Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) (43483 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Ooni Of Ife With The Ladies / Throwback Photos Of Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife / 6 Nigerian Cultural Myths That Are Unfavourable To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by pressplay411(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2017
greatjoey:
Others may be a mere myth. But that of a jinn or Aljanu is real. They are evil spirit kinda. They turn to become spirit husbands to ladies and appears to them at intervals. They prevent ladies from marriage.

You're too old for this shii.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oseiwe(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2017
oshe11:
OP go to warri and ask for Igbudu Monkey, then U go knw say Pregnant Women na myth wen turn REALITY

If U bite someone and the person rob fowl shyt for the place, ur teeth go PULL grin

fixed

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by BABANGBALI: 7:47pm On May 19, 2017
To fok mammy water dey hungry me
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Ogalanyachieze: 7:48pm On May 19, 2017
@jinn they are responsible for all the names of allah appearing on trees making some people shout allah akbar. Lol @mermaid story maybe thats how dangote got his millions
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 19, 2017
All the story not complete without odo Iya alaro angry
Switup:
grin

Lady koi koi sha.... Heard loads bout her mysteries but unfortunately, i never saw her in person. I guess now she has become a slay queen cheesy
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 19, 2017
Baba abeg yarn us wetin happen I take God beg u nau shocked sad embarassed
twosquare:
not a myth mate, I had a first-hand experience with that demonic spirit in 2011...no be play
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by akinz4u(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2017
pressplay411:

Speaking of which, word has is if you take the spec off a dog's eyes in the early morning and applied it on yours, you see ghosts like dogs do.
Would have tried it if I wasn't so grossed out.
that want is really gross... just imagining how d ppl came about that ideology, Abi Dem try am. #smh
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by pressplay411(m): 7:57pm On May 19, 2017
akinz4u:

that want is really gross... just imagining how d ppl came about that ideology, Abi Dem try am. #smh

The things we heard and believed. Thank God for education and Science.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by bbeautylik(f): 7:58pm On May 19, 2017
delishpot:
grin point of correction op it is LADY koikoi
And the one you call Jinn is known as Bush baby
What about crossing someone's legs?

we all know it as different names I know it as Madam koi koi
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by bbeautylik(f): 8:00pm On May 19, 2017
azeedOo:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles  2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc..

✅*DAILY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
15GB @ 1000

✅*WEEKLY PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
10GB @ 1000
15GB @ 1300

✅*[MONTHLY PLANS] 38days duration (Both day and night)*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
4GB @ 1000
5GB @ 1200
7.5GB @ 1,500
10GB @ 2,000
15GB @ 2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

✅*NIGHT PLANS*
MTN/GLO/ETI/AIRTEL
5GB @ 800
10GB @ 1000
15gb @ 1200

✅*Unlimited* @ 3000# 90days duration ( Available on all Netwrk)

Pay with MTN Recharge cards. You can also make VTU transfer etc.. just Your Number Is needed... You should know that's this is  data shared, no code, and it's not a cheat..
#GodBless You As You Patronize Us...

✅*Refer A Friend and Get 500MB as Compensation.. 
100% Sure and Reliable...

✅*These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS.....
Ole... if not modelsms it can never be another!

1 Like

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Fmartin(m): 8:09pm On May 19, 2017
grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 8:16pm On May 19, 2017
twosquare:
not a myth mate, I had a first-hand experience with that demonic spirit in 2011...no be play

Pls can u tell us more?
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by henrimoto(m): 8:18pm On May 19, 2017
korel9:
That small girl for inside that mirror just spoil show for person.

hahahahaha.....Yeye Boy!
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 8:19pm On May 19, 2017
PharmaGirl:
But mammy waters and the looking under your leg to see ghosts stories are true

Any personal encounter?Pls share
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 8:20pm On May 19, 2017
oseiwe:
fixed
Ma Niggie! grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Lisaflex(f): 8:23pm On May 19, 2017
I'm suprised dt no one has mentioned "window man".
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Emmyk(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2017
9jakohai:
One time, in the year 198-....I looked at a mirror at 12 midnight.

Did something bad happen to me?
We wouldn't know except you share.
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 8:29pm On May 19, 2017
bbeautylik:
Ole... if not modelsms it can never be another!
Av U tried the modelsms?

And is it payment after service?

Wat makes it better, pls share!
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by henrimoto(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2017
talk2saintify:
NIGERIA AND INDIA ENDED 1-99
BUH INDIA USE CHARM
AND THE BALL WAS MADE OF A LION'S HEAD

BUH NIGERIANS WERE DECLARED WINNERS
grin grin
And that was how India was banned from FIFA competitions. Hahahahaha
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 8:33pm On May 19, 2017
Lisaflex:
I'm suprised dt no one has mentioned "window man".
Tell Us About Him
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Ndmichaels(m): 8:34pm On May 19, 2017
Hmm! So none of your parents' told you that they always took the first position in their classes?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Freeopod(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2017
My people, how come India has never been a part of any major football tournament?! Dem still dey serve ban?! grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Adek15(m): 8:50pm On May 19, 2017
pressplay411:

You're too old for this shii.
if you don't believe jinn exists, then angels, Satan and even God don't exist too..
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by reiddecuti: 8:54pm On May 19, 2017
Some niggaz even then will swear with their unborn kids or their future that they have encounter this things face to face.

And u go come dey like wonder.....
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by vampire2020: 8:57pm On May 19, 2017
My oga eke40seven viewing cheesy
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by bbeautylik(f): 8:59pm On May 19, 2017
oshe11:
Av U tried the modelsms?

And is it payment after service?

Wat makes it better, pls share!
I have and I am still.... Modelsms is for real. many can testify
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by reiddecuti: 9:00pm On May 19, 2017
What about robbing powder and looking at mirror at night, u go see demon/ghost/death people, whatever...
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by oshe11: 9:03pm On May 19, 2017
bbeautylik:
I have and I am still.... Modelsms is for real. many can testify
Pls give me His contact
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by number5(m): 9:09pm On May 19, 2017
akinz4u:
Op letme add one
Heard if u spread ur legs wide open and bend ur head to look underneath in between your legs for MARKET place, dat u go see Dead people, Ghost etc... Lol...Fear no gree me try am till today I no care weda Na myth or fiction.
Just want to leave mata for Mathias, me no wan Gobe...

tried it once..the kind knock abi na konck wey my elderly dash me ehhnn

I was tempted to believe he was one of the spirits grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by brendan007: 9:14pm On May 19, 2017
PharmaGirl:
But mammy waters and the looking under your leg to see ghosts stories are true
Hmm......Another has it that at a burial ceremony if you step on a pin, bend over and look through your legs then you'll see ghosts floating around. However, you have to be very careful while removing the pin from beneath your foot as the ghosts could spot you and that will be your end.
Anyways, that's not worth trying now. You can't be sure of which myth is real or which one isn't. grin grin
Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 19, 2017
rekeson:
U see how easy it is to program a human mind with lies...

A true testament to the fact that most of the beliefs we hold dear today might just be lies passed down to us by our ancestors long gone.

The mirror own is Kinda real. In the occult, mirrors are used to communicate between realms and invoke spirits. Same with enchantment balls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) by number5(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2017
reiddecuti:
Some niggaz even then will swear with their unborn kids or their future that they have encounter this things face to face.

And u go come dey like wonder.....

there is this one we encountered often in the north dose days though I dnt know the authenticity of whatever/whoever is behind a white linen.

but u see a manlike figure walking around a big mans house continuously all through the night..white clothes from back of the head downwards, face is flat,as in no face, no nose ,mouth, eyes. just a flat bump of skin.

we were told that they were conjured by big men esp ex soldiers to gaurd their house against thiefs and fetish attackers. they were never known to have talked or communed with anyone..and dose days when we see such from our windows far off, na to enter under pillow till morning ooh..lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Why Aren't Somali Woman In Hollywood???? / African People With Blue Eyes...weird... O_o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.