Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) (43287 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / 6 Nigerian Cultural Myths That Are Unfavourable To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by dam4wummy(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2017
Do not bend upside down in the market, cos u go see spirits buying and selling there and they might take you along with them
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by greatjoey: 6:14pm On May 19, 2017
Others may be a mere myth. But that of a jinn or Aljanu is real. They are evil spirit kinda. They turn to become spirit husbands to ladies and appears to them at intervals. They prevent ladies from marriage.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by IamSpenxer(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2017
Lol....No 1&2 tho, I so much believed, and coincidentally too, we always heard sounds

There was one we called "The good student" too....even heard rumors that "he" slapped our social prefect back then cheesy cheesy
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Switup: 6:17pm On May 19, 2017
delishpot:
grin point of correction op it is LADY koikoi

she varied in name frim place to place o. Some knew her as madam. But in our corner she was lady. She sha rocked that year..
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Omolabasky: 6:18pm On May 19, 2017
Freshsnoow:
So make we fry cassava? undecided
If you like fry chin chin. Nonsense.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by honeyjoyce(f): 6:19pm On May 19, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Switup: 6:20pm On May 19, 2017
mamajaz:
First to comment ohhhhh
are u using GLO network angry angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by delishpot: 6:20pm On May 19, 2017
Switup:
she varied in name frim place to place o. Some knew her as madam. But in our corner she was lady. She sha rocked that year..

Oh, okay. It's all good. Lady koikoi na queen of the night during my childhood days o. Then Bushbaby na king grin grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by tuneryblue(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2017
about putting the whitish thing in dog eye (épiń) into ur eyes is really ooo... not from all dis genetically mutilated dogs ooo, try local dogs.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by talk2saintify(m): 6:28pm On May 19, 2017
NIGERIA AND INDIA ENDED 1-99
BUH INDIA USE CHARM
AND THE BALL WAS MADE OF A LION'S HEAD

BUH NIGERIANS WERE DECLARED WINNERS
grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Vickygirk(f): 6:29pm On May 19, 2017
that madam koi koi na primary one I hear that story. her favourite place in the school was even pointed out( which is one old toilet)
op what about this ones
humans and spirits visits the market, so if you want to see spirits just drop mirror at the middle of a busy path in the market, bend and look into it, the spirit feet's will not be touching the ground. if the find out they will kill u

another one.
don't look your hair using mirror while its be braided, story had it that there was a girl that look through the mirror, what she saw was plenty hands making her hair whereas it was only one hair dresser. out of fear she loose the hair on reaching home, but the owners of the hands still came for her head because she told the tale when she was strictly warned not to do so, some same it was becos she has seen and known their secret.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by twosquare(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2017
slurryeye2:
If you don't put the myth of Egbere (bush baby) that lives in the forest, your list is not complete. Myth has it that he always carry a mat everywhere he goes, that if one could steal the mat from him, such person will be wealthy beyond imagination. The problem is, it is very difficult to steal the mat, and if one does, the bush baby will use cry to finish the person's life until they give back the mat.
not a myth mate, I had a first-hand experience with that demonic spirit in 2011...no be play
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by highscript(m): 6:33pm On May 19, 2017
Emily22:
D mirror is kinda real....though not all the time
I swear you've been brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by mamajaz(f): 6:33pm On May 19, 2017
Switup:
are u using GLO network angry angry grin
Noooo, MTEL
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Mcreloaded(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2017
If you kill a wall gecko you will urinate in bed

Or the one that says a big Python in the bush is always protecting a big diamond at night and it uses it to see

Or the one that says a big long Python will stand tall with a palm tree and if the palm tree is taller the python will fall the tree

Any which way lady koikoi was the scariest and the bush baby with the mat but lay koikoi sha tops them all

It is better u urinate in bed than to go outside and urinate than to encounter lady koikoi

7 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by blingxx(m): 6:38pm On May 19, 2017
Dharniel:
There's a whole lot of these superstitious beliefs in the mind of kids in this generation, even some of our so called elders still buys the idea of some of them.

kids of this generation dont even believe in myths anymore ..the internet don spoil everything undecided
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by slurryeye2: 6:41pm On May 19, 2017
twosquare:
not a myth mate, I had a first-hand experience with that demonic spirit in 2011...no be play

Did you see that mat? And how did he look?
I'm just curious
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by fabiosmart: 6:43pm On May 19, 2017
hnmmm... it's really nice talking about the past myths but wait a minute, what will our kids reminisce about? :/
may be facebook and instagram cheesy

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by watchindelta(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2017
not complete without bushbaby undecided undecided
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by ChukaLupin(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2017
mamajaz:
First to comment ohhhhh
Mama Jaz give me jazz cuz i wan blow
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by mamajaz(f): 6:58pm On May 19, 2017
ChukaLupin:

Mama Jaz give me jazz cuz i wan blow
Chimooooo!!!!, if you want a very potent one, DHL me your ATM card and pin number by Tuesday morning...
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by PharmaGirl(f): 7:02pm On May 19, 2017
But mammy waters and the looking under your leg to see ghosts stories are true

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by ChukaLupin(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2017
mamajaz:

Chimooooo!!!!, if you want a very potent one, DHL me your ATM card and pin number by Tuesday morning...

Ahn Ahn take it easy na...e neva reach ATM level nah. Haba.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by praise1705(f): 7:02pm On May 19, 2017
the issue now is will you still tell ur kids or future kids all these myths, to keep them in line?
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Rick9(m): 7:06pm On May 19, 2017
India Vs Nigeria 99-1 Football turning to Lion. How possible was that ? Things we believe sha.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by myked(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2017
twosquare:

Plsss tell me the story
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by anochuko01(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2017
some could be real but not necessary that everyone experiences it...
a friend of mine told me something his very close friend in school experienced. this his friend was in the exam hall writing then his Biro fell, just has he bent to pick his Biro from the ground, he SAW that the person sitting behind him had two horse legs instead of normal human legs. he was shocked and quickly got up and looked behind, and to his greatest surprise, the girl sitting behind him said ''that could be the last thing you'll ever see''.
my guy re-adjust sharp sharp
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by mamajaz(f): 7:21pm On May 19, 2017
ChukaLupin:

Ahn Ahn take it easy na...e neva reach ATM level nah. Haba.
You sure want the jazz
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by pressplay411(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2017
akinz4u:
Op letme add one
Heard if u spread ur legs wide open and bend ur head to look underneath in between your legs for MARKET place, dat u go see Dead people, Ghost etc... Lol...Fear no gree me try am till today I no care weda Na myth or fiction.
Just want to leave mata for Mathias, me no wan Gobe...

Speaking of which, word has is if you take the spec off a dog's eyes in the early morning and applied it on yours, you see ghosts like dogs do.
Would have tried it if I wasn't so grossed out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.