der in some streets. So, Op, better get ur facts straight before jumping to conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Goodinfo: 12:00pm On May 16, 2017
jimcoservices:
Unnecessary complaints, other cities don't have water board. Digging a borehole in Calabar is less than 500k cos Calabar is surrounded by water. In other states, 2m can't get u a borehole yet no complaint

Look at this mumu. U are just forming rich. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by yaki84: 12:04pm On May 16, 2017
Benekruku:
Dangote should just kukuma buy the state

Akwa-Ibom would be better managed under The Dangote Group!
when a nigerian dont know nigeria. Pitiable
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Emmawa(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2017
I don't know wot to say over this
fuckerstard:
I reserve my comment.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Benekruku(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2017
yaki84:

when a nigerian dont know nigeria. Pitiable

Go an withdraw money with it at Eco bank!
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Ate247(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2017
Rank50:
This is a made up story.
1. Nobody uses government water system anymore.. There is borehole water everywhere
2. Even if that was true then where did the satchet water companies get their own water from
3. Its raining like steady now in the south south.
This story is a big lie Mohammed
water board in calabar was working effectively 4 d past 12 years until 2 months ago. Dough my house n just 1 other are d only commercial borehole in a vast area in federal housing estate.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Goodinfo: 12:17pm On May 16, 2017
smartiyke78:
And wot happend to borehole water,,, or is dia a law prohibiting it dia bsides na riverine area b dat!

Olodo! must u comment?
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by dominique(f): 12:27pm On May 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Meanwhile, Buhari is London

To be a zombie is not a days job

Your APC politicians are in their mansions with 20 security men, cooks and good food

I wish Buhari will rule Nigeria for 80 more years

Una never see anything

We never suffered when Goodluck Jonathan was the president

Enojoy the change you voted for

Because it is Buhari that controls the Cross River State Water Board right? Even before your Hero Jonathan left power, the economy was already nose diving. So you actually believe that he would have averted this economic meltdown had he been retained in power? iLaugh, continue to live in your delusion grandeur that your Hero would have magically rescued us from the recession that was looming while he was in power.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by fashrola(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2017
kinngie:

Akwa-Ibom is different from Cross River naa

If you tell them to travel out of their state and meet new people and learn they will start cursing .....
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by UnimkeAk(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2017
Fozi:
But na so e been done dey dey calabar people no like to do borehole for their compound so them never see something

Like drilling borehole is a big deal, when they had access to daily supply, 24-7 of portable water, u expect them to still go around drilling boreholes.

Ayade is just a curse to cross riverians.
2019 apc, not that we expect anything better, but jst to purnish ayade and his co governor of a brother.

Imoke was trying, i swear and we didnt know.
In over two years ayade has not executed and completed to fuctioning capacity any project in the state

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by anidat77(m): 12:47pm On May 16, 2017
Na wa o ...I really miss Donald Duke, that guy was just too advanced for his time as a governor.

If you can remember water pressure in those pipes ,you had to connect two sets of inlet valves into your apartment to prevents damage to your local plumbing.

Now Calabar has lost all tracks from less entertaining carnivals to no business in EPZ to no water...

How can a director of a public utility service give an indefinite and unplanned duration for repair processes without considering the satisfaction of tax payers.
Is there no plan?

Poverty is certainly not lack of money....but lack of ideas. embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by misterh(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2017
jimcoservices:
Water supply in Calabar has been effective from more than a decade, so why should there be need for the residents to sink boreholes? It's not as if they don't have money to construct but there was no need for it. So, the complaints aren't unnecessary.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by evy1(m): 12:51pm On May 16, 2017
Blue3k:

Interesting I didn't know that. I do hate how the governor is life and death in Nigeria. Why exactly would he mess up a system that ran well for decades. This is same guy who can't make EIA to save his life.
That is what we are suffering in the state..he has converted almost all the government properties and he has been globe trotting all in the name of signing MOU..Governance in CRS is a mess.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by abbeyty(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:

is it not borehole you are using ..Even Tinubu uses borehole in his bourdillon house ..except you think borehole is public utility water but I hope you know it's not ..My house has water but it's from borehole and I don't consider that being potable water availability

so, why are we still voting for these people if they cant provide citizens with basic things of life. you provide water for yourself by digging boreholes, electricity by using generator even though you still pay Nepa bills some communities even build roads for themselves

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by MrTechy(m): 12:54pm On May 16, 2017
Bros stop to the lie that is shit.... Am in calabar right now.... Rain where the fall no be small and u're telling me water scarcity?
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by jerusalem101: 12:55pm On May 16, 2017
Everything and all the legacies of Donald Duke died the moment he left office. But things became worst when Ben Ayade and his unfathomable clueless ness came into office.
Now Calabar is known for perennial Cult war popularly known as Temple Run, a situation were cultists hold the state capital to ransom in broad daylight and no one dare raise an eyebrow about it.
Very soon, calabar, the once cleanest city will soon be exporting refused for revenue, and pot hole is the order of the day.
Legacies of a Man called Ayade who runs to Transcorp in abuja and deceived his people that he is in China looking for investors, a Man who pays more attention to his convoy that is a bit less than that of the C-N-C, than the State.
Obudu cattle ranch built by Donald, dead.
Marina resort built by Donald, by the grave yard.
Tinapa built by Donald, dead and buried.
International conference center built by Imoke, by the grave yard.
Every other tourism potentials seriously decimated by his clueless ness.
Garment factory built by Ayade, SCAM.
Superhighway dead dream, biggest SCAM
Notorious cult war flourishing under Ayade, reality.
State capital turned to refuse dump, reality under Ayade.
Face booking and propaganda, competiting favourable with APC led federal Government, I give him 95%.
His level of unpreparedness and arrogancy, 95%.
For now Cross River State has no Governor, until the state will have a functional government, God please don't forget your people over there.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by nextstep(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2017
Calabar, sitting on rivers and creeks, in a state called Rivers, yet no drinking water. Naija sef.

But at least this is due to (overdue) maintenance and vandalism... It probably will be fixed soon
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 16, 2017
Get a generator Aurora Telemundo angry I'm sure u av one but u prefer to reserve it for Telemundo angry

cheesy cheesy wink
AuroraB:
Meanwhile, 2months now, no light in my area to pump water. Borehole dey oooo.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Mcreloaded(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2017
I will say its a miracle you guys still have water board you complain to that's nice well the last time I was in Benin in Edo state they don't have anything like water board yet they are self sufficient in issues concerning water or is it Ekpoma in Edo state that don't even know the meaning of water board please copy from Edo state how they survive with out water board90% of houses in Benin have bore hole or Ekpoma where there are enough tankers to supply water from far away rivers. Mind you also try and resist the government when they come to tax houses with bore hole as they almost succeeded in Lucky's administration it was not a laughing matter
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by AuroraB(f): 2:08pm On May 16, 2017
romeorails:
Get a generator Aurora Telemundo angry I'm sure u av one but u prefer to reserve it for Telemundo angry

cheesy cheesy wink
Why should I buy a generator, I pay tax tongue grin cheesy cheesy grin
I don't watch Telemundo though cool
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 16, 2017
I knew that this world bank funded water project wont work, becos of erratic power supply, as long as the water board is run like a free for all business i wont make enough funds to buy diesel for its generators.

Its better to get your bore hole, the initial investment is worth it.

Water board is taking calabar back to the 90s were getting water running in your house was a luxury and digging a pit latrine in a compound was the norm.

There will employment for pit latrine diggers now.
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Damfostopper(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2017
in mount Zion that am staying for this Calabar south.... from goldie to orok orok street... borehole reach 10....i dnt know y the are complaining.... Sha waterboard water don cease
Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by GameGod(m): 4:16pm On May 16, 2017
RichYoungNigga:

Meanwhile, Buhari is London

To be a zombie is not a days job

Your APC politicians are in their mansions with 20 security men, cooks and good food

I wish Buhari will rule Nigeria for 80 more years

Una never see anything

We never suffered when Goodluck Jonathan was the president

Enojoy the change you voted for
I'm glad that your posts are in pink. Anytime I see pink bold post I will just skip it because I know it's completely trash.

1 Like

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 16, 2017
AuroraB:
Why should I buy a generator, I pay tax tongue grin cheesy cheesy grin
I don't watch Telemundo though cool

Mama AuroraB: ...

Re: Water Scarcity Hits Calabar by AuroraB(f): 4:51pm On May 16, 2017
unclezuma:

Mama AuroraB: ...
The picture or meme you attached has refused to load on my phone oooooo grin
I do hope I'm safe cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Obaseki Sacks All Local Government Appointees / Pictures As Gombe Residents Welcome Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.