Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment (1447 Views)

Is He Right Or Wrong To Suspect His Wife? / Guys before you spend your money on her read this. / 'I Miss My Sister More Than I Miss Sex,her Husband Won't Let Me See Her' (read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by phlamesG: 8:32pm On May 18, 2017
DID HE REALLY LOVE HER?

MR A and Miss B were engaged
Their wedding was 4 months away.
Mr A stays in Lagos and Miss B stays in Calabar.
Miss B went for a seminar in Lagos and decided to pay Mr A a surprised visit at home.
She got to his house around 9pm and met Mr A getting ready to retire for the night.
They were happy to see each other and Miss B decided to spend the night and leave very early in the morning to her Aunty's place.

In the morning, Miss B was already up and ready to move.
Mr A told her to hang on so he can drop her off on his way to the office
So Miss B had a little breakfast while waiting for Mr A to finish up so they can leave.
Mr A was ready and rushed to the dinning to have a cup of tea and few slices of bread as usual.
On getting to the dinning, he realized there was no milk and he checked the flask to confirm if his fiancée had made his tea.
Well, the flask was empty as well.

So he called Miss B to ask what happened.
Miss B responded by asking Mr A if he expected her to manage a tin of liquid milk for two of them.
She said she couldn't manage a tin of liquid peak milk for two cups of tea.
She admitted to have used the whole tin of milk because she doesn't like sugar in her tea as she prefers her tea very creamy and thick.
She further told him to drink mineral with bread if he really had the need for breakfast that morning.
While advising him to always stock his house with enough beverages to avoid such an occurrence as she wasn't ready to start mincing milk.

Mr A told her he was really disappointed she could only think of herself by using the whole tin of milk and not consider him despite seeing that was the last tin in the carton and he lived in an area that had no shops around.
He was aware he had just a tin of milk left in the house and he had planned to go grocery shopping by weekend.
He couldn't do it on weekdays because of his busy schedule at work couple with Lagos traffic.
Since he lived alone and hardly had visitors come around on weekdays, he had chosen to manage that the next day which was Friday so he can do the shopping on Saturday.
She was an unexpected guest and he wasn't aware of her trip to Lagos so the issue of expecting her and making plans for an extra mouth was out of it.
Besides, It hurts to know she wasn't bothered about how he fed as he was living alone and working in a company that took all his time and energy.

This little episode brought an argument that almost led to exchange of bitter words but for the matured way Mr A handled it and readily apologized because he didn't want them to part in anger.
They quickly settled and Mr A dropped her at her Aunty's place, gave her money as usual with lots of hugs and kisses and left to the office.

2 days later, Mr A called her to break the engagement and call off the wedding plans.
Reason: He said the milk issue had opened his eyes to the kind of insensitive and selfish woman he was almost getting married to.
He said it meant just one thing to him, that his wife will not be a good manager of his finances and home so he doesn't need that kind of woman as a wife.

Now everyone thinks his decision is too harsh and the issue so trivial to have led to their breakup, but he has refused to bend.
Some people think he didn't love her enough
Some think he is highly principled.
Well, Mr A has taken his stand and has moved on.

What's your take on this?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Officialkplus(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2017
Mehn..the guy was right...I would have done it immediately,she was the goody bag type of girl....

The guy is very correct, seems ppl don't know what marriage and broken home means&their effect...

I can't live forever happy after with that kinda babe..

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Saintsammurai(m): 8:41pm On May 18, 2017
He was too harsh, he should have invited the lady over or take her out and communicate with her, pour out his mind to her and how her actions made him feel..
maybe she would have realise her mistake and she would had apologise..
breaking up with her is harsh and immature..
no one is perfect, we all have our faults.
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by sulips(f): 8:42pm On May 18, 2017
Though she was wrong but his decision was too harsh, if he really loved her the best was to correct her after the quarrel, or better still report her to someone she look up to for advice.
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 18, 2017
He's not ready to be a man. Sometimes, you just have to overlook things.
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by adajoe555: 8:42pm On May 18, 2017
Waiting for others to comment and critize the lady...just waiting for the harsh comment

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by TheWiX(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2017
sulips:
Though she was wrong but his decision was too harsh, if he really loved her the best was to correct her after the quarrel, or better still report her to someone she look up to for advice.
Do you really think that person can change.
If she had the ability to change, she would have been very apologetic after finishing the tin of milk rather than surgest her fiance to take the​ soft drink with his breakfast, that was very insensitive.
So even if the fiance over looks that action, what about when she has children? she can derive them of basic things with her self-centred ness

I support the breakup

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by smardray(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2017
Y u put banky w nd adesua etomi pics
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by olutions: 8:54pm On May 18, 2017
it was a tin of milk, it really speak volumes of the kind of woman she is

yes! it was a tin of milk but she no try!!! especially after all the explanations.

i really wont blame the guy sha, they may be having underlying issues, maybe that was the last straw for him

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by adajoe555: 8:56pm On May 18, 2017
That is how she was brought up
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by 3DCYCLOPS: 8:58pm On May 18, 2017
Confam nigga

if she ain't pretending to share now...hmmm I wonder what will nao happen when you put a ring on it grin
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by omowumeee(f): 8:59pm On May 18, 2017
I concur with his decision

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by vicmangs(m): 9:01pm On May 18, 2017
Saintsammurai:
He was too harsh, he should have invited the lady over or take her out and communicate with her, pour out his mind to her and how her actions made him feel..
maybe she would have realise her mistake and she would had apologise..
breaking up with her is harsh and immature..
no one is perfect, we all have our faults.
Marriage is a school that u can never graduate. Only death can seperate a husband and wife! Prevention they say is far more better than cure, if I were in his shoes I would do the same, than to live in regrets for the rest of my life on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 18, 2017
He made the right decision, I would have done the same thing undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Ladycloud(f): 9:09pm On May 18, 2017
Can't judge... Pray not to find myself in such situations!

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 18, 2017
phlamesG:
DID HE REALLY LOVE HER?

MR A and Miss B were engaged
Their wedding was 4 months away.
Mr A stays in Lagos and Miss B stays in Calabar.
Miss B went for a seminar in Lagos and decided to pay Mr A a surprised visit at home.
She got to his house around 9pm and met Mr A getting ready to retire for the night.
They were happy to see each other and Miss B decided to spend the night and leave very early in the morning to her Aunty's place.

In the morning, Miss B was already up and ready to move.
Mr A told her to hang on so he can drop her off on his way to the office
So Miss B had a little breakfast while waiting for Mr A to finish up so they can leave.
Mr A was ready and rushed to the dinning to have a cup of tea and few slices of bread as usual.
On getting to the dinning, he realized there was no milk and he checked the flask to confirm if his fiancée had made his tea.
Well, the flask was empty as well.

So he called Miss B to ask what happened.
Miss B responded by asking Mr A if he expected her to manage a tin of liquid milk for two of them.
She said she couldn't manage a tin of liquid peak milk for two cups of tea.
She admitted to have used the whole tin of milk because she doesn't like sugar in her tea as she prefers her tea very creamy and thick.
She further told him to drink mineral with bread if he really had the need for breakfast that morning.
While advising him to always stock his house with enough beverages to avoid such an occurrence as she wasn't ready to start mincing milk.

Mr A told her he was really disappointed she could only think of herself by using the whole tin of milk and not consider him despite seeing that was the last tin in the carton and he lived in an area that had no shops around.
He was aware he had just a tin of milk left in the house and he had planned to go grocery shopping by weekend.
He couldn't do it on weekdays because of his busy schedule at work couple with Lagos traffic.
Since he lived alone and hardly had visitors come around on weekdays, he had chosen to manage that the next day which was Friday so he can do the shopping on Saturday.
She was an unexpected guest and he wasn't aware of her trip to Lagos so the issue of expecting her and making plans for an extra mouth was out of it.
Besides, It hurts to know she wasn't bothered about how he fed as he was living alone and working in a company that took all his time and energy.

This little episode brought an argument that almost led to exchange of bitter words but for the matured way Mr A handled it and readily apologized because he didn't want them to part in anger.
They quickly settled and Mr A dropped her at her Aunty's place, gave her money as usual with lots of hugs and kisses and left to the office.

2 days later, Mr A called her to break the engagement and call off the wedding plans.
Reason: He said the milk issue had opened his eyes to the kind of insensitive and selfish woman he was almost getting married to.
He said it meant just one thing to him, that his wife will not be a good manager of his finances and home so he doesn't need that kind of woman as a wife.

Now everyone thinks his decision is too harsh and the issue so trivial to have led to their breakup, but he has refused to bend.
Some people think he didn't love her enough
Some think he is highly principled.
Well, Mr A has taken his stand and has moved on.

What's your take on this?
Mr A really tried.. I'm gon pursue her out of my house like a dog and always cry whenever i see her like i always do whenever i see a snake(either in picture or real life).
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by lecturerdabo(m): 9:13pm On May 18, 2017
YES HE WAS RIGHT!

Traveled from Cali to Lag without informing me is a NO NO!
Lack of care for her spouse -insensitive/self centered
Lack of home management skills
Etc

REMEMBER!

The route to a man's heart is his ...

Type of woman that will starve her children cos hubby did not bring money yet have hundreds of thousands in her account!

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 18, 2017
He dodged a bullet. Some people can b selfish sha... She just allowed her village people to succeed...lol

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by SirMichael1: 9:20pm On May 18, 2017
paybak:
Mr A really tried.. I'm gon pursue her out of my house like a dog and always cry whenever i see her like i always do whenever i see a snake(either in picture or real life).

cheesy You're possessed right, don't you think so?
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by dafidi123(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2017
If this yarn is correct, mhen Mr A just dodged a bullet. Ffs, she's just leaving for her aunt's place while the dude is leaving for work. I'll rather stick with Mr A's decision than risk hoping for a change in character.
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 8:14am On May 19, 2017
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 8:21am On May 19, 2017
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Shawnnn01: 8:33am On May 19, 2017
alphadux1:
Remember:

1. They are not married
2. They did not grow up in the same house.
3. They are two individuals with their own past/history- with different mentalities, upbringing, ideologies etc.

They both have valid points, but at the end of the day, it was childish for him to call off the engagement based on his inference from the incidence. These are regular occurrences you'll have to deal with in marriage and if they are not able to work out their differences then they are not ready because such episodes are inevitable especially at the start of the marriage when they start to see and know things/habits/traits they never knew existed! There are better ways he could have handled the situation and it would have turned out to be a positive learning opportunity for both of them, and bring out the best in them.

If he cannot let go of a tin of milk and keeps reading in between the lines, then my advice for him is to remain single for the rest of his life, he is not ready yet; the day you get married your private space becomes a shared space and you have to learn to manage and/or accommodate each other including the seeming excesses.

I once heard of a case where the lady had lots of comfort in her fathers house and she told her fiance (who was facing some career challenges at the time and was earning under NGN100k monthly) that she will only live in Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, or Ikeja GRA otherwise she will not leave her fathers house. Eventually, they got a small apartment in Ketu and they are happy. If the guy had walked away on the grounds that her tastes were too high, his actions would probably be justified, but he did not call it off, and she did not get to live in her dream neighbourhood, but they are happy together facing the odds and trying to make ends meet.

I am sure you are not married. Am not sorry to say your long epistle does not correlate with this. The girl in your story let go to live in Ketu due to reasoning while the one in the OP story refuse to reason or be apologetic so

(1) for not being considerate to find out if the guy's breakfast need will be met which should be a primary responsibility to her

(2) for her nonchalant altitude when the guy made his plight known.

These two clearly shows the girl is not ripe enough for marriage. I would have made my grievance known to her in the strongest term possible and hope she reasons along that line henceforth. I can then be justified if similar incidents happen just the way the guy might be justified if this is not the first time. Who on earth finish a tin milk for breakfast.

You will be amazed this girls will drink water n coloured sugar if they are dating one moneybag that show disdain n rubbishes them daily. A girl that can respect or reason with you should not be your wife. There's class in the society and every lady as a class of man she bends to which in turn earn her respect from her man. Anything out of this norm is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by lhawarl1(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2017
alphadux1:
Remember:

1. They are not married
2. They did not grow up in the same house.
3. They are two individuals with their own past/history- with different mentalities, upbringing, ideologies etc.

They both have valid points, but at the end of the day, it was childish for him to call off the engagement based on his inference from the incidence. These are regular occurrences you'll have to deal with in marriage and if they are not able to work out their differences then they are not ready because such episodes are inevitable especially at the start of the marriage when they start to see and know things/habits/traits they never knew existed! There are better ways he could have handled the situation and it would have turned out to be a positive learning opportunity for both of them, and bring out the best in them.

If he cannot let go of a tin of milk and keeps reading in between the lines, then my advice for him is to remain single for the rest of his life, he is not ready yet; the day you get married your private space becomes a shared space and you have to learn to manage and/or accommodate each other including the seeming excesses.

I once heard of a case where the lady had lots of comfort in her fathers house and she told her fiance (who was facing some career challenges at the time and was earning under NGN100k monthly) that she will only live in Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, or Ikeja GRA otherwise she will not leave her fathers house. Eventually, they got a small apartment in Ketu and they are happy. If the guy had walked away on the grounds that her tastes were too high, his actions would probably be justified, but he did not call it off, and she did not get to live in her dream neighbourhood, but they are happy together facing the odds and trying to make ends meet.

Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 9:33am On May 19, 2017
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by Nobody: 11:10am On May 19, 2017
Breaking their wedding is not the right thing to do.he should have told her plain that is not right that she is a woman she should learn to manage things properly that's all.
Re: Was He Right To Break Up With Her? Read And Comment by chigoizie7(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2017
The guy is 100 % right

(1) (Reply)

Sex Is Stupid And Should Be Avoided 18+ / Shameful Photos! Deep Inside The Forest Of Italy Lies Loads Of 9ja S3xworkers / See The Hair Made By A Lady That Has Gone Viral (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.