Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' (26703 Views)

How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / 5 Things You Should Never Say To A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by PalmchatApp: 5:01pm On May 16, 2017
Many times, i begin to wonder why the rate of divorce is alarming even after people go for counselling or do a church wedding. There are somethings you expect to have been taught or probably heard about. People fall out of love on daily basis for flimsy excuses.
These are some of the things you don't get to hear before saying ''i do''.
1. Marriage is another school- As much as you know, you keep learning in marriage. It's an institution where you don't get tired of learning new things. It is an institution where your inlaws correct you on things you are doing wrong and how to go about it.

2. Marriage causes distance- No matter how close you are to your friends and family members, marriage keeps you busy. The hours you spend on calls wit them constantly reduces. The number of times you see also reduces, it is sometimes as a result of long distance, or ,marriage responsibilities.

3. Marriage changes you- So many people be like, ''my partner was not like this, she was slimmer, he doesn't really give attention anymore, this and that. Truth is, everyone changes not just your partner. Your status changes, your name changes, you either get fatter or have some stretch marks as a result of child birth. You change your mentality and how you act in public. There are some events you want to attend, but you can't. There are hangouts you can't be a part of.

4. In marriage, it is not always a smooth ride- There are times in marriage when you or your partner just feel like staying alone, there are times you just miss home, miss some memories, there are times you cry and smile. There are times you feel good and times you feel sad. There are times you both yell at each other, get mad, confused and have mixed emotions.

5. In marriage, it is not all about you- Many people always have what they want, their opinions always count when they were single. But it is not always like that in marriage, you must come to a agreement with your partner. It i not all about you. There are times you go out of your way to make your partner happy. Your partner's family members automatically become yours and you treat them right.

include what you think marriage really is aside the ones mentioned here.

5. Marriage

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Jay1F(m): 5:08pm On May 16, 2017
...@no.5
. If my marriage is not all about me, then who will it be all about Buhari

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:30pm On May 16, 2017
mtchewwww...
I will not comment sha...
before I break a rule!!
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by PalmchatApp: 10:50am On May 17, 2017
cc;lalasticlala
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Chai...

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Teewhy2: 12:40pm On May 17, 2017
Marriage makes you a "fool" , you need to play the "fool" to succeed in marriage, even if you are correct sometimes you need to say sorry and pretend the other party correct. If you can't say sorry or act like the " dumb" it will be hard for you to succeed in marriage.

Do you need to do a roof parapet, or you are building on a water logged land. Try to reduce your building load with the use of polystyrene material.
Get to know more by clicking below.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Ekakamba: 12:41pm On May 17, 2017
Marriage is forking overrated! A good home (marriage) is base on LUCK!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Famoustemmy(m): 12:41pm On May 17, 2017
Like if you are here to read comment like ME

18 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Dottore: 12:42pm On May 17, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by steph2sweet(f): 12:42pm On May 17, 2017
When I get to the bridge, I will cross it.
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by crownedprinz(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2017
People need to understand that they should treat their normal relationships like marriage too...they should apply this principles to relationships too..
always remember a stitch in time saves nine....learn now from your relationships

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by dingbang(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
Intending couples shy away from asking deep questions...
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by macbols(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
Ekakamba:

Might be overrated but even when a man gets himself a baby mama, people on nairaland will still complain and taunt Linda Ikeji to go and marry so, might also be necessary. The key to a good marriage is most likely tolerance though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Tenim47(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
Famoustemmy:
Like if you are here to read comment like ME
i read mine like a fool sad
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by ileogbenfidel(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2017
Marriage is a means to try to control a grownup man

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Pavore9: 12:46pm On May 17, 2017
Jay1F:
...@no.5
. If my marriage is not all about me, then who will it be all about Buhari

About you and your spouse.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by tukdi: 12:47pm On May 17, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by catherineokezie(f): 12:47pm On May 17, 2017
marriage has no general principle guiding it, because what works for Mr and Mrs A may not work for Mr and Mrs B

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by samexycool(m): 12:48pm On May 17, 2017
Noted

Jamb results for candidates that wrote on Monday 15, Day 2 is out..
https://edunaij.com.ng/check-jamb-result-2017/
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by kullozone(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2017
For those who are interested in marriage.
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Pavore9: 12:49pm On May 17, 2017
ileogbenfidel:
Marriage is a means to try to control a grownup man

If a grown up man can marry himself, have his children by himself, raise his children by himself and be a companion to himself...No one will control him through marrying a woman!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by ollymaye: 12:49pm On May 17, 2017
Marriage hmmm, I'm still afraid to drag my partner into it thou
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by dhardline(m): 12:49pm On May 17, 2017
Nothing is new here.
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by omniwater: 12:50pm On May 17, 2017
Marriage is overrated joor!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Sprumbaba: 12:52pm On May 17, 2017
Make sure everything is natural. No Yansh pad.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by Ekakamba: 12:53pm On May 17, 2017
macbols:

Might be overrated but even when a man gets himself a baby mama, people on nairaland will still complain and taunt Linda Ikeji to go and marry so, might also be necessary. The key to a good marriage is most likely tolerance though.
Tolerance? Partial joy.
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by IsaacBuchi(m): 12:54pm On May 17, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by brandydaniells(m): 12:59pm On May 17, 2017
LONG NOTE .....SOME WILL STILL READ THIS AND STILL BREAK UP ....... grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Don't Get To Hear Before Saying''i Do'' by jennybright(f): 1:03pm On May 17, 2017
Ekakamba:

No my dear there is no try ur luck in marriage. Remember how you made your bed is how you lye on it. As the bible stated that a wise woman put her house together while the foolish one scatter hers. Meaning that you need to apply wisdom and understanding above all sacrifice. Without all these ..no way my brother. No matter how bad a man might be a good woman must pin him down with those three words. Dalu

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash / Why Do Some Married Men Eat In The Canteen Or Restaurant? / Why He Cheated: Your kitty Stinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.