Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,729 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:28 AM

My Take On Rapture. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Take On Rapture. (1926 Views)

If You Were Left Behind On Rapture Day, Would You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / Message From D.K Olukoya On Rapture / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On Rapture. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Zenithpeak:

The good God of heaven and the earth be with you in your journey, let His everlasting arms be your shield and His countenance be lifted upon you.

I will be waiting for you on this part of eternity if Christ tarries, to come and consummate what you started. Stay blessed.

I hope i come back alive.Going against communities that have never received Christ isn't joke. Elders that have sold the soul of their communities to villages for ages. It's time to go against think pitch darkness. So, it's...I'm prepared for the worst case scenario sha
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
sobastical:

Hehehe, more anointing sir

Thank you. It's a no-return or return journey, i definitely need this. Thanks alot
Re: My Take On Rapture. by analize701: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Great! On the lookout.......

Wish your phone fast and healthy charge. grin
on the other hand, i think i should let it be. no need. Let's wait out for Christ's return.
Re: My Take On Rapture. by princely83(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
The rapture and the second coming of Christ are often confused. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether a scripture verse is referring to the rapture or the second coming. However, in studying end-times Bible prophecy, it is very important to differentiate between the two.

The rapture is when Jesus Christ returns to remove the church (all believers in Christ) from the earth. The rapture is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air. This will all occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye. The second coming is when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist, destroy evil, and establish His millennial kingdom. The second coming is described in Revelation 19:11-16.

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences. In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.
Re: My Take On Rapture. by adelee777: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2017
[quote author=Incrizz post=62622523]

Thank you so much.
The world has been deceived![/quote

We thank God my bro. D problem is that people don't read their bible. There are so many misconceptions ingrained in modern xtianity. May God expose them all in Jesus Name.
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Incrizz(f): 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
Jupxter:

I'm not concentrating jare...Maybe later

You're sound theologically. What church ?

The Holy Spirit.
HE teaches me all things and reminds me of everything.

HE is for real.
I ask HIM questions, HE answers.
You probably know this already but HE is actually The One that taught me, as well as recognise it when others speak it.
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2017
sobastical:

There's a spirit of antichrist and also a man of antichrist

Some place in the bible he was referred to as the son of perdition

Meaning nothing like Antichrist nor spirit of Antichrist is ever written there? That's why I don't see how that scripture support ur point.

Do not think Antichrist refers to one person. Both in the first century and today, there were and had been antichrists. 1john 2:18. No need to stay and await one person named antichrist. They are here already.

1 Like

Re: My Take On Rapture. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
Incrizz:

The Holy Spirit.
HE teaches me all things and reminds me of everything.

HE is for real.
I ask HIM questions, HE answers.
You probably know this already but HE is actually The One that taught me, as well as recognise it when others speak it.

For a lady, you have great spiritual depth. Well done
Re: My Take On Rapture. by paxonel(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
Incrizz:
This is my take on Rapture teachings.

2 Thessalonians Chapter 2:3 was talking about The Rapture and says,

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

Do you understand what that Scripture means?

The Rapture will not happen until the Antichrist has been revealed.

Meaning, The Antichrist would have already done his havoc before Christ appears; to take His people away!

Christ will not come a 3rd time to take batch2 of people away!

And when Christ comes and takes His people away i.e The Rapture,
what is left is, The Judgment.

So what am I saying?

I am saying that it is not Rapture then Antichrist but rather

Antichrist then Rapture!

So you see? A lot of Christians are not watching and praying against perdition and falling away because they are expecting Rapture first.

What Christ said to us, I say to all, WATCH AND PRAY!!

If you agree, then you may need to copy and share.

-copied
Op, this is fiction!
There is nothing like rapture, the bible never mentioned any such thing.
Parables are like figurative languages used in some scriptures to explain natural occurence.

Obviously, you people are misinterpreting some figurative languages of the bible to mean that they are talking about rapture, meanwhile they are talking about something else.

I will advice you people to remain focus on your legitimate professions on earth and not be distracted by this fake rapture doctrine.

Rapture is not coming

Rather, this earth remains forever, no end.

God's kingdom has no end
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
paxonel:

Op, this is fiction!
There is nothing like rapture, the bible never mentioned any such thing.
Parables are like figurative languages used in some scriptures to explain natural occurence.

Obviously, you people are misinterpreting some figurative languages of the bible to mean that they are talking about rapture, meanwhile they are talking about something else.

I will advice you people to remain focus on your legitimate professions on earth and not be distracted by this fake rapture doctrine.

Rapture is not coming

Rather, this earth remains forever, no end.

God's kingdom has no end

Sorry, then you don't have a flint understanding of what the return of Christ means
Re: My Take On Rapture. by paxonel(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Jupxter:

Sorry, then you don't have a flint understanding of what the return of Christ means
I understand everything!
Christ has been returning everyday.
Anytime anybody dies that is the return of Christ.
He comes to judge people when they die.

It is appointed ones for men to die, after that judgement.

You people are mistaking resurrection of the dead as explained in 1 Thessalonians 4 for rapture.

That mistake was propagated by ancient catholic church and the church is still holding the fake doctrine till today
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Incrizz(f): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
sobastical:

There's a spirit of antichrist and also a man of antichrist

Some place in the bible he was referred to as the son of perdition

God bless you.
JMAN05 please take note...
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Incrizz(f): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
paxonel:

You people are mistaking resurrection of the dead as explained in 1 Thessalonians 4 for rapture

I Thessalonians 4:17
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord ...

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead

Why are you working against The LORD paxonel?
Re: My Take On Rapture. by paxonel(m): 12:22am On Dec 01, 2017
Incrizz:

I Thessalonians 4:17
After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord ...

Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead

Why are you working against The LORD paxonel?

I'm not working against the Lord anything.
when you read scriptures like these, what comes into your mind will depend on previous scriptures that you have read before which relates to the subject matter. If you did not read previous scriptures in relation to it how will you possibly know what it is trying to explain??

Anytime is see 1 Thessalonians 4:17 you quoted, it tells me that previous scriptures says, just like how Jesus was resurrected that's how all christians resurrects when they die, so christians should comfort one another with this hope of resurrection.

I don't see anything rapture there.

Infact if you look at the preceding verses

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep(christians which died), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him(will God resurrect).
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive(christians who did not yet died at that time) and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.(in order words, shall not prevent those that died from resurrecting).

Now, what is the coming of our Lord is it referring to?
It is referring to the day of the Lord, the day we will die.
Everyone have their own date of death, hence their own different date of The lords coming.

Verse 16 explains what will happen when we die

16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

So death is like a call, using trumpet or shout that your time has come.(what you people erroneously called rapture or sound of the trumpet).

We will die to resurrect back to life again immediately, as speed as the twinkling of the eye.(see 1 cor. 15:52).In other words, we don't die in the real sense, we sleep and wake up. That thing called DEATH has been defeated.

17. Then we which are alive(chriatians who did not die) and remain shall be caught up(meaning:interact) together with them(those that have died) in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I keep saying something, it takes a huge intelligence and thinking to understand certain scriptures, this is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Rapture. by sobastical: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Incrizz:

God bless you. JMAN05 please take note...
Spirit of the antichrist: 1John 2:18,22, 4:3 & 2john 1:7
Antichrist in person 2thess 2:3-4 or to 12 Daniel 7:7-7, 8:9-12 Rev 13:1-10
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Incrizz(f): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2017
paxonel:

I keep saying something, it takes a huge intelligence and thinking to understand certain scriptures, this is one of them.

I can't blame you,
It's the god of this world who blinds people so that they do not understand the Gospel, and thereby believe, and thereby get saved that I blame.

When you want to understand The Scripture "with huge intelligence and thinking" instead of through the power of The Holy Spirit, why won't you see white korokoro and call it black? undecided
Re: My Take On Rapture. by paxonel(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2017
Incrizz:

I can't blame you,
It's the god of this world who blinds people so that they do not understand the Gospel, and thereby believe, and thereby get saved that I blame.

When you want to understand The Scripture "with huge intelligence and thinking" instead of through the power of The Holy Spirit, why won't you see white korokoro and call it black? undecided
Identity the white kororo that i called black in my post through your holy spirit let's see. Failure to do that now, you have made mokery of the holy spirit and God will somehow visit you.

When you write a subject that you did not read and understand do you call the holy spirit to help you pass the subject?
If that is what you do, certainly you will fail the subject, and that is Gods visit and punishment to you for refusing to read to your understanding.
This is exactly what is happening to you Africans.

Inability to read and understand by yourself with the hope of holy spirit giving you inspiration to understand or refusal to read at all.

Failures and poverty then set it and you be running from one church to another looking for holy spirit to solve your problems .

Are you not the ones exhibiting end time spirit like that?

Africans, Una funny o
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Rapture. by Iceflox(f): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
sobastical:

Spirit of the antichrist: 1John 2:18,22, 4:3 & 2john 1:7

Antichrist in person
2thess 2:3-4 or to 12
Daniel 7:7-7, 8:9-12
Rev 13:1-10
Bush monkey
Na illiteracy won finish you so o.
You just dey write scriptures down, you nor know wetin be Antichrist.
If Rev. Chris oyakhilome preach different understanding from wetin Daddy Adeboye dey preach na him be say oyakhilome na Antichrist ?
You nor well
Re: My Take On Rapture. by sobastical: 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
Iceflox:

Bush monkey
Na illiteracy won finish you so o.
You just dey write scriptures down, you nor know wetin be Antichrist.
If Rev. Chris oyakhilome preach different understanding from wetin Daddy Adeboye dey preach na him be say oyakhilome na Antichrist ?
You nor well

What happened to politeness?
I can see you're really gearing for a war of words but am sorry am way past that. But I marvel at this and thinking you're a Christian self acclaimed born again with such words to his fellow even when the bible said we should follow peace with all men. Am sure you come across that
if am wrong or you disagree to that just air your opinion without being a bully.

May the Lord have mercy on us all.
Re: My Take On Rapture. by Iceflox(f): 12:02am On Dec 05, 2017
sobastical:

What happened to politeness?
I can see you're really gearing for a war of words but am sorry am way past that. But I marvel at this and thinking you're a Christian self acclaimed born again with such words to his fellow even when the bible said we should follow peace with all men. Am sure you come across that
if am wrong or you disagree to that just air your opinion without being a bully.

May the Lord have mercy on us all.
I thought you had indirectly referred to anyone here as Antichrist which i felt it's not fair.
I have now read where you are coming from.
I'm really sorry about the outburst!

1 Like

Re: My Take On Rapture. by sobastical: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Iceflox:

I thought you had indirectly referred to anyone here as Antichrist which i felt it's not fair.
I have now read where you are coming from.
I'm really sorry about the outburst!

It's okay sir...

Thanks for understanding my point of view.. Do have a great day ahead. shalom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's Prophecy Fulfilled 24 Hours After! / How Warri Billionaire Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Spent Over N100m To Mark Birthday / You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.