Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" (42780 Views)

Patience Ozokwor Gets VIP Treatment At Dallas Airport / Patience Ozokwor Celebrates Her Son Uchendu Chukwunonso Uzuevuegbe Birthday / Patience Ozokwor Reacts To Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by KemjikaEme: 2:11pm On May 18, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
There is this misconception that Northern women are the ones that have their rights violated the most in this country. It is false. The truth is that igbo culture has no respect for the feminine gender. It is only in igboland that women are not permitted to inherit their fathers property. It is only in igboland that a widow is shaved and then forced to drink the water that had been used to wash the dead body of her late husband
As for the widowhood stuff, there is nobody that wander about maltreating widows in igbo culture.
Widowhood is a sensitive topic worldwide,so there are bound to be divergent views.
Most widows in igboland were protected or remarried by/to the brothers of the deceased especially if she is young with little kids while the older widows are taken care of by their children.
Only when there is a suspected case of murder/neglect on the wife's side,do issues of maltreatment come up.
In the recent past,some people just maltreat widows for the sake of maltreatment,most especially when they are targetting the man's property which is wrong because it isn't part of the Igbo culture other than that,the culture of maltreating widows is not originally part of Igbo culture.
Do yourself a favour and curb your bigotry!
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by KemjikaEme: 2:17pm On May 18, 2017
Zaitoon:
No I didn't,come and help me go through it undecided

The thread is about patience and not about a 9 year old girl.
Face the topic and don't mix it up undecided
You are the one that brought in a case of a 9yr old child to a thread of a 19yr old adult. Nna nawa!
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Zaitoon: 2:23pm On May 18, 2017
KemjikaEme:
You are the one that brought in a case of a 9yr old child to a thread of a 19yr old adult. Nna nawa!
I'm the one seriously ??
Maybe you should go through the thread again, it is your Igbo sister that brought it up undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by highchief1: 2:24pm On May 18, 2017
Choiszman:
Really?
like u no this woman reach house
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 18, 2017
Choiszman:
Veteran actress & Evangelist Patience Ozokwor, popularly known as ‘MAMA GEE’ explained in an interview how she was forced into marriage at 19.

She revealed that her mother wanted her to get married on time as she was from a polygamous home.

In an interview with a Ghana television station, RTV, she shared that she was not brought up to disobey or rule out her parents’ orders.

she said:

It was not my decision [to get married at 19]. And if it’s not my decision it means I was forced into it.
I was forced into it many years ago, and I did not see any reason my parents were forcing me as I was still young.
And even at that age I had so many suitors. You know when you come from a polygamous family and your mother is struggling for her own daughters to get married and this other one is also struggling for her own daughters to get married and when this one [suitor] came around and my mother said go and I could not make a choice. I was not allowed to make a choice. At the end, I had to obey my parents.
I was not brought up to disobey them at all.
When asked if she enjoyed the marriage after she obliged her parents push, she added, Sincerely speaking as a Christian I did not. The marriage was not easy at all for me as a young girl, it was not easy.
She said no matter all she went through in the marriage she had to stay on because her parents eyes were on her and could not jump from one man to the other.
Patience further advised women to remain in their matrimonial homes no matter what, adding that the only reason a woman should separate from her husband is when life is involved.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrR5-VDvK8c

Shared on www.palmchatnow.com

so madam ur point is? Cos I know by 18 you are an adult...
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BigIyanga: 2:25pm On May 18, 2017
Moreoffaith:
YOU SEE WHY YOU DONT BLAME A PARTICULAR ACT ON A TRIBE.
Stop making silly excuses. At 19 is above age of consent.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by KemjikaEme: 2:30pm On May 18, 2017
Zaitoon:
I'm the one seriously ??
Maybe you should go through the thread again, it is your Igbo sister that brought it up undecided
[quote author=Zaitoon post=56639642] hypocrite trying to justify the act so as not to make your tribe look bad.

Last time I checked this thread is about patience
And i asked how is it hypocritical? Is a 19yr old similar to a 9yr old?
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by glossy6(f): 2:34pm On May 18, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
There is this misconception that Northern women are the ones that have their rights violated the most in this country. It is false. The truth is that igbo culture has no respect for the feminine gender. It is only in igboland that women are not permitted to inherit their fathers property. It is only in igboland that a widow is shaved and then forced to drink the water that had been used to wash the dead body of her late husband

Keep living a pained life. m.ofo
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Justicealh3(m): 2:35pm On May 18, 2017
Insult s.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by GodIsFoolish: 2:37pm On May 18, 2017
iammrjaai:
....rapist spotted...

Na your papa be rapist
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Moreoffaith(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2017
BigIyanga:

Stop making silly excuses. At 19 is above age of consent.

must you sound this way to prove a point

I am not in support of child marriage

But you cant tell me you have not seen other tribe get married at their early age.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Choiszman(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2017
Hahaha...no oo
highchief1:
like u no this woman reach house
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On May 18, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Okay
Good for you

It was in your best interest
because I heard that you became very sexually active at a very young age and extremely promiscuous back then in Asata, Enugu in the early 70s.
I hope that when next time you hear this kind of news from the North, you will be able to repeat this and not condemn the entire north, call them all sorts of name.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by maasoap(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2017
glossy6:

Keep living a pained life. m.ofo
He's right.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by iammrjaai(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2017
GodIsFoolish:

Na your papa be rapist
...na so u dey.??....as you fine finish like this..nice picture
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by adamlawal(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2017
lyriclekidd:

who ask you
I wonder
iammrjaai:
...na so u dey.??....as you fine finish like this..nice picture
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by 1miccza: 3:01pm On May 18, 2017
Lilimax:
This is very different from allowing a 9 years old child to be married to a 50 years old Alhaji shocked

EXAITLY WALAHI
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by SkinnyDude(m): 3:13pm On May 18, 2017
iRepNaija1:

Calm down. There are exceptions to the rule. SOME igbos do this stuff. Is that better?
it is was never a part of our culture.. it was done by wicked villagers and family who hate the widow.. but now, you cant try that, the woman will involve the police ..
this is 2017 not 1917

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by TeamSimple(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2017
awesomet1:

Don't be ethnocentric. It's an African thing.
Now it is an African thing, but when it is from a Hausa man it becomes their barbaric and backward way of lie.. Nairaland people sef

3 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by uc4uandc(f): 3:44pm On May 18, 2017
Honest2:
Lol no wonder she always act like witch in movies

You sick pass Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BetaThings: 3:45pm On May 18, 2017
mavinc4u:

Tell that to your fellow Tribal bigot because they will understand you more.
Looks like you make wild and frivolous allegations without reason
I don't do tribalism
I just like to point out the hypocrisy of people who love to abuse the North/Islam while defending similar things done by their own people

mavinc4u:

If you think sharing property is a way of respecting women then something is definitely wrong with you.
I am not going to argue with YOU over the best way of respecting women; I am not here for that

I am just taken aback by your choice of words when people disagree with you

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BrutalJab: 3:46pm On May 18, 2017
snezBaba:

Igbos sha, The way they twist things in their favour when they have been caught red-handed in their hypocrisy. lipsrsealed
Oya wetin bring Alhaji come the Topic madam undecided
Awon Olori pelebe, Alabosi
Is olori pelebe or olori gogoro ur name
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by paulchucks: 3:47pm On May 18, 2017
this is something that happened in 70s we have moved ahead and the northerners saying bullshit here are still there to the present day that was why balarabe musa told them that they are 4o yrs backward when compared to the south in education
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by Beey(f): 4:07pm On May 18, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Okay
Good for you

because I heard that you became very sexually active at a very young age and extremely promiscuous back then in Asata, Enugu in the early 70s.
You heard? And what source did you hear from?Were you there or you are just spreading rumors on the web.If you don't have anything good to say, then say nothing.Character assassin!
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by mavinc4u(f): 4:10pm On May 18, 2017
BetaThings:

Looks like you make wild and frivolous allegations without reason
I don't do tribalism
I just like to point out the hypocrisy of people who love to abuse the North/Islam while defending similar things done by their own people

I am not going to argue with YOU over the best way of respecting women; I am not here for that

I am just taken aback by your choice of words when people disagree with you

Just like I said earlier, something is definitely wrong with you. Such statement of yours only comes out from a Tribal bigot like you. I have not made any statement to be agreed or disagreed on. I only corrected your wrong information you are giving to the world. Always be sure of the information before passing it across. I really wonder what is your headache about your father's property. This is why we have a lot of lazy people all over the country. Get your ass off the chair and do something to earn a living, stop waiting for your father's property. Imagine an irrelevant thing is giving you headache. Before you quote me again I would suggest you go through my profile, I don't have time for people like you. I treat you the way you are because most of you have made a bet not to be useful in life.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by BetaThings: 4:29pm On May 18, 2017
mavinc4u:

Just like I said earlier, something is definitely wrong with you.

I can imagine!

mavinc4u:

Such statement of yours only comes out from a Tribal bigot like you. I have not made any statement to be agreed or disagreed on.
Oh dear, amazing!

mavinc4u:

I only corrected your wrong information you are giving to the world. Always be sure of the information before passing it across.
You need this advice better than me
You really do
What information have I passed to the world? I CHALLENGE you to quote me!

mavinc4u:

I really wonder what is your headache about your father's property. This is why we have a lot of lazy people all over the country. Get your ass off the chair and do something to earn a living, stop waiting for your father's property. Imagine an irrelevant thing is giving you headache. Before you quote me again I would suggest you go through my profile, I don't have time for people like you. I treat you the way you are because most of you have made a bet not to be useful in life.

The only thing I feel is sadness at your remarkable ability to project your anger onto others and misdirect your message

You need to read this - there is serious lesson for you there
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4446830/Mother-texts-WRONG-person-hilarious-exchange.html

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by LePrezident(m): 4:31pm On May 18, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Okay
Good for you

Can you imagine this ridiculous statement? Re-quote me at your own peril.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by JerryTemi(f): 4:35pm On May 18, 2017
Please didnt you hear his name?NWAOBINKITA, meaning THE CHILD OF DOGS HOUSE, Onye asiria.I heard you were sexually active and now Obinkta what are you active on?OK now I remember say na dog.very backward and barbaric fellow,image destroyer.
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by EazyMoh(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2017
Lilimax:
19 years is an adult smiley But forcing her into marriage is not a welcome development. These may be happening those days but no longer in Igbo Land. We are in 21st century for God's sake. smiley
Madam park well! She also got married in this same 21st century we are in.

1 Like

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by princessayesha(f): 4:52pm On May 18, 2017
Oh ...so there is polygamy in Igbo culture? and force marriage? noted smiley

2 Likes

Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by donsiqua(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

Hian! Where is this one coming from. I can see you watch a lot of Nollywood. These were things practiced in the 19th century. This is 21st century men!
Re: Patience Ozokwor: "I Married At 19, My Parents Forced Me Into Marriage" by juman(m): 5:03pm On May 18, 2017
snezBaba:

Igbos sha, The way they twist things in their favour when they have been caught red-handed in their hypocrisy. lipsrsealed
Oya wetin bring Alhaji come the Topic madam undecided
Awon Olori pelebe, Alabosi

grin grin

Also noted is:
"She revealed that her mother wanted her to get married on time as she was from a polygamous home."

Polygamous happen everywhere in nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evicted BBNaija Housemate Teddy A Rides On Hummer Jeep As Fans Wecomed Him(pics / Davido To Wizkid At 30: “You Are A Legend And The Greatest Of All Time” / I Prefer Alcohol To Tea Or Coffee And Will Do A Sex Scene With RMD – Iyabo Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.