Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? (1623 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / 5 Unfair Situations Girls Get Guys Into. / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Hotchyk(f): 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
How 'hard-to-get' should a girl play? Especially when she knows that she will eventually hit it off with the guy. A friend of mine met a guy two weeks before he was supposed to travel back to the U.S, and within a week,they were already going out.Other friends of ours were really pissed with her cos they felt she portrayed herself as being cheap and desperate.

She explained that he had most qualities she wanted in a guy,and that the guy in question wanted to know his position before travelling back to the U.S,so that he wouldnt need to hook up with any other girl.

So, guys, what do you think?
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by ebila(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2010
@post,
It is ok for a gurl to play hard-to-get,it makes us guys appreciate her beta.But den,taking it to d extreme will mean her losing out as d guy might decide to 'step' or if he's patient,she becomes a challenge.And beliv me,being a challenge means being dumped after he 'enters d zanga'.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Hotchyk(f): 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
'enters the zanga' oooops!
Thanks,dude
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by chibenwa(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
@hotchyk,did u ever play hard to get to ur
guy?
well its not bad playing hard to get,even we guys
smtimes do same,its all abt ur personality and intergrity,
u dont just put it off so cheap.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Hotchyk(f): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
I played hard to get with my boyfriend.As at the time he started showing interest in me,I was dating someone else amd I never minced words in telling him,I was more like rubbing it in. After I broke up with my ex,I still gave him more tough time,though I softened up bit.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Jcob(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
Good for you. you can still learn to get a life.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
@post
the guy was supposedly leaving soon and she said he showed her all the qualities that she requires in a man so why wait or play hard to get?! playing hard to get is in no way making the value of a women go higher, it just make the guy want you more (please understand the difference!)

its also safe to say that women shouldnt just jump in bed with any guy that they meets (not all at least) but there is a fine balance that has to be respected. . . . . depending on how F I N E this babe is and how much this guy is willing to go through to get her .

the problem that some women dont understand is that if you aint got nothing to back this "hard to get" acting then as soon as the guy has had a piece of you then he will look for som' better.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Jcob(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@post
the guy was supposedly leaving soon and she said he showed her all the qualities that she requires in a man so why wait or play hard to get?! playing hard to get is in no way making the value of a women go higher, it just make the guy want you more (please understand the difference!)

its also safe to say that women shouldnt just jump in bed with any guy that they meets (not all at least) but there is a fine balance that has to be respected. . . . . depending on how F I N E this babe is and how much this guy is willing to go through to get her .

the problem that some women dont understand is that if you aint got nothing to back this "hard to get" acting then as soon as the guy has had a piece of you then he will look for som' better.

God bless you brother. you too dey talk sense. thats why i dont walk past your posts.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by echobee(f): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
if i really like a guy,i will not play hard to get,and i will not be cheap to get. i will just be my normal self.
@poster,
ur friend was not cheap.she got what she wanted.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Akanbiedu(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hotchyk:

I played hard to get with my boyfriend.As at the time he started showing interest in me,I was dating someone else amd I never minced words in telling him,I was more like rubbing it in. After I broke up with my ex,I still gave him more tough time,though I softened up bit.

Hope your guy is not the unforgiving type? Some men will take their revenge at the slightest opportunity later, and he's going to justify it to himself.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Pweety4me(f): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2010
Some men just don't like d chase and won't even bother so. . . undecided
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Dammyray(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@post

the problem that some women dont understand is that if you aint got nothing to back this "hard to get" acting then as soon as the guy has had a piece of you then he will look for som' better. OPTION WEY FINE PASS U, Thanks Bro let dem know

Akanbi_edu link=topic=380182.msg5300876#msg5300876 date=1263315353:

Hope your guy is not the unforgiving type? Some men will take their revenge at the slightest opportunity later, and he's going to justify it to himself.

Like me, i love revenge likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by freecocoa(f): 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2010
I won't cal it playing hard 2 get,i just take some time to find out somethings about the guy,if am cool & satisfied wit wat i find out,i just go for it.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by woye77: 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
@hotchyk (poster) your friend wanted to use the guy to obtain visa so desperation might have pleyed a part grin grin grin but on a serious note, i feel only girls who lack self confidence engage in playing 'hard to get' - contrary to popular opinion, the length of time it takes fr a guy to get you does not affect the level of respect he accords you - just like i said on another thread, what men really want is the quality you bring into a relationship not the resistance you show - playing hard to get is sometimes counter-productive and could make the guy loose interest especially if such a guy has other options to consider lipsrsealed
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
woye77:

@hotchyk (poster) your friend wanted to use the guy to obtain visa so desperation might have pleyed a part grin grin grin but on a serious note, i feel only girls who lack self confidence engage in playing 'hard to get' - contrary to popular opinion, the length of time it takes fr a guy to get you does not affect the level of respect he accords you - just like i said on another thread, what men really want is the quality you bring into a relationship not the resistance you show - playing hard to get is sometimes counter-productive and could make the guy loose interest especially if such a guy has other options to consider lipsrsealed
There's a difference between a boy asking you out and a man, what you've just written definitey applies to a man, they've been there, done that, now it's time to get serious.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by omega25red(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hotchyk:

How 'hard-to-get' should a girl play?especially when she knows that she will eventually hit it off with the guy. A friend of mine met a guy two weeks before he was supposed to travel back to the U.S, and within a week,they were already going out.Other friends of ours were really pissed with her cos they felt she portrayed herself as being cheap and desperate.
She explained that he had most qualities she wanted in a guy,and that the guy in question wanted to know his position before travelling back to the U.S,so that he wouldnt need to hook up with any other girl.
So,guys,what do you think?
as far as the dude wanting to know his position within a week of meeting her is b.s that dude has no game and he used wanting to know his position to score tell your home girl that he is GONE! lol
As for women in Nigeria you can never win with the backwards thinking in that country if you show interest you be ashewo if you try to respect your self they say you play hard to get. You cant win even after women of your own pares who do exactly the same thing call you a LovePeddler. oh well undecided
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
omega25red:

as far as the dude wanting to know his position within a week of meeting her is b.s that dude has no game and he used wanting to know his position to score tell your home girl that he is GONE! lol
As for women in Nigeria you can never win with the backwards thinking in that country if you show interest you be ashewo if you try to respect your self they say you play hard to get. You cant win even after women of your own pares who do exactly the same thing call you a LovePeddler. oh well undecided
LOL cheesy

Life can be cruel huh? cheesy
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by omega25red(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2010
ibkaye:

LOL cheesy

Life can be cruel huh? cheesy

aint it.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
I guess its a damned if you do and damned if you dont  situationundecided  If you agree to earlier, you are cheap and a ho, if you agree late you are a biatchy woman/witch and should be lynched.

Whats a girl to do? undecided
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by chamotex(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
Pweety4me:

Some men just don't like d chase and won't even bother so. . . undecided

Yep that's me . . . . Time is money.
I aint got time to be chasing Bisi around for too long when Bola and Lola are just round the corner waiting.

Unless she has something that I really want sooooo bad (but thats kinda rare) cool
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
@Ebonyeyes. Got my yahoo offline message. didn't you ?
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 9:53pm On Jan 12, 2010
@chamotex

I agree
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
Hey Deji, my YIM is not working at the moment. Hope you are well.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by chamotex(m): 10:09pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Enony stop playing 'hard-to-get' grin

Deji don't give up o. If her YIM does not work now it will work later. cheesy cheesy
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Not too bad. what's about yourself ? well, you know your way to

the computer section should you need any technical assistance.

I and my other colleagues will be able to assist you in any way we can.

Regards

Deji Sunday
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by deji2009(m): 10:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
chamotex:

Deji don't give up o. If her YIM does not work now it will work later. cheesy cheesy

You make laugh. lol I wish nairaland is like this always. you really make my day

I'm just laughing. there something funny cheesy
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
chamotex:

Boy you crazy tongue tongue tongue

deji2009:

Not too bad. what's about yourself ? well, you know your way to

the computer section should you need any technical assistance.

I and my other colleagues will be able to assist you in any way we can.

Regards

Deji Sunday

Thanks hun smiley
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by oluclem(m): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2010
There is no big deal a girl plays hard to get, but knowing when to stop (playing Hard to get) it is what matters, but nowadays ladies dey over do am. my ex did it 4 one year, but as soon as she fell intoi the trap, i discarded her cos anytime i see her i remember those period (of playing Hard to get).
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Hotchyk(f): 8:40am On Jan 13, 2010
Jcob:

Good for you. you can still learn to get a life.
Haba,ki la gbe ki le ju?
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Seun(m): 3:56pm On Jan 13, 2010
If he's gonna end up with you, he's gonna end up with you.  If he's going to leave he's going to leave.  Playing hard to get only delays the inevitable.  What should have been over in 2 weeks ends up taking 2 years and when the dust settles you are back in square one.  If a guy leaves you "because you didn't play hard to get", he was never going to end up with you.  He would have left even if you played hard-to-get. 

It's better to get it over with.  Don't waste your life on silly, immature games.  Life is short.
Re: Playing 'Hard-To-Get'. Guys, What Do You Think? by Pweety4me(f): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2010
chamotex:

Yep that's me . . . . Time is money.
I aint got time to be chasing Bisi around for too long when Bola and Lola are just round the corner waiting.

Unless she has something that I really want sooooo bad (but thats kinda rare) cool
Hehehe i hope Kunbeee won't hear dis "Bisi,Bola & Lola". . .hehehe tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs That He Really Loves You / Why Do We Stay In A Relationship That Won't Work Out? / The Myth Behind Wooeing A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.