Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! (1233 Views)

Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory / Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by NewAgeAkanbi: 8:43pm On May 17, 2017
POLICE in Enugu on Tuesday barred members of the Assemblies of God loyal to the General Superintendent of the church, Reverend Prof Paul Emeka from gaining entry into the National Secretariat of the church located at Plot R8, Ozobulu Street, Independence Lay-out, Enugu.

A detached armed policemen fired tear gas sporadically into the members of the church to disperse them from marching into the secretariat which they lost to their rivalry group as a result of illegal invasion with any order from the court led by Reverend Chidi Okoroafor who claimed he is now the General Superintendent of the church.

Scores of the protesting Assemblies of God members mostly women were wounded while moving peacefully to their church national secretariat the security operatives who insisted the Secretariat “is no-go area” for them.

The Reverend Emeka supporters had earlier gathered at Assemblies of God, New Haven, also in the metropolis where they were addressed by their Leader (Reverend Paul Emeka).

Reverend Emeka told them that the document the Reverend Chidi Okoroafor is parading is fake as it did not come from Supreme Court.

According to Reverend Emeka, “If the Supreme Court has given an order that Chidi should go in and Paul Emeka to go out, I would have gone whether Chidi is right or wrong”

“Why use self-help if Supreme Court had given such an order to exit me from office?”

“What pains me most is that Chdi was my student. I taught him. I want to let you know that Paul Emeka is not the problem in Assemblies of God. Even if I resign now many people have sworn no to work under Chidi and his cohort.”

The Cleric maintained, “The occupation of the Secretariat is evil. They want us to surrender. But we will not surrender to coup plotters. We will not surrender to those who do not know their Bible. We will not surrender to those who came to Assembly because of money. We will surrender to truth. We will surrender to God.”

“Let police do what it should do. The Police should not pretend. However, the Court has told us to take back our possession. We are going to reclaim our secretariat,” Emeka remarked.

In the suit no: FHC/EN/CSS/52/2017 which was made available to NIGERIAN TRIBUNE in Enugu, the Federal High Court, Enugu, presided over by Justice R. O. Dugbo-Oghoghorie granted an interim order to Emeka group, “retraining the police from stopping, restraining, preventing or in any manner whatsoever continuing to inhibit, lock out or exclude the Applicants namely Reverends Dr Raphael Itotoh, Emmanuel Ngene and Daniel Amaugo.

The clergymen had challenged the Commissioner of Police, Enugu State, Inspector-General of Police, Police Serving Commission and Attorney-General of the Federation at the Federal High Court, Enugu over the alleged illegal occupation of their secretariat by the police.

Update reaching us yesterday afternoon that It may interest you yesterday know that the supreme court has given interpretation to the supreme court judgement sign by the chief registrar signed by Mr Ibrahim Gold, Director(Legal, Processes & Archives).

It states:

We are not mindful of the order 8 Rule 18:

When the Court directs any judgement to be enforced by another Court.

a Certificate under the seal of the court and the hand of the Presiding Justice setting forth the judgement shall be transmitted by the Registrar to such other Court, and the latter shall enforce such Judgement in terms of the certificate.

We never transmitted any certificate to warrant enforcement. Do accept the assurances of the Chief Registrar's warm regards.

Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by mexxmoney: 9:12pm On May 17, 2017
It's a shame!!!
Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by thunder74(m): 9:22pm On May 17, 2017
I am mindful to reply the OP on the subject above because I am a member of the church and also a member of the enlarged legal team for the church.
The matter is not between Paul Emeka and Rev. Chidi OKOROAFOR, it is matter between Rev Paul Emeka and the church.
The summary of the matter is that
Rev Paul was elected as the General Superintendent the same day other EC (Executive Committee) members were elected also. Assemblies of God does not have a G O like other Pentecostal churches but the GS consults other EC member before decisions are made. Rev Emeka was managing the affairs of the church like G O.

Rev Emeka unilaterally dissolved the governing body of the church's university (Evangel University), sacked all the principal officers against NUC guidelines. When he was cautioned, he refused that nobody can control him or tell him what to do.

This was the beginning of the crises.

Read more here

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=290619784448317&id=100005008929829
Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by Nomswilli(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2017
thunder74:
I am mindful to reply the OP on the subject above because I am a member of the church and also a member of the enlarged legal team for the church.
The matter is not between Paul Emeka and Rev. Chidi OKOROAFOR, it is matter between Rev Paul Emeka and the church.
The summary of the matter is that
Rev Paul was elected as the General Superintendent the same day other EC (Executive Committee) members were elected also. Assemblies of God does not have a G O like other Pentecostal churches but the GS consults other EC member before decisions are made. Rev Emeka was managing the affairs of the church like G O.

Rev Emeka unilaterally dissolved the governing body of the church's university (Evangel University), sacked all the principal officers against NUC guidelines. When he was cautioned, he refused that nobody can control him or tell him what to do.

This is the beginning of the crises.

Read more here

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=290619784448317&id=100005008929829
please how long has this been happening...?
Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by thunder74(m): 9:36pm On May 17, 2017
Nomswilli:
please how long has this been happening...?
About three years ago..
Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by Nomswilli(m): 9:38pm On May 17, 2017
Just heard an advert now on dream FM Enugu now that REV OKORAFOR is hosting a thanksgiving program at the same national headquarters soon
Re: Assemblies Of God Nigeria Yet Again! by thunder74(m): 9:45pm On May 17, 2017
Nomswilli:
Just heard an advert now on dream FM Enugu now that REV OKORAFOR is hosting a thanksgiving program at the same national headquarters soon
You are right, the church is thanking God for the sanitation of the church. Rev Emeka's appeal against the Court of Appeal's judgement was dismissed by the Supreme court. This crisis caused so much embarrassments to the church. We must thank God.

Read more here also
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=773392096171081&id=100005008929829

(1) (Reply)

False Gospel Of Prosperity By Sadhu Sundar Selveraj / Ask An Atheist: Stupid Questions / 7 Question every Atheist Should Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.