Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,361 members, 7,860,993 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs (32071 Views)

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ezeagu(m): 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I seconded that opinion, 100% resource control for the ND.the igbo tribe should just f u c k off

You are a l o s e r! Aturū.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Do you condemn the killing of Igbos by MEND and other ND millitants[size=14pt] in the Asaba massacre[/size]? A simple yes or no would suffice.

Interestingly, your fellow partner in act, Sapeleguy has gone into hibernation. cheesy cheesy cheesy

In Biafra? Or hunger as a war tactic. Oh yes I do! And very strongly too.
The very same fox is now after the ND too. embarassed
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by sjeezy8: 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
all the fake defenders of ND should leave it alone

because sjeezy is not fake I call a spade a spade. NNPC's policy is to lift Oil in any and all Oil producing states in Nigeria. I dont care about any tribalism or any militants or anything.
kiss

just make sure NNPC gets its Oil.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2010
ezeagu
how am i a loser, your people should leave niger delta people and their oil alone, that is my assertion:,
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by adigun101: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

Damn you and your Igbo agenda  .   .   we are all Nigerians and Nigeria has come to stay, the earlier you get that into your head the better for you. Take it upon yourself that  YOU are only making your self a second class citizen with the MYTH that the Northerners and Yoruba are in control and they are wicked people. Hmmmmmmmm
My Igbo Agenda shocked shocked
You might be making yourself a second class citizen by believing that igbos recruit even non-ibos for an igbo agenda.
Does the ability to state the facts make you an igbo ?
Well i'm finished with you my dear.

Anyone else with facts for or against the argument?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ezeagu(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

ezeagu
how am i a loser, your people should leave niger delta people and their oil alone, that is my assertion:,

Leave the same Niger Delta they are a part of? Makes sense?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2010
Old news!!!!!!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by WilyWily7: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Do you condemn the killing of Igbos by MEND and other ND millitants? A simple yes or no would suffice.
MEND will never kill any Igboman,
Just Shut up, if you don't know what to say.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ezeagu(m): 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Old news!!!!!!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by nduchucks: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

In Biafra? Or hunger as a war tactic. Oh yes I do! And very strongly too.
The very same fox is now after the ND too. embarassed

I am not refering to the civil war killings or the Asaba killings. I am refering to the killing of Igbos by MEND and other ND millitants.  I know you wish to sweep it under the carpet and dismiss it as tall tales, but that will not cut it.

This article mentioned documented killings of hundreds of Igbos. http://www.igbokwe.org/Akobundu.html  Why can't you just say, if this criminal acts took place, "I Beaf condemn it".   If you can't say that, we may start thinking that you support the attrocious killings.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2010
Yes old story cause that was the reason why ojukwu went to war so he could  become the president and finance biafra republic with the oil, is that hard for you to understand?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I am not refering to the civil war killings or the Asaba killings. I am refering to the killing of Igbos by MEND and other ND millitants. I know you wish to sweep it under the carpet and dismiss it as tall tales, but that will not cut it.

This article mentioned documented killings of hundreds of Igbos. http://www.igbokwe.org/Akobundu.html Why can't you just say, if this criminal acts took place, "I Beaf condemn it". If you can't say that, we may start thinking that you support the attrocious killings.

My friend, stop going about creating websites in desperation. But like I said, this is a veeeeery fuuuuuunny thread, where the desperado's have all come out, decked in all their fakery, to first "defend" the ND from the Igbo's; after failing woefully, they are now "defending" the Igbo's from the ND. . . And failing very woefully in this new pursuit as well (due to low brain power grin grin grin).
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by darkman200: 5:59pm On Jan 16, 2010
hmmmm igbos , they can be vicious lots, i love them though, i think they are the most enterprising and innovative among the nigerian establishment, well i need to get me an ibo girl to marry hehehe
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2010
Lwkmd
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ezeagu(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Yes old story cause that was the reason why ojukwu went to war so he could  become the president and finance biafra republic with the oil, is that hard for you to understand?

I have no idea what that has to do with me stating there are Igbolands in the Niger Delta.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
If it has nothig to with ezeagu,why is the igbo tribe laying claim to it?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by nduchucks: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

My friend, stop going about creating websites in desperation. But like I said, this is a veeeeery fuuuuuunny thread, where the desperado's have all come out, decked in all their fakery, to first "defend" the ND from the Igbo's; after failing woefully, they are now "defending" the Igbo's from the ND. . . And failing very woefully in this new pursuit as well (due to low brain power grin grin grin).

My questions to you have nothing to do with ND or MEND apologists. You have refused to condemn violent acts against ndiigbo by MEND and other ND millitants, your act has been fully noted.

Why is your partner in act, Sapele guy in hibernation?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2010
adigun101:

You see your backwardness? Take ND from who ?
Who owns it at the moment.
Ijaw, Urhobo, Edo, Efik ,  or from themseleves (ibos)
If anyone owns ND it is Niger river.
My point is that ibo constitutes about 30% of ND indegenes.

Thank you very much adigun101. I am really impressed with your resolute pursuit of the truth here. Unfortunately, your type is very rare in Nigeria. By rare I mean those who are prepared to say the truth no matter whose ox is gored.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.  wink
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2010
^^^
So how can one lay "claim" to what he partly owns? Isn't it foregone that he partly owns it I cannot "claim" to own part of my fathers property.

I think that Ken Saro Wiwa's poem captures the essence of this discourse. I will post excerpts.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2010
Ahhh interesting to hear that!!!!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
Saro wiwa:

Again, shall you say

Because the scar

Of the betraying spear

Is still fresh and frail

You shall not give ear

To the cry of your brother

About to be smashed

By his adversaries?

Brother mine,

Shall you say

Because your own brother

Led you into the hands

Of defeats

Your balm of brotherhood

Will forever suffer

Humiliation?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
It is obvious that the enemies of South east and south south are at work!
The ndu_chuks and the yeswecan and bluetooth

Known oil thieves are at work!

You have stolen enough from Wiwa's oil wells.
Go home now! angry
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2010
Shall you say

Because your own brother

Led you into the hands

Of defeats

Your balm of brotherhood

Will forever suffer

Humiliation?

The enemies of Ndigbo and Niger delta are at work and I hope my Niger delta brothers see them clearly.
Some of them claim to be from Niger delta but are infact northerners or westerners.
Open your eyes and stop them!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
Thank you again [size=16pt]my brother Beaf ![/size] wink
E dey pain dem well well!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by nduchucks: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Saro wiwa:

Again, shall you say

Because the scar

Of the betraying spear

Is still fresh and frail

You shall not give ear

To the cry of your brother

About to be smashed

By his adversaries?

Brother mine,

Shall you say

Because your own brother

Led you into the hands

Of defeats

Your balm of brotherhood

Will forever suffer

Humiliation?

Nice poem. Are you quoting the same Wiwa, knowing that in 1995, Ojukwu signed government documents identifying himself as a witness to Wiwa's death?  The same Wiwa whom Ojukwu had counted as an enemy since the collapse of Biafra's secessionist movement? na wa o.

As to the claim that ibo constitutes about 30% of ND indegenes, many in ND believe that the number may be close to less than 5% rather than the 30% you are claiming as fact.  Please provide supporting evidence to substantiate your claims.  White lies will not cut it here.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Thank you again [size=16pt]my brother Beaf ![/size] wink
E dey pain dem well well!

Yes o! E dey pain dem well well! grin
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Nice poem. Are you quoting the same Wiwa, knowing that in 1995, Ojukwu signed government documents identifying himself as a witness to Wiwa's death?  The same Wiwa whom Ojukwu had counted as an enemy since the collapse of Biafra's secessionist movement? na wa o.

As to the claim that ibo constitutes about 30% of ND indegenes, many in ND believe that the number may be close to less than 5% rather than the 30% you are claiming as fact.  Please provide supporting evidence to substantiate your claims.  White lies will not cut it here.

Now back to you defending Niger delta! A while ago you were defending Igbo !
Ha ndu_chuks!
Are you that desperate

So Ojukwu is now the Abacha and Oladipo Diya that hanged Wiwa.
Was Ojukwu holding any government post in 1995?
Was he a judge in the case?
Was he the governor of rivers state?

Do you think people are as daft as you!

Na wa for you.

Dan Iska!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by nduchucks: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ha ndu_chuks!
Are you that desperate

Unlike you and others, I will stand against injustice, whether it is perpetrated against the Almanjiris of the North, the Ogonis, the Igbos of Delta state, or any other Nigerian. I don't see events through tribal lenses as you do.

Read the following article for your enjoyment. I will continue to expose those who want to perpetrate terror and crimes against any group of Nigerians. Period.

Here's the article, titled "Igbos of Delta State and Crisis of Identity" : 

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/2846/1/Igbos-of-Delta-State-and-Crisis-of-Identity-Part-1/Page1.html

Extract:

If there is any separate and distinct tribal group that has been contributing a lot to the development of Nigeria, it is none other than the Igbos of delta state. I believed that if  IBB’s regime had given  us our cherished Anioma State, we would have fared better than under the present gang-like hegemony of the Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ezon, Isoko and Ijaw. We  never bargained for this present raw deal with IBB. In fact, we were better off under the Benin Kingdom than under the present Urhobo ‘Korokoro’ arrogant domination and hegemonic tendencies.

More, read the rest yourselves

The irony of this act of impunity is that the same people  who are fighting for injustice in the Niger Delta are deliberately and consciously denying the Igbo-speaking people justice in Delta State. The ubiquitous James Ibori, as a former governor of the state, was virtually operating from Warri, leaving Asaba in the most despicable state of disrepair. How can you be crying foul against the Federal government and fighting for justice when your stock is virtually denying Igbos in Delta State the same justice?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ezeagu(m): 6:56pm On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Ha ndu_chuks!
Are you that desperate

So Ojukwu is now the Abacha and Oladipo Diya that hanged Wiwa.
Was Ojukwu holding any government post in 1995?
Was he a judge in the case?
Was he the governor of rivers state?

Do you think people are as daft as you!

Na wa for you.

Dan Iska!

grin
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Abagworo(m): 7:02pm On Jan 16, 2010
i would like to know

(1)if south-south is same as niger-delta

(2)if niger-delta is an ethnic group

(3)the list of all the ethnic groups in niger-delta

(4)the list of all the ethnic groups in south-south.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2010
Abagworo:

i would like to know

(1)if south-south is same as niger-delta

(2)if niger-delta is an ethnic group

(3)the list of all the ethnic groups in niger-delta

(4)the list of all the ethnic groups in south-south.

Your answer, thanks to Adigun -adigun101

Mind you ND is different from south - south.
ND is a geographical entity while SS is a geo-political entity.
The region known as the Niger-Delta are made up of the following Nigerian states. with their ibo composition.

Abia - 100%
Akwa-Ibom - 5%
Cross River State - 7%
Edo - 1%
Imo - 100%
Ondo States. - 0%
Delta State - 30 %
Rivers State - 60%
Bayelsa State - 15%

This is proof that the ibos have the right to claim ND.
S
Maps
http://coral.lili.uni-bielefeld.de/langdoc/EGA/Proposals/Ega-proposal2/sv019026.jpg

1898 map of Niger-Delta ( Even before Nigeria was created !)
http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/Maps/historic/1898_map_niger_delta.html
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by asha80(m): 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Unlike you and others, I will stand against injustice, whether it is perpetrated against the Almanjiris of the North, the Ogonis, the Igbos of Delta state, or any other Nigerian. I don't see events through tribal lenses as you do.

Read the following article for your enjoyment. I will continue to expose those who want to perpetrate terror and crimes against any group of Nigerians. Period.

Here's the article, titled "Igbos of Delta State and Crisis of Identity" :  

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/2846/1/Igbos-of-Delta-State-and-Crisis-of-Identity-Part-1/Page1.html

Extract:

More, read the rest yourselves

I thought it is said that there is no igbo in delta state

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Ambode, Mimiko At RCCG 64th Convention / Corruption: NNPC, First Bank Reacts To Seizure Of $153.3m Diezani Money.. / Akin Adesina: Atiku Abubakar rallies support for AfdB President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.