Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:09 AM

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) (43283 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / 6 Nigerian Cultural Myths That Are Unfavourable To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 19, 2017
tuneryblue:
about putting the whitish thing in dog eye (épiń) into ur eyes is really ooo... not from all dis genetically mutilated dogs ooo, try local dogs.

True. They don't know that dogs have the ability to sense evil. Dogs can easily perceive a spiritual presence. They are not just intelligent enough to communicate it....but they do show some signs.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 19, 2017
PharmaGirl:
But mammy waters and the looking under your leg to see ghosts stories are true

Dated one marine girl like that for years. Mehn na God save me o. All these riverine areas one has to be careful of the people they mingle with.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 19, 2017
anochuko01:
some could be real but not necessary that everyone experiences it...
a friend of mine told me something his very close friend in school experienced. this his friend was in the exam hall writing then his Biro fell, just has he bent to pick his Biro from the ground, he SAW that the person sitting behind him had two horse legs instead of normal human legs. he was shocked and quickly got up and looked behind, and to his greatest surprise, the girl sitting behind him said ''that could be the last thing you'll ever see''.
my guy re-adjust sharp sharp

Karashika spotted. Na for university and hospitals then dey full.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by number5(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2017
angry
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by creamylicious(f): 9:29pm On May 19, 2017
chai .... blessing our housemaid that year ehn, she beat me wella because sey i cross her body as she lie down for floor, she cum say i must cross again otherwise she go die. me nuh kuku like d housemaid na im i form stubborn n refused to cross again. she beat me that day sha
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by tman14(m): 9:40pm On May 19, 2017
Franzinni:
Don't leave shoes outside overnight because spirits will come borrow them for their parties and it will be dirty in the morning...

Iq found out it was a good way of making kids keep their shoes indoors

Another one don't put that whiteish thing from a dog's eye in yours because you will start to see spirits...

Another one.... Don't look under your legs... You will see spirits...

Even till date some people still falling for things like this.....

Remember killer number?
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by reiddecuti: 9:41pm On May 19, 2017
blingxx:

kids of this generation dont even believe in myths anymore ..the internet don spoil everything undecided

Because stories like that are not told to this generation anymore.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by reiddecuti: 9:44pm On May 19, 2017
Rick9:
India Vs Nigeria 99-1 Football turning to Lion. How possible was that ? Things we believe sha.

Then. But all na WASH!!!!!!!!
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 9:56pm On May 19, 2017
oshe11:
Tell Us About Him

A man/spirit who touches girls/or attempts 2 pull them thru d window...It was one of the trending stories @ my sec sch den,ppl actually woke up screamin cos of him...Neva experienced it sha.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 10:00pm On May 19, 2017
Lisaflex:

A man/spirit who touches girls/or attempts 2 pull them thru d window...It was one of the trending stories @ my sec sch den,ppl actually woke up screamin cos of him...Neva experienced it sha.
If U actualli saw pipo screaming, then d Niggie aint no MYTH ma'am

dats y no one talked abt him.....

Mayb na one cleaner for u skul wen dey use style colet grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 10:07pm On May 19, 2017
oshe11:
If U actualli saw pipo screaming, then d Niggie aint no MYTH ma'am

dats y no one talked abt him.....

Mayb na one cleaner for u skul wen dey use style colet grin

As in eh! If na cleaner/person,d guy flex die! grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by curtisaxel(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2017
What about the great legend of the death of sam okwaraji?
One version has it that in a football match between india and nigeria, the indians who used magical powers were leading Nigeria by 99 goals to none when a penalty was awarded to the Nigerian team. Sam okwaraji, who took the penalty succeeded in scoring by loosening his boots and kicking them off in a wrong direction while he sent the ball in another direction. The infuriate Indian goalkeeper threw the boot back at okwaraji but not before putting some lethal charms into it. Sam okwaraji put on the boots and died at once
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 10:12pm On May 19, 2017
number5:

happened in modern market makurdi,benue state..as my mum told me(me as a grown up man and not a kid)

according to her, she knew the woman who do the plaitings very well and that day, market scattered as the woman somehow managed to slip through d grasp of lynchers...ppl said she vanished.

I have sha seen horrible things in that market. went there for holiday with my min after my waec in dose days and I saw a terrifying sight one day in the market

What did u see?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 10:16pm On May 19, 2017
myking95:

Dated one marine girl like that for years. Mehn na God save me o. All these riverine areas one has to be careful of the people they mingle with.

Abeg gv us details
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by number5(m): 10:40pm On May 19, 2017
Lisaflex:

What did u see?

saw a lady looking like a ghost, she was so mysterious..never seen a human so unhuman..she didnt look like a human at all...

from her point of entery to the market, dat was how everybody was picking four forty, children cried and scampered away..at a point, elderly woman started begging her to go away that she has scattered the market. after some time, were she entered nobody knew..just went like dat..

sometime ago, some of d market gaurds tenderd their resignation bfor d market board, when asked deir reasons, the said for abouy a week to then, at midnight the hear strange sounds from some blocks of d market, when dey go dere to inspect, dey see d doors open and hearing voices screaming "buy me", "buy me"...but by morning, d doors re seen locked as if nofin happened.

the shiit got too real so they had to resign.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by anochuko01(m): 10:47pm On May 19, 2017
myking95:

Karashika spotted. Na for university and hospitals then dey full.
hospital? please explain that. I never heard of that
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by kennyz247(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2017
remember dat of LEKE LEKE give mi White fingers ...all of a sudden a White finger appears ...ds one is real cause i experience it

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 11:16pm On May 19, 2017
number5:

saw a lady looking like a ghost, she was so mysterious..never seen a human so unhuman..she didnt look like a human at all...

from her point of entery to the market, dat was how everybody was picking four forty, children cried and scampered away..at a point, elderly woman started begging her to go away that she has scattered the market. after some time, were she entered nobody knew..just went like dat..

sometime ago, some of d market gaurds tenderd their resignation bfor d market board, when asked deir reasons, the said for abouy a week to then, at midnight the hear strange sounds from some blocks of d market, when dey go dere to inspect, dey see d doors open and hearing voices screaming "buy me", "buy me"...but by morning, d doors re seen locked as if nofin happened.

the shiit got too real so they had to resign.

Wow! Dt mst hv been scary as hell! shocked..Things dey happen o!
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by akinz4u(m): 11:21pm On May 19, 2017
number5:

tried it once..the kind knock abi na konck wey my elderly dash me ehhnn

I was tempted to believe he was one of the spirits grin
Lmao, u even get mine too try am... me I no fit even think am
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by akinz4u(m): 11:22pm On May 19, 2017
pressplay411:

The things we heard and believed. Thank God for education and Science.
Abi, we should just thank our stars
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Kyase(m): 12:21am On May 20, 2017
kennyz247:
remember dat of LEKE LEKE give mi White fingers ...all of a sudden a White finger appears ...ds one is real cause i experience it
grin
kennyz247:
me too
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nowenuse: 1:10am On May 20, 2017
oshe11:
OP go to warri and ask for Igbudu Monkey, then U go knw say Pregnant Women na myth wen turn REALITY grin

My Mum told me then that if as a Boy U serve food from POT, U go develop BREAST.....grin

If U knock ur senior for Head, ur hand go dey shake continously...

If U bite someone and the person rob Fowl Sh*t for the place, ur teeth go PULL grin

Seriously, that biting and fowl shit is just absurd and hillarious. How could we have fall for such things?

You need to see the way guys will be begging after biting someone and the person threatens to apply fowl shit on the place grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by tollyboy5(m): 8:13am On May 20, 2017
abeg Julius berger marmy water story shey na true

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by talk2saintify(m): 9:58am On May 20, 2017
henrimoto:
And that was how India was banned from FIFA competitions. Hahahahaha

my broda grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by einsteine(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2017
They are not good at football. Cricket is the most popular sport in India.

Freeopod:
My people, how come India has never been a part of any major football tournament?! Dem still dey serve ban?! grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 4:08pm On May 20, 2017
Nowenuse:

Seriously, that biting and fowl shit is just absurd and hillarious. How could we have fall for such things?

You need to see the way guys will be begging after biting someone and the person threatens to apply fowl shit on the place grin
hahhahahahahahhaahha grin

its stl working till date oo
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 4:09pm On May 20, 2017
Lisaflex:

As in eh! If na cleaner/person,d guy flex die! grin
hahahahahahahahhahahaahhagrin

I wish I was..... grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by EmpireSolid: 4:29pm On May 20, 2017
PapiSmith:
Most of these stories are from boarding schools.

I remember when we had to camp for WAEC back then in high school (Livingstone model college ikorodu) We would always tell stories about how mysterious beings lurk in the dark at night and bla bla bla...

Well we had an unfortunate encounter with one that hung on our bus from a cemetery at ikorodu on our way back from exam hall. grin

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by number5(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2017
akinz4u:

Lmao, u even get mine too try am... me I no fit even think am

lolz..as a kid, I was vary daring noni

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o / DSS Detains Tricycle Rider In Osun On Orders Of Ooni Of Ife Over Text Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.