Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,329 members, 7,829,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pls I Need Help Here - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pls I Need Help Here (890 Views)

(photo) This Girl Has Finished Me Pls I Need Advice / Ladies Please I Need A Little Help Here / Ladies I Need Your Help Here Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 20, 2017
Good pm landers. Thanks for your concern I'm sorry, its a long story. it's about relationship stuff. So, I'm 18 and have a girlfriend (you might bash me for this) but I do out of a lotta tinz. I'm an introvert. and to reduce my depression as wat I was passing true then led me into having a relationship. So there's this girl I love same age thou. we've been in for 11 months now. I once made a post on nairaland of how my dad caught us in a closet. we weren't doing anything, but we went there for the deal and he knew, quickly he left and gave me a call, telling me not to be scared, that I wasn't a child any longer.
Meanwhile a lady leaving next door has been telling my mum about my relationship with her neighborhood (my girlfriend). And my mum has completely opposed that because my girl friend was born out of wedlock, so she just don't want my relationship with her. plus we aren't from same tribe. she's IBO and I'm yoruba, but I just can't leave my girl friend like that cause things we've been through together. fast forward to yesterday. we were meant to hang out mum saw her leaving d house. she later went to hers to get something only to find her step dad cooking in their kitchen. She warned me again of my girlfriend. but my girlfriend has explained the scienero to me of how her step dad tried to sleep with her and all that, she disagreed, and he declared war on her asking her also not to cook for him any longer, hence, the reason he was at the kitchen. I tried to explain this to my mum, but she didn't listen. she went ahead told my dad.( my mum doesn't know my dad knows we are dating). This morning, my dad called me, gave me a thousand reason not to be in a relationship with her, and asked me to quit. I know it seems odd to talk bout marriage. we've promised to be there for each other till we're ready for marriage. but my parents are already opposing that. that's wat I need help on.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by kings20(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2017
Itz obvious its not meant to be Deal with it move on
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2017
I find this funny gringrin

You're 18 and already promising a lady marriage? ??

I hope you become wise

Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 20, 2017
KissChrixx:
I find this funny gringrin

You're 18 and already promising a lady marriage? ??

I hope you become wise
it's not like it a promise, but what if it turns out that way?
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 20, 2017
kings20:
Itz obvious its not meant to be Deal with it move on
I don't understand
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Sunshyne200(m): 9:40pm On May 20, 2017
Dear op, I was like that. I promised her heaven and earth at 18, but guess what?
Almost 10 years later, I don't even think dating(@18, in Nig) was necessary, it rubs you off your creativity for the highly competitive society.
Just let her go, in 5 years, you would be glad you did.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Young03(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2017
Quit nah

or make una do am Secretly but children of nowadays.

I started dating at d age of 23 n that was d first tym my parents saw me wit a girl

I
no b say I no de do sand fĂșcking before then o
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 20, 2017
Sigh there is like layers of layers of stuff here.
1. Your girlfriend has helped you through very difficult situations that is acknowledged
2. Stop getting into cupboards. If she was to get pregnant can you support her? Both of your lives are complex you don't want a third layer added.
3. You seem to have a good relationship with your dad talk to him about how you feel.He was young once, I am certain his parents did not automatically think his choice of a wife was ideal. Young love does feel like the real thing.
4. Your girlfriend has problems, problems you cannot fix,I have no doubt that you indeed love her and want to rescue her from this horrible situation
5. Your mum might be wrong, she might be right her disapproval is out of love for you don't judge her harshly.
6. You can choose to date or wait for each other but focus on securing a future for both of you if this is what you truly want.
If you are still supported by your parents having an opinion and a point of view is going to be very difficult I am sure you are aware of this.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 20, 2017
Mr Man! Save yourself from emotional distress at a tender age. Life is beyond Romeo and Juliet adventure. Cut the relationsip ish off for now. Be busy with your life and stop thinking about women now(Focus on improving yourself mentally and spiritually). When the time comes, you will realise how useful this advice is.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by McBrooklyn(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2017

Re: Pls I Need Help Here by damjane(f): 11:09pm On May 20, 2017
well its not a crime for a guy your age to be dating, but for a guy your age I think this relationship is too serious and deep for you to handle. I understand you feel emotionally connected to these your lady probably because she was there for you in difficult times, but trust me you don't want to walk down this path.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 8:13am On May 21, 2017
Sunshyne200:
Dear op, I was like that. I promised her heaven and earth at 18, but guess what?
Almost 10 years later, I don't even think dating(@18, in Nig) was necessary, it rubs you off your creativity for the highly competitive society.
Just let her go, in 5 years, you would be glad you did.

tanx alot sir, but we are so much attached now. How do i leave without causing pains on her? Wont i be seen as wicked?
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Sunshyne200(m): 8:20am On May 21, 2017
hope2wise:

tanx alot sir, but we are so much attached now. How do i leave without causing pains on her? Wont i be seen as wicked?

Nope, you aren't wicked, sometimes reality may look scary, but be hopeful about the future.
Understand that you are quite young as you don't even have a career yet and this singular reason could be a barrier to your supposed Happy home.
You have being on NL for a while, and would have seen how the ladies react to Broke guys, I suggest you get a career and money first, then give it a shot.
I am not saying break up totally with her, but you guys should go on sabbatical for now, for NLT 4 years, and chase your various careers, then come back by 22,iif you still attached its OK.
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Nobody: 8:25am On May 21, 2017
Raine80:
Sigh there is like layers of layers of stuff here.
1. Your girlfriend has helped you through very difficult situations that is acknowledged
2. Stop getting into cupboards. If she was to get pregnant can you support her? Both of your lives are complex you don't want a third layer added.
3. You seem to have a good relationship with your dad talk to him about how you feel.He was young once, I am certain his parents did not automatically think his choice of a wife was ideal. Young love does feel like the real thing.
4. Your girlfriend has problems, problems you cannot fix,I have no doubt that you indeed love her and want to rescue her from this horrible situation
5. Your mum might be wrong, she might be right her disapproval is out of love for you don't judge her harshly.
6. You can choose to date or wait for each other but focus on securing a future for both of you if this is what you truly want.
If you are still supported by your parents having an opinion and a point of view is going to be very difficult I am sure you are aware of this.

(2)I cant even watch her go through all the shame of getting pregnant.
(3) and (6)dont have all that closeness wit my dad. i used to have a job i do, but its pay is kinda low attimes high sha. I decided to get a new one told my dad abt it, he go angry at me that i shouldt go into that kinda job. That pple he knows wont speak well of him if i do. He shouted at me and all that. The my mum told him behind my back that i needed to buy somethings which i didnt say. He gave me some money, and that was when he started talking bout this issue.
(4)Telling her about a break up, will break her. I myself might take sometimes to heal. But how do i go about it without hurting her
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Lalas247(f): 8:28am On May 21, 2017
You are 18 undecided

Misplaced priority ..
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by MMMscam: 11:26am On May 21, 2017
Lalas247:
You are 18 undecided

Missed placed priority ..

Misplaced!
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by MMMscam: 11:28am On May 21, 2017
@OP, obey your parents!
Re: Pls I Need Help Here by Lalas247(f): 1:36pm On May 21, 2017
MMMscam:

Misplaced!
Oshey

(1) (Reply)

Ladies: What Fake Name Do You Give Guys Who Tries To Talk To You? / Check Out This Hot Slay Queen Backside / What's Your Take On This Pre Wedding Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.