Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line (3223 Views)

Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad / Breaking: Judge Orders Senator Abaribe To Pay N100m Over Kanu’s Absence In Court / N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by ariesbull: 5:02am On May 17, 2017
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe puts a stop in the national railway plan

The Senate, Tuesday, said it would decline to consider and approve the $5.8 billion loan request from the China Exim Bank by the Federal Government over the exclusion of the South-East from the beneficiaries of the loan.

The Federal Government had requested the approval of the Senate for it to borrow the sum for the construction of Standard Guage lines from Lagos-Kano, Kano-Kaduna, Lagos-Ibadan, and Lagos Calabar.

While considering a motion moved by Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, (PDP Abia South), the senate resolved that the loan would not be considered except all regions were carried along in the utilisation of the loan.

The Senate upheld the argument of Senator Abaribe that there was no reason why the South East should be excluded from the rail project for which the loan was sought.

Abaribe in his motion requested the Senate to suspend consideration of the loan request until the Federal Government included the South East as beneficiaries in the project.

However, the President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki noted that the leadership of the National Assembly had already identified the flaw and had taken it up with the executive.

Read more at http://etimes.com.ng/2017/05/16/senator-enyinnaya-abaribe-puts-stop-national-railway-plan/

9 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 5:07am On May 17, 2017
yeasterners don't need rail coming to Lagos we don't want them undecided they should better make it from from onisha to aba market nt southwest. yeye dey smell.

7 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Amarabae(f): 5:11am On May 17, 2017
Nice one Abaribe.
How can the SE be excluded from the project?
This country is evil o.
May development continue to run away from its shores.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by McDee01(m): 5:29am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:
yeasterners don't need rail coming to Lagos we don't want them undecided they should better make it from from onisha to aba market nt southwest. yeye dey smell.

Damn!! This "toyboy" is really full of shit!! You will come saying you are not "tribalist" in real life but I can see your life is filled with hatred and bitterness!! Seriously, you need an exorcism. You may not need them but many of our own that go there to transact business in other to feed their families do.

How can the south-easterners not want to be liberated when they are excluded in projects like this?? How do you want them to be happy being identified as part of the nation whiles they are being treated as slaves that are being fed with leftovers of foods meant for dogs and sometimes nothing at all? "One lamba, one Nigeria kwo??

It is well!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by ariesbull: 5:43am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

Do you wake up everyday on this mood ? I am not understanding how can someone wake up with such a negative energy

How can you succeed with this ?

You really​ need a change of orientation....Atleast in morning

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by ariesbull: 5:45am On May 17, 2017
McDee01:

Damn!! This "toyboy" is really full of shit!! You will come saying you are not "tribalist" in real life but I can see your life is filled with hatred and bitterness!! Seriously, you need an exorcism. You may not need them but many of our own that go there to transact business in other to feed their families do.

How can the south-easterners not want to be liberated when they are excluded in projects like this?? How do you want them to be happy being identified as part of the nation whiles they are being treated as slaves that are being fed with leftovers of foods meant for dogs and sometimes nothing at all? "One lamba, one Nigeria kwo??

It is well!!

I wonder how he wakes up with this mentality and thinks he can better his life

So much negative energy in him

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by McDee01(m): 6:00am On May 17, 2017
ariesbull:

I wonder how he wakes up with this mentality and thinks he can better his life

So much negative energy in him

It is not his fault. He is a toyboy that got gifted a toy phone which he can use in spreading his negativity and throw tantrums everywhere he goes. Had it been that the internet can scan people before they are allowed a gateway, we all will not be experiencing the type of idiocy we see on this platform.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Nobody: 6:03am On May 17, 2017
All regions should be connected.. as its a loan repayable from the govt purse which is a general contribution from all states....

These are the xtics that cause disparity within us. It should not have surfaced without all these being treated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Vicolan: 6:28am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

It seems your hatred these days is becoming something else...... We knew some tribe with this trait but suddenly u've overtaken them.....

Hatred can limit someone's life

Take a chill drink bro OK?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by sdindan: 6:30am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

You sounded like someone from Ekiti state.
Lagos wanna be

7 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by opalu: 6:31am On May 17, 2017
Lol
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Dejohnbull: 6:41am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:
Just look at u yokohama

7 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by jieta: 6:43am On May 17, 2017
good one from the senate.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Shawnnn01: 6:52am On May 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Nice one Abaribe.
How can the SE be excluded from the project?
This country is evil o.
May development continue to run away from its shores.

That is how development too will be running away from your chores. May you remain bitter till your grave. When your Biafra comes you can have all the rail you want.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Nobody: 7:31am On May 17, 2017
but have any of you thought of where the money that would be used to service and pay back this loan come from? ok, listen and listen good, from all relevant and economic statistics the north is virtually a parasite, the yeast is making noise about not being included, the wide wide west are happy more development for them, while the rest rejoice, the Niger delta would be the one to bear the burden alone, paying for your development, paying for your survival, paying for your unity, paying for your food, paying for your cloth, paying for the water you drink,we are paying everything for Nigeria, with our environment, our lands, our water... and what do we get, polluted water and land, we cant fish any more, our environs are gone, as usual Niger delta want to pay again for your trans national rail line. while we remain undeveloped,

Goodluck ebele jonathan, any where you are hear me....i blame you, there was an opportunity for a meaningful development in the Niger delta, but u decided to develop the north and steal money for yourself.....

Goodluck Where ever you are it shall not be well with you!... posterity will judge you.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by madenigga(m): 7:38am On May 17, 2017
This news is false.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by adadike281(f): 8:07am On May 17, 2017
I love u Eyinnaya. you fear no man. jisike, God is with you .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by madenigga(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2017
That news is false.
China has approved the loan, work has started.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by comos: 8:16am On May 17, 2017
kudos to Abaribe for stopping the loan
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Nobody: 8:18am On May 17, 2017
they are now fighting tooth and nail both the biafrans, Igbos etc. once they get the rail they will start shouting referendum..

confuse sets
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by bakynes(m): 8:22am On May 17, 2017
But I thought the Lagos- Calabar rail line passes through Aba and Nnewi? Or are they talking about a rail line across the SE? because the NE is not covered as well in the rail project.

The Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Ibadan covers the SW
The Lagos - Kano,The Kano - Kaduna and the already completed Abuja - Kaduna covers part of the NW and NC
The Lagos Calabar covers most part of the SS and a few part of the SE.

Only the NE is entirely left out, I think they should be the one complaining ahead of the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by IgbosAreGreat(f): 8:27am On May 17, 2017
Afonjas
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:12am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:
But I thought the Lagos- Calabar rail line passes through Aba and Nnewi? Or are they talking about a rail line across the SE? because the NE is not covered as well in the rail project.

The Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Ibadan covers the SW
The Lagos - Kano,The Kano - Kaduna and the already completed Abuja - Kaduna covers part of the NW and NC
The Lagos Calabar covers most part of the SS and a few part of the SE.

Only the NE is entirely left out, I think they should be the one complaining ahead of the SE.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-to-spends-n121bn-on-north-east/183006.html

So the south east should'nt complain about been sidelined in the project but yet, must pay tax once is completed ba?

Read up the link concerning the rehabilitation of the NE.

NB..Don't be a bigot.

STAY TRUE BRO.

BE GUIDED.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by bakynes(m): 9:18am On May 17, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-to-spends-n121bn-on-north-east/183006.html

So the south east should'nt complain about been sidelined in the project but yet, must pay tax once is completed ba?

NB..Don't be a bigot.

STAY TRUE BRO.

BE GUIDED.
Don't be a fool, I didn't say they don't have the right to complain, I only said at least the Lagos -Calabar passes through some part of the SE and that it is the NE that should be the ones complaining the most even ahead of the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:22am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:

Don't be a fool, I didn't say they don't have the right to complain, I only said at least the Lagos -Calabar passes through some part of the SE and that it is the NE that should be the ones complaining the most even ahead of the SE.

Did u even read d link at all.
I think your the Olodo here.
And pray tell the states in the south east the rail way will pass through or better still show me.
Iranu.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by saintmark88(m): 9:24am On May 17, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

NB..Don't be a bigot.

STAY TRUE BRO.

BE GUIDED.

The Lagos to Calabar rail line would pass tru Aba and Nnewi, so what are u pple talking about, these guys are the ones drawing this country back, they know the buhari govt is eager to see this project tru and it will be a big blow to their party, so they will play politics to see it doesn't see the light of day.

If the southeast senators want to stop d borrowing, what happened to d oda senators, can't they over ride d small amount of senators, these guys know what they r doing, they r fighting buhari

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by bakynes(m): 9:25am On May 17, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

Did u even read d link at all.
I think your the Olodo here.
And pray tell the states in the south east the rail way will pass through or better still show me.
Iranu.
You go and check the rail map Ameachi put out last year and you will see the Lagos-Calabar passes through two major towns of the SE.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 9:26am On May 17, 2017
McDee01:

It is well!!
why are you acting like hypocrite nau undecided you saw that amarabae post but chose to ignore it and faced my comment . the day I discovered most people I respect here are tribal bigots

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 9:30am On May 17, 2017
and the same ed1ot that own that screen shot is here complaining to be connected with southwest not just southwest to my state!!! no!no!no! sad we don't want people that would come and abuse us and call our land no mans land anymore.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Nkem4040: 9:33am On May 17, 2017
I LOVE THIS SEN. ENYINNAYA WITH ALL MY HEART. ONE OF THE BOLDEST SENATORS I HAVE SEEN FROM SE. SAME SENATOR THAT HELPED BAIL NNAMDI KANU WITHOUT FEAR! GOOD...STOP THE EFFING, WICKED PROJECT THAT THEY INTENTIONALLY EXCLUDED SE BECAUSE THEY ARE IGBOS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Released Boko Haram Commander Back To War Front, Leads Deadly Attacks / 2023: I Pity A Southern President. / Again, Another Poll Projects Peter Obi To Win - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.