Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Why Are Nigerian Atheists Afraid Of The Humanist Label? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerian Atheists Afraid Of The Humanist Label? (2997 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / I Am An Atheist And A Humanist. Ask Me Anything! Let's Talk! / Why Nigerian Atheists Should Go To Church (for atheists only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Atheists Afraid Of The Humanist Label? by OtemAtum: 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:

I believe this the starting point where I mentioned Asia not China(though I still doubt their nonsense)

Asia is the largest and most populous continent, with a wide variety of religions. The largest religion in Asia is Islam with approx. 1.1 billion adherents. Asia was the birthplace of many religions such as Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Jainism, Sikhism, Judaism, Zoroastranism. But all major religious traditions are practiced there and new forms are constantly emerging.

Here's from Wikipedia ( you can easily verify this one)

I believe you read the first statement I made. I asked if Asian is very religion AND WORSHIPPING YAHWEH. Note my capitalised words. I maintain, the use of the brains of people is what brings development and inventions and not the gods.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Atheists Afraid Of The Humanist Label? by BlueAngel444: 8:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
OtemAtum:

I believe you read the first statement I made. I asked if Asian is very religion AND WORSHIPPING YAHWEH. Note my capitalised words. I maintain, the use of the brains of people is what brings development and inventions and not the gods.

I only use your quote to show something, to others where and what are conversation was and the shift towards asians and atheist.

Wasn't really replying you. Apologies
Re: Why Are Nigerian Atheists Afraid Of The Humanist Label? by OtemAtum: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:

I only use your quote to show something, to others where and what are conversation was and the shift towards asians and atheist.

Wasn't really replying you. Apologies

Okay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

THROWBACK Pix Of Rev Chris Oyakhilome As Christ Embassy Turns 30 / Money Earned Through Gambling Given As Tithe / Religious Facts About Marijuana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.