Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,174 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line (3236 Views)

Senator Abaribe Questions CJN Tanko Muhammad / Breaking: Judge Orders Senator Abaribe To Pay N100m Over Kanu’s Absence In Court / N-Power Is Propaganda - Senator Abaribe Blasts Buhari's Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Nkem4040: 9:38am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:
[s]But I thought the Lagos- Calabar rail line passes through Aba and Nnewi? Or are they talking about a rail line across the SE? because the NE is not covered as well in the rail project.

The Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Ibadan covers the SW
The Lagos - Kano,The Kano - Kaduna and the already completed Abuja - Kaduna covers part of the NW and NC
The Lagos Calabar covers most part of the SS and a few part of the SE.

Only the NE is entirely left out, I think they should be the one complaining ahead of the SE. [/s]

AFONJA AND THEIR WAY OF REASONING. COMPARING NE TO SE?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by irepnaija4eva(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2017
saintmark88:

The Lagos to Calabar rail line would pass tru Aba and Nnewi, so what are u pple talking about, these guys are the ones drawing this country back, they know the buhari govt is eager to see this project tru and it will be a big blow to their party, so they will play politics to see it doesn't see the light of day.

If the southeast senators want to stop d borrowing, what happened to d oda senators, can't they over ride d small amount of senators, these guys know what they r doing, they r fighting buhari

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/222278-nigeria-secures-1-5-billion-chinese-loan-lagos-ibadan-rail.html

Bros nobody is fighting buhari here.The only reason why d southeast senators are boycotting the loan is because of the exclusion of the south east in the project.

That's why the senate summoned Amechi to explain why the southeast was excluded.
And you saying that the southeast is pulling the country backwards is ridiculous.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by bakynes(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/222278-nigeria-secures-1-5-billion-chinese-loan-lagos-ibadan-rail.html

Bros nobody is fighting buhari here.The only reason why d southeast senators are boycotting the loan is because of the exclusion of the south east in the project.

That's why the senate summoned Amechi to explain why the southeast was excluded.
And you saying that the southeast is pulling the country backwards is ridiculous.
Is the SE entirely excluded? I don't want to be insulting but I have just told you the rail line map Ameachi released last year has Aba and Nnewi covered in the Lagos-Calabar rail.

Am sure the Senator from Abia didn't see the rail Map that's what Ameachi is coming to show them in the Senate.

All regions is covered except the NE.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 9:56am On May 17, 2017
bakynes:
But I thought the Lagos- Calabar rail line passes through Aba and Nnewi? Or are they talking about a rail line across the SE? because the NE is not covered as well in the rail project.

The Lagos-Kano and Lagos-Ibadan covers the SW
The Lagos - Kano,The Kano - Kaduna and the already completed Abuja - Kaduna covers part of the NW and NC
The Lagos Calabar covers most part of the SS and a few part of the SE.

Only the NE is entirely left out, I think they should be the one complaining ahead of the SE.

don't mind them inferior complex people I thought it was from asaba before I read it would be from calabar so I don't know what they are complaining of when second Niger bridge is to be constructed.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 10:02am On May 17, 2017
irepnaija4eva:

if aba and nnewi are connected what else do we call exclution? what should NE east say? we better than all this or you want another one from IMO to Lagos then other state too would start demanding for theirs
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by hrykanu231(m): 10:29am On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:
yeasterners don't need rail coming to Lagos we don't want them undecided they should better make it from from onisha to aba market nt southwest. yeye dey smell.

I bet you are unemployed or you have a low paying job. Why are most youths in this country acting like fools, despite how quick they get educated? You mean u cannot contribute to topical issues without lacing same with tribal bigotry?
With this way of thinking, our present crop of leaders will continually rule(despite their abysmal performance), because your likes have their priorities misplaced. Grow up son

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2017
Nkem4040:

AFONJA AND THEIR WAY OF REASONING. COMPARING NE TO SE?
what's their difference please! tell us both contribute unrest to our economy and add approximately zero or - to our economy with their barren land and massive importation of substandard China product
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by HzRF(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2017
saintmark88:

The Lagos to Calabar rail line would pass tru Aba and Nnewi, so what are u pple talking about, these guys are the ones drawing this country back, they know the buhari govt is eager to see this project tru and it will be a big blow to their party, so they will play politics to see it doesn't see the light of day.

If the southeast senators want to stop d borrowing, what happened to d oda senators, can't they over ride d small amount of senators, these guys know what they r doing, they r fighting buhari

Pdp controls the senate
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by saintmark88(m): 11:40am On May 17, 2017
HzRF:

Pdp controls the senate

Its highly evident
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by kenny987(f): 11:41am On May 17, 2017
madenigga:
That news is false.
China has approved the loan, work has started.

China cannot approve a loan that has not been applied for, said loan cannot be applied for until the NASS gives the go-ahead and that's where we're at now.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2017
hrykanu231:

I bet you are unemployed or you have a low paying job. Why are most youths in this country acting like fools, despite how quick they get educated? You mean u cannot contribute to topical issues without lacing same with tribal bigotry?
With this way of thinking, our present crop of leaders will continually rule(despite their abysmal performance), because your likes have their priorities misplaced. Grow up son
you and mcdee01 are hypocryte now you guys are playing victim card. you chose to ignore tribal comment from your blowdas and want us to keep mute sad I even showed some of the screenshot you chose to ignore you guyz tought you are smarter than others. it would never be SS vs SW always SE causing confusion in the south angry hypocrite go back to redmud republic, one amarabushdog is typing trash about Nigeria and reside in abuja
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by CharlotteFlair: 11:45am On May 17, 2017
gocac:
but have any of you thought of where the money that would be used to service and pay back this loan come from? ok, listen and listen good, from all relevant and economic statistics the north is virtually a parasite, the yeast is making noise about not being included, the wide wide west are happy more development for them, while the rest rejoice, the Niger delta would be the one to bear the burden alone, paying for your development, paying for your survival, paying for your unity, paying for your food, paying for your cloth, paying for the water you drink,we are paying everything for Nigeria, with our environment, our lands, our water... and what do we get, polluted water and land, we cant fish any more, our environs are gone, as usual Niger delta want to pay again for your trans national rail line. while we remain undeveloped,

Goodluck ebele jonathan, any where you are hear me....i blame you, there was an opportunity for a meaningful development in the Niger delta, but u decided to develop the north and steal money for yourself.....

Goodluck Where ever you are it shall not be well with you!... posterity will judge you.
Rantings of an inconsequential illiterate militant. What happened to the lagoons in ND? Can't you jump into one and make it your permanent place of abode?
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by hrykanu231(m): 12:15pm On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

you and mcdee01 are hypocryte now you guys are playing victim card. you chose to ignore tribal comment from your blowdas and want us to keep mute sad I even showed some of the screenshot you chose to ignore you guyz tought you are smarter than others. it would never be SS vs SW always SE causing confusion in the south angry hypocrite go back to redmud republic, one amarabushdog is typing trash about Nigeria and reside in abuja

Again u have shown your s.tupidity, I am not from the eastern part of Nigeria. I quoted you because your post was almost d first. Dude, stop "buying time" for your ignorance I hate every form of tribalism...what is wrong is wrong. We as youths must start thinking right to enable us take charge from these set of old phools who don't like us.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Candyrain(m): 12:23pm On May 17, 2017
Shawnnn01:

That is how development too will be running away from your chores. May you remain bitter till your grave. When your Biafra comes you can have all the rail you want.

True at the bold but right now as long as SE contribute no matter how little to the govt purse then they'll continue to demand for their own share of any national project.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 12:25pm On May 17, 2017
hrykanu231:

Again u have shown your s.tupidity, I am not from the eastern part of Nigeria. I quoted you because your post was almost d first. Dude, stop "buying time" for your ignorance I hate every form of tribalism...what is wrong is wrong. We as youths must start thinking right to enable us take charge from these set of old phools who don't like us.
okay! cool if its about that we are together if its about unity restructuring I'm not against that but when its support in our biafuro sad this and that then there would be no unity. we are simple in SW and don't have hardened mind.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by tollyboy5(m): 12:33pm On May 17, 2017
Candyrain:

True at the bold but right now as long as SE contribute no matter how little to the govt purse then they'll continue to demand for the own share of any national project.
That is it if you would be having your biafuro in future you don't need rail project what you need is major roads to be completed within your region hypocrite I use to think southerners are more integrated than before not until they start recycling past war shifting blames. I've never travelled to their land but I know how much dislike they have for us in our land
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Candyrain(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2017
tollyboy5:

That is it if you would be having your biafuro in future you don't need rail project what you need is major roads to be completed within your region hypocrite I use to think southerners are more integrated than before not until they start recycling past war shifting blames. I've never travelled to their land but I know how much dislike they have for us in our land

Shuuuuu off boy
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by ariesbull: 6:51pm On May 17, 2017
madenigga:
That news is false.
China has approved the loan, work has started.

And can't the work be stopped

These nairaland kids seffs
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Shawnnn01: 8:13pm On May 17, 2017
Candyrain:

True at the bold but right now as long as SE contribute no matter how little to the govt purse then they'll continue to demand for their own share of any national project.

My dear demands won't earn you what you want or should be entitled to. You lobby, even the USA n Israel allows for that. To buttress my point you'll see that the rail line will never be readjusted because of the demands of the Eastern senators n the budget will be passed just so you understand your demand is of no significance.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Shawnnn01: 8:21pm On May 17, 2017
adadike281:
I love u Eyinnaya. you fear no man. jisike, God is with you .

The noise this senator is making won't earn what you desire. At the end of the day the minority will have their say (noise making n grandstanding) but the budget will be passed without the inclusion of the SE n the majority will have their rail n more agitation n wail when you finally realise grandstanding won't earn you what you desire but lobbying will with ease.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by adadike281(f): 8:43pm On May 17, 2017
Shawnnn01:

The noise this senator is making won't earn what you desire. At the end of the day the minority will have their say (noise making n grandstanding) but the budget will be passed without the inclusion of the SE n the majority will have their rail n more agitation n wail when you finally realise grandstanding won't earn you what you desire but lobbying will with ease.
ignored!
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by Dedetwo(m): 9:35pm On May 17, 2017
saintmark88:

Why must Nigeria have Lagos Calabar rail line? There is eastern rail line already from Makurdi to Port Harcourt. A rail line could link Enugu and Calabar. There is no sense linking Lagos, western rail line, with another seaport city in the east.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by 9jatriot(m): 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hope we see why wickedness does not pay.
Re: Senator Abaribe Stops The Building Of Trans National Rail Line by NGpatriot: 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
Dedetwo:

Why must Nigeria have Lagos Calabar rail line? There is eastern rail line already from Makurdi to Port Harcourt. A rail line could link Enugu and Calabar. There is no sense linking Lagos, western rail line, with another seaport city in the east.

Leaving out Lagos out of any rail or transportation network is basically economic suicide, whatever you ship to the SE or SS must find it's way to the largest consumer markets and disposable income buyers in Lagos and the SW in particular. You can not sustain or derive meaningful economic benefits by sidetracking Lagos or any safe and effective rail transportation of goods and services to and from Lagos.

Quit being shortsighted because of tribal and regional sentiments, you have more to gain by having access to Lagos via rail networks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa-fulani Youths Protest In Benue / The Sorry State Of The Onitsha-awka Expressway In Anambra State (pics) / Osinbajo's Animated Laugh To Buhari Jokes, A Low Esteem Or Just Normal Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.