Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" (42798 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Gets VIP Treatment At Dallas Airport / Patience Ozokwor Celebrates Her Son Uchendu Chukwunonso Uzuevuegbe Birthday / Patience Ozokwor Reacts To Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by ANGELLILLY(f): 5:17pm On May 18, 2017
Choiszman:
Really?
.......no wrk wit hear say
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BetaThings: 5:29pm On May 18, 2017
1miccza:

EXAITLY WALAHI

Now rationalise this

Girls in Aba start sex at age 10 , research shows

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/girls-aba-start-sex-age-10-research-shows/

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by dom(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Okay
Good for you

It was in your best interest
because I heard that you became very sexually active at a very young age and extremely promiscuous back then in Asata, Enugu in the early 70s.

Enyi, ihea wu mama mmadu ka i n'ekwu maka ya. Not a Fair comment at all. Shes someone's mother. Grown up children too
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by snezBaba: 5:38pm On May 18, 2017
BrutalJab:

Is olori pelebe or olori gogoro ur name

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by mavinc4u(f): 6:17pm On May 18, 2017
BetaThings:

I can imagine!

Oh dear, amazing!

You need this advice better than me
You really do
What information have I passed to the world? I CHALLENGE you to quote me!

The only thing I feel is sadness at your remarkable ability to project your anger onto others and misdirect your message

You need to read this - there is serious lesson for you there
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4446830/Mother-texts-WRONG-person-hilarious-exchange.html

Werey ni grin . Go and check my first post you countered respond on. For you to quote me with that response for correcting ffk or whatever his moniker is means either you have 2 accounts on nairaland or you are birds of the same feathers. I don't quote for fun, I only quote to correct or point out facts. You need that link more than anyone else. Next time stick to the topic as it would help you go a long way. Kpele.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by mosez346(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2017
iammrjaai:
na wa oooh....so igbos do this too.?
U must be stupiditly biase
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by mavinc4u(f): 6:20pm On May 18, 2017
dom:

Enyi, ihea wu mama mmadu ka i n'ekwu maka ya. Not a Fair comment at all. Shes someone's mother. Grown up children too

My dear, ignore that guy. Didn't you see his moniker. What do you expect from such fellow?
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Yusufmanusman(m): 6:52pm On May 18, 2017
You are real happiers person on earth. Allah Almighty love who ever obey is parent. Your mama real try for you.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by kuuljay(m): 7:32pm On May 18, 2017
snezBaba:

Igbos sha, The way they twist things in their favour when they have been caught red-handed in their hypocrisy. lipsrsealed
Oya wetin bring Alhaji come the Topic madam undecided
Awon Olori pelebe, Alabosi
grin grin grin grin grin
I've spilt my beer in later, you funny die
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by 1miccza: 7:38pm On May 18, 2017
BetaThings:

Now rationalise this

Girls in Aba start sex at age 10 , research shows

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/girls-aba-start-sex-age-10-research-shows/

Does that justify marrying them off at a very young and immature age, who should be blamed for this, the parents, the girls or the society?
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by iammrjaai(m): 7:58pm On May 18, 2017
mosez346:
U must be stupiditly biase
. grin grin grin grin....and you must be foolishly insane...
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by irrefragable: 8:02pm On May 18, 2017
EazyMoh:

Madam park well! She also got married in this same 21st century we are in.
she got married in this 21st century? A marriage that happened in the 1970s is also 21st century?
I blame quota system for this crudeness, you abokis really need help.

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 18, 2017
iammrjaai:
Moreoffaith:
YOU SEE WHY YOU DONT BLAME A PARTICULAR ACT ON A TRIBE.

she was 19, not 9. a 19 yr old is a legal adult, can vote can drive etc. i dont support getting married that young. but that was the 70s and the way you guys are talking, one would think she was 9 yrs old at the time.

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
There is this misconception that Northern women are the ones that have their rights violated the most in this country. It is false. The truth is that igbo culture has no respect for the feminine gender. It is only in igboland that women are not permitted to inherit their fathers property. It is only in igboland that a widow is shaved and then forced to drink the water that had been used to wash the dead body of her late husband

Don't mind the hypocrites; moreover there is is study that revealed many Igbo girls become sexually active at the age of 10yrs, so it's ironic they can turnaround and condemn northerners for marrying off their teenage daughters.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Tyche(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2017
iammrjaai:

My mum married at about 17yrs, and yes I am Igbo. Presently, I could pass for her husband.

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by rossyc(f): 9:35pm On May 18, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
There is this misconception that Northern women are the ones that have their rights violated the most in this country. It is false. The truth is that igbo culture has no respect for the feminine gender. It is only in igboland that women are not permitted to inherit their fathers property. It is only in igboland that a widow is shaved and then forced to drink the water that had been used to wash the dead body of her late husband
That was then abeg, who still does that in this 21st century. As for women inheriting properties from there father, have seen many occasions where the father or mother will some of there property to their daughter everything boils down to how wealthy the family is and if the father has properties that will go round.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BetaThings: 10:27pm On May 18, 2017
mavinc4u:

Werey ni grin . Go and check my first post you countered respond on. For you to quote me with that response for correcting ffk or whatever his moniker is means either you have 2 accounts on nairaland or you are birds of the same feathers. I don't quote for fun, I only quote to correct or point out facts. You need that link more than anyone else. Next time stick to the topic as it would help you go a long way. Kpele.

You are truly bereft of manners; I thought your first response to me was mistaken and there was room for redemption
Alas! you are consistent like the true professional that you are
There will be no next time. A large population of exponents of cesspit discourse exists on Nairaland whose members will provide you suitable intellectual fulfillment
I am afraid such proclivity is alien to me

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BetaThings: 10:33pm On May 18, 2017
1miccza:

Does that justify marrying them off at a very young and immature age, who should be blamed for this, the parents, the girls or the society?

Explain your own matter or endorse/applaud it
If you don't like what Alhajis are doing, open a thread on that.
This thread is not for Alhajis and Muslims did not create it

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by number5(m): 11:12pm On May 18, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:

My friend's igbo mom married 16 and now shes 40something and almost all her kids are married

grin
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by 1miccza: 1:59am On May 19, 2017
BetaThings:

Explain your own matter or endorse/applaud it If you don't like what Alhajis are doing, open a thread on that. This thread is not for Alhajis and Muslims did not create it
What matter is that if I may ask?
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by dealslip(f): 6:44am On May 19, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Okay
Good for you

It was in your best interest
because I heard that you became very sexually active at a very young age and extremely promiscuous back then in Asata, Enugu in the early 70s.
Why have you been bad mouthing actresses from Patience to Late Moji. Did they offend you.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by YongChi: 7:02am On May 19, 2017
Your parents helped you to change your life for that marriage, assuming you have had an unwanted pregnancy causing a big shame to your family, yourself & fall into the wrong hand that will ruin your future.
Let me tell you, no marriage is 100% it is all about endurance. Instead of you to encourage early marriage to shun illegitimate ones, you want girls to become old and menstrate all their good eggs in their father's house.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by ShawttySoFyne(f): 9:20am On May 19, 2017
number5:

that guy holding the girl on ur dp is ava alex Garfield, of course no girl would blink a brow if she was been held by someone with his proven abilities.

what am I even saying, you are no time traveller, u wouldnt understand what am saying anyway.

happy for your friends mom sha
Look well it aint alex garfield
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by number5(m): 8:58pm On May 19, 2017
ShawttySoFyne:
Look well it aint alex garfield

oh my,

I have a feeling that we are totally having two different garfields in mind here
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by glossy6(f): 6:28pm On May 22, 2017
maasoap:
He's right.
Right about what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omotola, Ireti Doyle & Tiwa Savage At Banky W, Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding / Cook-A-Thon: Kenyan Cook, Maliha Mohammed, Surpasses Hilda Baci’s Record / Ini Edo Blasts Omoni Oboli For Missing Uche Jombo's Movie Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.